[Old] 1st Age: Genesis - Obsolete

A large grin spread across Vanoss' face as he turned to lead the Allfather to his domain. He contemplated what he would first show Father. Calling out for the Allfather to follow Vanos began to jog towards his forest.

Arriving at his domain, Vanos first showed his Father all the animals he had made, then he showed him his trees and plant-life, followed by his wisps, and lastly his wanderers. Vanos showed each creation as a child would each new toy he was given. As Vanos presented each of his creations he would expectantly look to the Allfather for signs of approval and would clap his hands and smile when it was given.

When he finished Vanos gazed at the Allfather and said "What do you think father? Do you like them?"

@Lazzamore

Raxis seems reluctant to be giving all his dragons to everyone 'Just... make sure they wont be harmed.. and i do trust you.. you are family after all..'

Hakku clapped his hands, excited. "Thank you, brother!" He grinned and asked, "What would you like me to make you?"

Hakku Cackles to himself, rubbing his hands together. "Well, thank you! Would you take me to your domain? I'd like to handpick them."

Miria pouted. She hadn't received anything useful from that whole thing. Not only that, one of the others had received a sword, and she hadn't even gotten a chance to look at it. She would have to deal with that later. The only thing she received was confusion about what the Allfather said. She hadn't created anything in the new world yet. She had planned to wait until the opportune time to introduce conflict among the mortals of the world. Maybe start their first war! Introduce them to smithing and tinkering! She was going to wait, and yet she supposedly made something already? What could she have possibly made? And why would she need to take better care of it?

The sudden impact of the new thing's appendage into the mock limb was surprising. The slime was used to things making contact, even rough contact with it, but the sudden contact was a first. Curious about how it worked, the slime had attempted to mimic the action with its appendage's appendage. The similar part raised what looked like its arm and shot it toward the new thing that had done it first. The only differences were that it didn't make as much of an impact, and that it had hit it in what looked to be its head. Though the impact of the hit was nothing special, the force was enough to melt the hand and arm of the appendage into a gooey mess again, and in its attempt to recover, the slime had surrounded the new thing's head in its substance, accidentally beginning to suffocate it.

@Lazzamore

Luira followed quietly behind Raxis and Hakku, her eyes narrowing as she eyed the latter. Hakku had a honeyed tongue, but he did not know what he toyed with. The realm was still delicate, Luira could feel it, and if Hakku wasn't careful his creations, forged from the fires of selfishness and greed, could plunge their infant planet into darkness forever. Luckily he had claimed the moon, the it's milky surface far from the planet itself. Luira was simply glad she wouldn't have to deal with his boastful mouth and disregard for others much once he retreated back to his isolated planet. His craving for perfection could easily be the downfall of their realm.

As they traveled up and up into the sky, Luira took in Raxis' many islands. Each was unique, beautifully crafted. Dragons romped upon each one, great beasts playing and wrestling and roaring into the clear air. "Brother," Luira said, "You have done well. This domain is wonderful." Luira extended her thin fingers and waved her palm in a circle. Suddenly, the mountains and plains glinted with precious stone and metal, and inside the dragon's lairs lay piles of treasure, purple amethyst, green emeralds, and silver coins. "A gift, in thanks for your generous gift to me. Now your dragons have something to protect. The humans will value these precious stones and metals I have bestowed upon your lands, and your islands are now richer than any other lands in this realm."

Last edited:
'You think they would attack here just for some shiny metals and gems?? Seems a Rather stupid thing to do I dont think they could ever defeat even one of the dragons..'

The Allfather approved of Vanos's efforts. He seemed to like the peaceful atmosphere of his forest. After spending some time enjoying the landscape, the Allfather would propose that they follow Raxis, Hakku and Luira to the Dragon's Floating Islands. Besides seeing Nonpa's vast desert on the way, the trip was uneventful. Though Fidreur would keep his eyes south-east toward his domain, clearly eager to show the Allfather.

"Do not underestimate mortal will, Raxis. They are not us, but still they come from us. That means something." the Allfather said as they approached Verdent, flying islands glimmering with riches.

---
Yegoth looked on in horror; the Living-water seemed to be trying to drown Yolmar! Yegoth screamed in rage as he through his spear into the slimilili, and began trying to remove the slime with his hands. He would stop for nothing, except seeing that it would not work and Yolmar started to turn an unnatural purple. Yegoth grabbed Yolmars shoulders and pulled with all his might in desperation.

@Otomos the Crazy

When she began to tire, Keira saw the Forest of Vanos ahead of her. She was drawn to the lush green trees and the sweet melody of the songbirds. She traipsed into the forest and began to explore Vanos’ creations. A hummingbird glided to her level and flew next to her. Keira reached out to touch it and where her finger grazed its neck the feathers burst into a brilliant shade of ruby. She grinned. The bird darted ahead of her and she followed it through twisting vines and across thick roots to a clearing in the forest. Keira’s gaze gently drifted over the landscape before her. A small pond was surrounded by rolling hills covered in velvet-soft grass. Drooping willow trees created curtain of leaves that brushed against the surface of the water, causing ripples to glide to the shores of the pond. White flowers were dispersed throughout the grassy field and when she saw them, Keira grinned. She began to jump from flower to flower, blessing each one with its own vivid hue. The hummingbird that had led her here still accompanied her and managed to keep up with her utter excitement. When Keira tired, she lay down on a sunny hill and drifted off to sleep with a smile on her lips.

When she awakened after several hours, Keira knew something was wrong. She clutched the ground around her and lifted her hand to her face. She grass in her hand was brittle and crumbled to dust. She jolted upright and looked around her to find that the idyllic clearing was now composed of barren dirt and a layer of dust that might once have been velvet-soft grass.

“No, no, no,” she repeated as she frantically looked around. The pond was sucked dry and the trees around the edges of the clearing had withered and now looked blackened, almost as if they were burnt. She looked to her right and on the ground laid the corpse of her ruby-throated hummingbird.

Tears stung at the corners of her eyes and she began to run. She burst out of the clearing, returning to the remaining forest that she had not yet demolished. Her feet carried her swiftly across the thick roots of the forest floor, but where she stepped, life was removed from the plants that grew there. Lush green forest began to fade to ash grey and Keira called out to her brother.

“Vanos, I apologize! Please forgive me for destroying a portion of your creations!” She cried out as she ran faster and faster until the leafy forest floor turned into the dark, stony base of the mountains. She continued to run deeper and deeper into the inky mountains. She needed to go where she could no longer cause harm. Just as the sun began to fade from the sky, she saw a cavern. She climbed into the mouth of the cave. Twisting black stalagmites the size of humans emerged from the ground around her. She placed a slender hand on a low-hanging stalactite and stepped forward. In the middle of a ring of giant stalagmites was a pool of water. Keira focused her mind and stepped into the water. Colors began to swirl around her, writhing throughout the calm water. As Keira focused her mind, a glowing circle formed on the floor of the pool, causing the colors of the pool to reflect on the walls of the cavern, which made them look almost as if they were covered in gemstones of every hue. The glowing circle became strengthened until it was a bright white. Keira waded further into the pool before diving straight toward the floor and through the glowing circle.

On the other side of the portal was a meadow that looked very similar to the one she had destroyed, except the colors here were infinitely more vivid. The water sparkled a bright azure and the leaves of the willow tree glistened like emeralds. The grass was as soft as a blanket and the flowers that coated the richly colored blades were stunning. The fields of grass extended as far as the eye could see and in the distance were limestone cliffs, pristine lagoons, and trees with plump fruit hanging from their branches. Pillowy clouds were strewn throughout the lilac sky and each one seemed to glow with its own unique color.

This world Keira had created was seemingly flawless, but she knew something was missing. She extended one hand and moved her fingers in a circle. The spirit of the hummingbird from Vanos' forest emerged from the air. The hummingbird looked almost lifelike, except for the way that light seemed to pass through its body. It cast no shadow. Instead, a glowing aura seemed to emanate from its body and tinged the air with a ruby tint. Keira reached out her finger and the hummingbird landed on it. It gazed up at her and chirped. She smiled and spoke.
"Well, little one, I think I'll call you Felim."

It was warm, so very warm, inside the darkening starball that father had set her off into. She really enjoyed it's warmth and would have stayed in there forever if it hadn't been for the life she could feel outside of its confines What would be out there? She knew her brothers and sisters could make lots of things that she couldn't even begin to imagine and then she could play with them all. A wide, crooked smile spread across her lips as she began to open her eyes.

It was time to emerge.

The ball of fire that Firlena had been inside was now a blackened ball of ash that slowly began to fall apart and drift into the sky as black and red embers. A small woman stepped out of the ashes and stretched lazily. She appeared to be young and wore a light dress. Her white hair was pinned up with twigs and small limbs and decorated with many different buds and flowers. Her goldenrod eyes looked to the soft mossy ground and she dug her naked toes into the mushy earth.

It felt tremendously good which made her giggle a little.

One look around her and she knew she was in Vanos' foresty land. It was really gorgeous. What a sight! She sighed and decided she needed to see what the others had made also!

"Hmmm" Firlena bit her lip. She couldn't create much of anything like her siblings. She mostly liked to play around with what her siblings had already made. "Oh!" An idea came and she got to work pulling three strands of her hair from her head. She ran the silvery strands through her mouth and threw them in the air. The hairs grew and transformed into three large four-legged creatures with manes and tails of the same color as Firlena's hair. They had large pearlesque horns on their heads.

They shook and stomped and 'neighed' happily at their birth. Firlena jumped up and down happily at her one and only bit of creation. "Yay!" She clapped! "You are all so beautiful! No one but the purest of souls and innocent of hearts (and maybe my siblings) should be able to set eyes on you all! You will help me watch over everyone here so that we can do our best!" She clapped and put her hands on her hips, obviously proud. Her creation was finished even if she hadn't used any part of this new world to make them.

As she stood admiring her creation she heard a sad sound that made her lips turn downward. It was Keira. She looked to her left and saw her running through forest. A wake of decay behind each footstep. She watched Keira run past and blinked a few times.

"I think we should go see why she's upset!" She said in a sing-song voice and began heading in Keira's direction. "KEIRA!" She would shout in that same voice. "KEIRA! Why are you sad?"

Last edited:
Luira nodded at Raxis' question, agreeing with the Allfather. "The human's path's shall be complex. Many choices will lay before them, but these minerals I have given to you as a gift will surely drive many of them." She turned. "If it is all right with you, I shall choose my mounts now." She stepped out into the islands, turning and admiring each of the dragons in turn. Her gaze fell upon three grouped together- one with scales the color of sapphires, one of amethyst, and the third a deep, cloudy grey, with metallic spikes tinted with silver. They stood still and observant, unlike the others, their reptilian eyes piercing and wise, their tails swishing gracefully through the lush grass. She motioned to those. "I should like those three Raxis. Will you give me permission to adopt these three dragons from you?"

'Yes just be sure to take good care of them alright?' Raxis looks over at Hakku 'you might as well go find your own..'

Last edited:
Hakku nodded. "Thank you, brother. I promise your creatures will be happy." He scoured the islands, looking for his perfect template. His choice came in the form of two dragons, one thin and graceful, the other large and stubborn. They both recoiled as he approached, and were soon swept away into the Aether above. The young moon, still red and boiling, could not accommodate them. Hakku put them into a sleep like death, that they may not breathe nor think. Cooling a great island from the fiery ocean, he set their bodies down upon the cooled stone. Now, he could begin his work. He carefully, methodically took them apart, laying their pieces neatly in rows and stacks. Their blood was garrisoned to a glass sphere, their bones neatly arranged, their skin and organs laid out before him. Hakku began to shape new pieces from the starlight and the smooth surface of moonstone.

Last edited:
"KEEEIIRRAA!" Firlena traipsed through the forest, following the deathly footprints that led the way to Keira's domain. Her new creatures followed her quietly until they reached a rocky area where they would have a hard time travelling. Firlena stared at the area. She knew where Keira had gone, but she still wanted to see her sibling.

Keira was special to Firlena, and even though she had no idea what Keira thought of her, she loved her sister and wanted to console her.

Firlena sighed heavily and decided that she would come out when she was ready. "Well! What should I call you!" She perked up and gleamed at her three quiet animals. "Hmmm." A thin finger tapped her chin in thought until her eyes lit up. "I know! Unicorn! You are Unicorns!" She patted one on the side.

For long days Hakku laboured at his new creations; measuring, pulling, and shaping. He fit together bones and blood vessels, laid organs inside and fastened tendon and muscle. Upon it all he stretched moonstone skin. The new creature was a long, patterned being. Its skin shone in the moonlight, reflecting like glass upon its gentle surface. Upon its eyeless head was a grand, circular horn, furrowed and creased in perfect order. Finally, he cut his hand, and let his shining essence slip into the sphere of blood. The red liquid came alive, churning into a vibrant blue. He grasped the sphere, and poured into his the chest of the dead body. Veins and arteries sipped their life from within, and sealed their ends. The creature's heart began to beat, and it breathed a first breath. There were Hakku's first creations. One was male, the other female. They arose, slowly, to see themselves in the reflection of the mirrored ground where they had been born. They had no memory of what they had previously been, and for all they knew, Hakku was their creator. He walked with these beings upon the magma and fire of the young moon, and he whispered in their ears the things he would make for their own pleasure.

They saw by the stars and the dust of the Aether. They flew without wings. To Hakku, these creatures were the first true beauty of the world. Others would say they were his first blight.

Vanos Was walking through the forest when he heard Keiras cries of apology. Shifting into a large Red haired stag he bounded after her. Bursting into the now dead clearing, Vanos Shifted back to his proper form and knelt sobbing. He picked up the corpse of the small red necked Humming bird and wept over it. All the forest shifted to a duller color as vanos wept. The animals seemed timider. The grass not so green and the air not as crisp.

@stargazer
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Thank you, And yes Raxis I did enjoy it." Said the Allfather with a smile. Turning, He gave a quick farewell to Luira. The Allfather looked back to Raxis saying "Now Raxis, I would love to see what you've made with my gift."

@Spike1d23

Back