Surprised by Alex's quick feet the woman was caught in his embrace. "Let go you hairless ape!" Despite her size, the woman was surprisingly strong and was doing her best to try to get her sword arm free to get rid of Alex.

Tifa still didn't let her guard down as she addressed the now captured woman. "Maybe we'll be friendlier as soon as you calm down."

"Fat chance on that happening." Sodom walked up pointing his sai straight at her head. "Calm down little lady, or I'll pop this thing right between your eyes. won't be such a psycho psycho then won't you?"

"When I get my arms free I'm going to slit your throats and dance in your blood!" She was struggling even harder now trying to break free.

Sodom just waved her off. "Yeah, yeah, heard it all before."

@Yun Lee

Alex would make sure to keep the woman's arms pinned as he held her up off the ground, in a sort of bearhug where her back was to him. "Could someone disarm her while we got her like this?" He grunted the question through gritted teeth, attempting to keep a solid hold despite her frantic struggling. "I'd feel a helluva lot comfier doin' this without the threat of gettin' shanked."

@Jeremi

"Yeah, yeah I'm on it!" Sodom came up to pry the sword from the woman's hand. "Come on now missy! Let go of that poker already!" The woman suddenly got a smirk on her face as she reached out with her legs around Sodom's neck and used the moment to twirl both him and Alex to the ground to break free of the hold.

She didn't miss a beat and skipped back towards one of the tunnels. "Ha! Better luck next time maggots! I told you there's no way you can take me o-!" Before she could finish the entire cave started to shake as something started to come closer. "What the? What are you guys doing!"

"It's not us!" Tifa shot back at the woman as she tried to not lose her balance. The shaking got louder and louder before something burst through from behind the woman which caused her to fall face-first into the ground. As the dust settled the trio could see what had caused the shaking.

170px-PMTTYD_Hooktail_Artwork.png

"I thought I heard some little snacks! Been so long since I've had such a tasty and lively morsel!" A large red dragon had emerged from the hole, large enough that only half of it had managed to squeeze through the hole it had created.

"Whaaaa?!" Sodom shouted in surprise. "That doorgone is huge!" Sodom looked rather panicked around trying to figure out what to do. The dragon meanwhile was trying to get its full body inside the cavern and hadn't noticed the woman near its feat yet as she tried to struggle up to her feet.

"Don't run away!" The dragon bellowed to the trio. "I'll be with you in a second!" Its feet were stomping and as it raised its leg high the woman was right under it. If that foot came down there wouldn't be much left of the thief.​

@Yun Lee

Alex grunted as he hit the ground, trying to gain his bearings back quickly as he could. He started to get to his feet, lurching forward as if he was about to charge after her. "Ugh...hey! Get back here, you--" But the sudden quake made him lose his footing and stumble forward onto his knees.

Oh, for the love of...a dragon?! Come on! Alex knew that all three of them probably couldn't take that thing without one of the bunch ending up in as bad a shape as Tom (his money was on Sodom honestly), so the dragon's comment about not leaving was something he was eager to disobey. But as he readied to take off, he noticed the thief literally at death's door. Now, to be completely honest...nah. He really never wanted to kill her in the first place. Beat her to a pulp for hurting his family, sure, but death? Even for a psycho like her it was a bit much. So, as much as the thought of helping someone who had just tried to kill him moments ago sounded crazy, it's just what he did. Alex charged forward, grabbing the woman by the ankles to drag her out of harm's way...maybe a bit rougher than needed, but hey. He want her alive, not unharmed.

@Jeremi

The tug sent the woman sliding to the feet of Tifa who checked up on her. The woman had a nasty gash on her forehead, no doubt from some fallen debris. "She's breathing but unconscious," Tifa got up from checking up on her and turned towards the dragon readying herself for an attack. "So what are we going to do?" She asked both Sodom and Alex. "It's not the first time I've fought a dragon and I know both of you can hold your own in a fight."

The dragon was still trying to get free into the larger area as Tifa looked at both of her compatriots ready to see what they had decided.

@Yun Lee

So, they were gonna fight it after all, huh? Alex had never fought a dragon before, but it was better than that thing getting out into the village. "If that's what we gotta do, then let's do it," he said. "If we can take it down before it breaks outta that wall, we got an advantage." In any other fight he'd consider it fair, but c'mon. It's a giant freaking dragon. "Either of you got any guns or lasers or somethin' like that, or we all just lettin' our fists do the talkin'?"

@Jeremi

Tifa smirked. "Luckily I didn't end up here empty-handed."

Tifa's glove shone a soft green before a similar if more potent ice attack she had used on the roaming sun earlier was fired towards the dragon hitting it right on the snout.

Sodom still looked a bit unsure but had his sais ready. "It might be big but I can still stab it hard!" He shouted charging towards the dragon with his blades ready.

The ice spell seemed to have caught the dragon off guard for a moment as it tried to break off the ice crystals that had formed on its head from the attack causing the cave to rumble as it tried to lash towards its attackers.​

@Yun Lee

"Hold on a minute...!" Still uneasy about facing the dragon up close, Alex called out to Sodom. "I got an idea! If Tifa can keep shootin' ice at that thing, we can try to cause some sorta cave-in!" The dragon was already doing the work for them, yeah? So why not help her out and avoid her jaws?

@Jeremi

Sodom stopped mid charge. "Huh...that's not a bad idea! In fact, it's a psycho idea! Let's mess with this overgrown lizard and get it to drop this cave on its fat head!" Alex could spot a load barring log not too far off on either side of the entrance that the dragon was trying to breakthrough. Maybe if he and Sodom each turned their attention towards one.

Tifa nodded. "Sounds like a plan!" As she fired another ice spell towards the dragon.

"Ah! So rude!" The dragon bellowed. "I'll get you in my tummy soon enough! After I get this...ICE off me!" The dragon sent a stream of fire towards Alex and Sodom.

@Yun Lee

"GO LEFT!!!" Alex bellowed as he rolled to the right, away from the dragon's fire. He really had to pat himself on the back for this one. This had to be the smartest thing he'd ever come up with! Of course, they'd actually need to SURVIVE in order for it to have any merit, but still.

Once he got to his spot, Alex started pulling at the log to get it off. As much as punching sounded great, if he got too caught up in it he'd end up right where the clown lady was.

@Jeremi

Sodom just nodded in a panic as he listened to Alex and baseball slid to the left under the stream of fire the dragon sent forth. Not missing a beat he went straight back to running as the fire passed and he hit the log hard with his should sending some woodchips flying but it would take more than that to take it down.

Tifa meanwhile kept the pressure on with her ice spell but Alex suddenly found a massive claw coming down and try to crush him where he stood.

@Yun Lee

"Wha--" Crap! There wasn't time to duck out of the way of that damn thing. On instinct Alex reached out and attempted to grab the claw like he would a guy in the ring. Maybe he was strong enough to keep that thing at bay...or at least from killing him?

@Jeremi

“Alex!” Tifa’s shout came in vain as the dragon’s claw came rushing down on him. Slamming down hard he’d feel the pressure reverberate in his entire body as it hit him. The force had left a small crater in its wake and the continuing pressure would be too much for him if it went on much longer.

Luckily Alex got some reprieve as the claw was violently forced aside. If he looked up from his hole he’d see Tifa standing above him. “I’ll keep it occupied! Try to get that log to break!” As she said that she leaped into action towards the dragon aiming a punch at its snout.

@Yun Lee

Wow. Okay. So that failed miserably. Alex was sure he'd be seeing little birds if he was a cartoon character. Thank God for Tifa bailing him out or he'd really be dead meat. Getting up, Alex lightly smacked his face with both hands to pull himself together. Yeah he was sore, but he'd live. Least he didn't break any bones this time.

He needed to make this quick, though, so he started beating on the log to take it down from the top. Raising his fists over his head he'd keep smashing down on it from above in the hopes he could do some damage before that damn dragon came calling again.

@Jeremi

At first, it didn't seem like Alex's tactics were working. Tifa was doing her best trying to keep the dragon from focusing on Sodom or Alex but she was only one person after all and whatever allowed her to use that ice magic seemed to be spent as she was just attacking it with her fists and legs now.

But Alex's tenacity soon bore fruit as the log started to splinter and crack before it broke neatly in the middle and fell causing the structure around the dragon to shake violently. Sodom as well managed to break through his load-bearing log causing the shaking to become even more intense.

"This entire crazy place is going to fall down on our heads!"
Sodom shouted as he was almost already out of the chamber. "LET'S GET OUTTA HERE!"

Tifa did one final leap planting the dragon's snout into the ground as she somersaulted away towards the exit. "Hurry, Alex!"

Alex could find trying to make his way out that the thief was still lying unconscious where they had left here even with the mine coming down on them she didn't even stir.

@Yun Lee

Alright, finally! Alex started for the exit, not wanting to stick around and end up even flatter than before. But as he ran he noticed that stupid clown still conked out. Oh for the love of...rolling his eyes at his own bleeding heart, he made a brief detour, slinging her body over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes before making a break for the exit!

@Jeremi

Alex could hear a moan from the woman as he picked her up and a roar from the dragon as the entire mine fell down on it.

He could see Tifa and Sodom running upfront as the entire mine system started to crash down behind him. Soon enough though Alex could see the literal light at the end of the tunnel before finally reaching the outside world as the tunnel behind him caved in with the shock from the rocks causing him to stumble as he got out.

Both Tifa and Sodom were there to help him up. "Oh thank goodness you made it," Tifa replied with a look of relief on her face. "I just heard the rocks falling and expected the worst."

Sodom only laughed. "He's from my world ain't he?! We don't break that easily!" Then he spotted the thief who had happened to fall to the ground when Alex got out. "I've left that life behind me but, you probably could've left her inside. Saved everyone a whole lot of trouble."

"This is better," Tifa replied. "Despite what she did, she just kind of sounded sad...and desperate you know? Like a lot of us."

"Oh that's what you call being a raging psycho huh?" Sodom chuckled to himself. Some times he felt that Tifa was a bit too much of a bleeding heart. "Well, we at least don't have to worry about that stinking dragon! If it's alive in there it's going to take forever to dig itself out!"

As Sodom was chatting the woman's eyes suddenly fluttered open as she scrambled to her feet. "Huh?!" Noticing the trio she was ready to pull out her sword only to realize that she didn't have it on her. "You stinking maggots." She stepped back so that she had her back facing the wall to the mine. "Took me along just so that you could kill me yourself huh? Well even like this you insects won't take me down too easily!"
@Yun Lee

While Tifa and Sodom began talkimg about the woman, Alex leaned against the rock of the now closed-off cavern, catching his breath. Thank God that was over. He'd almost died like, what, three times back there? Nothing had gotten his adrenaline pumping quite like that before, and now all the rage and fury he'd felt all left his system as it had been burned up in that little misadventure.

So, when the bimbo woke up, he waved her away. "Meh. We ain't gonna fight no more," he said. "Well, I ain't gonna, at least. I saved your ass twice back there, no use beatin' you down again." He sighed. "But I guess that means the food's all crushed, huh..."

@Jeremi

"Oh, you're right," Tifa replied dismayed. "But!" She turned to Sodom. "I think we can spare some of our product for charity, don't you?"

Sodom looked like he was about to argue but lowered his finger. "Ugh! You're right! Gotta help the helpless after all."

"Hello!" The woman was angry she was being ignored and Alex's remark seemed to make her furious. "What do you mean, you maggot! Are you just going to let me go?"

"Well..." Tifa thought about it. "I don't think we can just let you go...oh, sorry. I don't think you ever told us your name. I'm Tifa, and you are?"

She looked like she wasn't going to respond but. "Kronya, and don't you forget it." She looked at the three again. "You're really not going to fight me to the death are you?"

@Yun Lee

"Hell no!" Alex replied, getting up and walking over to the thief. He loomed over her, hoping his height advantage would intimidate her into shutting up. "We almost died back there, no thanks to you. And because of YOU," he jabbed his index finger into her shoulder to punctuate, "My old man is outta commission, and the folks in that town ain't got food! So, unless you wanna wait out this Meldin' crap in a cell, you might wanna figure out how you're gonna fix all the mess you caused!"

@Jeremi

Back