Nexus City

Astoria stiffened when she saw Beikalan, bending over, hurt.
"What is it?" Kaster whispered. Astoria tilted her head to look at Beikalan and the other man. Kaster followed her gaze.
"He should probably have that looked at..." Astoria said softly.

"Well, since you pissed off the best hospital in this place, I'm not sure what to do."

Astoria walked over to the strange man and Beikalan, hesitated, and then said, "Look, you have no reason to trust me, but... that thing looks like it hurts really bad... I could bandage it up for you if you'd like."

"You clearly don't trust me with that look in your eye, And as such have no reason to trust you, for all I know you could try and kill me." He stated, "Besides, you wouldn't want to get involved anyway."

Astoria shrugged, "Well, you did buy me a burger. I understand, though. Just let it keep hurting and bleeding and let it get infected..." She started to walk back over to Kaster.

Blindfold fixed Astoria with a strange gaze under his white blindfold. You had the strange feeling he was x-raying you, looking into your soul.

He turned to Beikelan. "She can be trusted. As long as you don't murder her friends."

Beikelan toppled over, hitting his cut against the concrete. "Ugh, I think I'd rather take my chances with TMITM, He'll probably fix it just so I can stay alive and play his little 'game.'"

"Not so. You can play his game, even in death.
She can be trusted.
I know it's difficult to trust after everything you've experienced, but you can trust her."

Kaster tilted his head at his sister, saying, "Being nice without anything in return?"
Astoria said, "Well, he did buy us burgers."
"Yeah, but what's in it for you?"
"I can't just offer to save someone's life without you thinking that I'm going to steal from him?"

Kaster shrugged.
"Well, I'm not. He's a good man and besides, then we'd be even." Astoria snapped.

Blindfold flinched and looked at Beikelan. "Do not fight him. You'll lose and you'll lose, playing into his hands. Stop it! Why, by all the nine hells do you want to go back to FIGHT HIM?"

"Wounds like that don't heal, not fully. He'd just complete the transformation."

"No, it's not. Imagine staying alive for all eternity, fully concious and aware as you are forced to kill the unfortunate newcomers to the House."

"You can't just keep relying on... sheer luck and TMTIM's interest! soon, he'll find another toy to play with and you'll be discarded and most likely dead."

Back