Zul'Zae'ju'Jin

the Hugger Troll
The morning was filled with the familiar sounds of the park. Cries of children and dinosaurs filled the air with equal measure and for the little dinosaur in her paddock, the sound was tantalizing. What was out there beyond her walls!? The air was filled with the familiar stink of the two legs; some she recognised, most she did, it had salt from the sea that surrounded the island and the shrieks of flying white things that never seemed to flap their wings. She thought that exciting and wondered at their taste should she mnage to catch one. She knew a various taste of meat, some gamey and tough whereas most was lean and muscular and all lacking in the hunt. She didn't mind so much. Her handler treated her all the time with food.

She rushed about her paddock in the times her two leg wasn't with her in the habitual manner she did. Nothing new. Nothing fresh. Same scents. Same sights. She was bored of it all. She knew where each and every plant was. Recognised her own tracks and that of the two legs who tended to her needs and the needs of her little home. It was spacious, she couldn't deny she had plenty of space to run nor did she lack for food or company. She shared her paddock with another though they frequently argued. They were both from the same clutch so they held no desire to outrightly kill each other but she remained dutifully to reminding him she ruled the roost. Course, her handler admonished her anytime she did so and it was the only time she stopped putting her little brother in his place. Shame, he was such an unruly little thing.

Her brother was smaller than herself but looked as much as like her from what she could tell from the reflections of herself in glass and water. She didn't know what glass was, it was a sheet of water that never shifted and yet held clarity enough for her to recognise her handler through it. It was a curious thing! It always offered distraction from the mundane enclosure in which she inhabited. She wanted adventure, she wanted to see new things and find out what the white flyers tasted like. She huffed and hissed, snapping at her brother for no reason. Mostly spite. He seemed more tamed by his world than she but then she supposed she could not blame him. This was all they knew.

There was a sound and a call from a voice. She knew that voice! She trilled happily and turned, loping towards the wall where she had been trained to go. The doors lifted to reveal a cubicle but she had no fear about entering. It always meant food and scratches in that one place she could not quite reach! The door closed behind her and she looked with large somewhat forward facing eyes that helped her excell in hunting, especially at night.

"There's my girl! How are you doing today, hm? Oh, yes, before I forget," her handler obligingly scratched that one place and her eyes closed with ecstasy. Just there, little lower. Lower! There... oooh... soo good... Her handler was very good at reading her sounds and language and she considered him to be part of the family. Though she wasn't really sure what she was. She had no idea of her raptor, troodon and gods knew what else lay in her genetic makeup. To her, she was a predator who was fast and intelligent with a handler who understood her every whim. She was the queen of this nest!

@ODSTDRAGON

Sorry for delay!)

Felix was a small malnourished thing. Scrawny with orange hair. Had a complicated history to say the least. However the company saw his value and his intelligence. He was the one putting together new and exciting dinosaur based attractions for them. After all who else could put together Rex, rap, and Veloci dna while removing the bird like qualities so the Lizards could rule? Oh there was only one man like that.

Needless to say she didn’t get to spend much time with his favorite creation A special girl, who he’d intended to have the secret feature of making people disappear. They can’t find a body that’s been broken down in a few hours after all! Of course he’d never gotten to use her. She may even eat him if he wasn’t careful which, yeah he was keeping a knife in his shoe just in case. He looked over her design and her growth charts Ooh she was such a smart girl! He was so happy to meet her. And the Handler has mostly good things to say bullied her brother a lot... and loves to be petted. She didn’t come out as big as he had wanted.

Felix check the camera’s and nodded happily. Before buzzing the pen.
“Get her ready I’m comming down to see my beautiful creation.”

The mad scientist got up and went down. Passing other doctors and future park expansion plans. He wanted to make something bigger and smarter, but much more docile, so it wouldn’t end up like Indominus, but that he could still feed people to. That would be exciting a rideable dinosaur he could use to dispose of some nasty coworkers or suits.

Finally he arrived at the pen pausing all sorts of Scaly creatures as he made his way to you. Today was the big dad you got to meet your dad hopefully your trainer had told you or else you were in for a very big surprise! Slowly the 4’2 man, who was secretly a evil child at heart, approached the bars and looked in.

“Oooh they’re just magnificent. Hopefully they’ll be a big hit once they’re ready for our guests...”

"Seems you've got yourself a visitor today,"

A vistor? She didn't like visitors much. They were new scents to ascertain the difference between boring, intersting and food. That was a tricky process, chiefly because she had learned two-legs were the sort to lie and deceive. She hardly lost the 'find the meat treat' games her handler devised for her and consistently challenged him in finding better ways for her to work things out. She wasn't sure why he did this but it was a fun game and she liked games. Perhaps her little two-leg was bored and was entertaining himself along the way. He certainly seemed happier with her around. Either way, she did not mind. He was her chief source of food and scratchings. She wasn't going to bite that hand. Not until she was free at least.

She wondered what life would be like out of her paddock. It was sizeable but it wasn't freedom. The world was bigger. Everyday she caught scents she did not know. Some spicy and others sweet. There was a steady mix between mammalian and reptilian and avian scents.

Maybe that vistor could be useful. Her handler, for all his usefulness, did not seem inclined to let her go free or at least he looked like he was unable to. She had learned that they had a kind of hierachy where one obeyed the other. A form of dominance perhaps, like it was for her? She assumed it to be so.

"Try and behave, huh? I know you," her handler continued, obliging her with another scratch in that hard to reach spot before he made sure the bars and lock that held her head were secure. He did not want her to go biting this visitor. It would be hard to earn back the trust he had built with her if she did anything and the visitor reacted badly to it. He was acutely aware that she considered him as one of hers even if she bullied her brother. She bullied him in her own ways too but he seemed to be held in a higher esteem.

Reno looked as a figure approached and frowned slightly before he nodded, "I have no doubt, Sir."

She looked at this visitor with large eyes that were adapted for hunting at night but it was now day so the pupils drew into tight slits as she regarded this small two-leg with weirdly coloured down on its head. The closest she could compare that too was the feathers that covered her body in certain parts. They were small, more like down that chickens had when they were babies. It was a convenient form of insulation. The exceptiosn were on her tail, elbows and around the back of her head where they were longer and more ornamental with almost an irridescent set of colouring to brighten a little of her otherwise greyish-brown body with draker brown markings that were both stripey and adder like. The feathers on her head she could arch depending on her mood. They were not as vibrant as her brother's however and that was another part of her bullying him. She was jealous of his far more colourful array.

She was unsure she liked this one. He was small and she doubted he could run fast or kill anything by himself with the small claws, or what she termed as claws and short legs. He smelt fishy too. She gave several clicking sounds, perhaps he had brought her some fish. She liked fish.

Felix has that creepy smilie on his face. He is indeed super short. But that glint in his eye. This creature could out think her at a moments notice. He snaps his fingers and gets a bucket of Fish.

“This is what she likes most yes?” Oh he wanted to hop in there and pet the lovely adorable creation he’d spent so much time on! Of course he couldn’t at least not yet.

Calmly he offered her a fish. He exposed very little of his hand.He didn’t quite trust her. Which of course was to be expected. His hands, were pale and soft. He’d probably never done any kind of hard work. But that smell.... vaguely familiar. Hadn’t she smelt it when she’d hatched? Not momma if she even had one.

“If your a good girl for me they may let you out of the Paddock. At least that’s what I’m told. And then you get to see a much wider world! Isn’t that exciting?” He turns his head to the handler pulling his hand back inside to safety.

“What have we named her? I’ve had ideas for the two for so long!”

Her brother began to creep over he wanted to be doted on and to get the fish and petting to! Which of course meant he was encroaching on her! Of course this was also a special day so maybe exception was allowed. Who knew what this stranger would bring?

(I’m sorry it took so long and is terrible)

She did not like that smile. She had learned that the two legs had faces that were expressive. They could moved their brows and their mouths, ears and nostrils with far more energy than she could. She thought it was how they expressed their intent or displays perhaps. The small two leg's smile was iffy, it was up to something and she gave a low chatter than the other raptor hybrid reacted to with an answering hiss. Seemed Brother disliked him too.

The scent of fish wafted upwards and as much as the cage to her head allowed for her to do, she tilted it, her nostrils flaring with clear interest. Give me that fish, rat. Come on!

"It's a treat, yes," Reno replied calmly, nodding and the man kept closeby as the raptor sniffed towards the offered fish as if to check it beforehand.

Thin, hardly a morsel to it, she mused before she snatched the fish from the small two leg. By comparison, her handler was three to four times this one's bulk and had proven he could keep up with them. She valued her two leg with favour. This one she was not sure about yet. Time would tell. Her head slunk out of the head cage before she slid the fish to the back of her throat and swallowed it greedily. Her two-leg only gave them fish as a treat. She understood why. Her two-leg was smart. Not as smart as she was but smart enough at least. He also gave them respect. That was a lot to ask for.

There was a slight familiarity about this pale one's scent but she didn't recall seeing him before. It was always her own two-leg. Ree-noh as she recognised that sound he answered to when people called him.

Good? She was always good. She gave a snort of indignation. The raptor hybrid tilted her head before movement beside her stirred to drag her attention away. She hissed at her brother, immediately establishing her dominance as her jaws went for his head and neck. The other raptor arched back to avoid the strike but gave an answering hiss that was submissive, understanding who was the boss of who.

Reno nodded and pointed towards her. She looked at him and stood with immediate curiosity as he spoke, "This one is Duchess. Pretty much rules the roost." He then pointed towards her brother and her brother stood with the same poise as herself, "And this fella is Duke. Acts like it only when Duchess isn't too close to hand."

Sorry for taking oh so long!)

Felix watched the raptor closely. Studying her and her details and nodded and watched as she took the fish and gulped it down. She seemed to have a healthy appetite which was good.

“How very fitting. What can you tell me about their behavior Reno? She doesn’t seem like she’d be very willing to listen to me. Do they see you as one of their own?” He thinks for a moment.

“At this rate I need to get much more involved in their development otherwise they’ll leave me all on my own before they’ve grown up! Anyway... do you think they should be separated? And do you think our dear dutchess is ready for the big pen? And potentially Phase Gamma?”

He didn’t know if Reno was in the know about his intentions with the two. He knew he should know the parks instructions but he’d been emailing one of the handlers secretly. His response to the questions of Phase Gamma would probe if this was the correct man. Of course he was seemingly the only one taking care of them. So he really had to hope this was the guy didn’t he? She was going to grow into a big girl! Hopefully she’s become more colorful.

he looks at her and offers her large Salmon. “Can you... sing for my my dear raptor?” He doubted she’d know what it meant but he hopped she would know. Hopefully it meant someone had been doing something he’d asked of them.

Back