New User Newcomer :)

AkiraDawn

AkiraDawn enters the post thread and takes a seat on a bit of nothing. She's in her mid-40s, short red hair, blue eyes. She's wearing jeans and a grey t-shirt with a cartoon dragon on it. The dragon is busy placing helms, shields and other bits of armor in a blue recycle bin.

She sits there, swinging her legs back and forth for a moment, looking left and right to see if there's anything she's supposed to be interacting with here. After a minute or two of not much, she gets up and wanders to one corner of the post box and knocks on it experimentally. She pauses to listen... ... then shrugs and goes back to where she was sitting.

"Ummmmm, hi! Nicetameetchya, you new person in my world," she says with a smile. Then she tips her head and grins curiously. "So I guess this is where I sit here and wait for a bit, and hope someone responds with a cool question for me to answer."

She pauses for dramatic effect, then smiles in a friendly way. "So, whatchya wanna know?"

Oh, Oooooh.....Someone sat in the room. I'm not sure if I should say anything, or just dig through the trash and spread stuff all over the floor again. I really love bags of left over cheetos and other snacks. Actually, I'll eat about anything I can get my paws on. Making a wide circle I walk around and stand on my tippy toes at the far side of the trash. Raising one paw I squeak a hello. "Whatcha yah usually like to write?" Eyeing the new person with some suspicion I tentatively dig one hand into the trash. There's got to be something good in here."MMM...nope, bottle, napkins, not sure what that was and....yes!!! Cheddar & Sour Cream chips. A few little crumbles in the bag. Someone loves me." Scuttles away with the bag and hunches over it on the far side of the room. Chows down on the chips and attentively watches the new person. They'll answer me eventually. No hurry, I've got chips.

Hehe, love it :)

The aforementioned new person, yours truly, watches the raccoon with great interest. Was he here all along? "Oh, it speaks!" I say with a smile, sliding from my seat and transforming into a cat as I go. An orange tabby to be precise. I pad over to where Silence is chowing down on the chips and sniff delicately, then sneeze to show my lack of interest in all potato kind.

"Interesting question! Well, generally I like to adapt and adjust to whoever I'm writing with - it's a fun challenge," I say, one ear flicking thoughtfully as I sit back on my haunches, tail wrapping round to cover my front paws. "That said, I've been a part of a ton of different writing projects. I seem to tend toward supernatural elements - not a fan of being put in a box."

"I also prefer action and romance? A little comedy and drama. Not a big fan of intricate fight scenes or chewing the scenery. Love a good mystery," she continues, pausing for thought. "Generally I'd say upbeat is good, life is hard enough, I don't want to whine while writing. But, having problems to solve is always fun."

I tip my head to one side as my tail flips up to curl behind me. "I have roleplayed fan fiction, Dragon Riders of Pern world. That was fun," I say. "And a whole lot of furry rp in my time too. I mostly just enjoy writing with other people, playing off what they're doing and adding my own flavor to it."

In an attempt to keep this alive - here's my post to my About profile section :)

Hey :) You want to know more about me? Cool! Let's see... I'm in my mid 40's, happily married, no kids. Got hit with an early onset auto-immune arthritic condition that effectively kept me out of the work force, so never really worked!

Before the pandemic I did a lot of Zumba and water aerobics, played D&D and board games, and went to movies and hung out with friends.

Post pandemic, well... ... watch a lot of Netflix and take walks every day. Oh, and Minecraft. Play a lot of minecraft to kinda get a sense of doing things outside that my life has been lacking lately.

I'm here looking for more interaction. I miss people! :p And it doesn't look like things are going to bet back to normal any time soon...so looking to see what I can get up to here :)

Hey, I didn't get a chance to respond because I've been busy at work and home. Had family visiting for most of this month and then next week I drive across the country for a short vacation before resuming life and a more normal schedule. Give me a yell if you need anything! I will be on more in the second week of August.

Hey, AkiraDawn! Never properly got to welcome you to the forums, so welcome aboard! :emoji_smile_cat:

Back