Northern Kingdom Summons [IC]

Norwaven

Deific Reality
OOC: Profiles must be posted first.

IC:
Trees danced as a strong spring breeze blew over their tops. For some, even the springs in the North were cold. Those who called the Northern Kingdom their home though, it was nice weather and time to start climbing out of their huts. The villages in the North were not as sophisticated as those to the south. However, they provided shelter, among other needs. Ramaka was once such village and it was one of the North's larger villages and a trade hub between the different people of the North. Ramaka was gone, all that remained was a black land of soot and ashes. Curiously only the village was burnt, the surrounding forest was fine.

Edge one of the Wolf people had been the task to investigate the cause. Most assumed it had something to do with the Western Empire. It was assumed only they could or would do something so mysterious. However, they were in the Eastern regions of the Northern Kingdom.

Edge decided to use Fakiur as his home base. He set up a headquarters which was nothing more than a large hut. Fakiur was a lot like Ramaka and because of Ramaka’s sudden disappearance had more business than it could handle. However, that attracted many merchants with better merchandise. Fakiur might be on its way to becoming the most important trade city in the East. The most common race in Fakiur were the Cat People, this was originally a city just for the Cat People. As a result, many homes and places of business were still in the trees. There were more on the ground now, but most of it was new construction like Edge’s HQ hut.

Edge in his investigation had discovered Ramaka was not the only village to have suffered the same occurrence, but they just weren't well known. They had virtually gone unnoticed, they're not trade hubs like Ramaka was. So far he found three others all in the East and near Ramaka, so they were only occurring in this area as far as he knew.

Edge was a Junior War Chief, which in the south meant he was a sheriff with deputies and sent out when law or investigations were needed in the vast north. He could lead the villages in the surrounding areas too. He had the lowest rank which was authorized to do so. It did mean he was an important figure in the North.

As a War Chief, he could hire help and that was exactly what he was doing, he sent out messengers to the surrounding villages to notify them he was looking for a team to investigate what happened to Ramaka. He made no mention about the other villages as Edge did not want others to know and panic as a result. The rumors were around, but there was no need to confirm they were true. He certainly wanted to stop the attacks and save the Peoples, that was his duty. His duty was more than his job it was what the Junior War Chief believed in.

Last edited:
Sivik slid into Fakiur, looking up into the trees, which were chock full of structures. Cat people villages were always fun to see, so different from the village where she grew up.
She came here on word of a team being assembled to investigate the terrible destruction that had befallen Ramaka. It was horrifying, such a large settlement wiped from the land with not a person the wiser. If there was ever a worthy cause, looking into such a tragedy was it.

"Uh, hey! Sir!" she said, waving to a catperson busy loading sacks into a cart. The man looked up and raised a fuzzy eyebrow at her.
"Do you know where I can find War Chief Edge? I'm here to join him! Or, the team! I mean, the team he's assembling to investigate Ramaka," she managed, eyeing the treehouses excitedly. It was hard work climbing trees, coiling her way up in turns, but it was always rather exhilarating. It'd also be fun working her way across the walkways and trusses that spanned the treetops.

"The War Chief is set up over there," the man said, pointing a clawed finger at one of the huts that were firmly on the ground. She drooped a bit. Oh well.
"Thanks!" she replied to the helpful cat person and sped off to the indicated hut. She took a moment to check herself over, making sure her armor was on straight and going over her coils, brushing off the worst of the dirt that had accumulated over the course of the journey. Best to be presentable.

She parted the curtain hanging over the entrance with a hand and poked her head inside.
"War Chief Edge? I'm here to sign up for the team you're assembling."

Interaction: @Norwaven

Edge a male wolf with silver fur and amber eyes noticed that one of the Snake People had come into his hut. She was an outsider here and then stated she was here for the team he was assembling, she didn't state which team. But at the moment Edge was here for the mission to investigate Ramaka so she was likely referring to that. The wolf responded to the Snake.

"Yes, I'm Junior War Chief Edge and it's good to have you on the team. I'll pay you 500 shillings up front. Pending on your accomplishments and how long this mission takes I'll pay you more. Now to brief you on what's expected.

We are investigating Ramaka and we have clues as to what happened to the village. We will be heading their first as it's one of our few leads, we have some others but they are older and I'd prefer not to have to use them because they are likely no longer useful ones. However, it means I have no idea how long this mission will take."

Edge pauses for a moment and looks her over, a warrior or scout most likely, the man surmised, but which?

"So what occupation do you claim? You are the first to respond, so I'll have you if you still want to join after hearing the details, but I need to know what skills you bring to the team as I want to ensure I have the right set of skills acquired before we head out and balanced. Oh and I'll ensure food and lodging is taken care of, that's of course when lodging is available if not you'll need your own gear for camping. I'm a rider and my Tiger is good at hunting so she'll take care of the food for us, it will be mostly meat, if your prefer non-meat food you'll need to bring it yourself."

Sivik nodded along as the War Chief outlined the task and pay, before asking about her skills.

"I'm a Scout by trade, but I can hold my own in a scrap. Normally I'd take care of the hunting myself, but I'm happy to have assistance," she said, giving a nod to the tiger, "Certainly no problems with just meat here."
Snake People were pretty firmly carnivorous, preferring to eat their prey raw and whole, and she wasn't an exception. She could a whole deer in a sitting if she wanted, and be set for a week. She preferred to keep her meals smaller and more frequent, though. She didn't like the extra weight and lethargy that came with a large meal.

"I'm a good tracker and wayfinder. I'm quick, especially through rough terrain. I'd bet I could give your tiger a run for her money in a race through the forest. I'm good with plant life, and should be able to find us medicinal plant and herbs if we need them, or certain kinds of spell components if any of the caster types run out. I suppose I can also supplement our rations with some wild foodstuffs if anyone else would prefer some variety," She took a breath, thinking of anything else she had to offer. "Oh! I'm good and sneaking, and spotting sneaks. If you need someone to keep watch, or 'Scout' a place out without getting seen, I'm your woman!" she finished, doing her best to project confidence.

"I, uh, hope my skills will be useful. I want to help. What happened to Ramaka is terrible. Whatever of whoever did that... we need to stop them," she said, looking the War Chief in the eyes, her neck frills flaring a bit as her gaze burned with passion.

Last edited:
"That's good, I'm sure your skills will prove quite useful, a scout is always welcomed and if you can hunt that must mean your tracking skills are good as well. I imagine will need those first. It may take a bit but I'd to gather more for the team, you are the first to show up. For now I'd like to wait here. There are shops here and of course the forest around this town can be used for hunting and foraging. Or you can choose to wait here with me. I'm currently making preparations for the mission. Lastly," Edge paused and looked at the female and his tiger before looking back at her face.

"Excuse me, but what is your name?" Edge asked wondering what he should call her.

Sivik slapped the side of her head.
"Right! Sorry. I'm Sivik! Sivik Twinscale! Good to meet you War Chief Edge, sir," she said, extending a hand to shake his. "I'll go take a look around the town, if you don't mind. Not real big on sitting around, if I don't need to."

She took a moment, leaning out of the doorway to check the sun's current position. It was around midday.
"I'll check back around sundown? or would you prefer me earlier?"

Back