Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Neryas

as written by ConnorTavarin

A few of the soldiers were excitedly chattering amongst each other, mentioning things like stepping right into a fantasy novel. Upon seeing the elf show herself, Felix ordered his men to keep working as he told Ragnarr "We're called humans. This...power you see...it's technology. Science. Machinery. This may be difficult for your to believe, but there are many places amongst the starts, and only a fraction of them sustain our life. Some places don't have the air we breathe and some can't support plant life. Now please...tell your clan we mean no ill will. We simply wish to remain here for a few days before finding a place suitable for a permanent settlement, away from your people. However, if trade is what you desire, we may be able to figure something out. Now if you'll excuse me." he said, turning to Inwe "You must be an elf...is there something you need from us?" these constant visitors were stressful, but Felix wanted to prove himself as a kind knight who is willing to handle these sorts of situations. His stoic, unsmiling demeanor kind of made that difficult however.

Connor couldn't help but chuckle slightly at the human's somewhat flustered speech before he stood up. He would return later to see how things were going, but he was confident that things were going well for now. He began to sprint back to his village, hoping Neryn was able to keep the chief from doing anything brash in this situation.

as written by LuLu6214

Inwë smiled "Yes I am an elf, I apologize for my intrusion, I just saw you and couldn't help myself. I wanted to see your kind up close, force of habit, I tend to study everything." She looked around at all the people and could see that Felix was somewhat flustered, which she wanted to reduce anyway she could "However I am more concerned as to whether or not I can help you. Do you have enough supplies and such to sustain yourselves?"

She wasn't exactly sure what they ate and although she had a little food on her she mostly carried seeds with her, they are lighter to carry and with a little magic provided enough food for her to spend days studying whatever caught her eye while she was outside the walls of her city. "Oh! Where are my manners, I am Inwë Elanessë of Ifanriel." She gave a respectful bow, a customary greeting to all honored guests according to her peoples customs.

"I would like to help you if I can. I know that spending time out here can sometimes be difficult especially if one lacks the essentials to survive. I spend quite a bit of time outside the city so don't hesitate to call on me if you need assistance." She smiled intently, hoping that the group would be put at ease by her friendly nature.

as written by Script

"So you say these ... creatures just fell out of the sky, from that thing?"

Chief Golath stroked his long, braided beard as he gazed up at the construct in the sky. Some of the tribe had seen the shapes falling from it not long ago, and so when Neryn had rushed into the village with news of them, he'd been prepared to hear worse. People had whispered of demons and doom, but by the sounds of it, all that the falling objects had brought with them was strangers.

Neryn nodded his head, "When I left, they were speaking with a Naturan from another tribe. They did not feel hostile, only guarded, when I touched their spirits."

"And you're certain they aren't some form of ... sky elf?" Golath queried. Elves were usually the cause of any problems that weren't easily explained. Other naturan tribes he knew where he stood with - his tribe were stronger, and so any trouble could be solved with strength of arms (or threats of it). Elves? They were full of tricks and lies, and their magic was strange and complex.

"I suppose it's possible, but they don't share the appearance of elves. Their ears are rounded, and their bone structure seemed broader. Their spirits didn't seem connected to Neryas in the same way ours and the elves' are, either."

Golath folded his arms and scowled, grunting. "I'll tell the warriors to sharpen their swords. They might be peaceful for now, but that's an age old tactic. Scout the enemy with a peaceful visitation, get an idea of their strength and then attack if you think you can take them." The chief shook his head, "I want you to go back, do some scouting for us in turn. Get me an idea of what alien magic they have, if any, and what sort of weaponry they use."

Neryn frowned. The idea of treating the strangers as hostile from the word go didn't sit well with him, but there could be no harm in possessing the knowledge, he supposed. "I'll try." he said, "I need to make sure Connor's alright, as well."

The chief responded to that with a grunt of acknowledgement that could have signified anything from agreement to apathy. He was staring back up at the thing in the sky, thumb tracing the haft of his hand axe. His mind was picturing ways that such a thing - a great sky-citadel that could rain metal boxes with soldiers inside - could make any man with half a mind for warfare into an unstoppable conqueror. Walls, distance and siege engines would mean nothing. Marching time would not exist.

If these aliens came with war in mind, then he had a hard time picturing them losing.

Back