Elysian Vanguard Nasazura's Rest: Making Contact

Tiko

Draconic Administrator/Mentor
Administrator
Mentor
Nexus GM
It was nearing the second week since the battle that had shaken the planet to its core and though she had sent out the call far and wide to bid the return of their numbers to the temple, many had yet to make contact. Most worrisome perhaps was the complete silence from Veshrac. Though the Mira clan valued its privacy and the remoteness of the Veshrac rainforest, it was unlike Leonus to ignore a call for aid. The grizzled veteran had been with their Order since the days of the Orsa of Terminus, and his silence was unnerving.

It was for this reason that she had sought out Grandmaster Kinra. Though he had only recently returned the temple, having spent a great deal of his time with the Vanguard aiding in support efforts within Aelora. The time flux between the rest of Valore, and the mythical land of Aelora was such that the sylvae had accumulated a great deal of experience equivalent to fifty years to the five years that had passed during his time away, but his racial propensity towards a lack of physical aging meant that he still looked scarcely a day over sixteen. His long absence and youthful appearance had left him struggling with some of the newer arrivals, but such was to be expected when you maintained such a youthful appearance.

For herself though, able to change her physique on a whim, she had long learned to look past surface appearances. The sylvae had a great deal of experience and his skill sets would prove well suited for what she required.

"Kinra?" she inquired as she approached him with smooth and purposeful steps. "A moment of your time?"

The sylvae prince was perched cross-legged a few metres off the ground in the temple's garden, hovering seemingly effortlessly. A pair of small brown birds were perched upon his finger, and as Rhea approached, he seemed to be speaking with them. A long and ornate-looking spear hovered alongside him.

"I see, I see. Well, be sure to let me know if you see anything more unusual - and keep an eye out for these shadows." As he heard Rhea coming, he glanced towards her, smiling sunnily. "Ah, it seems I'm needed. Go on, then. Until next time!"

He held up his hand, and the two birds took wing, soaring away into the distance. He then turned in the air to face Rhea, straightening enough to offer her a polite bow. "Of course, Elder Rhea. How can I help?"

"We haven't yet heard from Leonus and the Mira, and what reports we have received are that the rainforests of Arteghia have all but retaken the continent," Rhea said. "Entire towns and cities are now overgrown, and millions of people have been displaced or missing. I would like for you to lead a small team into the Veshrac to try and make contact with Leonus and the others out there. Akosua doesn't believe them gone, but the planar instability has introduced too many unpredictable variables for her visions to gain clarity."

"A rainforest, is it?" Kinra's eyes lit up excitedly at the prospect. "I've not seen such a place before, though I have heard tell of them. I would be happy to travel there, and if our allies still remain, I will find them. Did you have a team in mind already, or am I to select them?"

"You know the wilderness as well as any here," she answered. "I trust in your judgement to know who would be best suited to accompany you. I would recommend you reach out to Ruan though. He, like you, is recently returned from Aelora and experienced at traversing hostile wilderness."

The elven man she spoke of had been among the groups of Aelorans that had aided the Elysian Vanguard in felling the Sealed One. Having survived many forays into the Forest of the Fall as a scout for Tai'emroth, he was already quite the veteran even before he joined their ranks after the war. All that kept him from claiming the rank of Master, or even Grandmaster, was his preference for solitude.

"Ah, it will be a pleasure to work with him again," Kinra remarked with a smile. He'd only had a few opportunities to serve alongside Ruan during their time in Aelora, but with his being one of the original heroes of Tai'emroth, it was an honour to stand at his side every time. "I take it I am to depart as soon as able, then? I will begin gathering a group together immediately, if so."

"We're working swiftly to ensure the stability of our portal room," Rhea replied. "As soon as Naia gives the go-ahead, we'll begin preparations for departure - hopefully no later than tomorrow morning. Unfortunately reports from Scarlet and the Academies have alerted us to previously unknown dangers with the portals that need to be addressed. Until we know more, such means of travel should be minimized to matters of necessity and urgency, so we'll be arranging alternative forms of travel for your return."

Back