[New Role Play looking for players, Medieval Fantasy party] A call to arms

Greions

Stalwart watcher

This is a call to all those that are willing. Be you skilled in combat, spellcasting, triage or any other skill on the battlefield, you are called upon by the house of Tharus for a hunt. Our enemy, beast or man we do not know, but our estate has been under threat for some time with many fatalities, both of our soldiers and innocent. No trace of bodies has been found, neither knowledge of what would do such a thing or why, but one thing is for sure, this threat needs removing.

Be you brave or stupid, hungry for gold or ready to fight on behalf of the innocent, house Tharus has need of you. So this is a message to all, sell swords, mercenaries, men and women of honour, in return for the knowledge and slaying of what threatens our land, our people, we offer a grand feast, five hundred gold coins between you all, an honorary status within our lands and our appreciation above all else.

In terms of specifics, we look for up to four willing bodies to aid us in this time of need. Diversity is advised in your skills, as this will be a great and dangerous task. We as a house will provide tents for you to stay in, food and water for you to carry for up to three days, hunting equipment, sleeping bags and the help of our son, Hadden Tharus, who will lead you with what knowledge we know.

For those of you that are willing to risk for the reward life and limb, we offer you a place. Please send a crow, courier or anything of the sort to our estate with word of your wish to join, and if chosen you will rally, ready to take care of this threat.

May the Gods bless you all.

The wax seal of a bear representing house Tharus is marked at the bottom.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all! I’m looking for up to four people who may wish to join me on a medieval fantasy, adventure player versus environment role play! I’ll be acting as Hadden Tharus, the supposed leader of the party we shall be a part of, and as the game master for events that may occur in terms of the environment against us.

This’ll be my first multi-role play ever, and is intended to simply be some fun, five characters coming together from different chosen backgrounds in your own light to serve for their own reasons as a party, against an enemy that little is known about.

Due to the desired violence and bloodshed that’ll likely be seen within, it is suggested that this Role Play will be mature, so those who are willing feel free to send me a message, and providing there’s not already too many people, I’m sure I’ll be happy to have you!

Whilst this isn’t intended to be a long role play of any sort due to my lack of experience in multi-player role playing and as a game master, it could be seen in some lights as an experiment to test our creativity and the likes to try and create a fun scenario with large amounts of freedom but equally a plot and story to it, with the actions and events being approached in whatever way the party chooses to do so.

From that respect, I do apologies for any mistakes or similar I may make during it, but I do hope those who wish to join me enjoy it thoroughly!

Thank you for reading, and please do message me if you are interested!

I'll join up :)

Name: Wren Duskfire

Race: Human-elf halfbreed

Appearance: Tall (about 6'3") and lean, pale skinned, angular features, dark hair that comes to his ears, gold eyes that go silver at the edges when he uses a lot of magic, pointed ears

Skills: Music, hunting, surviving, he has a touch of magic from his elf side, a bit of healing ability, herblore, and experience in battle

Equipment: Lute, pipes, magnificent singing voice, various herbs, poisons, and potions, bandages, two knives, enough money to feed himself and buy wine, lots of trail food, and about seven flasks of wine

Personality and history: Wren never really had it easy. As a halfbreed, he was never really accepted into either culture and quickly learnt how to get along by himself. He threw himself into his education, first learning to sing, and to play various instruments, though the lute was always his favourite. He learnt how to use knives to great effect, and studied to train the trace of magic left to him by his elven mother. It wasn't enough to do much, but he could do small things, like start a fire, tune a lute string, and heal minor injuries. He could turn the tide his way in battles with a sneaky magical move. Wren enjoys the company of others, but has always been extremely independent, having many acquaintances and friends, but none close.
A real wordsmith, he can write a verse about anything at a moment's notice. He uses his words to devastating effect, both to charm his audiences, and with a cutting, dry wit as he sips his wine. This twisting of words into riddles and all too honest insults turn a lot of people away from him, but Wren doesn't care for company as long as he has an audience, and when Wren performs, everybody listens.

He devoted his life to his music, and he goes on adventures seeking stories worthy of his voice and his lute. This solitary lifestyle suited him and he honed skills needed to be a lone traveller, becoming adept at living off the land, laying traps for animals, and defending himself, through both the physical and the arcane. Ever resourceful, he has picked up a wide array of strange objects in his travels, and due to his talent, the originality of his content, and the rarity of his performances, when Wren appears from some long journey, everyone comes to listen.

Last edited:
Erin Falnor, A human female. She's 5'11, with light brown hair in a pixie cut, a green left eyes, her right eye had a ragged scar running through it, an eyepatch to cover the damage. Aged 32.

She wears battered heavy arm, multiple repairs had obvious been made to it. The black trim was sunbleached, rather faded. A tattered red cape was draped. In her left hand was a wooden, rectangular shield in her left hand. It's painted red, with black phoenix in the center. It was clearly much more maintained than her armor. In her right hand was a strange weapon, very similar to a handaxe but while one side had an axe blade the other was a blunt surface for smashing.

She has a rather abrasive personality to strangers, often saying what she thinks with little regard for other's feelings. However if she cares about someone she'll go to any lengths to keep them safe and healthy, both physically and mentally.

In her knapsack she carries a few pieces of gold, a change of simple clothing, and a small, artfully painted chest about 1 x 1 x 2ft, the contents rattle with the sound of wood on wood.

Name: Hadden Tharus

Race: Human

Appearance: Standing at just under six foot, a muscular form that refrains from being brutish and still allows good mobility, thick brown hair and traces of stubble across his face, two blue eyes. Often wearing the best plated armour his family can buy, along with a green cloak on his back bearing the bear crest of his family in gold stitching.

Equipment: Steel broad sword, bandages, rations, a sack of gold coins, a few scriptures, sleeping bag, torch, fuel, matches, small shovel, toilet paper.

History: Hadden was bought up in the house of Tharus, under the care of his father Reinwald Tharus, alongside his two older brothers and younger sister. From an early age, Reinwald as he did with all his sons introduced Hadden to combat training under a tough lead, from each of the different knights and lords who’d fought battles on behalf of the Tharus house. Whilst he was in no way naturally gifted in the ways of combat, all the training had done him well, until the age of fifteen when he was sent on his first small campaign with a group of soldiers. These different skirmishes and send-offs allowed Hadden the experience to sharpen what training he was given, and whilst not quite ready yet to lead, he certainly is capable to fight. Reinwald had always, and will always ensure Hadden has the best armour, weapons and tools to his disposal.

Due to this history, Hadden is quite the opponent when it comes to combat, though at times he risks becoming over-zealous with in his houses’ name. He will always follow orders given if he believes them to be true, and is ready to give them himself. He has quite a naïve nature about himself, and has a tendency to bite off more than he can chew.

Often courteous to strangers, but once lost his trust is very hard to gain back. Is very heart-lead and will always fight for what he believes to be in the best interest of his house, family and people.

Hello all! If you're still looking for new members I would be delighted to bring some range, and a wee bit of healing, to the party!
(This got a bit long, my apologies... If there's anything that you want to discuss - namely concerning the alchemy bits/enhanced arrows - I am more than happy to! I'm not trying to give myself, or Saren, an unfair advantage I just thought the idea was one that had merit :)

Bio Information; Saren Vale - Female - Half-Elf - Hunter/Ranger - 21 - 5’3”

Appearance; Slight of frame, though not as slight as she would seem Saren stands just over five feet tall. Though not immediately noticeable she has significant muscle on her arms and upper back from years of practice with a bow. Her soft features and dark inky eyes are inherited from her mother while her wild reddish auburn hair, coppery skin and plentiful freckles come from her father. She can usually be found wearing a loose cotton shirt and leather padded breeches with high, lace up boots. When more protection is needed she has goggles and a mask as well as a set of mid-weight leather armour.

Personality; A first impression of Saren would leave you wondering how such soft spoken and agreeable girl had spent as much time as she had out in the world without losing that childish innocence. A number of impressions later and you would know that it was likely that she never had any childish innocence to begin with, always having been slightly impish and sly, observing silently until she is sure what angle of conversation or action will most benefit her. Even so she is inherently nice, and any tricks she plays or jabs she makes are usually not in full seriousness. She has always been one for a challenge and never turns away from the call of the wilds.

Equipment; Traditional longbow and quiver, arrows*, two stiletto daggers, a hunting knife, various alchemical and medicinal ingredients (a small variety for travelling, I plan on creating a full list), three empty glass flasks, a slim mix of potions/poisons, flint and steel, a pouch of coins, a waterskin and a small leatherbound notebook with a charcoal pencil.
*Both normal arrows and the occasional alchemically enhanced one - explosive, freezing, poison, etc… The ratio of normal arrows to enhanced ones is about 10 - 1 respectively)

History; Saren Vale is the fourth and second youngest child of Miris and Reven Vale, an elven woman and a half elven man who met by chance as travelers on the same road. Miris running from a stifling adolescence and an arranged marriage and Reven searching for something more to life than the path of a small time hunter.
Along with her siblings, Saren was taught archery/ranger skills from her father and herbalism/alchemy from her mother starting at a very young age. Though she never took to alchemy as much as her twin brother she quickly became proficient with a bow and as such spent most of her childhood in the forest at the edge of her village. What she did pick up from her mother was more based around herbalism than alchemy, though when she realized the potential to use alchemy to enhance her arrows she took more care in listening to her mother’s lessons. While not a hundred percent proficient with alchemy or even herbalism she knows a fair amount, enough that it has helped her out of a sticky spot a number of times.
With the blessing of her father and only slight reluctance of her mother Saren left her village when she turned 16 to travel and learn, the same wanderlust that took her father years back taking her as well. Along these travels she spent just as much time on her own in the wilds as she did in the hustle and bustle of cities and small quiet towns, observing and learning, never stopping and staying in one place for too long.

Back