"I think we'll sleep here for the night and head out fresh in the morning," Tifa remarked. "The innkeeper offered us a free room for what we did in the mines and we took him up on his offer. It's going to be nice to sleep in a proper bed. Being on the road and all."

"Not to mention fighting a big dragon!" Sodom exclaimed. "That drains a guy, ya know?"

"So are you going to go with them?" Patricia asked Alex as she eyed Tifa. "Being in a car would make you go by faster, wouldn't it?"

Tifa smiled at Alex. "It would be nice with another person with us, especially with Kronya tagging along. She'll still be quite a handful I bet."

@Yun Lee

On the road, huh...? Sounded tempting, even if it meant keeping an eye on their newest employee. But even so, he wasn't sure he wanted to fully. Not with Tom like this... "Sure you'll be okay here? I can take some time off if ya need some extra help while you heal up."

@Jeremi

"If there's one thing I don't want to be it's a burden," Tom replied and looked over to Patricia. "We'll manage just fine if you decide to head out. Not that we wont mind if you stuck around for a bit, but it's up to you."

Patricia looked a little sad for a moment before smiling at Alex. "Yeah! It's always nice seeing you...but I understand that you have to be on the road a lot..."

@Yun Lee

Man, this didn't make the decision any easier. Still though...he couldn't make much money if he stayed in one little town. "The second somethin' happens, I gotta know about it," he said. "You find a way to get in touch, and I come runnin' over. Got it? I ain't lettin' the next thief off half as easy."

@Jeremi

Tom nodded solemnly and Patty smiled. “Of course!” She said. “The moment something bad happens we’ll get in touch! One way or another.”

“Don’t worry about any more trouble,” Tom spoke up. “We’ll start spreading some rumors around about how we have a guy who can beat up dragons and any bandit will probably not think twice about coming in here to cause problems.”

“You at least don’t have to worry about Alex,” Tifa replied with a smile as Tom finished. “We’ll take good care of him so he can get back to you. If he wants to join us that is,” She added.

@Yun Lee

"Well, long as the two of you are okay...I'll go ahead and head out." He smiled, already feeling better about his decision. "'Sides. If I'm off on a food truck I may finally cook somethin' without it settin' fire!"

@Jeremi

"No one touches the grill but me!" Sodom exclaimed. "I got two rules on the road. I drive the truck and I grill the meats. I'm sure we can find some...other uses for you."

@Yun Lee

"Well, guess Patty's stuck with dinner duty for a bit longer then." Man, how was he even gonna be able to sit in this damn truck with all Sodom's rules? Either way though, it's be nice to get out on the road with a roof over his head. "I dunno...you guys need a bouncer?"

@Jeremi

Tifa chuckled. “Sodom’s look usually scares off that crowd but maybe it’s about time we’d get ourselves an official bouncer? Especially with Kronya with us now.”

Sodom nodded frivolously to that. “Yes. Yes! Perfect! Guard dog duty! You will be paid handsomely, if we have good business, for your work! You get Sodom’s psychooooo guarantee for that!”

@Yun Lee

"Sounds like a plan, then. It'll be nice to have a stable job anyways. Gettin' tired of all the odd jobs here an' there." Plus that meant Tom and Patty were getting taken care of, which was what mattered most in the end. "Maybe we could stage some wrestlin' bouts or somethin' to bring in some extra cash. Dinner an' a show, you know?"

@Jeremi

"Oooh, I like that!" Sodom replied with an exciting tone. "We could...hmm yes..." He nodded to himself and seemed to be lost in thought.

"Thank you again for having us over," Tifa replied to Patty and Tom.

"Well, friends of Alex are always welcome!" Patty exclaimed with a smile.

The table discussion continued on for a while until empty plates and full bellies were the only things left. "I do think we better head back," Tifa replied to Sodom. "While defeated you never know if Kronya's gotten to any problems."

"Crap! I totally forgot about her for a moment!" Sodom quickly rose from his chair and bowed towards Patty and Tom. "Thank you for the food, but now I must go!" Just as he was out the door he'd turn around. "Oh! Could you possibly give me a doggy bag of your food? It was so good and I wouldn't to see it go to waste!"

"That's fine, hold on let me go find something to put it in." A short while later Patty returned with the food in a plastic container. "Here you go!"

"Once again thank you so much!" Sodom bowed once again and headed out.

Tifa was well got out of her seat and started to head towards the door. "Thank you from me as well. Have a good night you three and I'll see you all in the morning."

And so Alex was left alone with Patty and Tom.

@Yun Lee

So...this was it then, huh? Alex couldn't help but feel a bit concerned about his choice. Yeah, he'd left before, but he always came back in plenty of time. He was lucky enough to even wind up displaced with Tom and Patty, so to leave 'em for a long stretch of time...

"I'll get in contact with you two soon as I can," he said. "Phones, letters, emails...whatever. An' you better believe I wasn't kiddin' about tellin' me if someone acts up. Bad enough you're on bedrest in the first place."

@Jeremi

"Yeah you don't have to worry about us," Tom replied as Patty started to clean the table.

"It's going to be sad if you're gone for a long time but," Patty smiled. "I know you'll always come back home so I'm not worried! But since you're still here...mind helping me with the table and cleaning the dishes?"

@Yun Lee

Alex was already on it, getting the dish water running. "Anything else you two need me to to around the house? Last chance before I hit the road..."

@Jeremi

"No I think we got it all covered," Tom replied having now moved to the sofa to lay down. "We can always ask the locals. I think we might have become celebrities after your little stunt with the dragon."

With that evening continued on uneventfully and in the morning everyone was ready to go. "Stay safe out there!" Patty gave Alex a hug as Sodom was giving the truck a final check. Tom had opted to stay back in their hut, or Patty had insisted on him to stay in the hut and he finally relented.

"Don't worry, I'll take good care of him," Tifa replied with a smile. As she said that they'd hear the truck starting up.

"There we go! All aboard the Sodom express!" Sodom shouted from the driver seat. Though it was peculiar, Alex couldn't see Kronya anywhere.

@Yun Lee

"See you around Patty," Alex said, having said his goodbye to Tom earlier. As he got into the truck he decided to ask. "Yo, uh, where's our little friend? She didn't run off on us did she?"

@Jeremi

"I wish, but no. She's sitting in the trailer." Sodom motioned behind him.

"She said and I quote "I don't want to cuddle together with you disgusting maggots upfront" so...maybe it was for the best?" Tifa replied as she got in as well. "Probably best to leave her alone. She'll come around eventually...I think."

@Yun Lee

"Yeah, maybe." Alex shrugged, not really minding too much. Living in NYC your whole life, you got used to assholes. He got the feeling Kronya-wrangling would be falling to him for the majority of his time here. "So, where we headed, then? We got a set destination, ir are we goin' wherever the wind takes us?"

@Jeremi

Sodom turned the ignition as the truck sped off. "It's not like we have any maps to work with so we mainly follow the big roads until we reach somewhere! Got enough juice in the tank to get us a long way before refueling!"

"Let's not drive so long that we need to tow it, alright?"

"IT WAS ONE TIME!"

@Yun Lee

"That's usually my plan, too. Just kinda see what takes me where." It usually led to some interesting stops, like when he wound up stumbling into a village full of sentient dinosaurs. Paid him in bugs, too.

@Jeremi

Back