Bartholomew

Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places.
Hello, I hope everyone is well. I'm new here and I only wish to dip my toes in before I fully submerge myself into this site. I'm looking for a 1x1 to see what this site has to have offer.I ac his name is Bartholomew, but he is known as The Demon in the Shadows. He's a man with a curse who walks the world as only a shadow with only brief moments of achieving a solid form. I have prepared a short introduction for the character and his current setting.

Neosh (knee-osh) was a city forgotten by God and forsaken by man. Known as the glooming neon city, only the sick and depraved took refuge. The strong would survive and the weak would be returned to dust from whence they came. Buildings were taken either by time or destruction and the streets punctured by craters and cracks that ran for miles. In the alleys were the unfortunate taken by the crime plaguing the concrete jungle like a cancer. Diseased by the beings within its walls, it would soon implode and fall to only crumbles. Unlawful and sick, everyone knew to avoid it like the red-headed step child.

It was once a profitable city when its walls first surfaced in 2053, but just a merely ten years of standing tall, a man of a monstrous build took his first steps in and never left. A bald man with large hands and golem build who favored his suits and ties, saying they gave him a "distinguished" look, known only as Bear claw, he aimed to rule the city with an iron fist. With promises to further the profits and attract more traffic, he found himself as the new mayor. Oh he stuck to his promise, only he had attracted the wrong crowd. Bandits, thieves and even murders soon marauded everything and everyone, eventually leaving behind a desolate wasteland that stunk of death and vile filth found only in the gullets of the sickest men around.

Trash and debris walked the streets like tumbleweeds and skeletons decorated every corner like mannequins. To be found in this city after Bear Claw took over would be considered a death wish. The authority had long since abandoned when the riots began, leaving the common populace to fend for themselves. It wasn't too long after when reports of a man with the eyes of a demon and a sword to match clawed their way to the lips of the overall population. They said his body was engulfed in a black flame and could walk through walls. Rumors varied from a vigilant knight who preyed me n the wicked to a bodyguard Bear Claw had hired, but what they all agreed on: he was known as The Demon in the Shadows. Most thought it was a folktale people would speak of this scare others while others truly believed a man who could walk through walls and wielded a blade as red as the devil's skin really existed.

Origins of the demon were wild- either he was an actual demon summoned via rituals and sacrifices or a man with supernatural powers. He would only be spotted at night and they say once you lock eyes with the demon, you were as good as dead. He was feared, beloved and even worshipped by many. Some cursed his name under the hot beating sun and some preyed he'd come to save them. No other known alias; abilities unknown; he was an urban legend. Even a cute little rhyme to go with his origin: Beware the eyes of the devil born from the depths of hell. His sinister snare and petrifying glare sing a hymn of grim that will catch you and tear you limb from limb.

I do hope this catches your eye and we can discuss something.

Last edited:
Back