"It's because I do not do it the way they wish," the bartender remarked to Alex. "Their practices are a more...bloody affair."

The son of Sobek that had clutched his sword took a few steps closer to the counter. "We know what it takes to please Sobek!"

"Sobek does not seek murder!" The bartender shouted in rage slamming his fist unto to the counter. "Most people of this city are afraid of you but I am not! I will not let you spout your insanities and harm no one. Now. Get. Out."

The look on the son of Sobek was the face of fury as the blade escaped his hilt. "For that, old man. You will perish and your establishment will be set afire as an offering to Sobek." With sword in hand, he charged ready to cut down the bartender where he stood.

@Yun Lee

"Aw, Hell!" Why did every freaking new religion these days have to be so goddamn violent? Alex still wasn't fully sure how he felt about Sobek, but right now the guy wasn't doing too hot in his books.

Acting out a bit on instinct, Alex crouched to the ground and aimed a hard shove at the oncoming attacker. "If you're that hard-pressed for a fight, buddy, you better take it to the arena! At least you got a chance to get paid!"

@Jeremi

The attacker that went for the bartender was shoved hard enough to sending him face-first into the wall knocking him out. Seeing this the other two with him drew their swords and charged at Alex.

@Yun Lee

"Really? Bringin' weapons to a brawl? If you can't fight on your own..." From his position on the ground, the wrestler extended his leg out, attempting to bring down the two in one sweeping low kick. "Then you losers may as well stay home!!"

@Jeremi

One of them fell to the ground with a heavy thud while the other managed to leap back. He was ready to charge when he heard someone talking to him. "Oh dear, such manners...you would think that acolytes like you had more manners..."

The cultist seemed momentarily distracted by the unknown man while the other two didn't seem to be getting up any time soon.

@Yun Lee

Not sure who his new tag partner was, Alex sure as hell wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. The wrestler took the momentary distraction to get up and try to lock the last guy into a chokehold. Better than going to knock him out and failing miserably.

@Jeremi

The acolyte tried to struggle free from Alex’s grip. The further he was in the grip however the more his rabid escape slowed until he stopped entirely as he lost consciousness. With that, all the three seemed to have been taken care of.

The first one groaned and crawled up from where he had fallen. Realizing that it was a fool's errand to try and fight back he grabbed his two still knocked out friends as he shouted curses at those in the establishment. “T-this will not stand!” He shouted between grunts. “We’ll be back!”

With that, he vanished into the street. The bartender wiped his forehead with his rag as he looked at Alex. “I thank you stranger, but I’m afraid you have only welcomed more chaos to my establishment.”

“Just simple rabble,” The mystery man spoke up again smiling at both bartender and Alex. “Nothing to worry about I can assure you.” He tossed a few coins on the bar desk. “Now would it be too much to ask to get two cups of that fine wine of yours to myself and my new friend over there? He looks like he’d deserve it.”

The bartender protested about the payment but the stranger insisted. Soon enough Alex and the stranger were sitting at a nearby table. The man sat silently for quite some while sizing Alex up before he finally replied. “My keen eye tells me that you’re not from here are you?” He was still dressed in full outdoors clothes with his hat on but somehow in the evening humidity, there was not even one sweat drop on him.

@Yun Lee

"If you need protection for the next couple days while these thugs cool down," Alex offered the bartender, "I'm your guy." It was the least he could do for the poor man after all that crap. If needed he could stick around this place before moving out on his own, unless the food stand sold well and they wanted to set up shop? Bah, they could figure things out later. Right now Alex had company.

Wine wasn't really his drink of choice, but it's rude to turn down a free drink, so he took a sip of it while studying the mystery man, himself. Kinda eccentric, but he couldn't tell if he was friend or foe just yet. "Bingo. I dunno if you ever heard of the place, but I'm from New York. What about you? Is this your turf, or did you get all moved around, too?"

@Jeremi

The stranger shook his head. "I am just a traveling vagabond."

"Ardyn Izunia is the name. A pleasure, I'm sure." He took a sip of his wine before putting it back down on the table. "I must say this place is one of the more peculiar places I've stumbled upon. Like that little cult, you stumbled upon. Nasty piece of work. I saw them string up a bunch of people to be fed to the crocodiles."

Ardyn looked around like he didn't want anyone else to hear him as he leaned in closer. "Yet they have friends everywhere. Just because they imply to have been touched by Sobek. If true he must really be a cruel God."​

@Yun Lee

"Jeez Louise..." Just hearing that made Alex wish he'd done more to mess those jerks up. "When'd you see that, huh? We still got a chance to get those folks out of there?" Probably a long shot but the last thing Alex wanted was another cult. Clearly Gill and his little cloaked creep brigade just wasn't enough. "I dunno who this Sobek is, but if people are usin' him as an excuse to throw their weight around, no way am I lettin' that fly."

@Jeremi

"I'm afraid it was a...live demonstration," Ardyn replied to the wrestler. "It's quite true though, something has to be done. Won't be long before there is no one left but the cult. And-" Ardyn looked around before leaning over the table so only Alex could hear. "They have a weapon that they are going to use to make that reality. I don't know where but that's what I've heard." He leaned back into his chair and took a sip of the wine.

"You certainly picked a great time to come through this area. Didn't you?"

@Yun Lee

"No kiddin'." If his opinion of these jerks wasn't bad enough already. "These guys have the whole damn city under their heel, huh? Sounds to me like they need to take a step back." And if anyone could make them do so, it was him. "You got any more info for me, pal?" Alex had half a mind to go on and start looking for these crazy cultists himself, but that would probably not be very smart. If anything, it was best he talk this over with his team. He couldn't do it alone, not after the incident back in the cave.

@Jeremi

"I'm afraid not," Ardyn replied apologetically. He drank the last of his wine and seemed to begin taking his leave when. "Oh...there is actually one more thing. One of the gladiators is an avid cultist. I'm sure if you somehow managed to gain your way inside you could press them on the location of their headquarters. If you truly wish to end their tyranny that is."

@Yun Lee

"Is that right..." Well, then. Looks like he'd be doing more than just earning business for the food stand tomorrow. "Thanks for the tip, pal. These guys won't be causing anymore problems once I get through with 'em." Though in regards to how to deal with them...he was gonna need some help on that front.

@Jeremi

Ardyn smirked. "With you on the case, I have no doubt that will be the case." He tossed a few coins on the table for the barkeep and swaggered out the door of the inn just as Tifa, Kronya and Sodom walked in. Seemed that they were done with packing everything in for the night.

Tifa looked around and spotted Alex at the table and gave him a friendly smile. "We're all done for the evening! Sorry it took so long but Kronya was being a bit of a hassle."

Kronya only glared at Alex before walking past them and vanishing up the stairs, but neither Sodom or Tifa seemed to care to comment about her outburst. "So what have you been up to?" She looked down at his glass. "Having a good time?"

@Yun Lee

"Wouldn't say it's been good, but looks like we may have more than just some matches to deal with in this joint." Alex would then tell the duo everything that transpired while by himself. "I dunno if you saw that Ardyn guy as he walked out, but you just missed him. You guys don't gotta take this on with me if you don't want, but me and cults don't exactly have a good history together. I ain't about to let a new one start crap while there's already so much going on these days."

@Jeremi

"We didn't see anyone when we got back," Tifa remarked looking over to Sodom. "At least I didn't."

"Neither did I," Sodom replied before changing the subject back to the cult. "Well aren't exactly avengers, but-"

"But you're right, it wouldn't feel right leaving these people at the mercy of people like that. You said something about one of the gladiators being a member? Didn't you and Kronya get signed up for a fight tomorrow? Maybe you could try and get some answers there? We better be careful about it though. We can't say who's involved in all of it."

@Yun Lee

Back