Nightshade Chronicles (1x1 w/ Cece and Kittyroid)

Natalia slid off her horse and watched as the Prince approached. The closer he got, she more she was nervous. Finally he stopped right in front of her, and she gazed up into his brown eyes. He was very close. Natalia tried not to let her periods of being less than covered around the Prince and tried to treat him normally. She licked her lips nervously. His eyes seemed to be traveling over her as though to map it, and she tried not to blush. She bit the inside of her cheek and stood there, completely forgetting that he had said something to her.

What did he think of her? She hoped he didn't see her as weak, but that was mostly all he had seen. She had to show him a better her. She straightened her back, and then... then he raised one blonde eyebrow and whisked unseen crumbs from his lips. She had never been around a man like him before. He was so handsome... it was her turn to trail her eyes over his face. His strong cheekbones, his full lips.

Natalia blinked a few times, then whipped her head to the side. What had she been thinking? He was the Prince. She was definitely blushing scarlet; she could feel the heat from her face. No man should have seen her like he had, except her lover... There Natalia almost choked. Yeah. Thoughts. Off. Now.

She brought her eyes back to his painfully and forced a smile. "What did you say, Your Highness?" She pressed the title into her mind, chasing away any inappropriate thoughts.

Dimitri's eyebrows raised swiftly. "You can do that? Well, yes," he smiled, "if you grew me a tree I could jump for you." He hadn't fully considered how his words might be taken. 'For you.'

"I asked if you promise not to freak out." Larko said, amused at her reaction. She didn't seem to afraid of him and that was good. He was making progress. "I will tell you, but I don't want to upset you in anyway." Backing up, barely, he took another bite of the bread. Skipping breakfast wasn't the best idea for him since he tends to get a bit cranky.

Seka wasn't sure if she was insulted or not by Dimitri's surprise at the extent of her powers but now she was determined to show him. She doubted that they would have the chance for her to do it but you never know. "Are you asking if I can make the tree big enough or if I can grant you access to the Queen's library?" She asked, coming out a little harsh. Now there she goes, being mean to someone who might understand her on a different level. "Uh sorry, I get a touchy some times." She confessed, looking around for a path to disappear into.

Natalia tilted her head. "How could learning whose clothes I'm wearing distress me? Isn't it just some servant's?" What could he mean? It wasn't as though he had given her someone fancy's clothes. He wouldn't. She wasn't that important. She took some food of her own and started eating it without much attention.

She hadn't noticed, but Azamakoda had dismounted, and was listening intently, devouring her food with disgusting fervor.

Dimitri stared at her. "What are you talking about, Seka?" It was the first time he had said her name in front of her. "I was just surprised that making a tree that large would be something you could do. I know from your markings that you are, indeed, a powerful shaman, but, shamefully, I am not well-versed of the extent of a shaman's powers. Forgive me if I have offended you." He bowed shortly, his long hair falling over his shoulder. "I am no great conversationalist, myself. Darko's do not tend to be. We are very solitary creatures. Did your book tell you that? When Larko summoned me, I was more than a little startled."

“My mother gathered your bag together last night.” Larko said, looking at the clothes she wore. “These were the clothes she liked to wear when she would do ‘normal’ tasks as she likes to say. Or when she traveled, she would pack them and change into them as soon as she could. I didn’t tell you at first because I didn’t want to alarm you. Her closet was the first place I went to look for something you’d like. You are no servant Natalia. Definitely not now.” Smiling at Azamakoda, Larko sent her a small wave, briefly forgetting her actions earlier.

“Oh um, yeah.” Seka mumbled, completely embarrassed by her words. She didn’t know what else to say so once she found a small opening between the trees, she began to back away towards it. “No the book didn’t. I guess they didn’t interact much with people. And Larko is a smart guy. He tends to have the craziest ideas but somehow, they always work in his favor. But I am really sorry for what I said.” And with that, she turned around and walked swiftly into the forest, puting much distance between her and the other quickly. After a minute or so, she stopped and took a deep breath, letting the sweet hum of the forest overcome her. Since she was most powerful surrounded by nature, she often glowed slightly with energy when she’s at peak strength. Placing a hand on the trunk of a large but wilting tree, she harmonized with the dying hum and healed it. Letting her power flow through her, her hand glowed brightly this time, taking more energy than the bird to reach full health. Once she was done, the once black and leafless tree stood tall, with a rich brown trunk and large, green leaves on the branches. What a beautiful thing to witness and how greatful she was to be the one to heal this sickly tree. Noticing that a few minutes had passed, she headed back to the others.

((Hey, so, I am super SUPER sorry I disappeared. I just got super sick and couldn't even think of coming on for a week. I hopped on on Saturday in an attempt to force myself to get back into order, but I replied to your post and then couldn't do more. Well, I'm back and STILL can't think of anything. I would rather I put an effort and make a a good post later, then rush it and write a lousy post. :' ( I'm really sorry. I
ll be back as soon as I can be.))

Natalia stared at him blankly for several seconds, her chin gradually jutting out more and more in a subtle movement of shock. Then his words processed in her mind and she clutched at the soft tunic, almost as though she was trying to tear it off. "This is the Queen's?" she whispered breathlessly. She looked down at the clothes -- seeing them in a new light. No wonder they were so soft. No wonder they were so carefully made. No stains; no signs of sown up tears. She was wearing the Queen's clothing. She pulled the tunic farther away from her body. She looked up at Larko. "I can't wear these!" she cried softly. "I am not worthy! Your Highness, why would you pick these clothes for me? Surely you knew it was wrong. Were you purposefully being cruel to make me regret my actions of not keeping myself in a better state? I am sorry!" Her voice cracked.

Azamakoda's brows rose. Better state? Had something happened? What had happened to her original clothes anyway? Why had she needed new ones? And Larko had picked the Queen's clothing for her. Azamakoda laughed faintly, under her breath. No wonder the girl was freaking out. She really didn't deserve those clothes. At least she knew it. Azamakoda figured that Larko was just stupid and hadn't thought through how the girl would feel. Maybe he would try to comfort her. This would be fun to watch.

Dimitri watched her disappear into the trees, utterly nonplussed. Had he done something to terribly offend her. Why would she leave like that? Everything had seemed fine to Dimitri, but obviously Seka hadn't felt the same way. He really was ignorant about social situations.

He mentally rebuked himself for a minute longer, then turned back to the horses. He was hungry. He retrieved cheese and dried fruit and went to a tree. He settled himself cross legged on the ground at its base and closed his eyes to thank Elloheem for the food. He wasn't done before Natalia's voice burst roughly into his prayers. One of Dimitri's eyes cracked open into a squint and he glared at Natalia's back. He hadn't heard what she had said, but it was rude to cry out like that.

@Cece

Smirking at her expected reaction, Larko raised his eyebrows. "We feel that you are well qualified to wear those but we can see if Seka packed extra clothes to borrow if you'd like." He found her flustering modest and wondered why she insisted on holding herself on a lower level than he she her. He hoped that she would accept the clothing in the end, understanding that the Queen thought highly of her but also hoped that she wouldn't ask about his mother's involvement in choosing that particular outfit for her. Patiently, he waited for her answer, not wanting to seem pushy as well as showing a small amount of interest in her, testing the waters so to speak.

Walking back into the small clearing where the others were, Natalia and Larko speaking, Azamakoda standing a little bit farther away but listening in and Dimitri sitting by a tree, eating. Good idea, ignoring the spat between Larko and his new girlfriend, she pressed her palms together and walked over to Dimitri. Joining him, she smiled weakly and tucked her feet under her as she opened her palm, revealing a large, red apple. "Apple?" She offered quietly, mentally shoving their past interaction out of her mind in embarrassment.

(Sorry it took so long. I got a little sick:[ ) @KittyRoid

Back