New Year Contest

Silence

Anonymous Me
Hi all. This is the time of year when we all make those resolutions, or we don't. So in light of the fact that many who make resolutions fail them and many decide not to because they know of the inevitable failure this contest will be about disillusionment. I will not be the only one choosing the winner of the contest. When it closes on January 21 there will be a one week poll for readers on STC to decide who the winner is.

This is a contest to see who can best show disillusionment through writing, drawing, painting, or any other form of appropriate art created by you.

PROMPT: What does disillusionment look like?

Throwing on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, Clary rushed to open the door. Throwing it open, she noticed her friend standing on the marble doorstep, grinning broadly.
" Happy birthday!" Before Clary could have protested, the girl was squeezing her so tightly that she felt herself choke.
"U-um..Stella slow down...a bit there.." She breathed, almost out of air. Stella let go of the black haired girl in a hurried gesture and handed her a bag. Looking at her blankly, Clary made as if to put it in the living room when she was grabbed from behind.
" Stella?" Turning around with a confused tilt of her head, she noticed something flicker between her expression. But it was gone before she could have identified it, and listened to the blond speak instead.
" Open it now." Her face was serious, all humor gone from her lively expression. Giving her a worried glance, Clary opened the bag hastily. There stood a card barely the size of her palm. She took it out and began to read. With every word her eyes widened more, and at last she dropped the piece of cardboard. It read:

You always ruin everything. Please get out of my life. You even took my boyfriend. Happy birthday, and I hope you don't live long.

Her tears had already started to spill, her knees suddenly feeling weak and shaky, unable to support her weight. Gathering up the strength, she felt her hoarse and shaky voice shake her sore throat:
" Why?" She choked out, now sobbing silently. Stella gave her a cold look, eyes piercing through her.
" Carlo told me everything." She answered finally, turning to leave.
" wait, carlo? B-but he was my best friend..?" She didn't sound so sure even to her own ears. Stella chuckled darkly and bend to her knees, staring Clary hard in the face.
" You shouldn't trust others so easily, Clary." And with that she left without another word.

@Ninasilverrose

Congratulations. You get to be the winner.

giphy.gif

Just for your information, I did have to take the creepy little Elmo.

Back