Nefelibata

Glitchy Dragon

NightCrawler
Time seemingly slowed down just as things had begun to go to hell. Everything seemed fine and completely intact before a single breath was taken. The red sand blasted upwards over the dashboard completely obscuring the view and the lights immediately turnt out. An abrupt massive heaving motion propels everything loose within the Drive Room forwards towards the two passengers up front. During the catastrophic movement the only sound to be heard was the indescribably loud scraping and tearing of metals among the red shore of the blue water.

Upon awakening, everything was dim with the exception of a few rays of sun that sliced through the ceiling of Mothership. Shattered pieces of glass and metal litter the ship floor and all is quiet. Only the distant sound of splashing waves broke the silence.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Bean rolled his head over on the cool aluminum floor as consciousness slowly returned. He tried to figure out where he was... what happened. He was in the reactor bay, and the master alarm was going off... the emergency red lights were on, dimly lighting the deepest part of the ship. Hot steam, compressed coolant maybe, sprayed out from some tube on the other side of the room. He groaned, leaning up as his sore body creaked in protest.

"Mm, fuck." He grunted, getting up to his feet and holding onto the wall for support. The floor was totally sideways, gravity failed and they seemed to be on some planet now. He sniffed, but all he could smell was burning plastic and leaking reactor coolants. He struggled towards the ladder, climbing up to the upper level where the bridge was, he had to find his buds.

QUEEEEEEK QUEEEEEEK QUEEEEEEK

A dream about Pawn's father chasing him through the fields with a skinning knife took an even more nightmarish turn when the guy started emitting a rhythmic high-pitched screech. Swimming dizzily into full wakefulness, Pawn realized the sound was coming from the emergency functions of the ship. "Bloody damn" He muttered as he pulled himself to his feet, groaning.

Looking around, Pawns room look as if it had been tossed by several angry mating stone giants. "fuck, what happened?" Pawn said aloud before deciding they must've crashed. He takes moment to find his clothes and sword belt, Thankfully the blade isn't fucked, he thinks to himself quickly strapping it on and climbing out the door to look for his companions.

Kanu awoke slowly from unconsciousness under the darkness of the room. W-What....what the f*ck... Attempting to move, he feels a sharp stinging pain greet him all over and the dragon freezes up. It all returning to him now, ah yes. He had just finished filing the recent physical exams of each crew member and had moved onto testing the bioluminescence samples they'd recovered from their recent destination. From there on, there was an heavy sway and the last thing he remembered was the sound of smahing glass.

The dragon lay there on the bloodied and glass covered floor with what was once an metallic and glass cabinet on the wall now resting on top of his crushed left arm. Kanu tried opening his mouth to call for help, but the pain was too great. Glass had lodged itself in not only his upper-body, but his face as well. Squirm too much and i'll loose too much blood and die...laying here waiting for help would be bad too, maybe if I... He shifts slightly trying to move his trapped arm but instead a small cry of pain escapes him. Nope, can't feel a thing... His right arm was cut quite badly as well, but nowhere near the amount of damage his left arm sustained. Legs seemed fine for the most part other than a bit of soreness to it. Kicking something could draw the attention he needed, but at the expense of valuable energy he'd need to not black out.

Dammit, what am I even thinking?! Are the others ok? They'll all need my attention once this is sorted out...
The thought of him being the only survivor briefly comes to mind but, he shakes the idea off just as it had came. They're stronger than that, there's no way they'die just like that!

Bean managed to pull open the failed hydraulic door, noticing that nobody was in the small-ish cockpit. The autopilot was supposed to keep everything going... it always did! What happened..? He turned back, climbing up the slope of the upper deck to the ship towards the crew quarters and their lab - medbay. "Guys?!" He called, working up the sloped aluminium.

"Bean..." Kanu murmured. "B-Bean!" he called again trying to beat the loud alarm that echoed through the halls. So they did survive after all! Or, at least Bean did... The dragon proceeds to move his legs over a little creaking the small tinkling sound of glass as they slid against the floor.
(Kanu be stuck)

"Kanu! Bean! You guys alright!?" Pawn yells as climbs out of the crew quarters into the hall. "Bean! What happened?! Where is Kanu!?" he asks frantically making his way through the crooked ship. If kanu isn't with bean....no! I can't think like that. That dragon is a though old bastard.
(Sorry for any mistakes. I'm still trying to learn forum rp :p)

"Pawn!" He rushes forwards, giving him a strong bearhug as he saw he was safe. "I don't know, I was just in the engine bays and then... I don't remember. The cockpit is empty, he must be in his room or the lab." He hold him tight again, then starts up the hall again. "Come on, we need to find him and get off the ship, I think something is burning."

Being pushed a half-step back by beans bearhug, Pawn chuckles slightly before remembering the situation they are in. "I'd Say the lab is our best bet." He says nodding as he takes off after bean, headed for the lab.

They stumbled up the incline together, and soon got to the door of the lab. Sealed, but unpowered and easy to open. With some help, he pried open the door and poked his head inside the room. It was a total mess, almost nothing was secured and a pile of broken glass had accumulated at the low end of the room. "Shit, Kanu!"

"H-Hi..." he mumbles weakly with an small smile. Kanu closes his eyes momentarily breathing a sigh of relief as they'd both survived the wreckage. Seeing that they weren't nearly as banged up and sliced open as he was, he begins thinking of his own well-being and if he'd even be able to recover from his situation. "M-My arm is trapped, please, help me..."

"Jesus... Yea..." Luckily, Kanu hadn't fell right at the bow side of the room, where the piles of glass were. Still, he looked pretty bad. Bean stepped along the cool floor, his polymer foot wraps would keep him (mostly) safe from any of the glass that hadn't slid down yet. "We're gonna be ok, Kanu? Alright. You're gonna be fine."

Pawn rushed over to grabbing the fallen piece of equipment that trapped kanu's arm. "Shit!...You're gunna be ok Kanu...Just hold on" He said adjusting his stance and readying himself for the strain of lifting. "Bean you ready to pull him out? On three, ready? One...Two...Three!" Grunted pawn as he pulled up freeing kanu's arm briefly.
(Again sorry if its shitty, haha, still working on how to write well)

Kanu inhaled sharply at the rolling waves of pain as it surged within his entirety. "Sh-shit, SHIT!! I-It's broken!" he nearly screeched with Bean's help.

The dragon's arm popped slightly upwards giving the sick idea that he had two elbows on the back of his arm, but other than the horrible fracture, the rest of his arm seemed to be fine and no bleeding miraculously.

"Are...are you guys ok? Do either of you have injuries?"

"Yea, I'm fine. Think I hit my head is all... Of course the doctor gets hurt I swear..." He grumbled to himself, placing the cabinet back down next to him gently, and working his way across the room again to the door. He undid the buckles holding a cherry red, rugged looking first aid kit strapped to the wall. His breath was still heavy, and he stumbled slightly on the crooked floor. "You think we need to splint it or something? Disinfect? Do we have machines for this or something?!"

"We do, but i'm not even sure if it's working at the moment, peh..." He grunts in pain removing a few of the shards from his face. "Even if we did, I don't think my condition is too bad as long as I get these cuts bandaged and my arm tweaked. If there's any energy left over, it could be our last source for an rescue attempt we have."

"The beacon is designed to run off it's own power for a week, we'll be fine if we use the battery banks for you." Bean reassured. He crouched down next to the two and popped open the case, sorting through the tightly packed medical kit inside. "I don't really know how to use any of this... Pawn?"

"I'll be damned if i know proper usage," Mutters pawn as he crouches down, looking at the medical supplies. "But here. This will have to do." He says grabbing some bandages and winding them tightly around kanu's bleeding areas. "Your arm outta socket Big Guy?" He asks gently holding Kanu's hurt arm.

Kanu nods. "A bit, yeah. That and theres an really bad fracture in my forearm... It could really use the attention, but popping my arm back in the socket would be ideal. With caution, it'll be a synch...for you guys, at least."

Pawn positions himself, Holding Kanu's Bicep. "You ready Big guy? On three. One, Two-" Pawn dosn't finish before throwing his weight back, Pulling the arm back into socket.

Back