"Oh? You want me to get weapons? I thought you wanted me around like a little pet you could point your finger and laugh at," Kronya snapped at Alex as she looked over to the arena.

"Get your ter- fried chicken skewers here!" If Alex turned around he'd see that Sodom had gotten the grill going and Tifa was trying to stoke up some costumers to try it out. "Only...two whatever currency you use!"

@Yun Lee

"You got a real messed up view of reality kid. Anyone ever tell you that?" Alex rolled his eyes. "You're here cuz there ain't no jails nearby an' we figured community service would do ya some good!" Under his breath he muttered, "'Least a pet would bring more customers in..."

@Jeremi

"I just see reality for what it is," Kronya shot back. "There are winners and losers and I refuse to be a loser anymore! You vermin all think you're so high and mighty, all of you are the same. Thinking you own the place because of what? You can beat two sticks together? Dream on."

@Yun Lee

Alex just stared at Kronya in disbelief. Man, was she lucky she met him now that he wasn't so hot-headed. The folks outside the arena would get a free battle! "Oh my God...you're q goddamn lost cause." Alex waved her off. "Glare at whoever you want, see if I care." Deciding to change the subject before his blood boiled over, he joined with Tifa and Sodom. "Who's hungry? Come get some grub! Finest food in all of uh...around!"

@Jeremi

Kronya looked mad at Alex just dropping the fight and stormed off in a huff towards the arena entrance before vanishing inside.

As Alex joined in on trying to gather some costumers a well-off looking man came over to glance over the food before ordering a skewer off Sodom. One bite and two bites...He seemed quite pleased with the offer and handed over two coins of unknown currency before heading to the arena.

That seemed to open up the floodgates as a small line started to form to get their hands on the teriyaki.

@Yun Lee

Now that was more like it! It seemed warding Kronya off was just what they needed. And hell, maybe she'd blow off some steam taking people on in there? Either way, Alex decided to help out selling what they had. He'd pick her up once they were sold out.

@Jeremi

The costumers continued on a steady flow the entire day until all the cooler was completely empty. As the sun started to set, sodom was putting up the sold-out sign while Tifa took the chance to speak with Alex. "Whew, didn't think we'd get a lot of costumers here but seems like they finally turned around! Most of them seemed happy with the food as well so that should make Sodom happy."

@Yun Lee

"No kiddin'. All it takes is one...hey, maybe we could get Kronya to play as oir first customer in new spots once she comes around." Oh crap, speaking of... "That's right, she hopped off into the arena earlier. Guessin' we should go an' collect, yeah?"

@Jeremi

"I was wondering where she went off to," Tifa replied before turning towards Sodom. "We're going to go and look for Kronya! Are you going to be okay alone?"

Sodom waved them off. "Of course I am! Now go and find that emo girl so she can scrub the grill!"

Entering the arena they two found themselves in a huge open area with a path on either side leading to the seats while a path straight ahead led into the battle area. They couldn't see Kronya around but they did spot one familiar face in the form of Kensa who seemed to be talking with an elderly gentleman.

@Yun Lee

"Yo, Kensa!" Alex waved at the gladiator and the gentleman she was talking to. "You seen the redhead we was with? She wandered in here a bit ago...hope she didn't cause you guys any issues."

@Jeremi

Kensa had a smile on her face when she turned to face the two. "Who? Kronya? No, she caused quite a spectacle when she stormed the arena and defeated all the gladiators there. With no weapons."

"Kensa, she humiliated me!" The old man replied.

"Or perhaps, Felix, you just need better fighters?" Kensa laughed. "Pardon me, this is Felix Martialis the owner of this arena. Felix, these are the people I mentioned to you."

"Ah yes, the outsiders. Welcome to Krokodilopolis and my arena." He eyed both Alex and Tifa with interest. "You two seem quite formidable. Have you ever considered gladiator work?"

@Yun Lee

Yep. Sounded like Kronya alright. "Y'know, Kensa mentioned somethin' like that out there," Alex said. "I'd be up for it, if I wasn't takin' care of my family back home."

@Jeremi

"Well if you work, and survive, it's quite easy to get yourself sponsors that take care of you," Felix remarked giving Alex a second look over. "Perhaps you and Kronya would be interested in working as a duo? I can't promise you much if you stay for a short time, but the spectators might welcome some fresh faces into the mix."

@Yun Lee

If there for a short time, then maybe his risk of getting offed would be pretty low. Plus he could drum up more business for Tifa and Sodom while he was at it... "Tell ya what. There a place indoors where my associates can sell their food? If we can get somethin' like that worked out, you got yourself a deal."

@Jeremi

"Yes, I did you see out there selling your wares..." Felix thought about it for a moment. "10% of your profits and I'll allow you to set up shop inside." He motioned around them. "Spacious enough to survive yet another line."

"While I don't speak for Sodom," Tifa remarked. "I think he'll say yes to that. You got yourself a deal." And a handshake sealed it.

As they spoke they would notice Kronya leaving the arena with a brand new sword in her hand and looking mighty pleased with herself.

@Yun Lee

"Sounds good. It'll be nice to be back in the ring for once." Though there was no faking here. Everything was very very real. Noticing Kronya he nudged Tifa. "There she is. Better fill her in on our plan." He had the sneaking suspicion she may not be too happy about partnering up. Heck, he wasn't either, but money is money.

@Jeremi

Tifa nodded and made her way towards Kronya. "Hey Kronya. Sooo, we just talked to Felix and..." As Tifa talked Kronya's face soured rather quickly.

"What? I don't need this gorilla with me to fight!" She shot back.

"Well according to Felix that's the only reason why you'd allow to fight a second time. He wasn't too happy with you earlier," Tifa countered. "Besides I think even you would have trouble if whatever guards they have here came after you."

Kronya glared at Tifa before turning towards Alex. "And you're okay with this I bet? Any way to make me look bad and undermine me!"

@Yun Lee

"I'm only fine with it cuz it means sendin' money back home to my family." He narrowed his eyes. "Family YOU injured, lemme remind you. Keep doin' your own thing, I'll only step in if you get outta line. Play your cards right an' it'll be like I ain't even there."

@Jeremi

"Tch! Fine!" Kronya sounded defeated but seemed to accept it. "Just don't get in my way or I'll cut you down!"

"He won't!" Tifa replied smiling. "But I think it's time we should head back. See how much we got from today's sales."

@Yun Lee

Alex nodded. He had the feeling the real danger in the ring wasn't gonna be the people he went up against. "See ya tomorrow," he said, waving farewell to Felix and Kensa before heading back out.

@Jeremi

Back