Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, if these...Lance Brothers are the ones causing trouble in the pass, then I suppose it's our job to stop them," Karin said, walking up to the snowbank and sweeping her foot against it. Sure enough, there were a few more mousetraps lying in wait, but no notes seemed to be attached. "With any luck these traps of theirs are on par with whatever else they have in store."

Anna had managed to get the mousetrap off by now and buried her fingers in the snow. "Ugh, I sure hope that isn't broken," she groaned. "I doubt we have any healers waltzing around..."

Cadpar shrugged apologetically. "Yeeeaaah, my professor never had me go to choir practice much. If my buddy Lin were here though, he could patch you up! He's like the best healer ever!"

"So, once she finishes coolin' off that injury, are we gonna get a move on?" Birdie got up, not wanting to risk setting off a mousetrap himself. "I'm lookin' forward to givin' them brothers a thrashin'."

---

The Rawst Berry had a decent taste, slightly bitter but not nearly as flavorful as the Cheri Berry given to Paula. That one was very spicy. Meanwhile, the juice Quiet would absorb, if she were able to taste flavors, would be quite sweet. Unlike Angel's Oran Berry, these would have no real effect on anyone consuming them.

"I'll be fine, thank you," Hubert said, a look of grim resignation on his face as he realized Angel would not be leaving him alone anytime soon. "Though it may do us some good to bring a few for our journey, Iroha."

"If you say so!" Iroha smiled and shook the tree vigorously, and a variety of Berries of all colors and shapes fell. The msid started gathering them up. "Reds, greens, blues, yellows, pinks...I suppose the colors give hints to what the flavors are? And I hear they can be used for a variety of ailments. I wonder which does what..."

@Jeremi @Lucky @amwexia @Takumi @Raynar Saassin @Sark @Gummi Bunnies

"If nothing else," Hilda added. "Wherever these Lance Brothers are it's definitely warmer than here, right? So let's find them first and see if they know something!"

"Well we can always try them when we walk!"
Angel replied snuggled up under Hubert's cape. "...Where are we heading off anyway?"

"Well, if these...Lance Brothers are the ones causing trouble in the pass, then I suppose it's our job to stop them," Karin said, walking up to the snowbank and sweeping her foot against it. Sure enough, there were a few more mousetraps lying in wait, but no notes seemed to be attached. "With any luck these traps of theirs are on par with whatever else they have in store."

Anna had managed to get the mousetrap off by now and buried her fingers in the snow. "Ugh, I sure hope that isn't broken," she groaned. "I doubt we have any healers waltzing around..."

Cadpar shrugged apologetically. "Yeeeaaah, my professor never had me go to choir practice much. If my buddy Lin were here though, he could patch you up! He's like the best healer ever!"

"So, once she finishes coolin' off that injury, are we gonna get a move on?" Birdie got up, not wanting to risk setting off a mousetrap himself. "I'm lookin' forward to givin' them brothers a thrashin'."

---

The Rawst Berry had a decent taste, slightly bitter but not nearly as flavorful as the Cheri Berry given to Paula. That one was very spicy. Meanwhile, the juice Quiet would absorb, if she were able to taste flavors, would be quite sweet. Unlike Angel's Oran Berry, these would have no real effect on anyone consuming them.

"I'll be fine, thank you," Hubert said, a look of grim resignation on his face as he realized Angel would not be leaving him alone anytime soon. "Though it may do us some good to bring a few for our journey, Iroha."

"If you say so!" Iroha smiled and shook the tree vigorously, and a variety of Berries of all colors and shapes fell. The msid started gathering them up. "Reds, greens, blues, yellows, pinks...I suppose the colors give hints to what the flavors are? And I hear they can be used for a variety of ailments. I wonder which does what..."

Hoku didn't mind the bitter taste all too much. It wasn't the worst thing he's had to eat so far at least.

"Oran berries like the one Ms. Angel ate are used for healing, Cheri berries like the one I gave Paula are used for paralysis, Pecha berries are used to treat poison. Rawst berries, like the one I just ate, are used for burns." Hoku spoke, head tilted slightly as he thought of each berry that they've seen so far and did his best to remember what each one did.

"Some berries can even be used to defrost Pokemon, I've heard. I only pay close attention to the berries I listed, however." He concluded.

@Yun Lee @amwexia @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Sark

Ness

"Actually,I know how to do some healing. It's what I am really good at. I even brought my friends back from the dead once or twice. It takes a lot of psychic power to do, but if it is a minor injury, I can use some minor healing to fix it. Can I see how badly t looks?"
He asked, knowing that seeing her hand would help him to asses what level of healing she needed.

Paula

" This berry is very good and spicy. I think it might be a good idea to take some with us. We have no clue what we might encounter along the way and while I have some food and teddy, hunger will still affect me greatly,"
she replied.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Everyone

❝ Well, one way to find out. If we're lucky, these traps might as well lead us to them outright. ❞ Claude remarked, figuring that its best that they press on soon. The cold wasn't something he was used to yet.

❝ Hmmm... I wonder if I can use those berries for something else. Like... uh, combining them with something else so that I can use them as special pellets for my slingshot! ❞ Morgana came up with a peculiar idea after taking a good look at the berries.

@Yun Lee @amwexia @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Sark

"A werewolf, eh?" Birdie chuckled. "At least be able to walk the walk if you're gonna talk the talk! Now, me? Don't mean to brag, but I could take a whole pack a' wolves with one hand tied behind me back!"

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Karin said. "Ness, how about you and Anna sit down for a bit on the cart? I'm sure she'll appreciate the help."

"Like any proper businesswoman, I'm insured," Anna replied, sitting down and extending her bad hand towards the boy. "But...try to be gentle, okay?"

With nothing much else in the area to worry over, the group pressed on. Their trek carried them over snowy hills and pathways, until they found their path blocked by a colossal haystack. It towered over them, at least twice the size as Birdie. There was a note taped to it.

---

"If you say so!" Iroha gave the little cat a few berries, some small brown ones that looked like seeds themselves. "I think we should press on, if we're all ready."

The city of Snowpoint was surrounded by thick forests even before The Melding, but with this new world order came an even denser plane. Trees towered overhead, covering the group in almost complete darkness, though this was aided somewhat by a fire spell Hubert cast to make something of a makeshift torch from a branch on the ground. Iroha walked ahead, blades drawn as they walked through the forest. "Stay on your guard," she whispered. "Hubert...was the forest this quiet when you were here?"

"I recall the occasional wildlife here and there," he replied in a hushed tone. "A few birds, perhaps. Either they've all gone into hiding...or the monster made quick use of them."

@Jeremi @Lucky @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Raynar Saassin @Sark

Ness

Ness would take a moment to compose himself and climb into the cart. He had never thought that his power as a healer would help him as well. He would gently touch her hand. " This shouldn't hurt you at all. I am going to channel some of my PSI into your hand. I generally do it to heal big things, but I imagine I can certainly try to focus smaller," he replied. Once they got to the hay barrelll, he would look up. " What does the note say?"

Paula

Paula looked at the ground for a moment. " Well, that might be a problem if they are gone. Something must have hurt them. I hope we aren't entering a trap."

@Jeremi @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Takumi @Raynar Saassin @Sark

"A werewolf, eh?" Birdie chuckled. "At least be able to walk the walk if you're gonna talk the talk! Now, me? Don't mean to brag, but I could take a whole pack a' wolves with one hand tied behind me back!"

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Karin said. "Ness, how about you and Anna sit down for a bit on the cart? I'm sure she'll appreciate the help."

"Like any proper businesswoman, I'm insured," Anna replied, sitting down and extending her bad hand towards the boy. "But...try to be gentle, okay?"

With nothing much else in the area to worry over, the group pressed on. Their trek carried them over snowy hills and pathways, until they found their path blocked by a colossal haystack. It towered over them, at least twice the size as Birdie. There was a note taped to it.

---

"If you say so!" Iroha gave the little cat a few berries, some small brown ones that looked like seeds themselves. "I think we should press on, if we're all ready."

The city of Snowpoint was surrounded by thick forests even before The Melding, but with this new world order came an even denser plane. Trees towered overhead, covering the group in almost complete darkness, though this was aided somewhat by a fire spell Hubert cast to make something of a makeshift torch from a branch on the ground. Iroha walked ahead, blades drawn as they walked through the forest. "Stay on your guard," she whispered. "Hubert...was the forest this quiet when you were here?"

"I recall the occasional wildlife here and there," he replied in a hushed tone. "A few birds, perhaps. Either they've all gone into hiding...or the monster made quick use of them."

"Oh boy, I guess I could do something..." Hilda lamented as she jumped off the carriage to go and read what the note said. As she did though she kept her eyes open for any more of those traps they had stumbled upon earlier. Now no one can complain that she didn't do something on the entire trip.

"If they hurt any sweet animals,"
Angel replied. "I'll pull their heads off and shove them back down their throat." Angel looked around after she said that and grinned. "You know, in a playful way!"

"Woah!" Anna moved her fingers, amazed. "Thanks a bunch, kid! Healing spells at home don't do that little trick justice..."

Hilda would find the note said:

Hello once again, my little court jesters!

If you're reading this, I guess you really wanna get thrashed, huh? If my mousetrap couldn't stop you, then I know THIS will! Your first puzzle is: to find the needle in the haystack! You'll spend hours picking every piece of hay aside, trying to find the needle, and guess what? You won't even be able to get through without it! And you may not even want to...because let me tell you, the traps and tricks ahead are even WORSE! You'll miss the hay when you see 'em!

XOXO, Super Lance Bros

"Aw, man..." Caspar sized up the hay. "That's gonna take forever!"

---

"Hmph. You know, I find decapitation to be a bit boring, myself." A sinister smirk formed on Hubert's face. "If you truly wish to be playful, it's far more fun keeping them alive as long as you can."

"Can we focus on keeping ourselves alive, please?" Iroha asked, giving a pointed glance to Paula as if to say, Not in front of the little girl. "Maybe they did all just run away..."

CRACK! A loud noise (probably amplified in the silence) echoed in everyone's ears. The source seemed to be directly under Angel's foot...

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @amwexia @Sark @Raynar Saassin

"Woah!" Anna moved her fingers, amazed. "Thanks a bunch, kid! Healing spells at home don't do that little trick justice..."

If you're reading this, I guess you really wanna get thrashed, huh? If my mousetrap couldn't stop you, then I know THIS will! Your first puzzle is: to find the needle in the haystack! You'll spend hours picking every piece of hay aside, trying to find the needle, and guess what? You won't even be able to get through without it! And you may not even want to...because let me tell you, the traps and tricks ahead are even WORSE! You'll miss the hay when you see 'em!

XOXO, Super Lance Bros

---

"Hmph. You know, I find decapitation to be a bit boring, myself." A sinister smirk formed on Hubert's face. "If you truly wish to be playful, it's far more fun keeping them alive as long as you can."

"Can we focus on keeping ourselves alive, please?" Iroha asked, giving a pointed glance to Paula as if to say, Not in front of the little girl. "Maybe they did all just run away..."

CRACK! A loud noise (probably amplified in the silence) echoed in everyone's ears. The source seemed to be directly under Angel's foot...

CHRISTOPHER

“Step back, everyone, I got this!” Christopher says, before pulling out his whip, the legendary Vampire Hunter.

He cracks the whip towards the giant haystack, a fireball lunging towards the bales of hay. Before long, hopefully, the entire haystack was burning!

—-///—-///—-///—-

QUIET

As soon as the cracking sound rang out, Quiet leveled her gun at Angel’s feet, if only to inspect closer. She wanted to see if the ice was cracking, and if it was caused by Angel or someone else.

@Yun Lee @EveryoneElse

"Ooooh lousy!" Hilda exclaimed pondering the situation. "I know!"

YaASt4Y.png

"Let's try and set fire to everything! The needle won't burn up and it will be a lot easier to find it without a haystack."

Angel gave Hubert a few friendly pats on his cheek. "Oh you dummy. That's the last thing I do! First I'll snap every bone in their body an-!"

*CRACK*

The sound echoed around them. Angel still had that friendly grin on her face. "Oh boy! What did I win?" She looked down at her feet to see what she had stepped on.

Last edited:

XOXO, Super Lance Bros

---

Hoku grunted, his ears twitching at the sound. The Lucario glanced down at Angel's feet to see what she stepped on, though moved closer to Paula almost protectively.

CHRISTOPHER

“Step back, everyone, I got this!” Christopher says, before pulling out his whip, the legendary Vampire Hunter.

He cracks the whip towards the giant haystack, a fireball lunging towards the bales of hay. Before long, hopefully, the entire haystack was burning!

—-///—-///—-///—-

QUIET

As soon as the cracking sound rang out, Quiet leveled her gun at Angel’s feet, if only to inspect closer. She wanted to see if the ice was cracking, and if it was caused by Angel or someone else.

@Yun Lee @EveryoneElse

"Ooooh lousy!" Hilda exclaimed pondering the situation. "I know!"

YaASt4Y.png

"Let's try and set fire to everything! The needle won't burn up and it will be a lot easier to find it without a haystack."

Angel gave Hubert a few friendly pats on his cheek. "Oh you dummy. That's the last thing I do! First I'll snap every bone in their body an-!"

*CRACK*

The sound echoed around them. Angel still had that friendly grin on her face. "Oh boy! What did I win?" She looked down at her feet to see what she had stepped on.

"It seems like you guys think alike, Hilda." Annette chuckled as she placed her hand on her hip.

"I only know wind spells, too bad Marcie isn't here, she could of helped with burning the hay." She added.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Sark

"Is that really the best idea--" but before Karin could even finish the sentence, the hay was all burned up, leaving a tiny sewing needle on the ground. "Oh. Color me surprised." Caspar walked forward and picked up the needle. "Good thinking, Caspar. I'm sure that metal is scalding hot, your armor must be able to withstand it!"

"Huh? Oh. Yeah." He looked down at the needle in his palm, then up at the road ahead. It was a narrow mountain passage, big enough for the cart, but they'd need to exercise caution. Fortunately there seemed to be some sort of building up ahead...

---

What Angel had stepped on turned out to be a large blue barrette. As soon as she saw it, Iroha gasped. "That belongs to Candice!"

"Eh heh heh..more like belonged..."

A demonic voice echoed through the forest, uncomfortably close despite there being no signs of life anywhere but within their group. Even Hubert paled at the sound, grabbing hold of Angel's wrist. "Not. One. Sound."

Iroha looked to him, then to the group, as if asking if they should keep moving or stay in place.

@amwexia @Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @Sark @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies

Hoku grunted, his ears twitching at the sound. The Lucario glanced down at Angel's feet to see what she stepped on, though moved closer to Paula almost protectively.

"It seems like you guys think alike, Hilda." Annette chuckled as she placed her hand on her hip.

"I only know wind spells, too bad Marcie isn't here, she could of helped with burning the hay." She added.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Sark
"Is that really the best idea--" but before Karin could even finish the sentence, the hay was all burned up, leaving a tiny sewing needle on the ground. "Oh. Color me surprised." Caspar walked forward and picked up the needle. "Good thinking, Caspar. I'm sure that metal is scalding hot, your armor must be able to withstand it!"

"Huh? Oh. Yeah." He looked down at the needle in his palm, then up at the road ahead. It was a narrow mountain passage, big enough for the cart, but they'd need to exercise caution. Fortunately there seemed to be some sort of building up ahead...

---

What Angel had stepped on turned out to be a large blue barrette. As soon as she saw it, Iroha gasped. "That belongs to Candice!"

A demonic voice echoed through the forest, uncomfortably close despite there being no signs of life anywhere but within their group. Even Hubert paled at the sound, grabbing hold of Angel's wrist. "Not. One. Sound."

Iroha looked to him, then to the group, as if asking if they should keep moving or stay in place.

"See I told you!" Hilda was happy that it seemed to work. "Oh look up ahead. Is that a building? Will we find these Lance bros there? I have to say I hope they're not there because...they seem pretty annoying."

Angel wasn't going to be deterred by any spooky voices but she yelped in surprised when Hubert grabbed on to her. She didn't expect such a reaction from him of all people. "Who is that?" She hissed through her teeth towards Hubert. "And why are we standing here like sticks in the mud?"

---

"See I told you!" Hilda was happy that it seemed to work. "Oh look up ahead. Is that a building? Will we find these Lance bros there? I have to say I hope they're not there because...they seem pretty annoying."

Angel wasn't going to be deterred by any spooky voices but she yelped in surprised when Hubert grabbed on to her. She didn't expect such a reaction from him of all people. "Who is that?" She hissed through her teeth towards Hubert. "And why are we standing here like sticks in the mud?"

Give me a moment, Miss Iroha. I want to try something before we decide to stay or keep moving.

Hoku tried to mentally speak to her telepathically before took a moment to close his eyes as the appendages on the back of his head stuck out. He tried to see if he could sense any aura signatures outside those in the group, at least as near and far as possible.

"Well there's one way to find out, right?" Annette responded to Hilda as she looked to the building.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

---

Give me a moment, Miss Iroha. I want to try something before we decide to stay or keep moving.

Hoku tried to mentally speak to her telepathically before took a moment to close his eyes as the appendages on the back of his head stuck out. He tried to see if he could sense any aura signatures outside those in the group, at least as near and far as possible.

"Well there's one way to find out, right?" Annette responded to Hilda as she looked to the building.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

CHRISTOPHER

“Well, Miss... uh... Birkin, was it? The only way to find out is to move forward, it’s also the only way, just... in general,” Christopher said to Annette.

—-///—-///—-///—-

QUIET

When the voice rang out, Quiet instantly aimed her gun out into the distance, pointing it in several directions, scouting for the source.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

Ness

" I don't think so., I feel like this might be the next trial that we had to take before we can get to them. I doubt it will be haystack and then our tormentors. If anything, it might be one of their underlings Stay on guard."

Paula

" What do you mean belonged? I am assuming you are the demon who hurt her. I have to ask, why should we stay quiet, Mr. Hubert?"
She asked.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

" I don't think so., I feel like this might be the next trial that we had to take before we can get to them. I doubt it will be haystack and then our tormentors. If anything, it might be one of their underlings Stay on guard."

Paula

" What do you mean belonged? I am assuming you are the demon who hurt her. I have to ask, why should we stay quiet, Mr. Hubert?" She asked.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

“Well, by the looks of what we’ve seen so far, they’re dumb as hell. Thinking of any enemy like this as formidable is a mistake. Besides, have you seen the likes of what we have?”

@Yun Lee @Lucky

Navigating the pass was easy enough. On either side were mountain cliffs, but they looked stable and not at risk for an avalanche anytime soon. "So, this is the mountain pass they went through to get to Snowpoint when The Melding started," Karin observed. "So after this, we just pass through the forest and we're there!"

"So much for them traps then, huh?" Birdie chuckled. "Guess they were just tryin' to scare us off..."

The building up ahead, when the group got to it, turned out to be a crudely made stand, much like a child would use for selling lemonade. A wooden plank was stretched across the end of the pass, where just beyond the forests waited.

"Well, well, well...the clown car finally pulls up to the circus!" A little voice spoke from behind the stand, and hopping up from behind it was...!

latest

...this thing.

"Ho ho ho! Welcome to the freakshow!"

"Um." Karin blinked, not sure how to go about dealing with what was going on. "Are you by any chance--"

"The little twerp who set that mousetrap?!" Anna glared at the little blue child, clearly unamused. "I have half a mind to sue for pain and suffering."

"Well, if you gave half your mind to Sue, no wonder you were dumb enough to get trapped! Ho ho ho!" Though he perked up at that. "Say! You guys found the mousetrap? So you know who I am, right?"

"Let me guess," Karin said, physically restraining Anna at this point. "One of the Super Lance Brothers?"

"Ding ding ding! I'd say we have a winner, but you chumps are the clear losers! I'm Little Bro Lancer, trap setter, toll booth manager, and the greatest little brother of all time! And if you wanna get through, you gotta pay the mountain fee!" He extended his little hand. "One needle, please!"

"Oh yeah, here kid!" Caspar gave him the needle. "Okay, now that that's taken care of, we can--"

"Not so fast!" Lancer jumped onto the wooden plank. "You also have to pay the forest fee! And that one is...either you give up all your merchandise, or you give us...uh...um...what was it again...oh! Oh yeah!"

latest

"Give up your cart, or give up...a bedhead with a chest!"

---

"The beast." That was all Hubert would say, his other hand readying a ball of dark magic as he looked around.

"Ah, yes...I am the big scary beast of this forest...and I'm SO lonely..."

The voice seemed to come in all directions, no particular place was its point of origin. No one could pinpoint its exact source, and even Hoku wouldn't be able to sense an aura. Instead, all he would feel was a terribly evil presence surrounding them.

"You...what did you do with Candice?!" Iroha refused to be afraid, readying her blades as the beast spoke.

"Why...I gobbled her up! I eat everything that comes into this forest! Merchants, children, big men...but one of you got away, didn't he?"

"And he will get away again," Hubert replied. "We have come to destroy you."

"Oh, is that so? Too bad! Because..."

From above, a giant red mass fell to the ground. It landed right in front of the group, beady eyes hungrily looking around at each of you.

"You all look DELICIOUS."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @amwexia @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin

CHRISTOPHER

“So... you’re the legendary Little Bro Lancer, the one who’s pubes are larger than his member. You see, we have a very special delivery to make, young man, so if you don’t let us through I’ll break both of your arms and shove them SO FAR UP YOUR REAR THAT WHOEVER PULLS THEM OUT WILL BE CROWNED KING ARTHUR!”

—-///—-///—-///—-

QUIET

When the beast came out, Quiet hopped into a tree, aiming her gun at the beast’s bulbous head. She exhaled a deep breath and fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back