Status
Not open for further replies.
Navigating the pass was easy enough. On either side were mountain cliffs, but they looked stable and not at risk for an avalanche anytime soon. "So, this is the mountain pass they went through to get to Snowpoint when The Melding started," Karin observed. "So after this, we just pass through the forest and we're there!"

"So much for them traps then, huh?" Birdie chuckled. "Guess they were just tryin' to scare us off..."

The building up ahead, when the group got to it, turned out to be a crudely made stand, much like a child would use for selling lemonade. A wooden plank was stretched across the end of the pass, where just beyond the forests waited.

"Well, well, well...the clown car finally pulls up to the circus!" A little voice spoke from behind the stand, and hopping up from behind it was...!

latest

...this thing.

"Ho ho ho! Welcome to the freakshow!"

"Um." Karin blinked, not sure how to go about dealing with what was going on. "Are you by any chance--"

"The little twerp who set that mousetrap?!" Anna glared at the little blue child, clearly unamused. "I have half a mind to sue for pain and suffering."

"Well, if you gave half your mind to Sue, no wonder you were dumb enough to get trapped! Ho ho ho!" Though he perked up at that. "Say! You guys found the mousetrap? So you know who I am, right?"

"Let me guess," Karin said, physically restraining Anna at this point. "One of the Super Lance Brothers?"

"Ding ding ding! I'd say we have a winner, but you chumps are the clear losers! I'm Little Bro Lancer, trap setter, toll booth manager, and the greatest little brother of all time! And if you wanna get through, you gotta pay the mountain fee!" He extended his little hand. "One needle, please!"

"Oh yeah, here kid!" Caspar gave him the needle. "Okay, now that that's taken care of, we can--"

"Not so fast!" Lancer jumped onto the wooden plank. "You also have to pay the forest fee! And that one is...either you give up all your merchandise, or you give us...uh...um...what was it again...oh! Oh yeah!"

latest

"Give up your cart, or give up...a bedhead with a chest!"

---

"The beast." That was all Hubert would say, his other hand readying a ball of dark magic as he looked around.

"Ah, yes...I am the big scary beast of this forest...and I'm SO lonely..."

The voice seemed to come in all directions, no particular place was its point of origin. No one could pinpoint its exact source, and even Hoku wouldn't be able to sense an aura. Instead, all he would feel was a terribly evil presence surrounding them.

"You...what did you do with Candice?!" Iroha refused to be afraid, readying her blades as the beast spoke.

"Why...I gobbled her up! I eat everything that comes into this forest! Merchants, children, big men...but one of you got away, didn't he?"

"And he will get away again," Hubert replied. "We have come to destroy you."

"Oh, is that so? Too bad! Because..."

From above, a giant red mass fell to the ground. It landed right in front of the group, beady eyes hungrily looking around at each of you.

"You all look DELICIOUS."

@Jeremi @Lucky @Takumi @amwexia @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin

"Uh..."

pbjzB09.png

"Should we do what he says or?"

"And you look like a donkey's ass!" Angel shouted to the large ogre standing in front of them. "Seriously Hubbie? This guy got you running scared?" She got free from Hubert's grip and made her way towards stopping a few steps away from him. "Hey, ugly, lean in." She beckoned the monster with her finger. "I got something to say and it's for your ears only."

CHRISTOPHER

“Well, Miss... uh... Birkin, was it? The only way to find out is to move forward, it’s also the only way, just... in general,” Christopher said to Annette.

—-///—-///—-///—-

QUIET

When the voice rang out, Quiet instantly aimed her gun out into the distance, pointing it in several directions, scouting for the source.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

"You can call me Annette." She chuckled. She had a feeling he was confusing her with someone else, but didn't mention it.

Navigating the pass was easy enough. On either side were mountain cliffs, but they looked stable and not at risk for an avalanche anytime soon. "So, this is the mountain pass they went through to get to Snowpoint when The Melding started," Karin observed. "So after this, we just pass through the forest and we're there!"

"So much for them traps then, huh?" Birdie chuckled. "Guess they were just tryin' to scare us off..."

The building up ahead, when the group got to it, turned out to be a crudely made stand, much like a child would use for selling lemonade. A wooden plank was stretched across the end of the pass, where just beyond the forests waited.

"Well, well, well...the clown car finally pulls up to the circus!" A little voice spoke from behind the stand, and hopping up from behind it was...!

latest

...this thing.

"Ho ho ho! Welcome to the freakshow!"

"Um." Karin blinked, not sure how to go about dealing with what was going on. "Are you by any chance--"

"The little twerp who set that mousetrap?!" Anna glared at the little blue child, clearly unamused. "I have half a mind to sue for pain and suffering."

"Well, if you gave half your mind to Sue, no wonder you were dumb enough to get trapped! Ho ho ho!" Though he perked up at that. "Say! You guys found the mousetrap? So you know who I am, right?"

"Let me guess," Karin said, physically restraining Anna at this point. "One of the Super Lance Brothers?"

"Ding ding ding! I'd say we have a winner, but you chumps are the clear losers! I'm Little Bro Lancer, trap setter, toll booth manager, and the greatest little brother of all time! And if you wanna get through, you gotta pay the mountain fee!" He extended his little hand. "One needle, please!"

"Oh yeah, here kid!" Caspar gave him the needle. "Okay, now that that's taken care of, we can--"

"Not so fast!" Lancer jumped onto the wooden plank. "You also have to pay the forest fee! And that one is...either you give up all your merchandise, or you give us...uh...um...what was it again...oh! Oh yeah!"

latest

"Give up your cart, or give up...a bedhead with a chest!"

---

"The beast." That was all Hubert would say, his other hand readying a ball of dark magic as he looked around.

"Ah, yes...I am the big scary beast of this forest...and I'm SO lonely..."

The voice seemed to come in all directions, no particular place was its point of origin. No one could pinpoint its exact source, and even Hoku wouldn't be able to sense an aura. Instead, all he would feel was a terribly evil presence surrounding them.

"You...what did you do with Candice?!" Iroha refused to be afraid, readying her blades as the beast spoke.

"Why...I gobbled her up! I eat everything that comes into this forest! Merchants, children, big men...but one of you got away, didn't he?"

"And he will get away again," Hubert replied. "We have come to destroy you."

"Oh, is that so? Too bad! Because..."

From above, a giant red mass fell to the ground. It landed right in front of the group, beady eyes hungrily looking around at each of you.

"You all look DELICIOUS."

Annette blinked as she looked to the child, before turning to Hilda.

"I'm not sure, and given that so far it's just him blocking our path..." She spoke up. She didn't know what more to expect to this half of a supposed duo, really.

---

Hoku's fur bristled and he snarled, eyes opening as he took on a fighting stance as he readied an aura sphere.

"I sense nothing but evil from that thing." He said as a form of warning, eyes narrowing as he waited for an opening to strike.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Jeremi @amwexia @Sark @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin

Lancer looked at Christopher in a bit of shock. "Um...are some of those swear words?" Looks like you taught a little boy something new today, Mister Belmont. Way to go.

He turned to the group, lookimg around. "Well...none of you guys seem to have messy hair...but see, my big brother, he REALLY wants a bedhead. Like, really bad. So could one of you maybe mess up your hair a little bit...?"

"Oh, for the love of...are you serious?!" A strangle purple man jumped down from above, smacking Lancer on the back of his head.

latest

"I knew leaving a child to collect our target was completely idiotic! This is no way to run things! Honestly, why I wasn't put in charge of the toll booth..." He pulled out a gun, training it on the group. "What we are looking for is NOT a "bedhead with a chest"...it's a redhead with a crest." His gaze wandered over to Annette. "And would you look at that! A redhead, right here! Do you happen to have a Crest, my dear? If so, congratulations! You are the ticket to your little friends passing through this checkpoint!"

---

"My ears? No...I'd much rather have you for my mouth!!"

The monster brought his head down right on Angel, the woman vanishing from sight. "Angel!" Iroha cried. The gunshot from Quiet would hit the beast, but it did nothing, only made him chuckle as he swiped at the tree she was in, cutting it down with his arm. His gaze landed directly on Paula.

"Mmmmmm...a delightful, delicious little girl! Childie-wildies are the most scrumptious, you know! Eh heh heh!"

Meanwhile, Angel would find herself in a dark, damp place. It was hard to see, but there was a light up ahead...

@Jeremi @Takumi @amwexia @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Raynar Saassin

Lancer looked at Christopher in a bit of shock. "Um...are some of those swear words?" Looks like you taught a little boy something new today, Mister Belmont. Way to go.

He turned to the group, lookimg around. "Well...none of you guys seem to have messy hair...but see, my big brother, he REALLY wants a bedhead. Like, really bad. So could one of you maybe mess up your hair a little bit...?"

"Oh, for the love of...are you serious?!" A strangle purple man jumped down from above, smacking Lancer on the back of his head.

latest

"I knew leaving a child to collect our target was completely idiotic! This is no way to run things! Honestly, why I wasn't put in charge of the toll booth..." He pulled out a gun, training it on the group. "What we are looking for is NOT a "bedhead with a chest"...it's a redhead with a crest." His gaze wandered over to Annette. "And would you look at that! A redhead, right here! Do you happen to have a Crest, my dear? If so, congratulations! You are the ticket to your little friends passing through this checkpoint!"

---

The monster brought his head down right on Angel, the woman vanishing from sight. "Angel!" Iroha cried. The gunshot from Quiet would hit the beast, but it did nothing, only made him chuckle as he swiped at the tree she was in, cutting it down with his arm. His gaze landed directly on Paula.

"Mmmmmm...a delightful, delicious little girl! Childie-wildies are the most scrumptious, you know! Eh heh heh!"

Meanwhile, Angel would find herself in a dark, damp place. It was hard to see, but there was a light up ahead...

"Sorry, but we won't be handing over any of our friends,"
Hilda replied from her seat to the weird, well, other weird blue individual. "Why do you want people with crests anyway. How do you even know about them?"

This was totally not how she had planned this. The creep would've leaned down, she would've said a witty oneliner and then beat his ass up!

Instead, Angel found herself someplace new. Someplace...damp. "This is so gross." Well at least she wasn't dead. Or maybe she was and she just hadn't realized it yet? Either way she couldn't stand around here and that light up ahead seemed like the only obvious choice so Angel started to make her way towards it.

@Yun Lee

latest

---

"Sorry, but we won't be handing over any of our friends," Hilda replied from her seat to the weird, well, other weird blue individual. "Why do you want people with crests anyway. How do you even know about them?"

This was totally not how she had planned this. The creep would've leaned down, she would've said a witty oneliner and then beat his ass up!

Instead, Angel found herself someplace new. Someplace...damp. "This is so gross." Well at least she wasn't dead. Or maybe she was and she just hadn't realized it yet? Either way she couldn't stand around here and that light up ahead seemed like the only obvious choice so Angel started to make her way towards it.

@Yun Lee

Annette frowned, her eyes landing on the gun in the...man's? Hand.

"That's awfully specific, you know." She said as she tilted her head, contemplating what to do next.

"I want to know the same thing on how you know about crests and why you want someone with them." She added.

---

Hoku unleashed his aura sphere at the monster's gut before standing between it and Paula protectively. He growled as he took a fighting stance.

"I'm not letting you near her."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky @amwexia @Others

"What does it matter?" The strange man snarled. "Our leader can tell you all about it when you give yourself up. Unless you'd like to give up the cart instead?"

"Uh..." Lancer tugged on his arm. His goofy smile was gone, replaced with a rather puppy-like expression. "H-Hey, Zoda. They got weapons. Like, real ones." He eyed the axe Hilda had. "I don't think this is a good--"

"Silence!" Zoda smacked Lancer off him, and in doing so sent him off the stand and to the ground. "I'm tired of waiting around for a damned redhead to come waltzing in!" Without warning he grabbed Annette by the arm, yanking her away from the group and pointing his gun at her now. "You seem to know about Crests, girlie! Do you have one?!"

"Hey, let her go!" Caspar started forward, only to be stopped by Birdie.

"You ever see a gun before, mate? He'll blow her head clean off!"

"It was never specified if the redhead needed to be brought in dead or alive," Zoda chuckled. "But tell you what. If you're so worried, you can surrender your weapons and join us at camp. Otherwise, you can take your chances with the beast in the forest. I'd think carefully about this offer if I were you. These are your only options!"

"I can certainly think of a few more!" Karin snapped.

Zoda merely chuckled. "Oh yeah? Why not look up?"

Up above them, on either side of the pass, were bandits. Lots of them. All with bows drawn and aimed at the group. "One wrong move, and we turn you into pincushions! Ahahahaha!!!"

---

"As if you have a choice, puppy doggy! Eh heh heh!"

The beast cackled, licking his lips as he lunged forward towards Paula and Hoku, only to howl in pain and draw back. Iroha stood in between them, blades dripping with monster blood. "Run!!"

Up ahead, the group could see thicker trees growing just beyond the beast that could slow him down as you ran, as well as a snowy cliff that appeared to have a small opening big enough for their group, but not big enough for the monster.

Iroha was already off running towards the trees. Hubert, in the meantime, had seemed to vanish.

@Jeremi @Lucky @amwexia @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Raynar Saassin

CHRISTOPHER

"Listen here, you scoundrel!" says Christopher, "I'm not going to yield that easily to the likes of you!"

Christopher whips the Vampire Killer in the direction of Zoda's head!

---///---///---///---

QUIET

Quiet hops from tree to tree, trying to get a good shot at the monster.

She hums quietly, but the french maid has sort of got things covered.

Quiet speeds in front of Iroha, leveling the gun at her head, but lowers it and speeds off towards the mountains.

@Yun Lee @EveryoneElse

BANG!

Zoda's gun hit Christopher right in the shoulder, going through any armor or clothing he may have, before the whip could even hit him. "Thank you for making the decision for me," he snickered, before nodding a few bandits to come down the cliffs. Each taking one of the vampire hunter's arms, they held him at bay. "Your friend here will be going to the forest," he said, gun going back to Annette's head. "And so will anyone else who tries something like that again. Only next time, SHE will pay the price."

Caspar glared at the alien, fists tightened around his gauntlets. "You won't hurt her if we don't fight?"

"You have my word, boy."

Caspar sighed, tossing his gauntlets to the ground. "I'll go to your stupid camp," he said.

"Well I won't!" Birdie walked next to Christopher, arms crossed. "I ain't prisoner of nobody! And I bet I can beat that beast in there in under ten minutes, no contest!"

"My job is to clear out this road," Karin said. "If I'm going to do that, I suppose dealing with whatever beast lies ahead is the only way."

"No, Karin, YOU stay here and try to reason with these brutes," Anna said. "I'll take my chances in the woods. No one's touching my cargo!"

@amwexia @Jeremi @Takumi @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

BANG!

Zoda's gun hit Christopher right in the shoulder, going through any armor or clothing he may have, before the whip could even hit him. "Thank you for making the decision for me," he snickered, before nodding a few bandits to come down the cliffs. Each taking one of the vampire hunter's arms, they held him at bay. "Your friend here will be going to the forest," he said, gun going back to Annette's head. "And so will anyone else who tries something like that again. Only next time, SHE will pay the price."

Caspar glared at the alien, fists tightened around his gauntlets. "You won't hurt her if we don't fight?"

"You have my word, boy."

Caspar sighed, tossing his gauntlets to the ground. "I'll go to your stupid camp," he said.

"Well I won't!" Birdie walked next to Christopher, arms crossed. "I ain't prisoner of nobody! And I bet I can beat that beast in there in under ten minutes, no contest!"

"My job is to clear out this road," Karin said. "If I'm going to do that, I suppose dealing with whatever beast lies ahead is the only way."

"No, Karin, YOU stay here and try to reason with these brutes," Anna said. "I'll take my chances in the woods. No one's touching my cargo!"

With a heavy thud, Hilda dropped her axe to the ground. "I'll look after Annette. I'd just hold you guys back if you're fighting monsters anyway." She didn't like this one bit but she didn't want to leave Caspar and Annette alone with these ruffians. Besides these people were looking for Crests...she was curious to find out who had told them about that.

Christopher clutched his arm in his hand, his eyes fuming with rage.

Christopher muttered: "I'll tell you, I've faced off against foes stronger than any man and won, a beast won't hurt me a bit. It doesn't change the rotten soul that you possess. If I find out that you harmed Annette, I swear on my ancestors that I will hunt you down and kill you like the scoundrel you are."

@Yun Lee @EveryoneElse

"What does it matter?" The strange man snarled. "Our leader can tell you all about it when you give yourself up. Unless you'd like to give up the cart instead?"

"Uh..." Lancer tugged on his arm. His goofy smile was gone, replaced with a rather puppy-like expression. "H-Hey, Zoda. They got weapons. Like, real ones." He eyed the axe Hilda had. "I don't think this is a good--"

"Silence!" Zoda smacked Lancer off him, and in doing so sent him off the stand and to the ground. "I'm tired of waiting around for a damned redhead to come waltzing in!" Without warning he grabbed Annette by the arm, yanking her away from the group and pointing his gun at her now. "You seem to know about Crests, girlie! Do you have one?!"

"Hey, let her go!" Caspar started forward, only to be stopped by Birdie.

"You ever see a gun before, mate? He'll blow her head clean off!"

"It was never specified if the redhead needed to be brought in dead or alive," Zoda chuckled. "But tell you what. If you're so worried, you can surrender your weapons and join us at camp. Otherwise, you can take your chances with the beast in the forest. I'd think carefully about this offer if I were you. These are your only options!"

"I can certainly think of a few more!" Karin snapped.

Zoda merely chuckled. "Oh yeah? Why not look up?"

Up above them, on either side of the pass, were bandits. Lots of them. All with bows drawn and aimed at the group. "One wrong move, and we turn you into pincushions! Ahahahaha!!!"

---

"As if you have a choice, puppy doggy! Eh heh heh!"

The beast cackled, licking his lips as he lunged forward towards Paula and Hoku, only to howl in pain and draw back. Iroha stood in between them, blades dripping with monster blood. "Run!!"

Up ahead, the group could see thicker trees growing just beyond the beast that could slow him down as you ran, as well as a snowy cliff that appeared to have a small opening big enough for their group, but not big enough for the monster.

Iroha was already off running towards the trees. Hubert, in the meantime, had seemed to vanish.

@Jeremi @Lucky @amwexia @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Sark @Raynar Saassin

Hoku quickly picked up Paula and bolted for the trees as fast as possible once Iroha gave them the opening. Giving her a nod in thanks in the process, the Lucario let Paula ride on his back and did his best to keep her secure in the process.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @amwexia

BANG!

"You have my word, boy."

Being held captive was one thing, but potentially hurting her friends and allies was another. Gritting her teeth as she was grabbed, she tensed and considered trying to break free, only for Christopher to act first.

"!!" Annette cringed as Christopher was shot, mostly due to the proximity of the gunshots volume than anything else. When the gun was pressed to her head her gaze went to the rest of the band of ruffians under her captives lead, trying to count how many there were in case they did have to fight them later on, as well as how many archers there were.

She didn't want to know why they needed her specifically, but she figured it'd be best not to say anything about the crest she bore in the meantime.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Lucky

"Oh good, everyone is playing along so nicely," Zoda snickered. "See how easy it is to do what you're told?"

He gave his men a nod towards the forest, and they started marching Christopher towards it, before pushing him forward to start in himself. Birdie and Anna followed, the cart still being pulled by the Abomasnow. Anna handed Christopher a little vial with a sigh. "Here, this Vulnerary is on the house," she said. "I'd much rather you take it before you bleed out in the snow..."

@amwexia

---

Meanwhile, anyone else going to the camp had their weapons collected. They were extremely wary of Freikrugel, but still managed to collect it. Letting go of Annette, Zoda shoved her into the rest of the group, gun pointed at all of them. "Let's get to camp."

They were led into a narrow passageway between the forest and mountains just beyond the little stand, and in a few minutes found themselves in a camp.

r0Hl6C2_d.jpg

They appeared to be in what was once a village, but nothing remained of the houses except for the wooden frames and the floors. Bandits camped out around fires, having made makeshift tents with the ruins. Up ahead was an even grander sight: a tree with stairways and platforms on it, where piles of food and weaponry sat.

QiP1Ygf_d.jpg

Your weapons were tossed there as you were led to the most put-together house, where at the fire cooking mutton was a large, gruff man with red hair. He looked to the group and immediately scowled.

latest

"Prisoners, Zoda?! Seriously?! What, do we not have enough mouths to feed around here?"

"We have plenty of food if we feel like giving them scraps," the alien retorted. "These people know of Crests...and one of them is a redhead!"

"Oh for the love of...a GUY, Zoda. I'm looking for a redheaded GUY with a damn Crest! Not these kids! Wait a minute..." He narrowed his eyes at Annette. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

Caspar meanwhile nudged Hilda. "Hey," he whispered. "Isn't that the guy from back at the Academy?"

@Takumi @Jeremi

Snowdin Undecided: @Gummi Bunnies @Raynar Saassin @Sark @Lucky

---

Within the caves, Quiet would find herself in a tunnel with light up ahead. A loud screech from outside made it clear the beast was still there, and he slammed into the side of the mountain, sending Quiet flying into something and onto the ground of a cave. As it turned out, what she crashed into was Angel.

"MORE new visitors? Oh hurray!" A voice rang out from a small group huddled by the fire.

View attachment 4600

"I was starting to think we'd never see anyone else again!"

"Hooo! Come on by the fire, ladies! You must be dyin' of cold out there!"

latest

"More merchants, huh?" Another man spoke up, looking to his left. "Or are these more of those 'vigilantes' you were talkin' about?"

"Do you think merchants would dress so improperly for this weather?" A familiar voice said, before standing and walking to the two girls. They'd each find a gloved hand extended to them.

View attachment 4601

"So you survived," Hubert said. "How fortunate."

@amwexia @Jeremi

---

The beast soon left the mountain, chasing the little group headed into the thicker forest. As hoped, the trees were too dense for a monster of his size, and escape was easily made. Once they were far enough in, Iroha sighed in relief. "Oh thank goodness...is everyone all right?"

@Takumi @Lucky

Snowpoint Undecided: @Raynar Saassin @Gummi Bunnies @Sark

"Oh good, everyone is playing along so nicely," Zoda snickered. "See how easy it is to do what you're told?"

He gave his men a nod towards the forest, and they started marching Christopher towards it, before pushing him forward to start in himself. Birdie and Anna followed, the cart still being pulled by the Abomasnow. Anna handed Christopher a little vial with a sigh. "Here, this Vulnerary is on the house," she said. "I'd much rather you take it before you bleed out in the snow..."

@amwexia

---

Meanwhile, anyone else going to the camp had their weapons collected. They were extremely wary of Freikrugel, but still managed to collect it. Letting go of Annette, Zoda shoved her into the rest of the group, gun pointed at all of them. "Let's get to camp."

They were led into a narrow passageway between the forest and mountains just beyond the little stand, and in a few minutes found themselves in a camp.

r0Hl6C2_d.jpg

They appeared to be in what was once a village, but nothing remained of the houses except for the wooden frames and the floors. Bandits camped out around fires, having made makeshift tents with the ruins. Up ahead was an even grander sight: a tree with stairways and platforms on it, where piles of food and weaponry sat.

QiP1Ygf_d.jpg

Your weapons were tossed there as you were led to the most put-together house, where at the fire cooking mutton was a large, gruff man with red hair. He looked to the group and immediately scowled.

latest

"Prisoners, Zoda?! Seriously?! What, do we not have enough mouths to feed around here?"

"We have plenty of food if we feel like giving them scraps," the alien retorted. "These people know of Crests...and one of them is a redhead!"

"Oh for the love of...a GUY, Zoda. I'm looking for a redheaded GUY with a damn Crest! Not these kids! Wait a minute..." He narrowed his eyes at Annette. "Do I know you from somewhere?"

Caspar meanwhile nudged Hilda. "Hey," he whispered. "Isn't that the guy from back at the Academy?"

@Takumi @Jeremi

---

Within the caves, Quiet would find herself in a tunnel with light up ahead. A loud screech from outside made it clear the beast was still there, and he slammed into the side of the mountain, sending Quiet flying into something and onto the ground of a cave. As it turned out, what she crashed into was Angel.

"MORE new visitors? Oh hurray!" A voice rang out from a small group huddled by the fire.

View attachment 4600

latest

"More merchants, huh?" Another man spoke up, looking to his left. "Or are these more of those 'vigilantes' you were talkin' about?"

"Do you think merchants would dress so improperly for this weather?" A familiar voice said, before standing and walking to the two girls. They'd each find a gloved hand extended to them.

View attachment 4601

@amwexia @Jeremi

---

The beast soon left the mountain, chasing the little group headed into the thicker forest. As hoped, the trees were too dense for a monster of his size, and escape was easily made. Once they were far enough in, Iroha sighed in relief. "Oh thank goodness...is everyone all right?"

@Takumi @Lucky

CHRISTOPHER

Christopher quickly ingests the Vulnerary and finds his arm healed up.

“I thank you, madam,” he says. He readies his Vampire Killer in anticipation of the beast.

“I have faced many vile beasts in my lifetime, I’m sure this one will be no different.”

@Yun Lee

—-///—-///—-///—-

QUIET

Quiet took the hand of Hubert and got up, wiping the dust off of her body.

Looking over at the group of people at the fire, she gave off a wave, before gesturing that she can’t speak.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

@amwexia

---

r0Hl6C2_d.jpg

QiP1Ygf_d.jpg

latest

@Takumi @Jeremi

---

View attachment 4600

latest

View attachment 4601

@amwexia @Jeremi

---

@Takumi @Lucky

"You're right, it is." Hilda half-whispered to Caspar. "Sylvain's brother? Mickey? I think it was Mickey..." So that's why they knew about Crests. Who would've thought so many from back home had ended up here?

@Takumi @Jeremi

Quiet was in for a soft landing as she fell into Angel's embrace. "Oh no Quiet!" Angel replied when she noticed who had fallen on top of her. "That creepy monster ate you too?"

Then more voices joined in as people by a fire started talking to them. "Damn this monster's stomach's huuuuge! How many of you are there in here?"

Another familiar voice rang out and Angel rather quickly pushed Quiet aside as she jumped to her feet and ran to Hubert. "Hubbie!" Her hug was strong enough to almost get all of the air from his lungs. "I'm sad you got eaten but awesome besties reunited!"

@amwexia

@amwexia

---

r0Hl6C2_d.jpg

QiP1Ygf_d.jpg

latest

@Takumi @Jeremi

---

View attachment 4600

latest

View attachment 4601

@amwexia @Jeremi

---

@Takumi @Lucky

"Miklan..." Annette spoke quietly, blinking in surprise. So, he was looking for Sylvain? Likely to get him to use the Lance of Ruin? Or for something else she likely didn't want to know about.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Hoku relaxed when they were far enough in, but didn't put Paula down just yet. Nodding to Iroha, he took in their surroundings.

"We're fine, are you alright, Miss Iroha?" He asked.

@Yun Lee @Lucky

"Yeah! But like...didn't he...y'know...OW!" Caspar was dragged away from Hilda by the ear and put on the opposite side of Karin.

"Silence, brats!" Zoda snapped.

Miklan tilted his head, narrowing his eyes. "Oh yeah...you're that Dominic girl, aintcha? All grown up now." He stood, walking to Annette, easily towering over her. "Hear anything about my brother? Where he's at nowadays? You'd think he'd be all over girls like you..."

"Wait...let me get this straight." Karin spoke up, crossing her arms. "This entire thing is you attempting to find your brother?"

"Yes and no," he replied. "This entire thing is about staying alive. Yeah, I headed out here when I heard Sylvain and his little blue friend were up in the area, but unfortunately we ran into some trouble along the way."

"Is that the beast you guys were talking about?" Caspar asked, rubbing his ear.

Miklan nodded. "He let us go in exchange for others. We ambush merchants passing through, take their stuff, and send 'em out into the forest so he leaves us alone. It's a sweet deal, and one I'd extend you all of you, if you'd like to join us."

@Jeremi @Takumi

---

"If there's only one beast to deal with, then it shouldn't be an issue, right?" Anna asked.

"I ain't scared of no beasts!" Birdie cracked his knuckles to punctuate the claim. "I say let 'em come! We'll have 'em knocked flat in no time!" Though within this forest it seemed completely still. Not even an animal could be heard. "Um...should we go in more, or wait?"

"Snowpoint is this way, isn't it? I'm not just gonna let my merchandise be at risk!"

"Fine then. I go on ahead, take on the beast, an' you pass on through. Howzabout you, Chris? You comin'?"

@amwexia

---

"I believe you are...mistaken..." Hubert grunted out as Angel almost flattened his lungs. "You were...never eaten...I used magic...to move us..."

"So, you guys ran into Kusaregedo, eh?" The man in the hat shook his head. "Nasty son of a bitch, huh?"

"We all managed to escape, thanks to the help of a nice young man," the little boar said. "I wonder where he went..."

@amwexia @Jeremi

---

"I am...fine, I suppose," Iroha said. "I hope everyone got out in one piece. And I do hope my master is somewhere in this forest..."

The area around them was even darker than before. And without any lights, it would be tricky to navigate. "Maybe there's some town up ahead? We can try to look for help..."

@Takumi @Lucky

"Yeah! But like...didn't he...y'know...OW!" Caspar was dragged away from Hilda by the ear and put on the opposite side of Karin.

Miklan tilted his head, narrowing his eyes. "Oh yeah...you're that Dominic girl, aintcha? All grown up now." He stood, walking to Annette, easily towering over her. "Hear anything about my brother? Where he's at nowadays? You'd think he'd be all over girls like you..."

"Wait...let me get this straight." Karin spoke up, crossing her arms. "This entire thing is you attempting to find your brother?"

"Yes and no," he replied. "This entire thing is about staying alive. Yeah, I headed out here when I heard Sylvain and his little blue friend were up in the area, but unfortunately we ran into some trouble along the way."

Miklan nodded. "He let us go in exchange for others. We ambush merchants passing through, take their stuff, and send 'em out into the forest so he leaves us alone. It's a sweet deal, and one I'd extend you all of you, if you'd like to join us."

@Jeremi @Takumi

---

"If there's only one beast to deal with, then it shouldn't be an issue, right?" Anna asked.

"I ain't scared of no beasts!" Birdie cracked his knuckles to punctuate the claim. "I say let 'em come! We'll have 'em knocked flat in no time!" Though within this forest it seemed completely still. Not even an animal could be heard. "Um...should we go in more, or wait?"

"Snowpoint is this way, isn't it? I'm not just gonna let my merchandise be at risk!"

"Fine then. I go on ahead, take on the beast, an' you pass on through. Howzabout you, Chris? You comin'?"

@amwexia

---

"I believe you are...mistaken..." Hubert grunted out as Angel almost flattened his lungs. "You were...never eaten...I used magic...to move us..."

"So, you guys ran into Kusaregedo, eh?" The man in the hat shook his head. "Nasty son of a bitch, huh?"

"We all managed to escape, thanks to the help of a nice young man," the little boar said. "I wonder where he went..."

@amwexia @Jeremi

---

"I am...fine, I suppose," Iroha said. "I hope everyone got out in one piece. And I do hope my master is somewhere in this forest..."

The area around them was even darker than before. And without any lights, it would be tricky to navigate. "Maybe there's some town up ahead? We can try to look for help..."

@Takumi @Lucky

Annette tilted her head a bit to meet Miklan's eyes with a frown as she stood her ground, shoulders tense.

"No, I haven't seen or heard from Sylvain, and knowing him, he'd be all over any girl within the same area no matter where he's at." Annette answered. At least, she hadn't heard from him recently...at least it felt like not too long ago since she was with any of the other Blue Lions.

When Caspar cried out in pain she looked his way for a moment, but was glad to see it wasn't anything serious.

"No, that sort of thing is just..it's awful. " Her brows furrowed as she frowned, declining at the offer Miklan gave them. It wasn't right, and they had a task to do!

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Hoku tried to sense any auras nearby and reached as far as he possibly could with the ability in an attempt to help guide them.

"We'll have to see, sticking close is the best option so we won't get lost." He advised, regardless on if he could sense anything or not.

@Yun Lee @Lucky

@Jeremi @Takumi

---

@amwexia

---

@amwexia @Jeremi

---

@Takumi @Lucky

Hilda didn't say anything as they dragged Caspar away from her but hand on her hips she listened to the conversation between Annette and Miklan. She knew perfectly well who he was, and last she heard. He was supposed to be dead. "Sounds like a good operation alright," Hilda finally spoke up addressing the bandit leader directly. "Didn't take you for an easy life type of person considering your circumstances. Nice to see you got followers here though."

She looked over at Zodan. "Some of them actually look competent."

@Yun Lee @Takumi

She gave him a little extra squeeze before letting Hubert go. "Aww, that's sweet that you didn't want us to get eaten. You really do care!" She turned to the others before she addressed them. "So you guys have been stuck in this cave all this time? Why doesn't the
hombre bastardo apestoso just come in here and eat ya?"

@amwexia @Yun Lee

CHRISTOPHER BELMONT

“Yep! I’m coming!” Christopher says, following Birdie and Anna.

@Yun Lee

—-///—-///—-///—-

QUIET

As the rest of the people discuss the boy who fought off the demon, Quiet took a seat near the fireplace. She gave a little wave at the new faces, who seem trustworthy.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Ness

" I'll be heading with you two into the forest. I don't trust those others, let's go see if we can find any beasts to help defeat," he replied with a smile.

@Yun Lee @amwexia

Paula

" I think it's safe here, we escaped the beast and are in the forest for now. Thanks for saving me, Hoku. I guess I got a little scared for a bit and just kind of prayed and it backfired. I hope the others are okay."

@Takumi @Yun Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back