New User New, but also sort of returning?

Owlsleys

dagger dagger dagger
I think that I used to have an account here, but my email isn't liked to one. So I decided to make a new account and hope that it would be fine considering I can't find the old one, or even remember the username. If an admin wants to look into it then please do, but this will be the account I use. It's a name I can remember.

Hello.

I'm Owlsleys, or Owl. I'm from Sweden but consider myself fluent in English. At least fluent enough to be here. It has reached a new level of bilingualism in this household, because I think I speak more English than I do Swedish and while this could be considered a good thing it also seems to annoy 95% of the Swedish population.
I'm 29 years old, but we don't talk about that.
I am the definition a nerd. I write character backgrounds to my world of warcraft characters. I am disturbingly attached to my argonian nightblade in eso. I'm slightly obsessed with Doctor Who. Twelve is my favorite doctor, Rory is my favorite companion but Ten and Donna together make my life complete. I also love to read, but I don't think that's so surprising considering what kind of forum this is. I've been writing stories since I learned how to form letters into words and words into sentences.

I think that's all. Well, it has to be because I'm making lunch, but I'll be here to answer any comments!

I think that I used to have an account here, but my email isn't liked to one. So I decided to make a new account and hope that it would be fine considering I can't find the old one, or even remember the username. If an admin wants to look into it then please do, but this will be the account I use. It's a name I can remember.

Hello.

I'm Owlsleys, or Owl. I'm from Sweden but consider myself fluent in English. At least fluent enough to be here. It has reached a new level of bilingualism in this household, because I think I speak more English than I do Swedish and while this could be considered a good thing it also seems to annoy 95% of the Swedish population.
I'm 29 years old, but we don't talk about that.
I am the definition a nerd. I write character backgrounds to my world of warcraft characters. I am disturbingly attached to my argonian nightblade in eso. I'm slightly obsessed with Doctor Who. Twelve is my favorite doctor, Rory is my favorite companion but Ten and Donna together make my life complete. I also love to read, but I don't think that's so surprising considering what kind of forum this is. I've been writing stories since I learned how to form letters into words and words into sentences.

I think that's all. Well, it has to be because I'm making lunch, but I'll be here to answer any comments!

Welcome to the Circle.

This forum seems to attract many of the nerdish kind, outcasts from all over the world, so I'm sure you'll find your home here. I don't think we've had anybody from Sweden before...
Your English is good! I'm impressed.
Oh, and by the way, don't eat the brownies.

Welcome to the Circle.

This forum seems to attract many of the nerdish kind, outcasts from all over the world, so I'm sure you'll find your home here. I don't think we've had anybody from Sweden before...
Your English is good! I'm impressed.
Oh, and by the way, don't eat the brownies.
Thanks! I usually mention that I'm not a native English speaker. I've had no complaints but I think it's better to be safe than sorry just in case I mess up the grammar. Our grammar is different and the sentences are sometimes written backwards (or English is written backwards, I guess that depends on the point of view). That's the best way I can describe it and I've noticed that it shows in my writing from time to time. Though most people here know at least some level of English, it's a mandatory subject in school.

Don't worry, I can't eat brownies so I'll probably stay far away from them!

Welcome to STC. Do you have a favorite genre to write? What do you think was your favorite type of story to write as a kid and now as an adult?

Welcome to STC. Do you have a favorite genre to write? What do you think was your favorite type of story to write as a kid and now as an adult?
Thank you!

Oof, hitting me with all the difficult questions. Dark horror maybe? I used to write a lot of horror growing up because that's what my brother often wrote and I read a few short stories that influenced me to write my own. I'm fascinated by the weird and unexplained.
But I like to write different kinds of stories nowadays. I think it's important, at least for me, to switch things up once in a while. But I often reach for the darker side of things, I have to admit.

Back