Of a dead Cult and a Priest

AugapfelDesKoenigs

Priest of my inner Sanctum
Gershom, a name rarely heard and rarely uttered even when it’s bearer was still alive, is all that seemingly has remained of a deity and it’s long-forgotten cult.
The Deity was one of few who reached out to humanity at the same time of the Christian god making his first entrance, unfortunately, Gershom did not attain the fame he had hoped for before Christianity rolled over his small but loyal cult, rendering it extinct after just a couple hundred years of activity.

Gershom watched on for a dozen more years, attempting to achieve some great feat, perhaps defeat a dragon? Challenge the Christian god? That would be a bad idea... He is not desperate enough to create an alliance with Satan either.
As he looked around for opportunities, the deity had to realize that there was no chance for his cult to flourish again, he had even removed the commandment that forbid his followers to enter his temple with dirty feet, that way maybe he could at least appeal to some poor farmers, but even those didn’t care.

Disgruntled Gershom put the commandment back in, after all, he didn’t want to be yet another god of mercy and forgiveness, a cheap copy.
It was then that he decided, it would be best to wait for the whole Christian trend to simmer down, 200-500 years, give or take, shouldn’t take much longer until they will come and look for a new deity to worship.
And so Gershom enchanted an artefact to become his temporary vessel, he had seen djinns do that before and found it quite ingenious!
Everything was perfect, he didn’t make it too hard nor too easy to have someone activate it, just touch the gem in the middle, while there are three candles alight in the room, humans had lots of candles in their houses, shouldn’t be too hard.
He had even added an extra mechanism, whoever looks through the red-tinted glass under those conditions would from then on be his follower, able to hear and see him whenever he wishes, hah!

Just one thing he did not think through; a way for him to get out of the artefact by himself, that, he only realized once he was inside the artefact’s chamber to start and move some furniture and entertainment inside, he would be in there for some time after all.

But now he was stuck in that damned thing and couldn’t even get his books inside, he could only watch on as the centuries passed, several opportunities missed in which he could’ve revived his cult, at this point, he had forgotten himself what it had been about, all scrolls written had been lost in time!

In the 17th century, his seemingly infinite waiting would come to an end when an old man possessing the artefact, thinking it was some kind of family heirloom, became severely ill and decided to FINALLY clean up his attic, donating most of the plunder to the nearby church.
Wait, a church?

Of all places, this was the last one Gershom hoped for himself to end up at, how was he supposed to advertise food to a customer who was already fed? Cursed it is!
Not just that, but if the Christian god saw him here in a box full of trash, caught in his own cage and on the doorstep of one of his thousands of churches… what shame he would feel!

Without expecting it, his fate would be tied to that of a priest in his early 30s, Adoniram, whose curiosity and uh.. Naivety you could call it, led him to activate the artefact one evening.

Even though loyal to his actual god, Adoniram feels forced to help the deity in his mission to revive his cult, however, his lack of world experience or any experience in anything at all that doesn’t involve normal human tasks, proves him to be a quite… difficult left hand to Gershom.

But he has no other choice, Adoniram will have to serve as his representative, even if he is terrible at it…

Adoniram

Gershom in his usual appearance

Gershom in his true form as a deity

Some bullet points to explain everything and see if you qualify

-I imagined myself to play as Gershom, while my partner would take on the role of Adoniram.

-18+ only, violence and/or sexual content are no promise but it can and most likely will come up in some way or another.

-We can write here, but email and google docs are preferred.

-Please no excessive edginess, I like realistic character interaction and progression.

-Very light magic does exist, but it's not really graspable for humans without the help of a deity, and even Gershom as a deity, uses it sparingly.

-I do like MxM so if that is your thing too, romance might be a possibility, however only if it comes naturally between the characters, I don't like just pushing them together for the sake of it, ugh.

PM me if you are interested, I await your messages!

Back