Side Story No Honor Among Thieves

View attachment 11029

"Hmph, perhaps you are smarter than I thought," Vergil only said in response when Bowser remarked about the rest of the group making assumptions about his intelligence, but said nothing more, letting him say his piece. Indeed, the glare was not lost on Vergil when Bowser looked at him pointedly, but he made no other visual cue to give himself away.

Just as everything seemed to click into place however, the young man furrowed a brow as a strange, goat of a man suddenly stepped in with his tray of snacks, inadvertently interrupting the meeting as it were.

Instead of responding directly to the man, Vergil instead merely returned his gaze to Bowser. "... Friend of yours?" He asked dryly.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Everybody

"I'm sure you're all working really hard so does anyone want a batch of my freshly baked cookies?"

The only reply was an audible groan from Bowser.

CEvJc7x.jpg

Scourge rolls his eyes at the appearance of the strange, goat-like monarch. "Fuckin' shit," The green-furred speedster said with an audible groan. "who didn't see the summons."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver @Everyone

Matador chuckled at Bowser. "Clearly this is a trap. A show of strength! No one has the true power to conquer them."

"And as for energy," The bearded man replied. "I got all the energy I need."

"I'm sure your little plant is doing great after your four party crashers, Heisenberg," Bowser murmured, finally revealing the name of the scruffy man. "Your little operation is falling apart, and I know that's why you're here!"

"Mental note: get rid of every turtle on my staff," Heisenberg mumbled softly to himself.

Yamada was about to say something but was cut off by Bowser. "And you! You little brat! You're just here so that you can finally play among the big leagues!"

Yamada's seat would rumble wildly but didn't counter and just stared silently at their host. "I know what you're thinking. 'Oh the awesome King of the Koopas doesn't have a clue what he's doing!' well I'm telling ya me and my crew got this locked! The reason I called out to you guys is I'm in need of some real men, and women, of action! I still got the numbers but I'm missing...power." He looked specifically at Vergil when he said that.

"I've covered every ground. Whatever those two geriatrics throw at us we've got covered! Everything's worked out to the smallest detai-"

Bowser was suddenly cut off by the opening of the door the group had entered from. Stepping inside was a mountain of a man holding a tray of cookies.

"I'm sure you're all working really hard so does anyone want a batch of my freshly baked cookies?"

The only reply was an audible groan from Bowser.

Dark Meta Knight watched Bowser call out some of the people in the room in silence. Just as the meeting appeared to reach its conclusion, his attention was diverted by the spontaneous entrance of a royally dressed goatman.

Upon hearing the mention of cookies, the masked knight slipped out of the chair and trailed towards him like a small fish. "I would like a cookie or two. It's been a while since I've last eaten," he requested in a polite manner, his cape wrapped around himself to hide all but the upper half of his mask.

@Jeremi @Ver @Takumi @Yun Lee @Rwac96 @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @EveryoneElse

"More like unwanted castle crasher," Bowser replied to Vergil. "I got this guys castle fused into mine!" He slammed his foot to the ground. "I thought I told you, Asgore! That you stay on your side of the castle! Specifically when I told you I was going to be busy!"

Asgore chuckled playfully as he handed over a few cookies to Dark Meta Knight. "Well that's exactly why I came! I knew you'd been too busy so I came prepared." The goat man placed the tray of cookies on the table as he started to make his way out. "I'll just leave them there." Asgore gave everyone a thumbs up before he closed the door behind him.

"Ugh...Kammy," Bowser leaned over to his magikoopa sidekick. "Remember to tell the soldiers to change the locks. Anyway, where was I? Right! I'm gonna need an answer. Because we're ready to leave right now! 'Cause the sooner we're off the quicker we'll get those old fools under our thumb!"

@Ver @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi

"More like unwanted castle crasher," Bowser replied to Vergil. "I got this guys castle fused into mine!" He slammed his foot to the ground. "I thought I told you, Asgore! That you stay on your side of the castle! Specifically when I told you I was going to be busy!"

Asgore chuckled playfully as he handed over a few cookies to Dark Meta Knight. "Well that's exactly why I came! I knew you'd been too busy so I came prepared." The goat man placed the tray of cookies on the table as he started to make his way out. "I'll just leave them there." Asgore gave everyone a thumbs up before he closed the door behind him.

The green-furred speedster blinks at the exchange that took place, then listens to the reason for this Asgore's presence. Placing his gloved hands on his abdomen, underneath the scars on his torso; Scourge proceeds to burst out into laughter. Leaning against the table, wiping a tear from his eye as he cackles.

"H-Holy shit, man!" The Moebian says through his fit of laughter, "That's too rich!"

"Ugh...Kammy," Bowser leaned over to his magikoopa sidekick. "Remember to tell the soldiers to change the locks. Anyway, where was I? Right! I'm gonna need an answer. Because we're ready to leave right now! 'Cause the sooner we're off the quicker we'll get those old fools under our thumb!"

NQkVatw.jpg

"Y-Yeah," the hedgehog takes a moment for his chuckling to die down. " 'C-Cause we might get a visit from what next? An obese, old witch?" The former King of Moebius cackles once more, taking another moment to compose himself.

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Chaos Sphere @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Ver @Everyone

After silently but happily receiving the cookies as well as giving back a 'nod' of gratitude, Dark Meta Knight walked back to his chair at a smooth and leisurely pace, taking his time to enjoy the cookies while mostly hidden by his own cape. From what he could hear from Bowser it appears that this very castle was merged with another castle.

"How many other castles are merged with this one, I wonder?" the dark knight asked dryly as he finished the last of the cookies. After consuming his snacks, he jumped back up the chair and made himself comfortable.

"Regardless, I do agree that we should get ready as soon as possible. Mind providing a recap?"

@Jeremi @Lucky @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Rwac96 @Takumi @Ver @EveryoneElse

"... Hmph," Vergil merely uttered, not giving an immediate response to Bowser's ultimate proposal. It wasn't as though Vergil had any greater roadmap to how he would navigate this Melding, and so long as it was clear that he intended to use the king as a stepping stone for his own goals, then perhaps there was no reason to decline... for now.

He just wasn't sure how long this alliance would last. Not out of fear for a betrayal, but rather, how long he would be able to tolerate any insolence from the rest of them.

"Very well. I grow weary of dawdling as it is. Let us make haste then... at your convenience," Vergil said, adding in the latter part half sarcastically.

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Everybody

"Very well. I grow weary of dawdling as it is. Let us make haste then... at your convenience," Vergil said, adding in the latter part half sarcastically.

The last of his chuckling dies down, though he sports that cocky smirk on his muzzle. Adjusting his red sunglasses, and then his leather jacket. Though he could stay and laugh at the absurdity of Bowser sharing a castle with a seemingly soft goat king, Scourge remembers the reason he ran all the way to this building that was set up near a volcano.

YhPUZgQ.jpg

"Spikey's right," the green hedgehog rises from his seat and begins to stretch his legs. "If we want to stick it to Rofatass and Doc Weirdo, then it's time to haul ass."

Though it seems he acted impatient like his heroic double, Scourge was eager to use Bowser and those gathered as a means to grab the Chaos Emeralds. The green-furred speedster was imagining him transforming into Super Scourge again, laying waste to Sonic and all those who have and would stand in his way.

"It's not funny!" Bowser roared at Scourge emphasizing each word with a stomp of his foot that rattled the entire room. "And two castles are more than enough!" He then countered to Dark Meta Knight. He then gave the rest of the group a long hard look before stomped out of the chamber. "Double time!" The king of the Koopas shouted behind him. "We're losing daylight!"

Heisenberg swiped a cookie from the tray before he followed after Bowser and the rest. They were lead through a new part of the castle. The basement area looking quite similar to the other place they entered before they started to move up a set of stairs into the main castle area before they soon reached a hangar where they were met by an impressive sight.

120px-Airship_Bowser_SMO_render.png

A massive airship was getting ready to take off by a large number of Bowser's minions that all stood in ready as they saw Bowser enter the room.

The door on the side of the airship slid open as a flight of chairs allowed the group to enter. Inside they were met with quite a technological marvel compared to the castle they had just been in. "Make yourself at home...BUT don't touch anything, I just had this place cleaned."

"It's not funny!" Bowser roared at Scourge emphasizing each word with a stomp of his foot that rattled the entire room. "And two castles are more than enough!" He then countered to Dark Meta Knight. He then gave the rest of the group a long hard look before stomped out of the chamber. "Double time!" The king of the Koopas shouted behind him. "We're losing daylight!"

The speedster snickers as he proceeds to sprint towards the exit, internally sighing as he and the rest of the others were about to leave the combined castle. Following the Koopa King to a new part of the castle with the group, walking at their pace. For a Sonic, especially one at his full potential (in Scourge's ego-driven mind), it was hell. But, the green hedgehog bit his tongue, but he kept that impatient scowl like any Sonic whenever walking or the concept of slow was involved.

120px-Airship_Bowser_SMO_render.png

A massive airship was getting ready to take off by a large number of Bowser's minions that all stood in ready as they saw Bowser enter the room.

The door on the side of the airship slid open as a flight of chairs allowed the group to enter. Inside they were met with quite a technological marvel compared to the castle they had just been in. "Make yourself at home...BUT don't touch anything, I just had this place cleaned."

Finally reaching the hangar, his cobalt eyes stare at what looks like a massive airship; taking note of the number of Bowser's underlings ready to take off at his command. When the door opened, Scourge simply flaps his left hand like a puppet while taking in the interior of the ship.

"What a surprise," he quips, rolling his eyes underneath his sunglasses. "You sure we won't get detected by one of their junk bots, King Turtle?"

View attachment 11118

"How very gaudy..." Vergil merely grunted as he got his first look at the massive airship that would be transporting them. It was, of course, hardly to the half-demon's taste.

Extravagance and flamboyance was a trait designed to mask incompetence and powerlessness, after all, but he would say no more of it, for the time being. He considered everyone, including Bowser, to be pawns and stepping stones after all, whether they realized it or not, and he would not waste any energy getting too attached to their mannerisms.

As Vergil walked inside, he remained silent, letting Scourge and whoever else do the talking as he instead chose to silently look around, taking in his surroundings while he was here.

This was going to be a long ride...

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Sark

Dark Meta Knight launched himself off his chair and beelined the room's exit, grabbing a cookie mid-flight as he soared silently straight through the door and landing just behind Bowser and Scourge. From there he followed the spike-shelled boss on foot upstairs and to the hangar, expecting something relatively unimpressive. What he ended up seeing was quite better than what his expectations, a large airship that appeared to be quite bright and colorful compared to the rest of what he had seen in the castle so far.

"A visually interesting vessel," the masked knight lightly admired the large airship as he followed behind Bowser and the green hedgehog. A boat of such size is excellent for transporting large objects and intimidating others... But such a vehicle felt unfit for a mission that he assumed would require stealth. He remained silent as he entered the airship, preferring to silently familiarize with his new surroundings.

Whether the travel soon to happen would be a smooth excursion or a rough voyage is completely uncertain, but he hoped for the best.

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Ver @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Sark

"Thanks! Designed this beauty myself!" Bowser exclaimed with a grin, oblivious to the put down aimed at their means of transportation. His attention then went over Scourge who was met with a sneer. "Please! You don't think I have what it takes to fly under the radar?"

As he said that the entire ship started to shake and it seemed like they were taking off. "I'm going to the bridge. 'Cause if I'm not there this entire thing is going to crash into the ground. Walk around but again...don't touch anything." With that Bowser and Kammy left towards the bridge leaving the rest of the group at the main entrance area.

Yamada doesn't say much and starts to look around for any sign of directions. His eyes stops at a sign that seems to say flight deck and starts making his way towards a path of stairs going upwards before vanishing from sight.

Heisenberg meanwhile mumbles something about an engine room and swaggers off as well.

Vergil meanwhile would feel something staring at him intently. In the corner he'd spot the Matador half hidden in the shadows staring at him with his empty sockets.

For the others the ship now seemed to be open to them. They could see members of Bowser's army running about every where doing whatever small busywork that a flying airship needed. There seemed to be some proper signs at the main entrance area as well. A map of the decks like you would see on a pleasure cruise. There seemed to be about five floors in total. Six if you count the flight deck. The Bridge filled the entire fifth floor, as did the engine room on the bottom.

They were on floor 2 at the moment and there seemed to be a few main cabins as well as a main barracks area further down the back. No doubt meant for the rank and file types. The third seemed to be a leisure floor of some sort while the fourth housed the armory and whatever else a king needs for war.

"Thanks! Designed this beauty myself!" Bowser exclaimed with a grin, oblivious to the put down aimed at their means of transportation. His attention then went over Scourge who was met with a sneer. "Please! You don't think I have what it takes to fly under the radar?"

Rolling his cobalt blue irises in response to his answer, Scourge begins to zip around the ship to get a look at every corner. A green blur runs around the large battleship, checking each deck. The villainous speedster saw a majority of Bowser's army performing whatever busywork on the ship. He ran past a map of the decks, then sprints back towards it to get a proper look.

ekyvuH1.jpg

"A pleasure cruise this ain't," Scourge says to himself, remembering they were about to fly over enemy territory. "Cripes, I was king of my whole damn world, then a bitch in the No-Zone, now I'm havin' to work for a mutated turtle. The shit ya do for survival and payback."

As he said that the entire ship started to shake and it seemed like they were taking off. "I'm going to the bridge. 'Cause if I'm not there this entire thing is going to crash into the ground. Walk around but again...don't touch anything." With that Bowser and Kammy left towards the bridge leaving the rest of the group at the main entrance area.

Yamada doesn't say much and starts to look around for any sign of directions. His eyes stops at a sign that seems to say flight deck and starts making his way towards a path of stairs going upwards before vanishing from sight.

Heisenberg meanwhile mumbles something about an engine room and swaggers off as well.

Vergil meanwhile would feel something staring at him intently. In the corner he'd spot the Matador half hidden in the shadows staring at him with his empty sockets.

For the others the ship now seemed to be open to them. They could see members of Bowser's army running about every where doing whatever small busywork that a flying airship needed. There seemed to be some proper signs at the main entrance area as well. A map of the decks like you would see on a pleasure cruise. There seemed to be about five floors in total. Six if you count the flight deck. The Bridge filled the entire fifth floor, as did the engine room on the bottom.

They were on floor 2 at the moment and there seemed to be a few main cabins as well as a main barracks area further down the back. No doubt meant for the rank and file types. The third seemed to be a leisure floor of some sort while the fourth housed the armory and whatever else a king needs for war.

"Well I know I'm not going to check out the bridge for a while." Plumeria huffed with a roll of her eyes. She had enough of Bowser for one day.

Pop!

Arms crossed as she held and ultra ball in hand, the device popped open with a soft click of a button, and out came one of her Pokémon.

"Skree!" Golbat flapped her wings as she appeared beside her trainer, who gave the Pokémon a brief nod before turning to leave the room.

After taking a quick look at the map, she sighed to herself.

There was quite a bit to explore, and since they'd be on this ship for a little while, well, might as well look at as much as she could while they were stuck together. She decided to check out the third floor first, and get that out of the way.

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Chaos Sphere @Everyone

Dark Meta Knight remained silent and began to walk straight to the third floor, hoping to quench his boredom. As he went through halls and stairs, he glanced at every single sign he passed by to familiarize himself with the layout of the first three floors as well as to not get lost in his way. The ship felt slightly bigger than he expected, though he had his doubts about the effectiveness of the ship.

Eventually, he would make his way to the third floor and look around to see if whatever entertainment it has to offer is worth his attention. Perhaps something that would serve as a warm-up of sorts?

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Takumi @Everyone

When instructed not to touch anything by Bowser, Vergil had to hold back a sneer. "I would not dream of it," he only spoke with a muted hint of sarcasm. The young man may not have had quite as big a mouth as his dear brother did, but being twins counted for something.

Once everyone was left to their own devices, the young half-demon was content to wait out the trip, but not even he could ignore the empty stare from the Matador that was also present from the initial meeting. Usually, Vergil imagined he would have ignored any other entity, but he had to admit, the entity standing before him intrigued him, even if only through some bygone curiosity of what kind of creature he was supposed to be. A wayward spirit, a demon of another culture?

With one hand idly resting on his sheathed Yamato and the other hanging by his side, Vergil looked straight at Matador. "Speak. I trust you have something you wish to say to me, lest you would not be glaring at me so impertinently."

@Jeremi @Anyone

Those that made their way towards the third floor quickly found out it was a leisure floor in the broadest of terms. There was a rickety stage in the far right corner with what seemed to be one of Bowser's turtle minions playing a guitar. Badly.

On the other end was a buffet of what you assume was food or had been in food at some point in the time. Most of the Koopa troops on this floor were just staring miserably into their foods at the tables scattered around on the left side.

What caught your attention though was a large bald human laughing away at one of the tables looking very out of place in this see of mushrooms, shy guys and koopas.

@Chaos Sphere @Takumi @ThirdFloor

"What I have to say to you can not be conveyed by words alone," Matador replied to Vergil. "The darkness inside of you is screaming, waiting to be unleashed and perhaps..." The skeleton leaned in close allowing his words to vibrate into Vergil's entire being. "I will be able to see that soon."

@Ver @Rwac96 @SecondFloor

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Gummi Bunnies

The speedster turns away from the map, folding his arms over his chest and lightly tapping his foot. Shrugging his shoulders, Scourge almost takes a running start to take off zipping off to the third floor; likely to find something more entertaining. The second floor seems to consists of cabins as well as the main barracks further down the back. To the Moebian's best guess, it's meant for the rank and file types.

"Boring," Scourge groans, as he turns around and takes off running up the third floor. The hedgehog did want to focus on the kind of vengeance he would wreak upon Robotnik and his new partner, then his payback towards Moebius and Mobius Prime; Sonic being the main target. But, he does like to be entertained and not dwell on plans and goals; the meeting back in the castle was enough at the moment for the green-furred criminal's tastes.

Those that made their way towards the third floor quickly found out it was a leisure floor in the broadest of terms. There was a rickety stage in the far right corner with what seemed to be one of Bowser's turtle minions playing a guitar. Badly.

On the other end was a buffet of what you assume was food or had been in food at some point in the time. Most of the Koopa troops on this floor were just staring miserably into their foods at the tables scattered around on the left side.

What caught your attention though was a large bald human laughing away at one of the tables looking very out of place in this see of mushrooms, shy guys and koopas.

NQkVatw.jpg

"So," the green-furred speedster spoke up as he comes to a screeching halt as he arrived on the third floor. "looks like you found the least mind-numbing section of this rust bucket." His blue irises spot Dark Meta Knight behind the red shades of his sunglasses, then takes notice of Plumeria and her Golbat; which Scourge hasn't seen before.

"Um, hey, pony-tails," The hedgehog points to the bat Pokemon with a raised brow, "The hell kinda bat is that? Never seen a damn thing like that before."

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @ThirdFloor

@Chaos Sphere @Takumi @ThirdFloor

"What I have to say to you can not be conveyed by words alone," Matador replied to Vergil. "The darkness inside of you is screaming, waiting to be unleashed and perhaps..." The skeleton leaned in close allowing his words to vibrate into Vergil's entire being. "I will be able to see that soon."

@Ver @Rwac96 @SecondFloor

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Gummi Bunnies

The speedster turns away from the map, folding his arms over his chest and lightly tapping his foot. Shrugging his shoulders, Scourge almost takes a running start to take off zipping off to the third floor; likely to find something more entertaining. The second floor seems to consists of cabins as well as the main barracks further down the back. To the Moebian's best guess, it's meant for the rank and file types.

"Boring," Scourge groans, as he turns around and takes off running up the third floor. The hedgehog did want to focus on the kind of vengeance he would wreak upon Robotnik and his new partner, then his payback towards Moebius and Mobius Prime; Sonic being the main target. But, he does like to be entertained and not dwell on plans and goals; the meeting back in the castle was enough at the moment for the green-furred criminal's tastes.

NQkVatw.jpg

"So," the green-furred speedster spoke up as he comes to a screeching halt as he arrived on the third floor. "looks like you found the least mind-numbing section of this rust bucket." His blue irises spot Dark Meta Knight behind the red shades of his sunglasses, then takes notice of Plumeria and her Golbat; which Scourge hasn't seen before.

"Um, hey, pony-tails," The hedgehog points to the bat Pokemon with a raised brow, "The hell kinda bat is that? Never seen a damn thing like that before."

@Jeremi @Chaos Sphere @Takumi @ThirdFloor

This place was kind of a dump, though her gaze landed one the bald human laughing away at his own table her brow rose. Scourge's words took attention away from the man and to the green rodent.

"This is Golbat, a Pokémon." She answered simply as Golbat rested on her shoulders.

"Skree!" The bat Pokémon hissed as it flapped it's wings.

"Where I'm from, they're used for all kinds of things; like fighting, farming, transport, and whatnot." She added, placing a hand on her hip as she explained.

"Golbat, and my other Pokémon Sandalit, I use them to protect myself mostly." She shrugged.

@Jeremi @Rwac96 @Chaos Sphere @Third Floor

Back