Akashic Arcana Of Ayakashi and Yuhime

JessieJames

Dream as if you were dying.
The golden rays of the rising sun peered in through the parted curtains of the dorm room's main window sending shafts of amber light crawling over the ceiling and far wall. White hair cascaded across the navy blue, forest green and crimson pillows some her own while the rest belonged to the two other inhabitants of her bed. Soft ivory colored fur brushed her bare legs as the owner nuzzled closer to her back his hot breath tickling her neck pushing her tighter between himself and the other male in the bed.

This other male held her attention currently. His face was gentle in his sleep. Gone was the trademark grin that promised pain and torture to the poor soul who happened to cross paths with him replaced by a relaxed expression she couldn’t help but feel she was lucky to see. Her mind nearly instantly pulled her into the past where she had met the great dragon with no name.

It had been her 12th birthday. Wanting to stay out of the way of the adults that were getting everything prepared she has slipped out into the vast gardens of the estate to play with a few low level ayakashi she knew to be harmless. The ball they had been kicking back and forth had sailed over a line of tall hedges from a rather powerful kick from Yuhime. Feeling guilty about it she went to fetch the stray object. What she hadn’t known is that that shrubbery had hidden a great Rose Seal that had become weakened with time and from being forgotten. As she pushed free to the other side she was captured into a pair of arms.

“Finally one on of you silly shit’s came to check if I was still sealed away,” The rough dry cackle that the being gave as he pulled the child to him. Made her shiver as she tried to stay as still as possible. Yuhime hadn’t known what sort of beast had been sealed behind the hedge but was willing to bet it had been a nasty one to be sealed on Kamui land. Swallowing slightly she let her gaze take in the beast that held her.

To her it wasn’t a beast in the least. Just a man who clearly was lonely and disliked being forgotten. His long choppy white hair was like her own but messier from not being cared for far longer than hers which had come undone from the low pony tail it had been pulled into. His angular face was framed in ruby red scales and a matching set of horns crowned his head. She noticed that one of the horns had been broken causing her heart to clench slightly at the sight. Where had it been taken?

Narrowed golden eyes stared down at her their cat like pupils expanding before narrowing every now and then as they took in her as she took in their owner. He was dressed in tattered robes with no armor confusing her a bit more. Most ayakashi that were sealed, were in the act of fighting off the onmyoji who was doing it. This one did seem to have done that.

You look just like Hiroshi but are too young to be him…” He growled lightly at her as he leaned down to sniff at her, “Who are you boy?

I’m not a boy!” She huffed at him sharply. How dare he assume she was a boy! Crossing her arms she turned her head to the side so she wasn’t looking at him. It wasn’t the first time she had been called a boy after all the family tended to dress her in boy’s yukata and kimono during formal occasions. She didn’t mind normally as it was a little more comfortable than girl’s clothing.

Well ‘not a boy’ I’m done playing with you. From this day on you will be my slave, little onmyoji. Perhaps then you can repent for what your ancestors did to me,” The white haired ayakashi growled dropping the child to the ground with little care.

Yuhime gave a sharp yelp as she landed wrong on her wrist and felt a sharp pain in her forearm. Tears spilled from her eyes as she took a deep breath to keep from screaming out in the pain she felt, “My arm is hurt…” She told herself softly as she carefully pulled the injured limb to her stomach to cradle it safely to her, “Can you please help me get back to the main house? I’m tired of playing games for today.

A golden eye blinked down at the child for a moment before a sigh escaped him showing a set of impressive fangs before he crouched next to her so he could look her a bit closer. Her large silver blue eyes stared at him with an almost tired appearance, “What are you called child?

I’m Yuhime,” She murmured softly still taking deep breaths to keep her mind of the fractured arm she cradled to her, “And you are?

The ayakashi seemed to ignore her question as he carefully picked her up and with a flash of movement sailed over the hedge towards the main house of the estate. It surprised her a bit that he seemed to know his way about as if he had been there thousands of times. He set her down on the porch just as the current head of the household stepped out of the room just beyond the expanse of wood.

Kumi Kamui was a gentle enough looking priest. His dark brown gaze and salt-peppered hair only seemed to add in his appearance as a caring person who looked at the world through wise eyes. He was dressed in the traditional shinto garb minus the tall hat. Kumi had said he hated the thing and would only wear it during ceremonies.

Oh my it seems Yuhime has gone and injured herself yet again,” He sighed softly before letting his gaze dance to the ayakashi that still stood before the young girl, “I hope she wasn’t too much trouble, Ayakashi-sama.

Said ayakashi scoffed slightly at the man before he took Yuhime’s injured arm in his grasp and bent to place his open mouth over the injured area. It felt like fire was being pushed into her very bones causing her to whimper softly and attempt to draw her arm back. A moment later he let her pull it back. No pain shot up her arm. Not even the lingering tenderness she had come to expect when injured.

What did you do?” She asked.

I simply healed you, Yuhime,” He huffed before straightening up and turning around.

Wait!” She called out, “Who are you first? I haven’t seen your description in any scrolls before. I have so many questions. Can you please stay and answer them please?

The white haired creature turned and looked at her, “I am a dragon without a name,” He states before vanishing in a swirl of fire in colors she had never seen before. Black and silver blue. Like her eyes.

A dragon without a name. If I see you again I’ll name you.” She promised the wind.

Back