Nightly Wonders.

Focusedheart

Through all, smile. Through the worst, smirk.
The forest was quiet this late at night. Even the birds had returned to their nests to sleep for the night. Of course except those who hunted at night. The breeze bringing the sound of wings and calls.

Yet a lone figured walked beneath the canopy of trees, in the silence of the shadows. The female form was clothed in black pants that were made of a soft flexible material, her long red shirt made of the same material. Black boots covered her feet yet made no sound upon the ground.

Her long red hair had been in a braid but now lay in a mess about her head. On hand was clamped tightly over a wound that seemed to refuse to stop it's bleeding. Something was stuck within it ,keeping the wound open.

For now her destination was that of a lake not far from her now. She would be in sight of it soon and then could possibly deal with the wound and remove the item that had lodged itself there.

The lake came into sight and hope filled her at the sight of it. There was a chance of relief finally from this terrible pain.

When the lake comes into view, a rather odd sight is visible once close enough. Someone seemed to be sitting in the shallow end of the water, but it was not an adult. A young child, looking about the age of 6 sat still, facing away.

His hair was black, curly and a little bit long. He didn't seem to be wearing anything, but no clothes were nearby! Had he lost them? Either way, a child shouldn't be out so late at night alone, nor should they be ANYWHERE outside naked! What could have happened?

Upon closer inspection, his skin was white. VERY, WHITE. As much as paper, pale. He was facing down, body slouched, asleep? He seemed to have a small cut on his cheek, nothing major, but he began to wobble slightly, as if about to fall over.

As she drew closer to the lake, her steps hurried but then her eyes fell upon the form in the water. She slows her steps and began to approach the water carefully.

Her pain was forgotten for a moment as she eyes the form. It was not a normal thing. No one should be out here so far away from the villages.

Moving carefully her hand was on her dagger at her waist and her other hand on the wound to her side. "Hey...are you okay?" She asks.

Upon hearing her words his eyes snapped open and he quickly looked up! Instinctively, he scooted back and away, but stopped, the water going up to his shoulders as he sat. He looked scared. His eyes were a mixture of red and orange, beautiful and odd. "I. . . ." He could say no more before he started to tremble and tear up.

"You're not with them, are you?" he asked, voice breaking.

Haliza froze where she stood as she watches the male carefully. He was reacting as someone who was abused. Her side throbbed with pain from the thing lodged in there but she couldn't make any suddenly moves in case she spooked the boy.

She winced and nearly fell as her legs tried to buckle. She shakes her head slightly. " I'm not with anyone. I'm on my own." She says.

He sniffled, starting to crawl towards her sadly. "Please. . . ." His voice was a squeak, sad and sobbing. "Let me come with you. . .wherever you're going. . . please. . . Please just don't let them take me again. . . '

Tears streamed down, he must have been desperate to get away from something terrible. "Please. . .Please!" He was too busy sobbing to notice her rather obvious wound.

It was impossible not to hear his pain and she wondered what or who had done such to him. She nods slightly at his words and his question. "Yes...you can come with me..."

She winced and was unable to stand any longer as her leg buckles and she falls to the ground. She managed to keep from laying down and was only kneeling. She had already lost to much blood and the thing lodged in her side was digging deeper.

He flinched when she fell and then looked at her fearfully. "A-Are you. . .okay?" He crawled up to her, looking at her and sniffling."W-What happened to you? Who hurt you?"

She watches as he moved closer to her. "I don't know what it was. " she grimaced and pulled her hand away to reveal the claw lodged into her side. "I haven't been able to pull it out." She says.

Haliza watched him carefully. "Who are you running from?"

He cringed slightly at the sight, it looked beyond painful. "I. . . .I''ll explain later if that's okay. . . .You need help. . . .Y-You're bleeding. . ."

It was not easy to trust someone, it never was. So far though he had given her no sign that he would harm her. She nods at his words. "I can not pull it out, the claw. It's at an angle I can' reach. Please remove it then I need to get into the water, it will heal." She says.

He shot her a worried look and nodded, gulping nervously. He reached forward and closed one eye, not wanting to get too bloody. Carefully though, he pushed his fingers in and gripped the claw before giving one big tug back!

Haliza kept as still as she possibly could as he gripped the claw. A cry of pain left her as he pulled the claw free. A tremble ran through her body but she forced herself to move.

It took her a moment but she managed to get to the water. As soon as she touched it, warmth filled her. Slowly the warmth faded as the water flushed the wound and the skin began to stitch itself back together.

He flinched and then scattered back a bit, then followed her into the water. "How. . . do you do that?" he asked, scared. "You can heal yourself with water? That's amazing. . ."

She stays in the water, letting her strength return. "Something I've been able to do since I was a kid...." She looks to him. " ho is after you?" She questions gently.

". . . . . .The angels. . ." He looked down. "They're after me . . . .They. . .They took my parents away. . . ." He teared up.

She gazed at him carefully. "The angels? Why did they take your parents?" She asks curiously.

He looked up to her with fear in his eyes. "Because. . . . .I'm. . . .a demon. But, they don't understand. . .I'm not like my parents. . .And my parents can be good!" A few tears dribbled. "But they don't let us show them. . . .they don't believe us. . ."

She shakes her head slightly. "They can be cruel in their own ways..." She shakes her head and gets out of the water. "They won't be back here...if anything they will be busy with the demons that were tearing through a village not to long ago." She says.

He slowly followed, but stayed a little far away. ". . . .Are you sure?. . . ." Sniffling, he rubbed his eyes. "I don't want to die. . ."

Back