"Then, we're off!" The truck sped off from the village and they were soon enough cruising on the main road they had started on towards the opposite direction.

"It would be nice to listen to some music though. It's a shame that there are no radio stations," Tifa replied after a while.

"What do you mean?!" Sodom grabbed a cassette tape from the dash. "You know I have tunes fired up and ready to go on a seconds notice!"

The look Tifa gave implied that she wasn't really impressed with Sodom's choice of music.

@Yun Lee

"There's a business opening, Meldin' radio," Alex mused. Though noting Tifa's discomfort he could only imagine what kind of music a guy like Sodom would be into. Maybe with his first paycheck he could buy a couple more cassettes if it was really that bad.

@Jeremi

"Tifa's just jealous that I have this tape on stand by!" Sodom would slip it into the cassette player. "Sit back and enjoy! We've got a long ride ahead of us!"

The journey continued on rather uneventfully the scenery changing from the arid desert to a more Mediterranean feeling to it with white cliffs and olive trees. However the main road they were following now changed to a dirt road but despite it, the truck was surprisingly comfortable to ride in even with the bumpy road ahead.

"Aren't you guys happy I got that extra extension on the truck!" Sodom shouted over the music that had been going on for a few good hours now, Alex had lost track after the fifth repeat.

The few people they met on the road looked in shock and amazement at the truck driving by. Looking at their clothing it did feel like they had stumbled into ancient Greece or somewhere similar.

The mountainous area soon made way to flatlands and water as a city came into view.

They were most likely not going to find any gas here though. "This place seems nice," Tifa replied as the truck stopped a bit away from the city. "Looks ancient."

"Yeah can't say I know where we are, but I see chickens running around which means we can at least restock our supplies and get some coin!"​

@Yun Lee

"...huh?" Alex hadn't realized they'd actually ended up at their location. That music was so terrible it just about put him into shock. Somebody needed to introduce this guy to classic rock, and fast...

He didn't need to be told twice about getting out. Hopping out he stretched, his mind finally able to return to reality. "Yeah, I'll say. Looks like somethin' outta my seventh grade history books...just hope they pay with cash."

@Jeremi

"Places like this usually do." Tifa jumped out as well and stretched. "Seems like they haven't seen things like the truck or us before though, I wonder if they don't get many visitors?"

As they talked Sodom had gone to the back and opened the doors to let Kronya out. "I know you're like some sort of goth vampire but you can't sit in the dark all day!"

"Bite me," Alex heard Kronya counter as she jumped out and looked at the place. "What a pathetic place. These people look like they've barely managed to crawl out of the mud."

@Yun Lee

"All that crawlin' probably makes 'em hungry though," Alex replied. He'd decided early on he wasn't taking any bull from this little lady. They had to work together if he wanted that nice paycheck sent home to the family, and he wouldn't give her any chance to cause discord. "Why, what're you used to back home?" A freakshow circus, no doubt.

@Jeremi

"...Living underground in the dark," She mumbled barely audibly. "Because of monkies like you!" She hastily added.

As they were talking Sodom was getting ready to sell some teriyaki putting up the stand in the corner of the road, though it seemed like the people living here were giving them wide berth.

@Yun Lee

Alex drummed his fingers on his crossed arms, watching the crowds. "What, they think we're zombies or somethin'? They're avoidin' us like we're the friggin plague!"

@Jeremi

"They just haven't seen anything like this before, friend!" An unfamiliar voice shot out from the crowd as a woman came into view.

"A massive chariot like that coming into the city would make anyone a bit nervous!" The woman seemed friendly enough as the inspected the four and the truck with interest.​

@Yun Lee

Finally, some foot traffic. "What, the Meldin's been goin' on a few weeks at least, yeah? They ain't seen anyone else comin' though here?"

@Jeremi

"Not with beasts like this! The iron bugs and metal men was something but not even they were the size like this!" The woman replied impressed. "I am Kensa, I am a gladiator at the nearby arena. Welcome to Krokodilopolis!"

@Yun Lee

"Alex. Helluva name for a city," Alex mused. Though that was pretty funny. "What, guys like me an' Sodom are outta place here? Guess livin' in New York got me used to seein' all kindsa folks."

@Jeremi

"I'm not familiar with that place," Kensa replied. "Then again this new world has a lot of things on offer I have never seen before. Though I haven't wandered far from the city due to my obligations."

"Well it's nice to meet you Kensa," Tifa replied. "I'm Tifa, that's Sodom," Sodom gave a friendly wave as he was setting up the stall. "And that's Kronya," Kronya only gave the woman a dismissive look before she wandered off. "Don't worry about her," Tifa assured the woman.

"You all have the look of warriors on you, are you here to fight in the arena?" Kensa asked.

@Yun Lee

"In the arena? What, like a gladiator?" That sounded pretty cool, though he'd remembered thinking the same thing in middle school. Until learning, y'know, that most of 'em died in horrible awful ways. "Nah, we're just here sellin' food. Though maybe that arena's a better place to sell food..."

@Jeremi

"Exactly like a gladiator! Not to brag but I've gotten myself quite a following." She looked over Alex. "If you change your mind I'm sure they'd welcome you for a try out looking like that!"

At the mention of relocating Kensa pondered over it. "Hmm it could be difficult moving your iron beast over there. The streets are narrow and I'm not sure if the bridge might hold it."

Sodom hearing dollar signs in his head got an idea though. "Well, that's easy! We'll just drag the cart and some frozen chicken in a cooler and get our butts over there! Alex!" The backdoor to the truck flung open with the press of a button from Sodom. "Grab that cooler and a couple of chickens with you! Sounds like we've found us a good place to sell the product!"

Tifa smiled at Kensa. "Would you mind giving us some directions?"

"I can show you! My next match starts shortly anyway so I can do it as a gesture of good faith. Perhaps if the patrons see you coming with me they'd be more inclined to try out what you're selling as well?"

@Yun Lee

"On it, boss." Alex grabbed pretty much whatever he could carry in both arms, which was quite a lot. "Let's get goin'. Gotta admit, I'm curious 'bout that arena." Maybe gladiator fights was different here?

@Jeremi

Dragging the grill and food along the path allowed the group to get a good look at the area. While some of the roads were overrun with water the city itself looked rather impressive with its huts and houses. It wasn't often you could see history as close up like this. Much like where they parked the truck the population seemed wary of them but soon enough they found themselves at the entrance of the arena.

There was already a small gathering at the front of the gates. "This is where I must leave you," Kensa replied. "Good luck to you today!"

"Same to you!" Tifa replied smiling. As Kensa left Sodom put down the grill and everything next to the entrance as he stretched his back.

"I think it's about time we start selling some chicken!" Kronya meanwhile was loitering a bit behind the others a clear look of disdain on anyone that looked at her funny.​

@Yun Lee

Alex waved Kensa farewell. "Thanks. Good luck in the match." Though as they started getting to business, he noticed Kronya's evil eye. For the love of...that girl was gonna scare away already tense locals! He took a step in front of her, hoping to cut her off from everyone in the crowd.

@Jeremi

"...What?" Kronya asked the muscled blond looming over her. "These vermin dare look at u- me like this? I could cut them down with out even a thought and they have the audacity to look down on me?"

@Yun Lee

"If you wanna cut people down so bad, do it in the arena. We're tryin' to get people to come over and shop, not keep their distance cuz we're scarin' 'em away." I mean, she did admit to living underground, so...did she not know how business worked?

@Jeremi

Back