Chronicles of The Omniverse Archived Niihama

Big Brother

Grand Confessor
Niihama, Capital of the ever expanding Taiyou Empire, homeworld of the prideful and honorable Taiyou Civilization...

niihama_zpsfc45201d.jpg

-------------------

Planetary Statistics

Year (Earth Days): 347
Avg Day Temp ° C: 30
Avg Night Temp ° C: 25
Surface Gravity (m/s2): 8.87
Habitable?: Yes
Ring System: No
Development Level: Ecumenopolis
Moons: No
Current Population: 75 Billion
Annual Population growth: 5 Billion

Atmosphere:
70% Nitrogen, 20% Oxygen, 3% Carbon Dioxide, 2% Argon, 4% Krypton, 1% trace gases (Methane, Helium, etc.).

Pollution Level: Hazardous

as written by Lobos, Zarhara, and Alara

The SDS Fire of Life slipped out of tunnel space quietly, dark procedures in play as it drifted from momentum away from the muted exit signature it’s jump had made. Passive sensors looked around, the three man bridge crew studying their stations closely as Lieutenant Kyle Oglivy watched over them.

“That’s strange.” Sensor reported. “I’m not getting anything on quiet-scopes.”

“Sweep one with active, then back to dark and air-maneuver right three ticks and down two,” Kyle murmured. “Comm, any chatter?”

“Nothing, sir.”

The Piranha-class corvette swept ahead with a burst of active sensor transmissions, cleverly disguised to appear as ambient static noise, then cut the superluminal waves and used bursts of stored CO2 to alter its vector, still drifting quietly through the void. On the bridge, Sensor glanced to the lieutenant. “Still nothing, sir. I’m not picking up anything at all.”

“Wide band hail, Comm.” Oglivy frowned. “Message is ‘Anyone out there?’”

Turning to the SEC representative behind him, Kyle rubbed the bridge of his nose for a moment. The Comm operator murmured into his instruments at his console. “What do you think?”

Damion paused a moment, he had been observing the actions of the crew. He placed a hand on his chin.

“Something’s not right here, no chatter or ships from what I understand.”

“I’m not an expert on space travel so forgive me if I come across as insulting, we are within the Amaterasu system correct?” He asked.

Kyle nodded. “According to the charts, we’re at the edge of the system drifting inwards at…” He glanced over at the nav console. “Roughly three kilometers a second. Anything that should be in this system is well within range of our sensors, but we’re not picking up any take. Hell, it looks like Niihama is dark, and that’s troubling.”

The door to the bridge hissed open to admit the Volarian Ambassador, Shreya. Of everyone aboard the ship, the young avorian woman seemed the most out of place and she was clad in Volarian finery as she entered. Even two months aboard a cramped ship hadn't been enough to sway her into leaving behind some of the luxuries of home.

She walked slowly and purposefully though as she joined Kyle and Damion.

"Any news yet?" she asked.

Her grasp of the Terran tongue was fluent, but thickly accented.

Damion turned as the Ambassador entered the bridge. He nodded in greeting, “Things aren’t looking good.The Lieutenant was just informing me that we have arrived in the Amaterasu system, however, there isn’t any comm traffic or any detectable ships in the system, the planet appears to be dark as well.” He stated.

Nodding, Oglivy grimaced. “Unless our instruments are off, we’re not getting anything. It’s possible, but the only way to be sure would be to head in system. Possibly go planetside to take a look.”

Scowling slightly, the lieutenant continued. “Which, under normal circumstances, would be routine. But these aren’t normal circumstances. There are unknowns in the equation, and both of you are on my list of remaining safe. However,” He held up a hand to stall protesting. “This is also a joint venture. So, thoughts?”

"It would serve little purpose to come this far, only to leave without answers," Shreya answered.

“Agreed, there’s little point in coming this far, I think we aren’t going to get answers unless we go planetside.” Damion said.

Nodding with a grimace, the lieutenant excused himself, seating at his command station. “Nav, how’s the tunnel lanes look from here to Niihama?”

“Pinging...got it. The cartography lanes are still viable, Loot. Five seconds, give or take few fractions.” The woman replied.

“Plot the jump then. Comm, you’re on standby. Sensor, bring the battlescreen up to full strength, we are going hot. Actives up, broadcast IFF tags.” His own contributions were warming the guns and synchronizing the ship’s AI into the flight crew’s operations. Nav pumped a fist, then flashed fingers, counting down silently.

Five. Four. Three. Two. One. The external displays went dark for a few moments, the internal lights illuminating the bridge, before the cameras saw around them again, the viewscreens showing Niihama dead ahead. Kyle checked the ranges, nodding absently. “Good plot, Nav. Ten Kay kilos up. Comm, anything?”

“Nada boss.”

“Alright, Mrs. Shreya, Mr. Damion. Last chance is you have second thoughts. If not, buckle in.”

as written by barney_fife

Some time Later...

The Desolate worlds of the Taiyou Empire remained out of sync with the timeline for some time. The strange unexplained anomalies that plagued Andromeda however, whether it was from the Matokey finally cracking the time synchronization, or through the intervention of one of the three Chousin. There was a sudden spike of energy across Niihama, and throuhout Taiyou, and AXIS Space.

Immediately following the spike of energy, starship traffic began to return, little by little. It started as a ship here, a ship there, and eventually through a flash of light, Taiyou star traffic among it's billions of individual planets had returned.

Across Niihama, and the rest of the AXIS held territories, the people were returning. Having never known they were missing.

The AXIS Cooperation Forces, and the Taiyou Empire had finally been re-synchronized to the current timeline.

Back