1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. New and confused? Can't post? Looking for information regarding account approval? Check out our website guide to see if any of your questions are covered there! If your questions aren't covered under our guide, post them up in your introduction thread or the help forum.
  3. Want to feature one of your roleplays on the front page? See here for information: Featuring Roleplays Again! Accepting Submissions!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We are currently accepting applications for multiple staff positions. Check out our Site Announcements forum for details!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time for another voting drive! As with previous voting drives we will be sending out voting reminders once a day for the first week of a new voting cycle. This helps to get a good position in the top rankings early on. For people wanting to help out around the site but who can't necessarily contribute in other ways, this is a great way to help out. I can't understate how important voting is. Almost all of our traffic comes from TopRPSites, and when we aren't in the top rankings, we don't draw in new users. So get on in there and vote for Storyteller's Circle!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. So as some of you may already know, we're looking to get the website's platform updated to the newest version of Xenforo. The newer platform (Xenforo 2) comes with a lot of solid features and bug fixes from the original Xenforo. To reach this end we have setup a donation campaign for people interested in helping out.
    Dismiss Notice

Official, I'm New and Still Need a Roleplay to Join Thread! Open Roleplay Recruitment!

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tiko, Nov 14, 2016.

1. Tiko

Tiko Demon Goat Staff Member Administrator Chronicles of the Omniverse GM

Goodness we have had so many new faces rolling in that it's hard keeping track of everyone! I'm setting this thread up for all our new arrivals that have joined up and are still actively looking for a roleplay to join. Just post a little blurb about what kind of roleplay you're looking for!

Myself, our staff team, and the rest of our users here on Storyteller's Circle will do our utmost best to ensure that every single person who posts into this thread is paired up with a roleplay. Whether that's through introducing you into an existing roleplay, helping you start your own roleplay, or finding individuals to start up new roleplays for you to join if we don't currently have something available that matches your interests.

If you don't have permissions to reply to this thread, that just means your account hasn't been approved yet. Make sure you swing by the introduction forum to introduce yourself first so we can get your account approved!

See here for more details on getting your account approved!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  2. Erenkuron66

Erenkuron66 Member

I'm really into the medieval/fantasy genre, but I'll still go modern if needed. I like secluded settings like forests or maybe very small villages. Magic is encouraged, though I may not use it myself very often, if at all.

3. Tiko

4. DisAPear

DisAPear Member

Howdy! I need help finding a role play! I'm really into supernatural stuff... post-apocalyptic too.... horror too.. cx

5. Tiko

I know someone who will starting up a post-apocalyptic horror roleplay shortly and could still use a few more players. http://storytellerscircle.com/threads/sci-fi-horror-line-of-sight.488/ Would make a good option for something quick and simple to slide into.

http://storytellerscircle.com/threads/chronicles-of-the-omniverse-recruitment.356/#post-6044 If you don't mind something a bit larger scale we could use more players in the Omniverse. We have a supernatural/modernish era region called Lutetia. The Omniverse is pretty large though and can be somewhat overwhelming.

DisAPear likes this.
  6. DisAPear

DisAPear Member

Thank you so much!

7. mysaren

mysaren Awful Gremlin

looking for a modern/urban fantasy rp! or if that doesn't work theres always the classic sci-fi rp ;)

BloodInDaWater likes this.
  8. Tiko

Hm. Modern urban fantasy... there's a region in the Chronicles of the Omniverse roleplay that fits that genre if you would be interested. Let me link you the information page.

http://storytellerscircle.com/threads/chronicles-of-the-omniverse-recruitment.356/#post-6044 That post in our recruitment thread offers a brief preview about the region.

If interested you can find more in depth information here: http://storytellerscircle.com/threads/lutetia.361/

If you think you would like to give the roleplay a spin let me know and I'll hook you up with someone who can help you get started :)

BloodInDaWater likes this.
  9. Alaris

Alaris Cricket with Arthritis

Hello! I would like help finding a roleplay. I would like supernatural but nothing like vampires or werewolves (they can be included as long as it would be possible to not be one myself) and preferably little to no sci-fi.

10. Rorshach's Journal

Rorshach's Journal You're locked in here with me.

Ooh, you might want to check out Lutetia, in our Omniverse epic RP! Here's a link!

There are Vampires and Werewolves - both play important roles in the story - but you can play whatever you want. The setting is mid-90s, so nothing too lasers and space ships. :)

Gypsy and DisAPear like this.
  11. Shadowwell

Shadowwell Active Member

I would like a superhero or academy style rp if possible, as i am most familiar with those. That being said i am open to nearly any genre aside from certain fandoms.

Kkirchmann21 likes this.
  12. Tiko

We do have a superhero roleplay available. It's called Gods Among Men. Saarai is running it.

http://storytellerscircle.com/threads/epic-gods-among-men.455/

It hasn't started yet, but you can talk to him if your interested :)

There might be an academy roleplay opening up soon as well. I'll keep you posted on that.

13. Kristof Martin

Kristof Martin New Member

Hello everyone! Avid fan of Roleplaying here, there isn't a single genre I turn down! Not sure if it would help those looking for a specific criteria of participant, but my Character typically is a Human/Giant Hybrid from Scottish/Celtic giant ancestry, things like Fantasy and genres along those lines are my favorites. But I never turn Genres down! Anyone feel free to message me, or if I'm gone I always check my email [email protected], notifications are always on! Don't be hesitant to reach me if you need an extra!

Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
    DELM likes this.
  14. Tiko

You know... we do have a region in the Omniverse, loosely norse inspired... that has humans and giants both (hybrids do happen now and again). The humans on average are larger than normal due to the genetics from those rare pairings circulating over the generations.

There's a story arc in the region that's currently pulling in new players.

http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/chronicles-of-the-omniverse-recruitment.356/ that's our recruitment thread. The area in particular that we could use you is is the Elysian Vanguard.

If it catches your interest, you can read more in depth details into the Elysian Vanguard here: http://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/the-elysian-vanguard.357/

15. ElysianSyzygy

ElysianSyzygy Windswept Nomad

Howdy!
    I suppose Supernatural/Fantasy would be a top genre for me. Magic, archery, swordplay, witches, elves, dragons, princesses, knights, warriors, vikings, Norse, mythology, pirates and all that is cool.

Victorian era, Ancient Egyptian, Japanese/oriental influence, Viking Era...<some random settings

So... yeah, there's a start ^.^

16. Knosis

Knosis Grumpy Badger Staff Member Moderator

Well, I don't have a high fantasy world, but Equinox has some magic(very little though) Swordplay, knights, princesses, warriors and mythology. Give me a poke if this interests you :)

17. ElysianSyzygy

ElysianSyzygy Windswept Nomad

I will give it a look when I can (in the next few days! I dont want to overload too much (currently looking into the Masquerade and Omniverse, so I want to get started with those more fully). Thanks so much!

18. Randium

Randium Member

I'd love to see something like these subjects;
    - Zombie Apocalypse
    Something like the Walking Dead, but maybe not that much of people fighting each other, more about having to survive the zombies while searching for a base, food and other survivors.
    - Superhumans
    Rather not attached to a certain brand (like Marvel or DC). I mean, what's cooler than making your own Avengers? :D
    - Medieval
    Anyone who has ever played The Yawhg knows exactly what I mean. I'd love to have a medieval village that tries to help each other out in their daily struggles, while preparing for an upcoming disaster - although nobody exactly knows what that disaster is.

One of the most important things I am looking for is the cooperation of different people. I'd love to see characters fight each other here and there, but I love to see players cooperating to finish the story with a happy end.

Gypsy likes this.
  19. Bernar

Bernar Active Member

Hi.
    I prefer playing as the villain or antagonist.
    As for the genre: fantasy, supernatural, horror. I like well-built worlds with precise rules. Usually medieval times but anything is fine.

20. Andromeda

Andromeda The Local Cyberpunk

Hoi. I'm currently on the lookout for anyone doing a cyberpunk RP. If that's not availible then I'll just have to settle for any Dark SF you guys have. If that isn't availible then here's a short list of things that I'm also willing to try out:
    • Modern post-apocalyptic stuff. Can be zombies, nuclear armageddon or the common cold getting a bit too out of hand. However, it's gotta be a serious (or at least semi-serious) roleplay because I'm not really one for comedy. A hint of realism is nice too but it's not really required (but Mad Max stuff is always welcome).
    • Modern thrillers. Anything that can work as an action movie on the big screen.
    • Space westerns. Gimme something that would make Joss Whedon proud.
    • Halo-esque. Anything that would remind me of Master Chief and friends.
    None of this is set in stone. I'm willing to compromise.