No Escape

While the view out the window was dark due to the lack of power, the faint moonlight would allow onlookers such as Claire to barely make out a few figures walking outside the hospital, mostly sticking to the shadows closer to the building itself. They seemed to be wearing mostly black, making them difficult to see, though there appeared to be some red patterns on their clothes as well. They simply walked around, loitering outside the building.

While Claire and Patrick spoke, Alice continued to comfort Sora. "Hey, you doing okay?" she whispered into the girl's ear. Her voice was still shaky, but she wanted to check in on her friend. Alice figured that years of horror movie expertise would help in this situation, but she was still terrified. All she could do was try to help Sora calm down and hope that it really was just taking a while to restore power.

Arris and Evan would find that their floor seemed practically empty. The rooms they passed by either empty or were only housing patients. The hospital was nearly lifeless in its current condition. However, the silent air of the hospital was shattered by a piercing scream of agony. It seemed to come from the next floor down, but it still rang out loud enough to be heard. Just as suddenly as the scream began, it stopped, and the eerie silence drifted in once again...
Arris flinched at the sound. "...Holy crap.. What... What the hell is going on in this hospital.. Evan, run back to the room and make sure everyone is safe, i'll check out downstairs. " hie commanded quickly, then priming his tray. His hands shook trying to get the sound of thst scream out of his head. "Evan. If I don't come back. I left my keys with Rockie's purse. I want you and the others to get out of here and tske my far snd do not look back."

"Evan, you notice anything yet?"

Evan steeled his eyes forward and concentrated on every detail he could spot. Alas, it was futile. Evan sighed and said, "Nope. Nada. This floor is practically empty, the rooms that we've passed by either empty or only housing patients. The hospital is nearly lifeless in its current condition..."

Arris and Evan would find that their floor seemed practically empty. The rooms they passed by either empty or were only housing patients. The hospital was nearly lifeless in its current condition.

.. Hmm. That's weird. Why am I getting the weirdest sense of deja vu all of a sudden? Evan thought.

However, the silent air of the hospital was shattered by a piercing scream of agony. It seemed to come from the next floor down, but it still rang out loud enough to be heard. Just as suddenly as the scream began, it stopped, and the eerie silence drifted in once again...

"AGH, what the frack?!" Evan blurted, the scream spooking him so much that he ended up jumbling his phone in his hands until it dropped to the floor. "Aw damn it... good thing I payed for the protective case," Evan said, picking up his phone.

Arris flinched at the sound. "...Holy crap.. What... What the hell is going on in this hospital.. Evan, run back to the room and make sure everyone is safe, i'll check out downstairs. " hie commanded quickly, then priming his tray. His hands shook trying to get the sound of thst scream out of his head. "Evan. If I don't come back. I left my keys with Rockie's purse. I want you and the others to get out of here and tske my far snd do not look back."

"Wait, what? Come on, it was probably just one of the patients getting their morphine or something," Evan said, clearly trying to mask his own uneasiness from the chilling scream. "You're on edge. I feel you, I'm still trying to get over it myself, but right now, we should just head back. Both of us. There's no use getting involved in whatever hoo-hah this hospital has going for it when we're still in pitch black mode."

Evan steeled his eyes forward and concentrated on every detail he could spot. Alas, it was futile. Evan sighed and said, "Nope. Nada. This floor is practically empty, the rooms that we've passed by either empty or only housing patients. The hospital is nearly lifeless in its current condition..."

.. Hmm. That's weird. Why am I getting the weirdest sense of deja vu all of a sudden? Evan thought.

"AGH, what the frack?!" Evan blurted, the scream spooking him so much that he ended up jumbling his phone in his hands until it dropped to the floor. "Aw damn it... good thing I payed for the protective case," Evan said, picking up his phone.

"Wait, what? Come on, it was probably just one of the patients getting their morphine or something," Evan said, clearly trying to mask his own uneasiness from the chilling scream. "You're on edge. I feel you, I'm still trying to get over it myself, but right now, we should just head back. Both of us. There's no use getting involved in whatever hoo-hah this hospital has going for it when we're still in pitch black mode."
"Evan, if something is going on, we gotta know. If we don't know, and there is something going on, people might get hurt. Our phones aren't working, and I haven't heard an office phone for a while. There's also absolutely no staff up here." His eyes showed the terror he was feeling already. Nothing was making sense and what little did was slowly changing to madness.

"Think about it, if something wasn't wrong, the other nurses would still be around here, or at least some of the secuity guards. Just us and the patients on this whole wing of the hospital. I need to know if something can hurt Rockie and if it can, I need to get her out of here." He said, though his hands were obviously shaking from fear. "And that goes for all of you. Even Patrick, as eccentric as the guy is." He took a deep breath in through his nose and focused, trying to remove any element of fear from his face, though his hands stayed unsteady.

"Evan, if something is going on, we gotta know. If we don't know, and there is something going on, people might get hurt. Our phones aren't working, and I haven't heard an office phone for a while. There's also absolutely no staff up here." His eyes showed the terror he was feeling already. Nothing was making sense and what little did was slowly changing to madness.

"Think about it, if something wasn't wrong, the other nurses would still be around here, or at least some of the secuity guards. Just us and the patients on this whole wing of the hospital. I need to know if something can hurt Rockie and if it can, I need to get her out of here." He said, though his hands were obviously shaking from fear. "And that goes for all of you. Even Patrick, as eccentric as the guy is." He took a deep breath in through his nose and focused, trying to remove any element of fear from his face, though his hands stayed unsteady.

Arris's conviction was not lost on Evan, but unfortunately, his own cowardice won over. He was shaking just as much as Arris was, but unlike him, he could not handle the pressure.

"Y-You're being paranoid..." Evan turned his body back towards where they came from. "Let's just go back, alright? Rock probably needs you more now than ever, and going off on your own on some wild goose chase won't help matters."

Arris's conviction was not lost on Evan, but unfortunately, his own cowardice won over. He was shaking just as much as Arris was, but unlike him, he could not handle the pressure.

"Y-You're being paranoid..." Evan turned his body back towards where they came from. "Let's just go back, alright? Rock probably needs you more now than ever, and going off on your own on some wild goose chase won't help matters."
"I'd feel safer knowing for sure it was a wild goose chase. I'm sneaking down there like it or not, you can go if you want, but I'm not gonna stand around waiting.." He started walking towards the stairs, trying to hold himself together. "No way anything's wrong anyway, but I need to know for sure..."

"I'd feel safer knowing for sure it was a wild goose chase. I'm sneaking down there like it or not, you can go if you want, but I'm not gonna stand around waiting.." He started walking towards the stairs, trying to hold himself together. "No way anything's wrong anyway, but I need to know for sure..."

Evan gulped. "Well uh... yeah, I'm sure it's nothing, but... er..." Evan's futile attempts to hide his own fear were crumbling. He was both literally and figuratively torn between joining Arris on his quest for the sake of his safety or hiking it back to the hospital room to ensure his own safety.

"Okay... do what you gotta do. I'm heading back. I... I can't do this. Sorry," Evan said, solemnly turning on his heel and marching back to Rockie's room, flashlight in hand. He sulked as he walked, battling between self-sympathy and self-loathing, gritting his teeth at his actions. Agh... damn it. That guy's got his head screwed on too tight. I'm tired of being in this damn place altogether. Whoever's in charge of maintaining this place is so fired...

While the view out the window was dark due to the lack of power, the faint moonlight would allow onlookers such as Claire to barely make out a few figures walking outside the hospital, mostly sticking to the shadows closer to the building itself. They seemed to be wearing mostly black, making them difficult to see, though there appeared to be some red patterns on their clothes as well. They simply walked around, loitering outside the building...

"Strange" Claire muttered to herself, but didn't think much more of the people wandering outside.

They're probably just out to fix whatever is wrong.

she reassured herself, thinking hopefully. No reason to get any more worked up about anything. Personally, she was emotionally exhausted.

Claire kept an eye on the group, trying to assess the situation that she walked into. She kept quiet, not having the energy to make a social effort. Especially now.

She felt a pang of fear as Evan volunteered to go with the other guy to check things out. Not that she worried that he wouldn't be safe, but he was the most familiar staple that she had in this group.

Calm down.
Maybe it would have been good to have had dance class today. That would have been a good way to get out all of these nerves.

Claire noticed as Patrick walked over and shifted her attention entirely away from the window. She still didnt know quite what to make of him...

Patrick just walked back to where he was standing next to Claire before but now he had his usual goofy grin instead of the solemn face he wore when he'd started talking. He caught himself once he'd realized the face he was making then raised his eyes thinking the best way to look concerned "Sorry about that" he said quietly "So like I was saying too many variabl- Too many things are happening and I just wanted to know if you were ok?" he waited for a moment trying to find what to say next "There anything you need? If you're hungry there's still some cake left" his smile now much more somber and muted than it way before.

Such a strange group.

Claire was use to groups of mostly girls, just trying to use their strengths to one up each other. She had a couple of true friends in dance, but most weren't sincere like this and just lived behind a mask of smiles. It was always a competition, a vicious social battle. So she could spot insincerity a mile away. And Patrick was now being sincere.

Not knowing how to respond, and emotionally drained, she replied quietly, "Thank you, but I'm okay. It's just all been alot."

Arris and Evan would find that their floor seemed practically empty. The rooms they passed by either empty or were only housing patients. The hospital was nearly lifeless in its current condition. However, the silent air of the hospital was shattered by a piercing scream of agony. It seemed to come from the next floor down, but it still rang out loud enough to be heard. Just as suddenly as the scream began, it stopped, and the eerie silence drifted in once again...

As soon as she seemed to be getting use to her surroundings and mentally gaining control again, she hear the scream.

It was seemed quieter than if it was next door, but still piercing. She jumped.

"Guys..." She said on edge, terrified and borderline panicked again. It wasn't just her that hear that, right?

What is going on??!!

Evan gulped. "Well uh... yeah, I'm sure it's nothing, but... er..." Evan's futile attempts to hide his own fear were crumbling. He was both literally and figuratively torn between joining Arris on his quest for the sake of his safety or hiking it back to the hospital room to ensure his own safety.

"Okay... do what you gotta do. I'm heading back. I... I can't do this. Sorry," Evan said, solemnly turning on his heel and marching back to Rockie's room, flashlight in hand. He sulked as he walked, battling between self-sympathy and self-loathing, gritting his teeth at his actions. Agh... damn it. That guy's got his head screwed on too tight. I'm tired of being in this damn place altogether. Whoever's in charge of maintaining this place is so fired...
"It's fine, I told you to go back to the room anyway, take care of Rockie for me." His voice tried to sound cool and confident, but it didn't really manage it too well, his voice shaking on every syllable. He approached the stairwell, stepping lightly as he could, though his body felt heavy with thoughts that something was really wrong. "Stay calm, Arris. If you freak out, you'll only make it worse. Even though the cell service and land lines.. wait, landlines don't shut down without power, because they have their own separate power for emergencies.. so if they're not ringing.. the lines would have been cut, right? That means something really fishy is going on.." His brain went on, trying to keep himself thinking of reasons to go back, but he knew he had to keep course. Rockie was his number one priority, and knowing if she were in danger or not was more important to him than the fear running down his spine.

"It's fine, I told you to go back to the room anyway, take care of Rockie for me."

Yeah... but who's going to take care of your stubborn butt in case you get yourself in a bind? Evan thought as Arris's last words ran through his head, still processing the validity of his own decision to go back to the hospital room. Agh... today is just the pits.

Eventually, Evan made it back into the room and secured himself back inside with the others. "Hey..." he said. He turned off the flashlight on his phone and pocketed it, taking a seat against the wall. His rubbed his forehead before speaking again:

"Arris is out there looking into the scream. I told him to come back but you know how he is... he just wants to make sure Rock is fine... Cuz you know..." Evan continued, he was trailing off on his words and clearly too dejected to converse further on the matter.

Before the power madness, Jacob has awoken in the hospital after being knocked unconscious after his fight club session. The nurse comes by his room to check on him. "Ugh. . . how did I get here Nurse?" He asked as he rubbed his throbbing head. "Well. . . For the umpteenth time, you gotten in another fight with someone and got knocked unconscious. Someone saw you on the ground and called the emergency services." She replied while checking his vitals.

Jacob groaned in annoyance as he became impatient. "Are we done here? Don't wanna be stuck in this place. It reeks of cleanliness and death." The nurse looked at him in annoyance. "If you comply more often, discharges would be more swift." After checking his vitals, she jots a few notes down on her clipboard. "Everything's fine for now. Just bruises and cuts which we have stitched up. The doctor will see you in a few minutes to discharge you." The nurse said as she left. "Finally. . ." Jacob said as he sighed. ". . . Where's the fuckin' bathroom?"

Jacob snuck out of the room to find the restrooms in the hallways. After finding and utilizing the restrooms, he checked the mirror to view his current state. He has a new scare on his right cheek, bruise mark around his eye that was already covered by his eyepatch. "Damn. . . Those idiots got another thing coming once I see them again." He takes his eyepatch off revealing a dark teal iris. "God. . . I look fucking ridiculous as is. I gotta consider contacts." Jacob put his eyepatch back on and emptied his pockets. "Let's see. . . Got my smokes, knife. . . Surprised the nurse hasn't found it." he muttered as he took a drag out of his carton.

As he put his cigarette in his mouth, the hospital's power went out. The bathroom became dark in an instant and everything was silent. A few seconds later, a strike sound echoed while the amber flame from Jacob's lighter illuminated the room. He took a deep breath and let the smoke out. Suddenly, his nerves became unsettled after hearing a piercing scream that penetrated the bathroom walls. Jacob only uttered one word. ". . . Shit."

Last edited:
(Sorry about the long wait, I was going to wait for others to post then got busy)

As Arris continued down the stairwell and into the dark hall, the noises became more apparent. It was almost as though each step he took would elicit more pained screams or garbled shouts. Many weren't as loud as the one from before, but the noise was more clear than it had been from upstairs. Soft crying came through a few shut doors, almost entirely drowned out by the chaos that came from further down the hall. There was also a faint light coming from one of the rooms in the distant, flickering at an inconsistent pace. An awful stench flowed through the room; a horrid mixture of vomit and blood invaded the nostrils of anyone who would step into the hall. Regardless, the hall itself remained empty aside from Arris, providing him and Jacob the opportunity to investigate if they wanted to risk it...

Back in the room upstairs, Rockie's face drained of all its color. "Arris went downstairs? Alone?" She began to tremble. "He... he's so stubborn..." She struggled to sit up and swing her legs off of the bed while she grabbed her crutches. "I can't let him go alone! I have to be there with him..."

"Hey..." he said. He turned off the flashlight on his phone and pocketed it, taking a seat against the wall. His rubbed his forehead before speaking again:

"Arris is out there looking into the scream. I told him to come back but you know how he is... he just wants to make sure Rock is fine... Cuz you know..." Evan continued, he was trailing off on his words and clearly too dejected to converse further on the matter.

Claire was slightly surprised by Evan's quick reappearance, and even more surprised that the guy he left with wasn't with him. He went after the scream alone? That didn't seem like a good idea at all. She started to wonder about the intelligence of this group...

Back in the room upstairs, Rockie's face drained of all its color. "Arris went downstairs? Alone?" She began to tremble. "He... he's so stubborn..." She struggled to sit up and swing her legs off of the bed while she grabbed her crutches. "I can't let him go alone! I have to be there with him..."

She silently agreed with Rockie's statement about Arris being stubborn, but wasn't down for letting the crippled wander around and look for him in the dark. But she barely knew her. She waited for another member of the group to speak first before voicing her concerns.

(Sorry about the long wait, I was going to wait for others to post then got busy)

As Arris continued down the stairwell and into the dark hall, the noises became more apparent. It was almost as though each step he took would elicit more pained screams or garbled shouts. Many weren't as loud as the one from before, but the noise was more clear than it had been from upstairs. Soft crying came through a few shut doors, almost entirely drowned out by the chaos that came from further down the hall. There was also a faint light coming from one of the rooms in the distant, flickering at an inconsistent pace. An awful stench flowed through the room; a horrid mixture of vomit and blood invaded the nostrils of anyone who would step into the hall. Regardless, the hall itself remained empty aside from Arris, providing him and Jacob the opportunity to investigate if they wanted to risk it...

Arris' eyes burned with the awful smell, and at an instant, he knew that something was absolutely wrong. His eyes quickly snapped to the light. "That idiot, whoever they are, are gonna get themselves killed if they keep that thing on." He took his thoughts and shoved them down as he headed towards said room, stepping lightly to avoid sounding any sort of alarm.

Sora nodded. She was still quiet, terrified...but then Rocky tried to get up. The girl instinctively rose from Alice's grip - against her own wants - and grabbed Rocky, not letting her get up.
"N-No...y....you're n....not strong enough....y...yet!" She managed. "Please..."

When Juju opened his eyes, he felt his sticky sweat grow colder yet more profuse as he saw a lot more darkness than he expected.

"Could this be divine punishment for how I've been trying to flirt with all those nurses?" he asked himself, his question echoing throughout the darkened waiting area.

As far as he remembered, he had been napping again in the large yet understaffed hospital. He had taken a nap on a connected row of mostly metal chairs, leaving his janitorial cart of cleaning equipment beside said row, confident that he had picked up all the trash and mopped out all the dust he needed to deal with.

Well, that, and the sexy nurses he liked to flirt with were all busy. Said nurses were few, and considering his observations from past jobs, the sexy ones were always the busy and/or stressed ones.

None of them accepted his advances yet, though. Was it because he was a lanky guy who looked like an insect? Or was he hitting on them too hard? He was pretty smooth with his delivery of remarks like "Hey, you look like you work out pretty well," but he often ended up getting glares from them. Frankly, it was annoying that they didn't like getting his honest praise, and even more annoying was how they were on-call and/or actively avoiding him.

But with a sigh, Juju let go of that line of thought for now. There were more pressing matters, like the strangely dark and silent room and corridors. If there were people doing stuff, then they were probably very far away from his hearing.

And then he heard it.

"A scream?" he noted with confusion, swinging his head around slowly as he tried to get a feel for where the sound was bouncing from. He also felt himself shudder, ending up saying "Man, those hot gals are probably dealing with it now, hahaha..." as an attempt to keep himself calm.

Still, Juju stood up and walked, feeling as if staying in one place would mean a lot more danger.

He then went for the stairs, going down and leaving the cart which he usually brought with him to the elevators.

Back