Status
Not open for further replies.
"Huh?" The girl looked at the group, eyes widening. "Hey! I recognize some of you guys!"

Iroha, Hoku, and Paula would recognize her too: it was none other than Candice, the Snowpoint Gym Leader.

Diamond_Pearl_Candice.png

"Candice! You're alive! But the monster said--"

"Who cares what he said?" Candice was already working on getting her Pokemon out of the cart. "We got bigger problems than that thing!"

"'old on, now!" Birdie stared at them in disbelief. "You're tellin' me there really is a beast out 'ere?!"

"Yeah, but he's not the only nutjob in these woods! Let's find your friend and get out of here!" Candice looked around. "Hey...come to think of it, I'm missing somebody, too! Think you can help me find him?"

@Lucky @Capri @Takumi

---

"As a matter of fact," Karin said, standing up. "I also need to use the bathroom."

"Oh jeez...okay, fine. You guys can go. Just...promise you'll come back, okay? I don't wanna get in trouble with Zoda again..."

@Jeremi @Takumi

---

The beast roared as Quiet got him right in the eye, and he drew back, howling in pain. This gave Angel the chance she needed to worsen his already substantial wound, and he swung his arm out, knocking her off him and right towards the cave.

"Not so tough now, huh?!" Rimururu took the opportunity to dash forward, pushing her hands out before her. Large icicles materialized and jutted out, entering the gash and making Kusaregedo shriek. The man he'd been fighting with took this chance to retreat into the trees. Seeing this, Hubert gritted his teeth and vanished in a cloud of dark magic, while Kusaregedo howled with rage and charged right for Quiet and Rimururu!

@Capri @Jeremi

Hilda gave Karin a side-eye that said really? “Don’t worry,” She then told Lancer with a reassuring smile. “We’ll be back before you even know it!”

Grabbing Karin by the arm she started to push her away from Lancer. “Okay…we got away from him…now what? We need to get our weapons back or something.”

@Yun Lee @Takumi

Despite her augmentations, the blow knocked the wind right from out of Angel and sent her flying through the air like a ragdoll before she crashed hard into the ground. When she finally came to she saw the monster charging towards Quiet and Rimururu.

Running on pure instinct Angel took off again towards Kusaregedo. Angel would try and shoulder tackle the icicle Rimururu had conjured further into the monster's gaping wound. There had to be something that felled this damn beast.

@Capri

Last edited:
Ness and Paula

" Candice, it's good to know that you are okay. You have been missing for so long. Yeah, we came to find you, and sure we can, we have peopke to find too"
she replied, happy to see the gym leader was okay.

Ness would nod. "
There were some bandits earlier and from what Paula told me earlier via telepathy, there is a giant monster. It seems this place attracts all kind of monsters."

@Capri @Takumi @Yun Lee

The scream that came from the beast was ungodly, as the icicle went clean through him, the force tearing through what was already a severe wound. The creature fell on his back, twitching as he bled out, until he stopped moving altogether.

Rimururu, who had cowered when that horrid scream echoed through the forest, looked up. "Is he...dead?"

@Jeremi @Capri

---

"If I recall correctly, our weapons were being kept in some strange tree fort." Karin scanned the area until she spotted it. "There! How good are you at stealth, Hilda?"

A horrifying scream echoed in the distance, one that seemed to make even the bandirs uneasy. Karin shook her head. "I do hope Birdie is alright," she said. "He may be a brute, but he's an excellent sparring partner..."

@Jeremi @Takumi

---

"Cool! Now, he was somewhere around here when the cart showed up..." Candice started searching off into the woods nearby, where Lucario would pick up two auras further in. There was also an additional aura right here in the clearing, below the cart...

At that same time, a horrific scream a few of the group would recognize as that monster echoed through the forest. Iroha grimaced. "I do hope our companions are safe..."

@Lucky @Takumi @Capri

The scream that came from the beast was ungodly, as the icicle went clean through him, the force tearing through what was already a severe wound. The creature fell on his back, twitching as he bled out, until he stopped moving altogether.

Rimururu, who had cowered when that horrid scream echoed through the forest, looked up. "Is he...dead?"

@Jeremi @Capri

---

"If I recall correctly, our weapons were being kept in some strange tree fort." Karin scanned the area until she spotted it. "There! How good are you at stealth, Hilda?"

A horrifying scream echoed in the distance, one that seemed to make even the bandirs uneasy. Karin shook her head. "I do hope Birdie is alright," she said. "He may be a brute, but he's an excellent sparring partner..."

@Jeremi @Takumi

---

"Cool! Now, he was somewhere around here when the cart showed up..." Candice started searching off into the woods nearby, where Lucario would pick up two auras further in. There was also an additional aura right here in the clearing, below the cart...

At that same time, a horrific scream a few of the group would recognize as that monster echoed through the forest. Iroha grimaced. "I do hope our companions are safe..."

@Lucky @Takumi @Capri

Angel took no chances and began wailing on the downed. Dead or not. Before she was done it would be so broken that nothing on it was going to move.

@Yun Lee @Capri

"To tell you the truth I'm not really good with anything, buuuut I'm quite good at sneaking away from any chores so maybe?" The scream also made Hilda concerned. "That really didn't sound right. Okay, let's do our best to get our weapons back and wrap this up!"

@Takumi

@Jeremi @Capri

---

@Jeremi @Takumi

---

@Lucky @Takumi @Capri

"Two people are further in the forest, and someone, or something, is under the cart." Hoku spoke up to the rest.

As he did so, he went to investigate the aura under the cart while trying to pick up anything new.

@Lucky @Yun Lee @Capri @Everyone

Angel took no chances and began wailing on the downed. Dead or not. Before she was done it would be so broken that nothing on it was going to move.

@Yun Lee @Capri

"To tell you the truth I'm not really good with anything, buuuut I'm quite good at sneaking away from any chores so maybe?" The scream also made Hilda concerned. "That really didn't sound right. Okay, let's do our best to get our weapons back and wrap this up!"

@Takumi

"Hilda, you're good at quite a few things." Annette hummed, though her brows furrowed at the sound of the scream, hoping it wasn't one of their companions.

"You don't think it could've been someone attacked by that monster?" She muttered.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

What had once been the terrible beast that had menaced this forest was now nothing more than a bloodied carcass. The wretched Kusaregedo was no more.

"You did it!" Rimururu gasped, before running to the caves. "Everyone! They did it!! They killed Kusaregedo, we can leave now!"

@Jeremi @Capri

---

"Annette?" Karin's eyes widened as the redhead joined them. "But how did you get past Lancer?"

It seemed their suspicions were confirmed as noise started coming from back in the camp. It was hard to hear, but it looked like the bandits were packing up to investigate while Miklan barked orders at them. "This could be our chance!" Karin said. "If we can just wait for them to head out..."

@Jeremi @Takumi

---

The aura under the cart seemed to be non threatening, but somehow incredibly hostile at the same time. How that worked was anyone's guess, really.

@Lucky @Takumi @Capri

Ness and Paula

" We have to see what is under the cart, but we don't want to scare it, anything can be hostile if enough darkness is in it or it is corrupted enough. Maybe-"

" Paula, may I borrow one of your teddy bears?"

" Sure, I guess." Ness would walk over and would put the teddy bear in front of the cart to see what the creature was going to do it.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Capri

"..." There was a silence from under the cart, then a man's voice. "...what are you doing?"

Iroha tilted her head. "So it's a person under there...?"

"Yes, it's a person under here!" The man snapped. "How about you get this cart off of me instead of showing me stuffed toys?!"

@Lucky @Takumi @Capri

What had once been the terrible beast that had menaced this forest was now nothing more than a bloodied carcass. The wretched Kusaregedo was no more.

"You did it!" Rimururu gasped, before running to the caves. "Everyone! They did it!! They killed Kusaregedo, we can leave now!"

@Jeremi @Capri

---

"Annette?" Karin's eyes widened as the redhead joined them. "But how did you get past Lancer?"

It seemed their suspicions were confirmed as noise started coming from back in the camp. It was hard to hear, but it looked like the bandits were packing up to investigate while Miklan barked orders at them. "This could be our chance!" Karin said. "If we can just wait for them to head out..."

@Jeremi @Takumi

---

The aura under the cart seemed to be non threatening, but somehow incredibly hostile at the same time. How that worked was anyone's guess, really.

@Lucky @Takumi @Capri

"It was surprisingly easy, I just told him that I had to use the bathroom too. Even added a little dance for effect." Annette replied with a slight shrug.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

"..." There was a silence from under the cart, then a man's voice. "...what are you doing?"

Iroha tilted her head. "So it's a person under there...?"

"Yes, it's a person under here!" The man snapped. "How about you get this cart off of me instead of showing me stuffed toys?!"

@Lucky @Takumi @Capri

Hoku huffed, and maybe rolled his eyes a bit, but moved to get a closer look and see if they could get the man from under the cart without potentially hurting him.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Capri

@Jeremi @Capri

---

@Jeremi @Takumi

---

@Lucky @Takumi @Capri

Angel gave the monster one final kick before raising her hands as if she had just won a wrestling match. "WOO! YEAH! That's what happens when you mess with Angel and her friends! I break you in half like a soggy wet pinata!" As her celebrating died down Angel realized someone was missing hey. "Hey...where did Hubie go?"

@Yun Lee @Capri

"I think when this is all over," Hilda replied to the two women. "We're going to have to drag that Lancer kid with us, but for now," She looked around. "Let's try and keep our heads down and get our weapons back.

@Takumi

Now that the beast had been felled, and Rimururu had gone into the cave to tell the news, Angel and Quiet could hear something in the woods further to their left. It almost sounded like a struggle...

@Jeremi @Capri

---

"Indeed. It sounds like he might be as much of a victim as the rest of us...even if he doesn't realize it." There seemed to be a few options. The outskirts of the woods were right there, and there seemed to be a few snowbanks they could hide behind. Of course they could always make a beeline to the tree...if they wanted to risk being seen by the bandits, of course.

@Jeremi @Lucky

---

Birdie pitched in As they lifted the cart up, the man would crawl out. Dusting the snow off his clothes, he met them all with narrowed eyes.

latest

"This has got to be the most rag-tag group I've ever seen," he said. "What, are you all merchants or something?"

@Lucky @Capri @Takumi

Now that the beast had been felled, and Rimururu had gone into the cave to tell the news, Angel and Quiet could hear something in the woods further to their left. It almost sounded like a struggle...

@Jeremi @Capri

---

"Indeed. It sounds like he might be as much of a victim as the rest of us...even if he doesn't realize it." There seemed to be a few options. The outskirts of the woods were right there, and there seemed to be a few snowbanks they could hide behind. Of course they could always make a beeline to the tree...if they wanted to risk being seen by the bandits, of course.

@Jeremi @Lucky

---

Birdie pitched in As they lifted the cart up, the man would crawl out. Dusting the snow off his clothes, he met them all with narrowed eyes.

latest

"This has got to be the most rag-tag group I've ever seen," he said. "What, are you all merchants or something?"

@Lucky @Capri @Takumi

"Hubie?!" Angel made a mad dash towards where the sounds were coming from. She wasn't going to leave her sour goth in trouble. That was her job!

@Yun Lee @Capri

Hilda was always up for the more easier route. "How about those snowbanks? Being seen by the bandits would be such a pain so we should probably try and sneak around."

@Takumi

Within the clearing, the source of the strange noises became very clear. Hubert stood in the thick of the woods, violet magic surrounding his hands in a sinister aura. Around him trees sported black spots or were even missing chunks of their trunks. No doubt a remnant of the dark mage's onslaught.

"If you honestly think your family heirloom will help you," he said, "I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken." Hubert spoke out into the air, as though unsure of just where the person he addressed was. A slight rustling in the brush caused him to react with a pulse of dark energy in that direction, followed by a man's shout. "Hmph." Hubert started for that brush, seeming not to have noticed Angel at all.

@Jeremi @Capri

---

The snowbanks provided a good amount of protection from the bandits, who fortunately were even more distracted than they normally would be. Karin leaned back into the snow as a trio of them rushed off to their right towards that toll booth. "Our quickest path to our weapons is right there," she said, pointing to a few more banks. "If we time this just right..."

And time right they did. In just a few moments. the girls had made it to the large tree, where weapons and food and all sorts of items lay. There even seemed to be a little wooden box full of brightly colored liquid, most likely potions of some sort.

@Jeremi @Takumi

Within the clearing, the source of the strange noises became very clear. Hubert stood in the thick of the woods, violet magic surrounding his hands in a sinister aura. Around him trees sported black spots or were even missing chunks of their trunks. No doubt a remnant of the dark mage's onslaught.

"If you honestly think your family heirloom will help you," he said, "I'm afraid you're sorely mistaken." Hubert spoke out into the air, as though unsure of just where the person he addressed was. A slight rustling in the brush caused him to react with a pulse of dark energy in that direction, followed by a man's shout. "Hmph." Hubert started for that brush, seeming not to have noticed Angel at all.

@Jeremi @Capri

---

The snowbanks provided a good amount of protection from the bandits, who fortunately were even more distracted than they normally would be. Karin leaned back into the snow as a trio of them rushed off to their right towards that toll booth. "Our quickest path to our weapons is right there," she said, pointing to a few more banks. "If we time this just right..."

And time right they did. In just a few moments. the girls had made it to the large tree, where weapons and food and all sorts of items lay. There even seemed to be a little wooden box full of brightly colored liquid, most likely potions of some sort.

@Jeremi @Takumi

Angel felt she had walked into something she shouldn't have and instead of trying to catch Hubert's attention she slinked behind a few trees and quietly made her way towards the bush. If Hubie was fighting someone they had to be a bad guy, right?

@Yun Lee @Capri

"There you are!" Hilda spotted Freikugel among the stash and picked it up, as well as one of those brightly colored liquids. Never knew when stuff like that would come in handy! "Geared up and ready to go! Let's get back to Lancer and Caspar before anything bad happens!"

@Takumi

Within the bush Angel would see the man from before, frantically digging through foliage. "Come on, come on...it was right here!" Another blast of dark magic came whizzing past his head, causing him to cry out and fall to the side. He glared out towards where Hubert had been, not seeming to notice Angel just yet.

View attachment 5009

"Hey! Imperial lapdog! How about you man up and face me like a man?! ...probably should've said that after I found my lance..."

@Jeremi @Capri

---

"Oh, don't you worry about THAT!" A familiar voice from behind piped up, that of Lancer. Turning, though, would reveal that he was sitting on the shoulder of...

"Caspar?" Karin looked incredulous. "Please tell me he doesn't have his gun pointed on you."

"Nope!" The child shook his head. "Turns out, Miklan wasn't treating me like a brother. So I asked how brothers SHOULD be treated, and he said..." He nudged Caspar's head. "You say it better!"

"I said he should become MY little bro! Ladies, allow me to introduce you to Lancer von Bergliez!"

"Well...that was certainly an interesting turn of events...but whatever lessens those against us." Karin picked up a potion of her own before tossing Caspar his gauntlets. "Are we all ready to disembark, then?"

@Jeremi @Takumi

@Jeremi @Capri

---

@Jeremi @Lucky

---

latest

@Lucky @Capri @Takumi

"More like two different groups who happened to run into each other, though one of us is a merchant." Hoku responded, with a tilt of his head. They still needed to find Anna, if she was still in the area. He checked up on the auras in the area again, just in case he might of missed her's.

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Everyone

@Jeremi @Capri

---

@Jeremi @Takumi

Angel felt she had walked into something she shouldn't have and instead of trying to catch Hubert's attention she slinked behind a few trees and quietly made her way towards the bush. If Hubie was fighting someone they had to be a bad guy, right?

@Yun Lee @Capri

"There you are!" Hilda spotted Freikugel among the stash and picked it up, as well as one of those brightly colored liquids. Never knew when stuff like that would come in handy! "Geared up and ready to go! Let's get back to Lancer and Caspar before anything bad happens!"

@Takumi

Within the bush Angel would see the man from before, frantically digging through foliage. "Come on, come on...it was right here!" Another blast of dark magic came whizzing past his head, causing him to cry out and fall to the side. He glared out towards where Hubert had been, not seeming to notice Angel just yet.

View attachment 5009

"Hey! Imperial lapdog! How about you man up and face me like a man?! ...probably should've said that after I found my lance..."

@Jeremi @Capri

---

"Oh, don't you worry about THAT!" A familiar voice from behind piped up, that of Lancer. Turning, though, would reveal that he was sitting on the shoulder of...

"Caspar?" Karin looked incredulous. "Please tell me he doesn't have his gun pointed on you."

"Nope!" The child shook his head. "Turns out, Miklan wasn't treating me like a brother. So I asked how brothers SHOULD be treated, and he said..." He nudged Caspar's head. "You say it better!"

"I said he should become MY little bro! Ladies, allow me to introduce you to Lancer von Bergliez!"

"Well...that was certainly an interesting turn of events...but whatever lessens those against us." Karin picked up a potion of her own before tossing Caspar his gauntlets. "Are we all ready to disembark, then?"

@Jeremi @Takumi

Annette laughed softly as Casper reintroduced Lancer as she grabbed her ax and a potion.

"You two will get along well, no doubt! Anyway, I'm ready to go whenever you guys are." She spoke in a chipper tone, but was more than happy to leave this camp and find the rest of their group.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

View attachment 5009

@Jeremi @Capri

---

@Jeremi @Takumi

“Hey! Angel popped up from her hiding place her brows frowning. “Hubie’s no lapdog! If anything he’s like a nasty looking Doberman or something! Big, dark and brooding!” The red head wasn’t just a pretty boy. He was also a rude boy. “You shouldn’t pick on a guy who is looming over you anyway, idiota!”

@Capri

Hilda swung Freikugel around with frightening ease. Despite her objections of just being a wilting flower there seemed to a lot of hidden strength inside her. “Ready! Let’s show these bandits what happens when they mess with us!”

@Yun Lee @Takumi

"Well, SHE"S a merchant. I was just looking for Candice!" Everyone else would hear Holly the Abomasnow talk in her usual way, but Hoku would understand his fellow Pokemon. "Since they were headed back into the woods anyway, I figured it was a good chance to look for her after that nasty beast got us separated."

Anna's aura was there, as was Candice's, and a third...that had suddenly gotten very hostile.

@Takumi @Lucky @Capri

---

"What do you mean looming over--ack!" As if Angel had summoned him, Hubert now loomed over the young man, who scrambled back from the dark mage.

"Well, well," Hubert said darkly, a sadistic smirk on his face. "It appears your time has run out, Gautier. Any last words before I send you to your Goddess?"

"Yeah, I've got a good one...BOLGANONE!" The man sent an orb of fire to the ground, which immediately caused an earthquake in the area. Hubert cried out in surprise, toppling to the ground as his foe ran off.

"Curses...I hadn't expected him to be sophisticated enough to know magic..." He looked to Angel, wherever the earthquake had tossed her down. "Thank you for tipping me off to his location. Though I must warn you, if he is anything like he was at school...the less of you he sees, the better."

@Jeremi @Capri

---

The little group now was able to move forward, with their new addition grabbing the rest of the potions left behind. As they neared the forest. they would feel a rumbling, no doubt the aftershock of an earthquake. "How peculiar...I don't see the bandits anywhere..." Karin wrinkled up her nose as a putrid smell reached the group. "What in the world is that?"

"Maybe it's Miklan!" Lancer said. :He doesn't' take too many baths. Me? I just roll around in the snow."

@Jeremi @Takumi

"Well, SHE"S a merchant. I was just looking for Candice!" Everyone else would hear Holly the Abomasnow talk in her usual way, but Hoku would understand his fellow Pokemon. "Since they were headed back into the woods anyway, I figured it was a good chance to look for her after that nasty beast got us separated."

Anna's aura was there, as was Candice's, and a third...that had suddenly gotten very hostile.

@Takumi @Lucky @Capri

---

"What do you mean looming over--ack!" As if Angel had summoned him, Hubert now loomed over the young man, who scrambled back from the dark mage.

"Well, well," Hubert said darkly, a sadistic smirk on his face. "It appears your time has run out, Gautier. Any last words before I send you to your Goddess?"

"Yeah, I've got a good one...BOLGANONE!" The man sent an orb of fire to the ground, which immediately caused an earthquake in the area. Hubert cried out in surprise, toppling to the ground as his foe ran off.

"Curses...I hadn't expected him to be sophisticated enough to know magic..." He looked to Angel, wherever the earthquake had tossed her down. "Thank you for tipping me off to his location. Though I must warn you, if he is anything like he was at school...the less of you he sees, the better."

@Jeremi @Capri

---

The little group now was able to move forward, with their new addition grabbing the rest of the potions left behind. As they neared the forest. they would feel a rumbling, no doubt the aftershock of an earthquake. "How peculiar...I don't see the bandits anywhere..." Karin wrinkled up her nose as a putrid smell reached the group. "What in the world is that?"

"Maybe it's Miklan!" Lancer said. :He doesn't' take too many baths. Me? I just roll around in the snow."

@Jeremi @Takumi

Angel was trying her best to get off the ground a few feet away from where Hubert was when he spoke to her. “Yeah, you’re welcome.” She did a backflip and got back to her feet. “What’s pretty boys problem anyway? Is he a bad guy or something? Oh! Speaking of,” Angel did a little flex. “We totally murdered that creepy monster thing! You shoulda seen it! It was wild.”

@Capri

“Good for you! Personal hygiene’s really important!” Hilda replied encouragingly to Lancer but the smell got her to cover her nose. “Augh that really is bad! It’s like when the professor was cross with us and they had us scrub the toilets as a “character enhancer”.”

@Takumi @Yun Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back