Side Story No Honor Among Thieves

❝ Uh huh, so when do we get to the important stuff, huh? As a representing commander of Team Galactic, I really don't have all day to sit around and waste time. ❞

Raising a brow when the redhead known as Mars spoke, he turns to her and the strange, small tiger creature that was resting on the table in front of her. Scourge simply shrugs, his attention returning to Bowser.

NQkVatw.jpg

"The broad here got a point," the hedgehog gestures a thumb to the Team Galactic commander, "you expect us to go along whatever plan ya got cookin' up, Turtle Boy, you don't waste our time. Hell, you're lucky we don't beat the shit outta your boys here."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver

a46d45a527658c0fb93f1728073dbe9e.jpg

❝ Uh huh, so when do we get to the important stuff, huh? As a representing commander of Team Galactic, I really don't have all day to sit around and waste time. ❞ Mars finally spoke up, having been quiet for the entire time she's been waiting around. She didn't really feel like mingling with these... other misfits. Her Purugly had made itself comfortable on the table in front of her in the meantime.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Ver @Rwac96 @Takumi @Chaos Sphere

Having quieted during most of the arguing and whatnot, having no interest in it, Plumeria rose a brow once Bowser finally did show up. It was about time.

"Team Galatic, huh?" Plumeria spoke up, eyeing both Mars and her Purugly for a moment. To Plumeria, Mars' fashion sense was kind of lame, but it wasn't the worst thing she'd ever seen.

"Can't say I don't disagree with her." The dual haired trainer scoffed, gaze landing on their host as he pretty much took in everyone in the room.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @Ver @Everyone

View attachment 10903

"..."

If it wasn't the appearance of the matador skeleton itself, it was perhaps his words that caused Vergil to pause when he was in the middle of walking out. He may have had no skin, but it seemed the skeleton's brain was more advanced than it seemed from the outside. Not even the standoffish swordsman could immediately find fault in that logic, loath as Vergil was to admit anyone had any sway over him.

Still, he paused just long enough for Bowser himself to appear before everyone, eyeing everyone up by the feel of it. Raising a hand to slick his hair back, Vergil turned around, no longer intent on leaving for the time being. Not one to waste his words, let alone repeat himself, he let the others around him voice their discontent with the situation.

So, he said nothing, letting the others voice their sentiments. In the meantime, Vergil simply strolled back to the chairs, not taking a seat again, instead simply standing up in front of a seat, not one to get comfortable so easily again.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @Everybody

"That's right I'm Bowser king of the Koopas!" Bowser remarked to Dark Meta Knight. "And unlike some of you," Bowser bellowed at Scourge. "I got a kingdom to look after...what's left of it anyway." Then after that more verbal abuse was thrown his way. Keen members at the table noticed a twitch in Bowser's left eye. Instead of exploding, however, he took a deep breath before first addressing Scourge again.

"Well I didn't come running when I sent out the summons," Bowser eyed the green hedgehog with a knowing look. "But you did! So I guess that means you were curious enough to see what I had up my sleeves to come and listen, eh? So quit your bellyaching!" He then pointed an accusing finger at Mars. "That goes double to you missy! If you weren't desperate and had other things to do you wouldn't be here to begin with!"

"Look," The bearded man spoke up next. "I've managed to carve a little slice of this world for my own. The only reason I'm here is that I'm looking for vengeance and information. Doesn't have to be in that particular order, but the longer I'm going to stay here that slice is being run by literal braindead idiots. So, to echo everyone else. Let's get this shitshow on the road alright?"

"Fine, fine!" Bowser shouted as he grabbed a stack of papers from inside of his shell. "I had this entire speech planned but if you're busy." He flipped through the pages for a moment before he smirked. "Funny that you mentioned slice...what if I told you that I've found something that will give us the whole damn pie to ourselves? And," His eyes specifically went to Vergil and Matador before stopping at the bearded man. "And everything else you'd ever dreamed of?"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

"That's right I'm Bowser king of the Koopas!" Bowser remarked to Dark Meta Knight. "And unlike some of you," Bowser bellowed at Scourge. "I got a kingdom to look after...what's left of it anyway."

The green-furred speedster clicks his tongue, as he remembered that the Eggman-Wily team-up had wreaked havoc on many places. Scourge moves his index finger and thumb together as if he was playing a very small violin. Looking at the Koopa through his red sunglasses, the hedgehog gives him a small sneer.

CEvJc7x.jpg

"You ain't the only one with wrecked shit," the Moebian says, gesturing a thumb at himself. "Rofatass and his new butt-buddy robbed me the opportunity to get payback against the asshat traitors on my world and Mobius." Scourge explained rather rudely, as he made mention of one of the scientists; hence the jab at his weight.

"Well I didn't come running when I sent out the summons," Bowser eyed the green hedgehog with a knowing look. "But you did! So I guess that means you were curious enough to see what I had up my sleeves to come and listen, eh? So quit your bellyaching!"

Furrowing his brows, gritting his sharp teeth but he remains seated. The Koopa King did make a point, he had accepted the summons. To his knowledge, he is the only surviving member of both the Suppression Squad and the Destructix. Scourge didn't even know if Fiona was alive or even still an organic Mobian. Though, he did toss her and Flying Frog in the path of the Wily-Egg Forces.

Look," The bearded man spoke up next. "I've managed to carve a little slice of this world for my own. The only reason I'm here is that I'm looking for vengeance and information. Doesn't have to be in that particular order, but the longer I'm going to stay here that slice is being run by literal braindead idiots. So, to echo everyone else. Let's get this shitshow on the road alright?"

"Fine, fine!" Bowser shouted as he grabbed a stack of papers from inside of his shell. "I had this entire speech planned but if you're busy." He flipped through the pages for a moment before he smirked. "Funny that you mentioned slice...what if I told you that I've found something that will give us the whole damn pie to ourselves? And," His eyes specifically went to Vergil and Matador before stopping at the bearded man. "And everything else you'd ever dreamed of?"

"The whole damn pie, huh?" The annoyed frown curls into a greedy, plotting smirk. Scourge had many guesses on how the two scientists were able to make the situation they were in possible. The Prime Suspects were the Chaos Emeralds, last time he heard from Sonic that they were reduced to seven back on Mobius. His world, Moebius had many of their own Emeralds; or Anarchy Beryl as they're called. The green speedster cursed himself for forgetting that the Beryl had a negative effect, which lead to his capture and imprisonment in the No-Zone.

MWjC7Nk.jpg

"Go on, your 'majesty'," his smile spreads across his muzzle; as he and possibly many others present had their own goals and ambitions. If the scientists do have the Chaos Emeralds, Scourge could...play along, getting close to the Emeralds, killing Robotnik and this 'Wily' person, getting another Emerald-powered boost, and begin his revenge on Sonic. "We're all ears, right folks?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver

View attachment 10923

"I go where I please. Spare me your grandstanding," Vergil merely said in response to Bowser's initial words, uninterested in whatever the Koopa had to say about his tardiness or the insinuation that he had any hold over Vergil himself. Still, he said little more than that, allowing the alleged king to explain himself and justify why he had held this meeting in the first place.

He made no external reaction toward Bowser's pointed words toward him and the Matador, but of course, if nothing else, the creature had a point. If Vergil had no interest whatsoever in whatever Bowser was selling, he wouldn't have come at all. But whether or not he believed Bowser could make good on his promises? That remained to be seen.

"Talk is easy and cheap, but I suppose even someone like you ought to understand how to back up your bark with a suitable bite," Vergil only remarked. Bumbling as this Bowser might have seemed on the outside, the fact that he was regarded as a king should speak something about him, the young half-demon figured, for better or for worse.

"Speak. And not a wasted second."

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

Dark Meta Knight noticed that Bowser appeared to be quite stressed. He remained attentive to the king's word, preferring not to waste time by causing any unnecessary interruptions. He took subtle glances at those who reacted or responded to parts of Bowser's talk.

"That's right I'm Bowser king of the Koopas!" Bowser remarked to Dark Meta Knight. "And unlike some of you," Bowser bellowed at Scourge. "I got a kingdom to look after...what's left of it anyway." Then after that more verbal abuse was thrown his way. Keen members at the table noticed a twitch in Bowser's left eye. Instead of exploding, however, he took a deep breath before first addressing Scourge again.

"Well I didn't come running when I sent out the summons," Bowser eyed the green hedgehog with a knowing look. "But you did! So I guess that means you were curious enough to see what I had up my sleeves to come and listen, eh? So quit your bellyaching!" He then pointed an accusing finger at Mars. "That goes double to you missy! If you weren't desperate and had other things to do you wouldn't be here to begin with!"

"Look," The bearded man spoke up next. "I've managed to carve a little slice of this world for my own. The only reason I'm here is that I'm looking for vengeance and information. Doesn't have to be in that particular order, but the longer I'm going to stay here that slice is being run by literal braindead idiots. So, to echo everyone else. Let's get this shitshow on the road alright?"

"The whole damn pie, huh?" The annoyed frown curls into a greedy, plotting smirk. Scourge had many guesses on how the two scientists were able to make the situation they were in possible. The Prime Suspects were the Chaos Emeralds, last time he heard from Sonic that they were reduced to seven back on Mobius. His world, Moebius had many of their own Emeralds; or Anarchy Beryl as they're called. The green speedster cursed himself for forgetting that the Beryl had a negative effect, which lead to his capture and imprisonment in the No-Zone.

MWjC7Nk.jpg

"Go on, your 'majesty'," his smile spreads across his muzzle; as he and possibly many others present had their own goals and ambitions. If the scientists do have the Chaos Emeralds, Scourge could...play along, getting close to the Emeralds, killing Robotnik and this 'Wily' person, getting another Emerald-powered boost, and begin his revenge on Sonic. "We're all ears, right folks?"

View attachment 10923

"Talk is easy and cheap, but I suppose even someone like you ought to understand how to back up your bark with a suitable bite," Vergil only remarked. Bumbling as this Bowser might have seemed on the outside, the fact that he was regarded as a king should speak something about him, the young half-demon figured, for better or for worse.

"Speak. And not a wasted second."

"Now, this is highly interesting," the knight remarked, "But as the white-haired swordsman has stated, a proof of this reward's existence is needed to guarantee our stay." Dark Meta Knight felt that whatever the reward will be would be an excellent trophy for his ventures. Perhaps, it may even let him outshine the other masked knight from Dreamland. He is ready to get convinced by whatever plausible follow-up the reptile king would present before the group.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Rwac96 @Lucky @Yun Lee @EveryoneElse

BDSP-Mars-Shocked.jpg

❝ H-Hey! Don't try and t-twist my words! You... you... !!! ❞ Mars burst out in stammering shock over Bowser's claims. However, she stopped herself from continuing on, taking a deep breath. She had to remember that the reason why she was here.

Once she was calmed down, she cleared her throat before saying, ❝ Ahem, go on and elaborate on how this "something" will be beneficial to all of us, then we can talk business. ❞

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Rwac96 @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Everyone

A cocky grin crept up on Bowser's face as everyone turned their attention towards him. "Hehehe, well, what does a ruler need to keep his empire running?"

"Strength," Replied Matador.

"Finances," replied the bearded man.

"Fear," replied Yamada.

"Uh...yeah no you need all of those but that wasn't what I was talking about. What you need is power to keep your operations going! Energy! Steam! Electricity! The whole lot of it! I bet you haven't wondered how those two losers have managed to stretch their power so far with their annoying tin cans. You need a power source!"

A puff of purple smoke revealed a new figure enter the room.

200px-PMTTYD_Kammy_Koopa_Artwork.jpg

"And thanks to your viciousness we've figured it out!"

"I was going to say that!" Bowser bellowed at his minion. "But yeah! I've figured out from where they're siphoning their power! If I- WE take it over those dusty old men will be in the palm of our hands!" Bowser leaned back waiting for the adoration of the people around the table.​

The speedster listens intently, raising a brow at the appearance of a hag-like Koopa witch. The Moebian shrugs this off, listening to Bowser talk about a power source. From his experience with Robotnik, the Chaos Emeralds were involved. Though, Scourge decides to keep the name of the power secret; as he himself has plans for them.

"I was going to say that!" Bowser bellowed at his minion. "But yeah! I've figured out from where they're siphoning their power! If I- WE take it over those dusty old men will be in the palm of our hands!" Bowser leaned back waiting for the adoration of the people around the table.

YW6E3NK.jpg

Lifting up his sunglasses to reveal his cobalt eyes, focused on the Koopa King when he made a slip-up of taking power for himself. The hedgehog sneers slightly, as he could tell that the turtle/dragon hybrid was likely going to double-cross him and everyone else present. Though, if Scourge was in Bowser's position; he'd honestly do the very same thing.

"Right, right," he waves his left hand in a dismissive manner as he gave their host a serious glance. "So, where exactly is their power source? 'Cause your source looks like a friggin' senile hag." Scourge gestures to the elderly minion Bowser had bellowed at earlier.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver @Everyone

The masked dark knight listened attentively to Bowser's talk, from the hook, to the main point, and all the way through the elderly Koopa witch's interruption and the brief yelling that ensued. Although subtle, his increase in interest is noticeable.

"A power source?" Dark Meta Knight lightly shuffled forward on the chair he stood on as his own version of leaning forward, "I would like to know more about the nature of this power source. I shall assume that everyone else is interested to some extent?"

He had envied the Meta Knight of Dreamland for he had a large airship and an army, while he was merely a dark knight in a mirror world who chopped up poor souls in his way. He, too, wanted a massive vehicle to pilot and a group of people to do his bidding. For him, having these makes the spread of one's influence more swift. Should this so-called power source turn out to be perfect for either goal, he has little reason to turn down such an opportunity, although he has to approach everything with care regardless.

He prepared for the response that would follow.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @EveryoneElse

A cocky grin crept up on Bowser's face as everyone turned their attention towards him. "Hehehe, well, what does a ruler need to keep his empire running?"

"Strength," Replied Matador.

"Finances," replied the bearded man.

"Fear," replied Yamada.

"Uh...yeah no you need all of those but that wasn't what I was talking about. What you need is power to keep your operations going! Energy! Steam! Electricity! The whole lot of it! I bet you haven't wondered how those two losers have managed to stretch their power so far with their annoying tin cans. You need a power source!"

A puff of purple smoke revealed a new figure enter the room.

200px-PMTTYD_Kammy_Koopa_Artwork.jpg

"And thanks to your viciousness we've figured it out!"

"I was going to say that!" Bowser bellowed at his minion. "But yeah! I've figured out from where they're siphoning their power! If I- WE take it over those dusty old men will be in the palm of our hands!" Bowser leaned back waiting for the adoration of the people around the table.​

1fb3197f8c166807c7acde7d3cad535b4a5e510c.png

"Uh huh, so you gonna elaborate, or...?" Plumeria huffed out.

Ugh this guy was kind of lame. Plumeria rolled her eyes a bit as he spoke, but listened nonetheless as he and the others started a bit of back and forth. The Koopa king wasn't all that slick, however, since he made quite the slip up when he was talking.

If he expected her to congratulate him on his discovery then it wasn't going to happen, in fact she just rose a brow as she waited for him to elaborate further.

@Jeremi @Ver @Rwac96 @Chaos Sphere @Gummi Bunnies @Everyone

View attachment 10990

"... What a droll idea. Were it so simple," Vergil sardonically said as Bowser laid out his plan, though his sarcastic words were undermined a bit by his own tone, never changing or wavering for a second. However, the young half-demon was no fool, and if the same could be said of the loudmouthed king, that simply meant there was purpose behind his words.

"I take it then, if you mean to propose this idea to us, that you've ascertained the location of this... power source that those two geriatric fools have been relying upon?" He dared to inquire, deciding to play along and steer this exchange where Bowser presumably wished it to, if only in a gesture of playing a longer game.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Chaos Sphere @Rwac96 @Everybody

Agent Stone

Stone has been quietly listening to everything that the other man was saying and was quiet for a moment. "I do think power might be important to keep your plans in check, but somehow, I don't think stealing the power from them will be easy. If this Dr.Eggman is as clever and half as insane as my own, he's probably has safeguards and alternative power sources."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Chaos Sphere @Rwac96 @Ver @Everybody

"I do think power might be important to keep your plans in check, but somehow, I don't think stealing the power from them will be easy. If this Dr.Eggman is as clever and half as insane as my own, he's probably has safeguards and alternative power sources."

rs8MGFC.jpg

A snicker escaped Scourge's lips when the silent man spoke up, making the green-furred speedster rub his nose. "RoFatAss tends to get protective of stuff he finds," the green hedgehog spoke up. "From ancient relics to Chaos Emeralds, Hell, the dude was hoardin' a Nuke of all things."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver @Everyone

"Old hag?!" The Magikoopa shouted. "I'll give you something to worry about, you gangrene boob!"

Bowser placed his hand over her head before the situation could escalate. "Save it for later, Kammy! We're in the middle of a meeting here!"

"Oh of course your excellency!" Kammy's muffled voice said from behind his hand.

Bowser started to laugh as the questions started to fly. "Of course! I know where it is! But I'm not going to tell you! I'm the boss so I have all the cards!"

On the table, Bowser folded up a crude map of what seemed to be a city of some sort. "Those scientists build themselves a little city! My scouts say the area is so dark that only the lamps on the street light anything up. But the readings from inside. Gwahahaha! They're off the charts! No real Eggman-Wily coalition presence either! A few squads around the town but the entire place looks like a damn ghost town! And that's why we're going in to clean house! Take it for ourselves and re-route the power for our use! We got the power and they get squat!"

Vergil's already steely gaze only hardened when Bowser refused to give every single detail of his plan away; he resented the idea of being anywhere close to someone else's palm, but in all honesty, he saw the logic. Playing one's cards close to one's own chest was a sign of power, and if nothing else, Vergil could sympathize with the sentiment of wanting to cling on to power for as long as possible.

Not that it would matter in the end if this alliance turned out to be a trap of sorts. Should this all turn out to be a grand deception of sorts, Vergil would only be too happy to use that as an excuse to unleash his wrath upon his enemies.

In any case, he remained silent as Bowser laid out his map of the unfamiliar city. Though Bowser seemed oblivious to the implications of the existence of a ghost town, Vergil chose not to comment on his personal suspicions. Not just yet. If it was a trap, then Vergil need only spring it and power through. If he were to fall to such a ploy, he didn't deserve ultimate power after all. That was simply the way of things.

"I see. Simple enough, not that I might have expected anything else," he breathed, crossing his arms. "And I take it that it is by your design that you don't send your own grunts to attend to this matter themselves?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

As partially expected, information is withdrawn. But with Bowser being the host of the meeting as well as the leader, the knight had no choice but to remain silent and sit on the chair for a bit and think of possible things that could happen in the expected future; eventually leaping onto the top of the table once the turtle king unfurled the map, having the intent to take a better look at the city illustrated in it.

"Are you sure this is guaranteed to go smoothly?" Dark Meta Knight questioned the nature of the so-called ghost town, "There may or may not be someone taking advantage planning to take advantage of the dark, but such guesses are for you to make. You own the house afterall."
He had a feeling that it may be a trap set up by the Coalition: the classic bait and switch. If it does turn out to be a trap in one way or another, he could simply plot an escape or a unleash counter-attack without any hesitation. But for now, playing along and doing things "the Waddle Dee way" does not seem to be a bad idea for him.

Dark Meta Knight would listen to whatever answers, discussions, and banter would eventually follow; jumping backward and landing on his chair silently as to not obstruct everyone else's view of the map in any way for too long.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Ver @Yun Lee @Takumi @EveryoneElse

On the table, Bowser folded up a crude map of what seemed to be a city of some sort. "Those scientists build themselves a little city! My scouts say the area is so dark that only the lamps on the street light anything up. But the readings from inside. Gwahahaha! They're off the charts! No real Eggman-Wily coalition presence either! A few squads around the town but the entire place looks like a damn ghost town! And that's why we're going in to clean house! Take it for ourselves and re-route the power for our use! We got the power and they get squat!"

Cobalt Blue irises glance down at the crudely made map, listening to the Koopa King's plans. Scourge massages the chin of his muzzle, lowering his red sunglasses. His ears twitched, hearing how it sounds simple and easy; but in his experience with any Robotnik; he always seems to have traps. The speedster frowns, clearing his throat rather loudly.

ekyvuH1.jpg

"Simple? Easy?" The Moebian spoke up to those gathered around, "Do you dumbasses hear yourselves?" The villainous speedster folds his arms, "Robotnik likes to pull bullshit. Whatever's there, clearly a frickin' con. Have your boys really looked at the place, Turtle King?"

Matador chuckled at Bowser. "Clearly this is a trap. A show of strength! No one has the true power to conquer them."

"And as for energy," The bearded man replied. "I got all the energy I need."

"I'm sure your little plant is doing great after your four party crashers, Heisenberg," Bowser murmured, finally revealing the name of the scruffy man. "Your little operation is falling apart, and I know that's why you're here!"

"Mental note: get rid of every turtle on my staff," Heisenberg mumbled softly to himself.

Yamada was about to say something but was cut off by Bowser. "And you! You little brat! You're just here so that you can finally play among the big leagues!"

Yamada's seat would rumble wildly but didn't counter and just stared silently at their host. "I know what you're thinking. 'Oh the awesome King of the Koopas doesn't have a clue what he's doing!' well I'm telling ya me and my crew got this locked! The reason I called out to you guys is I'm in need of some real men, and women, of action! I still got the numbers but I'm missing...power." He looked specifically at Vergil when he said that.

"I've covered every ground. Whatever those two geriatrics throw at us we've got covered! Everything's worked out to the smallest detai-"

Bowser was suddenly cut off by the opening of the door the group had entered from. Stepping inside was a mountain of a man holding a tray of cookies.

"I'm sure you're all working really hard so does anyone want a batch of my freshly baked cookies?"

The only reply was an audible groan from Bowser.​

Back