Ame Damnee New Eden [READ FIRST] [MAJOR EVENT: TBA]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kian

Humanity's Stargazer

newedenflag.png

(Courtesy of RyunaSiege)

This will be where IC posts regarding all of New Eden will be posted. Stay tuned folks. Please be sure to check out our Directory page for more details!

New Eden is subdivided into 3 districts according to each location's position relative to the center of the city. More districts will be created as needed.

[Avalon District] is directly in the center of the city, located in a region known as the Central Hub. Militia and Warden presence are at maximum here.
[Eden District] is in the interior of the city. Primary services and most average workplaces are located in this zone. Militia and Warden presence remain very high in these regions.
[Elysian District] is the area near the fringes of the city walls and the exterior areas, including farmsteads and ranches. Militia and Warden presence are low within the walled fringes but peaks near the walls due to patrols. Outside the city walls, there is very little to no protection from either force.
{ Currency Standard: }
100 Copper = 1 Silver.
50 Silver = 1 Gold.
25 Gold = 1 Platinum.

Last edited by a moderator:
The dire rescue expedition to recover Warden Grandmaster Ceolen Anwil's devastated company would find despairing success in the far reaches of New Eden's surrounding frontier. Mutilated, disfigured, ravaged, each corpse entered the city with rags enveloping the poor bodies, in a solemn line of wagon trains. Through the polished white gates of New Eden, the column of soldiers somberly proceeded towards the Cathedral with icy breaths leaving their mouths as the pungent scent of Oblitus emanated from their fallen comrades: Death. A single question lingered in the sheltered minds of the people as they trekked through the melancholy roads, haunted by chilling billows of wind and ghastly spreads of snow. Are we safe?

The past day's sorrows bled into the next as the city sobered from the horrifying unknown dangers held just beyond their safe haven's now inadequate walls. As the warm star lamely rose from the ground, the people continued their typical routine, fearfully. The frost crept through the well-travelled streets and empty trees, into the marketplace, into the homes, into the tavern, an ever-present reminder of the crisis plaguing the lands. The enormous bell in the central tower of the Cathedral zealously rang in unison with the clocks of the city. Seven consecutive gongs resounded through the city, indicating the 7th hour of the day. Two hours until the burial ceremony. Two hours before the Grandmaster and his men are lain to rest. Two hours until answers are given. Two hours until we can rid of our fears. Two hours until relief. Two hours...

[Major event start] - Outskirts of New Eden, Main gate

It was built of elm, rimmed with a light trim of gold, and brilliantly crafted by the master wood craftsmen of New Eden. The pallbearers steadily marched into the city, framed by the massive arches of the main gates. Within the casket, the body of Warden Grandmaster Ceolen Anwil lay hidden beneath of cover of the forest green pall with the Eden flag embroidered onto its center. Upon reaching the crossroads of the streets, the coffin was placed upon a prepared pedestal while the pallbearers were replaced with the senior Wardens, having once served under the deceased Grandmaster. Joined by a simple procession of instruments, bore by the most skilled musicians present in the city, the group began with a simple, melancholic tune of loss and mourning, yet beautiful in its flourishes, setting a bright hopeful tone in the near future. They proceeded, marching towards the center of the city as the music powerfully resonated through the relatively silent city.

Raakshdos, as played by Meliodas

Uriel’s disappearance had been noted, along with the Royal Family of New Eden. Your average citizen would have thought it strange that they were not in attendance, but Uriel especially wasn’t the sort to simply step away from such solemn affairs. Standing off to the side, Raakshdos caught Rythe’s gaze, his own eyes narrowed as if asking where the Ethereal had run off too. It was a matter they would need to investigate once they had wrapped up the funeral service.

As he took the podium overlooking the masses as well as the fallen Grandmasters casket, he began to speak, choosing each word as carefully as the next. “We come here today to honor not only a warrior, or a leader… but a friend. Grandmaster Anwil gave his heart and soul to this city, and it is my hope that we can continue his legacy, one which fought for peace and the rights of every citizen who comes to our fair city looking for freedom and security. While we may never know the will of Aditi, please, let us take a moment of silence to count our blessings and pray for not only New Eden but this opportunity to come together and grow stronger.” He stood in silence for several moments, head bowed.

Finally looking up, he smiled, a sense of warmth radiating from him. “I know I’m not the man you wanted, nor the man you asked for… but I can be the man you need. Dark times and uncertainty are ahead of us, yet I will do just as I have always done. It isn’t just your safety and prosperity that are of concern to me. No. It is my hope to shed blood for you. My blood. Every day so that none of you will ever have to. My body is your shield, and my hands your sword. We don’t always get what we want, but I assure you I will give you what you need! A better future, one at peace with the world. The gods may not always be so kind, but I promise you, I will be.”

No sooner than he spoke the words did the room grow cold. A chill was in the air, and a frightful wind followed, enough to slide even Raakshdos back. The trees rustled, and an almost eerie silence fell across the city. It seemed as if a fog had rolled in from nowhere, while at the same time the sun grew dark as the moon quickly passed over it, shielding the ground below from its heavenly light. Instantly, New Eden had gone dark, and a shadow swept the land. This wasn’t meant to be and was as clear an omen if any ever saw one. It was only then that Grandmaster Anwil's casket shook, tumbling to the ground with his body rolling out onto the floor…

Shrieks of terror filled the cathedral, and stumbling over the steps that lead into the crypt below, mangled bodies drug themselves up the narrow hall, ascending into the crowds above. Each body was in various stages of decay; some still had patches of skin stuck to their old bones, others had missing or mangled limbs, and a few appeared as normal as anyone else – if you could get past the fact that they had just been pronounced dead hours earlier. They were mindless beasts not to be reasoned with. With jaws wide, and arms extended, these lost souls had risen from beyond the grave, their sights set on the living.

The crypts below were full of the corpses of former Grandmasters, and that didn’t even include the cemetery nearby where everyone else was normally buried nor the caskets they had just finished carrying into the cathedral. With the lids flying open, the undead climbed out of their coffins, and to make matters worse, Grandmaster Anwil’s fingers slowly twitched. Eyes snapping open, Ceolen Anwil hovered into the air, finding his feet as he quickly turned to face Raakshdos. Unsheathing the ornamental sword that hung at his side, he pointed it at Grandmaster Raakshdos and did something rather unexpected. “Miss me?” It spoke!

“From one Grandmaster to another…” Grandmaster Anwil said before lunging forward. At the same time, the entire cathedral seemed to be surrounded, swarmed by the endless hordes that had amassed. Was there no savior in sight?

Last edited by a moderator:

“Léigear!” No sooner than the words had been spoken was Ryuna consumed in blue flames before being replaced by Raakshdos’s sword - which seemed to appear out of nowhere, hovering beside him just long enough for him to snatch it out of the air. Wielding the blade with both hands, he shoved it in front of him, blocking Grandmaster Anwil’s strike which had cataclysmic results. A shockwave was sent through the room, yet again forcing Raakshdos back against the wall which cracked underneath him. Grandmaster Anwil didn’t seem fazed as he took a few steps back, eyes rolling into the back of his skull as he muttered something under his breath in a language that would have been foreign to anyone who heard it. The entire room seemed to go silent as the undead stopped in their tracks, their heads snapping to the side as they all begun to rush Raakshdos at once.

The sword in his hands appeared to glow brightly before being engulfed in flames, and without hesitating, Raakshdos slammed the sword into the granite below, sending a wave of fire in every direction. Oddly enough, the flames were harmless to anyone they came into contact with, outside of the undead who were burnt to a crisp – their bodies disintegrating almost instantly into ash. Grandmaster Anwil, on the other hand, escaped unscathed, headed for the marketplace…

“If you still have an ounce of fight left in you, rally to me! They will not take this city, not as long as there is still a breath in my body!” Raakshdos proclaimed to everyone who still had the strength to hear him. With the cathedral in disarray, the undead had been cleared from the room, so Raakshdos wasted no time in tracking down the former Grandmaster.

Grandmaster Anwil, still very much the living dead, had wandered into the area, walking along the same streets he had come to know in the life he knew before. Unfortunately, he wasn’t interested in saying his goodbyes. “Wardens… Come out to play!” The creature spoke, his voice earing resonating throughout the area to ensure everyone nearby heard him. He wanted an audience, he wanted everyone to come at him at once… but for now, he would have to settle for Grandmaster Raakshdos who was hot on his heels. In front of Ceolen Anwil, a pool of darkness seemed to form, and slowly from it came a silhouette which materialized itself and took form. Raakshdos had emerged, sword still in his hand as he attempted to block the path forward.

Even with Grandmaster Anwil having escaped his hold, Raakshdos continued his stride forward, eyes seemingly as lifeless as the undead with darkness billowing behind him. The shadows seemed to be almost drawn to him, dripping off his skin and oozing out of his armor. Just as Ceolen Anwil reappeared in front of him only to taunt ‘The Blue-Eyed Devil,’ the same tendrils that had been used to grab him just earlier reached back out, hooking into all four of his limbs at once before pulling them apart – separating his appendages from his torso. Blood gushed from the creature as the tendrils pulled back, leaving the man’s arms and legs scattered along the ground as they retreated back to the shadows.

With nothing left but Grandmaster Anwil’s trunk on the ground, Raakshdos came to stand over it, grinning maliciously as he took up his sword. He didn’t appear to hesitate as he impaled Ceolen, his blade going through the beast's shoulder to pierce his dead heart before burning him from the inside out – sword consumed with flames. Grandmaster Anwil seemed to only smile as his body turned to ash, muttering something just as his face disintegrated. “See you in he-.”

In the wake of the undead Grandmaster Anwil’s defeat, the undead around the city fell to the ground, their souls at rest as their bodies quickly fell apart, returning to the dust with nothing left to remember them by but a memory.

With the undead purged from the city streets, the moon passed over the sun before the first rays of sunshine began to beat over the city to reveal the carnage that remained. The fog began to dissipate, revealing the blood and loss suffered at the hands of the creatures who had ravaged them.

The town crier rushed through the streets, paying little mind to the crowds or much of anything else as they skirted around corners, screaming at the top of their lungs. “Aditi’s Plume stolen! Need recruits to come to The Warden’s Keep for a journey into Oblitus!” They repeated the same every few blocks while making their rounds. It would be presumed that any such recruits, if fortunate enough to return to New Eden with their lives, would be handsomely rewarded.

Rythe - Entering the Warden's Keep

Arriving at the complex of buildings, Rythe stretched for a moment before taking note of the three already in the Keep. Lightly scratching his hood, he thought to himself, These people must either be completely idiotic, looking for some kind of thrill or full of valor... whichever it is, at least there would actually be someone coming along. Humming to himself, he walked past them and into the storehouse, he reappeared from the doorway, placing a table and relatively small chair in the center of the plaza, fairly close to the three, before taking a seat. Grunting at the size of the chair, he slouched in it, looking somewhat miserable already. Lastly, he drew the standard sign-up sheet for expeditions, quill, and ink vial from his robes, placing them in front of him, upon the table. Sure there were more modern versions of the classic ink & quill, but why fix something that wasn't or ever could be broken?

"Sign-up for the expedition to recover the Plume is open now!" While his hood obscured his face, the three in the plaza could certainly feel a pair of eyes staring out at them. Friendly, aggressive, or simply neutral, no emotion besides the annoyance of the seat could emanate through the hood, from the Ethereal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back