Ame Damnee New Eden Orphanage

Kian

Humanity's Stargazer
Tucked on the other side of a large sparsely forested lawn from the hospital, The Warden's Haven, lays a large mansion. A long twisting path connects the two. A plaque next to the door of this house reads “New Eden Orphanage, Home of the Children.” The place is lit by blue flames that float about lazily coming from an unknown source. The caretakers of this place are not well known except for by the children. Ms. Coraline Dandy is among the only adults seen taking care of the little ones.
(Credit to RyunaSiege)

(Note: Ms. Coraline Dandy is a NCP played by RyunaSiege.)

Leaving the hospital Calm followed a long twisting path, until she came across a large mantion. While walking up to the mantion, she sees a plaque which reads "New Eden Orphanage, Home of the Children." This seemed to be the place she was looking for. 'The place looks nice and deserted at least from the outside, though the name could use some work' Calm thought as she does a quick sweep of the mansion's outside, making sure to stick to the mansion's blind spots in order to stay hidden. While scouting the mention she came across a strange sight, one that the normal eye would easily glance over. A sturdy tree with a cluster of bushes surrounding it. Normally bushes wouldn't grow under trees as the competition for nutrients would kill off one or the other. The only way for this to be here is if someone had intentionally planted these bushes to hide something. Her suspicions were proven true when she pulled aside the bushes to find a entrance leading underground. This wasn't a sewer manhole or anything, as it was too out of the way and hidden. She carefully opens up the entrance and enters underground, making sure to close the entrance behind her.

Devon Ironsides - Orphanage Exterior

Dragging the paperweight that was once Cryker out of the secret passage of the orphanage, Devon threw the lad unceremoniously out into the gutter. Leaning down and taking in the face of the old man that had once been one of his prized fighters, and proceeded to bash his face in with his beloved Gin & Tonic. "You think yer hot shit Cryker? Well look at ye now! Nothin' but a sad sack a flesh that couldn't keep his feckin' mouth shut. Ya look pathetic! And now yer nothing more than a mess ta scare the poor orphans!"

Looking back on the mess he had made of Cryker's face, Devon let out one more manic cackle and returned down the passageway from whence he came.

Taran Caelis Titan, played by Meliodas

New Eden Orphanage

Exterior
One thing that most people tended to overlook was the fact that Taran tended to always be watching, lurking in the shadows. There was always a proper time for anything, and Taran had a way of knowing exactly when that was. This time was no different – especially since he had orders. Preferably, he would have strayed from the situation, but unfortunately, he didn’t have the choice not to intervene. Someone seemed to favor this half-breed because big plans were in store for him.

Appearing practically out of thin air, Taran stood over the man in the gutter, towering over his nearly lifeless body as he looked down with disinterest. Nudging the figure with his boot, he grunted, able to sense a faint heartbeat. Leaning down, he whispered softly in the hopes the man could hear him. “My master was praying you were smarter than you appeared. Now, it seems the only one that should be praying is you. But don’t worry, perhaps your prayers are being answered… depending on who you pray to.”

“Minerva is an immature sycophant. A figurehead who has more than outlived her usefulness. The underground operates from the shadows without a real leader to guide them, and at the same time, the Warden’s just lost one of their Grandmasters, which leaves them under the charge of a fool who will probably drag New Eden into a senseless war. I think it is time for new management all the way around, wouldn't you say?. There is a race in the city called the Void Born. A necromancer’s creation; damned souls bound in armor. I believe Minerva already has one in her custody as we speak. They may be the key to taking out the trash which has long infested this city. If you are serious about your convictions, I advise you seek out these Void Born.”

Taran’s words were left for only the man’s ears, and as he stood, he assured that no one had overheard him before walking away – truly caring less if the man lived or died.

@SedentaryCobra

Cryker Reywynn - New Eden Orphanage

Cryker wasn't fully aware that he was alive all at once. No, it was a gradual process. A long period of troubled, but painless and soothign breathing in a long, dark half sleep. Voices and thoughts swirled in the dark limbo between consciousness and unconsciousness.

"...nothing but a sack of meat..." Growled, punctuated by faint stacatto dripping, irregular and sickening.

"Ma, I'm hungry!" Whined, high and mewling.

"Are they gone now?" Cautiously, scared and nervous.

Cryker wanted to respond, but it was too much effort, he was too tired. He wanted to move and talk to them, but he was so tired. He was comfortable where he was. Everything was too heavy, and too fast, anyway. One thought and vision melded into another, a whirlwind of experience and emotion, and Cryker weathered it all, time moving slow, but everything moving too fast,

He could feel something, though. A comforting, enveloping warmth cradled him like a warm embrace. Cryker smiled internally. Everything was good, everything was nice. He would rest longer, still. It was a while before he heard anything else, but inevitably, he did.

"...Minerva is an immature sycophant. A figurehead who has more than outlived her usefulness..." He was whispered.

"You're damn right!" Cryker thought to himself. He laughed out loud.

And that was when Cryker realized he was alive. Much to his displeasure

The laugh came more as a weak chortle, a half gurgling of broken and loose teeth and semi coagulated blood. He tried to breath, only to find himself chocking and coughing, spraying a mist of blood over the mossy cobble and gravel he lay on. He managed to roll his head to the side, and spit out what he could, and inhaled deep wracking breaths.

That too, was painful. Vaguely, he was aware that there was at least a few broken rib, and a most likely a massive bruise. For now though, he groaned, and focused on taking long and shallow breaths. He tried to account for where the pain was, and get some kind of idea of the state he was in. He was sure his face was in pain. His entire skull was wracked with sharp pain that throbbed with nauseating pulses. His chest, originating from his right side, was filled with deep, harsh, and dull pain. He ached all over elsewhere, but most likely wasn't injured.

He opened his eyes to find his vision red and blurred. Bleeding from his brow. He blinked away what blood he could, only to find his vision, while less red, was still blurry. He couldn't seem to focus, and whether his eyes were damaged, or if it was simply a side effect of the pain, he wasn't sure.

Clinging to the walls of the orphanage, he stood up, and pressed through the massive dizzying headache he was greeted with. When he regained his senses, he looked around. Dusk. Tones of blue and purple and gold bathed over New Eden in long rays. Cryker stumbled away from the entrance to the underground, bracing himself on the wall as he moved. He dropped a hand to his sword, and felt it resonate deeply.

"The only companion I could wish for on this Lonesome Road." Cryker mumbled. The sword seemed to hum happily. The sword, Lonesome Road, had never felt so strangely alive before. Cryker was glad, and reassured, that he had one ally he could count on, at least. He licked his teeth, and felt the barest edges of new ones poking out from under his gums. "Thanks." He mumbled to the sword. It hummed happily once more.

Cryker began thinking ahead again, while pulling himself along the buildings nearby. He needed to find a place to rest, or better yet, to be healed while he regathered his strength. Somewhere, preferably, where the Underground would have no ears, and wouldn't dare approach if they did find him. Which they probably would, he thought sardonically, given the thin trail of blood he left behind. It was decided.

The warden headquarters, Cryker thought. I can rest in peace. Better yet, I can find allies. Allies so when I return, I won't be alone. It won't happen again. He would head back, and either retake the Underground, or destroy it.

Provided, of course, he got to the Warden headquarters and wasn't caught by the Underground. It was slow going, and he doubted whether he would survive a second encounter with Minerva's crew. Hell, the guards would probably attack him if they saw him. He probably looked like a zombie. He gave a halfhearted chuckle at the idea.

Ms. Dandy - Orphanage

Once having arrived back home with the brood she unlocked the front door and ushered them in. She advised them to take a nap and that she would be around later to see to their well being. Closing the front door again she slipped the key into her pocket and did what she always did when she came back. She saw to it that her grounds were safe. The underground often found the woman to be a force to be reckoned with when it came to the safety of her children. They also found due to her partialness to them using her basement as an entrance to their hidden world that she demanded the grounds outside of the entrance to be a neutral zone.

No fighting was to happen and certainly not in front of her children. No one knew the direct connection Ms. Dandy held to the crime syndicate and likely no one ever would but the devil himself. As she rounded the far corner of the house she found herself greeted by what seemed to be a half dead man trying to drag his brutalized form away from the hidden entrance to the basement, “Not in the best of shape are we?” She hummed, “I won’t ask there for I can’t lie for you when someone asks about you but I will help you to the hospital across the way if need be.”

Cryker Reywynn - New Eden Orphanage

Cryker paused momentarily as Miss Dandy spoke. He didn't know who he could trust or rely on, and he'd rather not give away his identity so easily. Not that the Underground was incapable of finding him, but rather that every second counted.

"Great changes are hapenning. No one will be safe." He spoke poorly. "This place will be dangerous. More dangerous than it has been before. The dead were but the beginning." Cryker paused, and took another few steps. "Keep an eye on the children. Don't let them out of your sight, or they'll be swept up in the tide." Cryker continued his slow stagger to the hospital. "Thank you for the offer, though. You don't want to be seen with me. I think I can make it there myself. Goodbye. Stay safe."

Last edited:
Ms. Dandy (NPC) - Orphanage

Ms. Dandy frowned slightly as she watched the man continue his painful trek. He wasn’t wrong in his words she supposed as she glanced up at the house she had been trusted to protect at whatever cost. Sighing softly she moved back inside to check on the children. As she feared a few were truly terrified of what they had been greeted by today. It would take sometime to get them back to what would be somewhat normal for them.

Back