Nightshade Chronicles (1x1 w/ Cece and Kittyroid)

Cece

<3
In the kingdom of Herra, the beloved Queen, Queen Liana, has fallen sick due to unknown causes. Despite all of the kingdom's attempts to cure her, everyone and everything has failed so far. Fearing her life is surely coming to an end, she calls upon her only son, Prince Larko to hand pick a small team to seek out mythical cure only heard of in legends and bedtime stories for the young and naive. Accepting the quest, Larko calls upon the strongest of the kingdom to adventure with him.

Last edited:
"Your team has assembled in the common room sir." Jarvan said, briefly stepping into the office where Larko sat, staring out of window. Sighing, the Prince got up, reluctantly turning his attention from the quiet streets and full, bright moon. Once he had accepted the request from his mother, he had ordered the guards to send for the people he pick, requesting their presence before the moon hit it's peak in the night sky.

"After you." The Prince grumbled to his life long servant, bowing slightly as he ushered him into the hallway. Quickly, they walked down the hallway, the sounds of their boots hitting the floor, echoing through the lifeless halls. Once they reached the common room, he pushed the doors open, entering a room full of silence. Hmm, I wonder what they're thinking, he thought to himself. Looking them each in their eyes, he nodded, acknowledging them all, one by one before stepping deeper into the room.

"I'm glad you all could make it and I apologize that it couldn't have been on lighter circumstances," He began, crossing his arms behind his back as he paced the length of the room. "But the Queen needs your help. I need your help." Taking a deep breath, he lowered his head, remembering that he needed to formally ask them to join him instead of demanding it.

"My mother speaks of a myth we have all heard, once or twice before. The powerful nightshade of our childhood fairy tales. She believes that it is real and hidden in the middle of Thermain's forest." He spoke, stopping in the middle of the room and turning to face the group fully. "I've gathered all the lore I could find that speaks of the infamous nightshade and I ask that each and everyone of you join me in this quest, for single-handedly, you each harbor special abilities that is needed on this quest. I believe that if we work together, we can get the nightshade and return to the Queen in good time." Satisfied with his speech, he nodded and stepped out, evenly disputing his weight and opening up the discussion to the others. He was sure that they had many questions and he was more than prepared to answer them.

Everyone shifted glances.

Dimitri's thin brow was arched in cool suspicion. He looked down the line at the people the Prince wanted to join together so save his mother. A motley crew, he thought. Could we really work together? One woman, all in green, had extremely pointed ears. She was a shaman, and a powerful one, too, by the look of her. Next down the line was a young woman with a girlish look about her body, but a stern look to her brow. A handsome milenision falcon sat on her shoulder, looking right at Dimitri. Dimitri's eyebrow raised even higher, and the bird narrowed its eyes, then looked away, at the woman next to his master. This woman... both of his eyebrows rose into his hair... why, she appeared to be part orc! Dimitri have never seen anything like it. The woman seemed to sense his eyes on her, because she looked into his eyes viciously.

"Can I help you?" she asked in a slightly gravelly tone that said she didn't want to help anybody.

"That remains to be seen," replied Dimitri, his smooth tones contrasting sharply with the woman's.

The woman rolled her eyes, then looked at the the Prince. She rested her large hands on her stocky hips and shifted her weight to her left foot. "So, are we getting paid, or something? I don't know about the others, but if you want my help, you have to pay."

Dimitri wasn't surprised in the least. Orcs were vicious and greedy. Whatever one had been doing with a human to have her was a mystery to him.

The young woman next to her lifted her chin superiorly and stepped forward. She bowed at the waist, her hawk flying to a nearby pillar. "Whatever service I can be to the Queen is given freely and proudly. Consider me under your command, Your Highness."

The orc-woman snorted loudly, and while the warrior did not straighten from her bow, she tensed and her shoulders shifted as though she was trying to control her anger.

"So, are we getting paid, or something? I don't know about the others, but if you want my help, you have to pay." Azamakoda said to the Prince and before he could respond, Natalia stood and bowed, offering her service, free of charge.

"Thank you Natalia," He said, smiling at her manners. "As for your question, Azamakoda, I am prepared to offer what ever you request for joining me on this quest. I understand that money may not be the deciding factor for all of you. You may speak with me privately before I show you to your rooms for the night to discuss the riches you desire if you wish."

Taking in a deep breath, Seka swallowed as she observed the group, sensing the truth behind Larko's words. She could feel the power radiating off of the group and boy, was it something. "I would love to join you on the quest Lak-- er, Prince Larko." She said, almost calling him by her childhood nickname for him. "But I am not quite sure that this 'Nightshade' even exists, let alone where it would be hidden after all these years." Crossing her legs at her ankles, pushed a loose strand of hair behind her ear, hoping that he wouldn't point out her slip of the tongue, for she wasn't quite sure if he wanted their relations announced to the small group.

Azamakoda's eyes lit up at the notion of treasure, and she rubbed her hands. "Who cares if it exists? The goal is to go out there, fish around for something, then come back and get paid." She noticed the tall man's eyes on her again. "Well, that's my goal. You can do whatever you want. Oh, and by the way," she pointed at his head, "your horns are dorky."

Dimitri forced a smile. "I suppose an orc wouldn't understand, would it? I am of an ancient race, the Hanko, and--"

"AN ORC?" burst Azmakoda. "I am not an orc!"

Natalia straightened. "You are part one, though. Aren't you?" She asked the question innocently, but it was exaggerated with annoyance.

Azmakoda crossed her arms and glares at her, a low growl actually building in her throat. "So what if I am?" she said menacingly. "Still makes me better than a simpering human."

Natalia's eyes flashed, and she reached for her sword, but with a guilty glance at the Prince, she pulled back her hand and walked to fill her place in line again. "I'm sorry, Your Highness," she addressed the Prince. "Forgive my outburst. I will learn to control myself better around my quest mates. I am willing to go anywhere and do anything to find the cure to save our beloved Queen."

Azmakoda made gagging noises from beside her.

Dimitri looked at the people around him. He had yet to give his reply. "I will take that opportunity to speak with you, Your Highness. I have questions."

Looking at the bantering going on before him, he questioned his plan. Maybe he needed to to rethink his team. Shaking his head, he decided to go with his gut and keep them as they are, they will simply have to learn how to tolerate one another, especially if/when they succeed and he is left to determine the small groups future. Raising his eyebrows at Seka's slip, he winked at her, letting her know that he found no fault in her nicknames for him.

"Azmakoda, I understand that you are looking forward to the treasures I have offered but I do demand that the Queen's health be of upmost priority." He said, for the first time since he's sense stepped into the room taking on a stern tone.

"Natalia," He said kindly, "I assure you that i've taken no offense to the words that have been spoken tonight. You'll all find that I am more relaxed than my Father and Mother. I wish that you all shall feel comfortable speaking freely with me." He said, addressing the entire room now. Before he could say more, Dimitri spoke, wishing to speak to him alone.

"Yes sir. I have planned for some treats to be in your rooms since I did call you away from your homes tonight. I know this is sudden, but I would like for you all to stay the night here, in the castle for we leave early tomorrow." Walking over to where Seka sat, he stood behind her and placed a gentle hand on her shoulder. "I've notified my staff to prepare and receive whatever you'd ask for, and please, please understand that you are no prisoner, you may leave and stay in your own homes tonight but we will leave at 8 sharp."

Though Seka was off in her own world, she listened to Larko's words, shocked when all of a sudden, he was behind her and laid his hand on her shoulder. Unable to stop herself, she blushed brightly and lowered her eyes. There was no way the Prince could have known of her feelings towards him but the others might think something more of his kind touch. She was thankful for his friend ship and how even though, he was speaking to the group, he was observant enough to notice how nervous she was. biting her lip, she waiting patiently for him to move his hand so that her bright blush could go away and the attention breeze over her.

Azmakoda waved her hand in the air at the Prince's works and muttered, "yeah yeah. It's all about the Queen, isn't it?" After Larko's words Azmakoda headed for the door. "Yeah. Got it. 'Night ya'll." She left the room without another word.

Both Dimitri and Natalia noted the personal way that Larko behaved toward Seka, but only Dimitri noticed her subsequent blush. Were there feelings where there should not be? Dimitri raised his customary eyebrow and Natalia frowned. Was she in favor with the Prince? Would he treat her specially and unfairly? Natalia knew it wasn't her place to speak -- no matter what the Prince said -- so she held her tongue, but it was disturbing her. Dimitri stored it away in his mind for considering and waited for the Prince to join him as he waited. "Where should we go to speak, Larko?" He spoke the name freely.

(Sorry for the lousy response. I just got in trouble with my dad for staying up too late. It's 2:40 am here)

(So, I'd like to ask that you post your entire response at one time instead of me having to figure out how to adjust the post I just sent to accommodate the new information. 'Nother thing. Are you planning Seka and Larko to be romantically involved? If so, I'm a little disapointed, because I was seeing Dimitri for Seka and one of the others (wouldn't it be funny if it were Azmakoda?) for Larko.)

(Oh goodness. Better call it a night lol! and gotcha, i'll post Seka and Larko together and nah, just going with the romantic feelings she has for him to bring up some tension later on.)
Shrugging off Azmakoda's response and retreat, he turned his attention to Natalia who had such a forlorn look on her face. Did he say something to upset her already? Hmm, maybe offering for them to stay the night here was a little too much. Tapping Seka on her shoulder, he turned to Dimitri and left the two ladies with a sweet smile and wave.

"If you don't mind walking and talking, we can head towards my room, it's a short distance away in the west wing." Larko said, nodding to him.

Seka let out a slow breath, relieved to feel Larko move and once they had left the room, she pushed back her chair and stood stretching her body, releasing all the pent up tension. "Were you planning on staying here for the night?" She asked Natalia, oblivious to her slight change in mood.

Last edited:
Dimitri nodded respectfully and followed after Larko out of the door and into the hall. Dimitri waited until they were out of earshot, and then he spoke freely. "Your plan has many flaws. You don't truly know where the nightshade is. The forests are filled with dangerous tribes and more dangerous beasts. You say 'the middle' but the middle is contained in around three hundred miles square. Do you intend to roam around, hoping for the good fortune of finding it in the bushes? What of guardians? Surely there will be protectors. If is not lying around, missed by the creatures of the world, then there will be guardians. An enormously powerful witch that has kept her aging at bay until she is the most feared witch in the world, if unknown. Terrible monsters that would want nothing more than to tear you to pieces and eat you. Freakish magical safeguards built up by many wizards until it is so full of magic that any magical animal could become intoxicated by the aura if it drew near enough. And what of our group? Do you really think it wise to bring together a woman that is part orc, a warrior girl with obvious restrictions that would not benefit her in the wild, a powerful shaman, and me? A Darko? You do realize that Darkoes are not social creatures, do you not?" He asked all the questions calmly, a bit curiously, but pertaining that excellent smoothness.

Natalia could hold her told around the Prince, but she had no reason to for Seka. "He is the Prince," she said solemnly. "Why did he touch you like that?"

Nodding as Dimitri spoke, Larko smiled, his confidence in the people he picked growing. "Yes I know that there are many faults in the plan but I assure you that I picked you all for a reason. Seka, though shy and hesitant has a direct connection with her magic, able to channel her ancestors when the time is right. I've mapped out our path, insuring that we will be avoiding the most vicious creatures our dear journey holds and in a case that things take an unpredictable turn, I am sure we can work together to get out of the trouble." Larko said brightly, knowing that he could not force either one of them to go but wanting them all to cooperate. "We have a well known hawker, a halfling orc with brute strength, a wise and powerful Drako, a skilled navigator Prince, and a possibly overpowered healer. I am more than positive that we will find the nightshade, will all of our battles, and return in a timely manner. In fact, i'm willing to bet my dear mother's life on it." He said, deepening his tone as he thought about his sickly mother and her possible demise. "I willing to bet my life on it as well." He whispered, knowing that a failure in anyway would tilt the balance of the kingdom, resulting in complete panic.

Caught off by Natalia's question, Seka hesitated in answering her. "We've known each other our whole lives. We're practically siblings." She confessed, turning her face from Natalia. Not in anger, but in shame. She's never had to admit that out loud before. "I know for a fact that he doesn't feel the same. I'm sorry if his actions offended you, I get very nervous around people I don't know. I promise you he was just trying to calm me down." Deciding that she had embarrassed himself enough, she headed to the door, wondering what kind of snacks awaited her.

Dimitri nodded slowly. "You are a wise man. You have thought this through. I will join your group and will be ready for leave by eight in the morn. Good night, Your Highness," he said, and walked off a hallway.

Natalia scoffed quietly behind her. If she was nervous around new people, then how was she to succeed in a journey that will carry them across a great deal of the land. They would be meeting new people often, she believed. The woman would do poorly. And Natalia would not help her. She called down her hawk, stroked it gently on it's head, then headed for the door as well. Just before she left the room she looked back. She hadn't been in a castle in years.

((CRAPPY. CRAPPY. CRAPPY. WHY KITTY. WHY YOU MAKE A CRAPPY RESPONSE CECE, YOUR FRIEND, CAN'T WORK WITH. BOO KITTY. BOOOOOOOOOOO))

((Its not crappy! lol.) "Good night!" Larko called after Dimitri just as he saw Seka leave the conference room, followed shortly by Natalia who turned the opposite way. Waving to Seka who smiled back at him jogged after Natalia, chuckling at how she was headed the wrong way. "Excuse me but I couldn't help but notice that you might not be comfortable with staying here and I would love to send you off with a gift if you're heading out." He said as he caught up with her.

Natalia stopped and looked up at him, startled. "A-a gift, Your Highness? I don't... I don't need a gift! And besides," she gestured loosely down the hall she was headed and smiled nervously, "I haven't decided if I'm staying. I'm just..." her nervous smile grew. She shouldn't be talking to the Prince like this. He was the Prince. There was a point to the separation! "I guess I'm just a little lost." Under her nervousness her shell started to come off and she blushed slightly pink in embarrassment.

"Ah well our halls can get a bit confusing." Larko said, noticing her blush. Good, she didn't hate him. "I could show you around myself or I can grab a servant to do it. Your choice." Lowering his head, he bowed slightly. "I understand that it can seem to be moving quickly."

Finding her room with ease, Seka ran her hands along the large bed that sat in the middle of the room. Much to her delight, there were many fancy sweets displayed in a large box on the edge of her bed. Grabbing a few, she twirled, savoring the rich candies before heading to the bathroom to shower before calling it a night. She was sure that tomorrow carried an easy journey, yet she had to mentally prepare herself for the awkward small talk Larko was sure to force on the group. Sighing, she undressed, stepping into the fancy shower and turning on the water.

((A shower...? Wow.))

As soon as Larko offered his help Natalia heard nothing else. "You can't take me!" she cried, her shell almost completely gone from her shock. "You're the Prince! I'm just a..." she looked down at herself and frowned. What was she? "peasant," she settled with. She looked into his eyes, noticing for the first time that they were very nice eyes. She sighed. "Look." She shuddered and started again. "I'm sorry, Your Highness. You are royalty, and while I am honored above all my dreams to be included in your adventure, I cannot, cannot, ask you to guide me. We," she frowned and looked down, "we are not at the same level."

((Not a thing???))

Taken aback by her comment, Larko raised his eyebrows. The Prince rarely interacted with 'Peasants', as Natalia stated. To him, everyone was the same, no one truly ranking above or below the other. But that was not the case with everyone. Nodding, he took a deep breath, "Well, i'd like to disagree with your statement. We are not different from each other except from our birthrights." Taking a step back, looked down the hallway and pointed in the opposite direction. "But I do hope that if you do stay, you enjoy it. I'll see you tomorrow." He said, beginning to walking backwards. He decided not to push the subject, knowing that things will smooth out in due time, allowing the Prince to befriend them all on their own accord. "The guest rooms are down this hall, by the way."

((Not in medieval fantasy!))

Natalia nodded shakily. "Thank you, Your Highness." She stood there, staring at the floor until Larko's footsteps faded from hearing, then she took a deep, deep breath, looked up, looked down the hallway, then turned her back and walked down the passage she had been going. It may be the wrong way, but she would rather find her own way than run the possibility that she might incounter the Prince again.

She found a servant, got instructions, and hurried out of the castle. There was no way she was spending the night after a conversation like that. How was she supposed to act respectfully when he insisted on removing the boundary? She walked through the town, not keeping her eye on the alleyways to make sure there were none that thought they could attack a woman that appeared as a girl. Her sword was easily hidden and she was walking with a slump. One moment she was alone, she moon hiding behind clouds, and the next there were three men around her.

"Hey, lovely. Whatcha doin' in the dark all by your lonesome?" said the man coming from the left. They were approaching quickly, and Natalia was moving slowly. She pulled out her sword, but a man already had her arm. Her hawk, which had been drifting not far above her, dive-bombed the man gripping her, and he lurched away with a cry, but he hadn't let her go! She was pulled along with him, and she dropped her sword. What was wrong with her? This was going all wrong. She could take them! But without her sword she didn't have a weapon in her hand, just her hawk, which was being attacked by a second man. He wasn't doing well -- loosing a lot of feathers and being hurt badly badly if she could hear well. The first man picked up her sword and studied it. He smiled oddly and looked at her. "What's a little girl like you doing with such a weapon? This is a good--" he weighted the sword by lightly bouncing it on one palm while he held it in the other hand "-- sword. I think I'll take it." He tucked it into his broad belt and grinned nastily, walking up to her. "I wonder what about you I'll take?" His eyes scanned her body. She jerked up her foot and managed to catch him in the groin. He stumbled back with a groan, but didn't go down. Holding his hand there carefully he grabbed her chin. "Little bitch. I'll make you pay for that," her growled, spittle hitting her face.

It was only then that she thought to scream, but as she opened her mouth the first man clapped his glove over her mouth. "Naughty, naughty. We can't have that, can we? You'll wake someone up, if you aren't careful, and that would be rude." The first man jerked his head at the alleyway, his piggy little eyes on Natalia. The three men managed to get her over to the alleyway. Natalia managed to barely get a glimpse of her hawk lying prone on the dirt road before she was pulled away.

As it turned out, Natalia was really, really fast without her armor on. She hadn't realized how fast she was, until, fueled by raw panic, her bare feet were pounding on the dirt. The only place she knew to go to was the castle, and it wasn't that far away. At least when you were running like she was. The dirt under her feet turned to cobblestones, but she didn't stop. Up the street she ran, demanding in tears to be let into the castle, and being let in in utter shock. They had seen this woman leave not an hour ago. What was she doing back? And half dressed? She ran on before they could talk to her, and she was soon inside the actual castle. She still ran, going back to the only place she knew -- the room where she had met the others. She knew her way better than she had thought, because she fell to the floor of the hall, sobbing uncontrollably, in only a few minutes.

Several servants went to the Prince, explaining in puzzlement that the woman with the hawk that had left was back, and she couldn't be comforted as she sobbed. She was in the small receiving hall.

Back