As they said their goodbyes, and surprisingly with Kronya with them, they'd go outside and see that Sodom was done packing up and even with the mask on they could tell he seemed mighty pleased with himself. "There you are!" He motioned to them. "For the first day we did surprisingly well!" He held up a bag with whatever was considered currency here. "Here's to tomorrow being as fortuitous! So? What did you guys get into in there?"

@Yun Lee

"A business deal," Alex replied, nodding at approval at their earnings. "We got a choice location for tomorrow inside the arena for 90% of our sales, plus Kronya an' I are gonna try to bring in more in the arena."

@Jeremi

Tifa looked at Sodom's eyes widen when she cut in. "I think was Felix said that he'd take 10%, leaving us with 90%."

"Oh...that sounds way better!" Sodom sighed in relief. "Better get our stuff back to the truck and call it a day! Maybe there's a hotel or something because..." Sodom looked at the road as a crocodile lazily walked over the road. "I don't think it's safe to sleep outside."

@Yun Lee

"Want me to take a look around? Thst way we don't leave the truck out by itself in a new place." People were still people, even back in the old days, and if there was one thing people liked above all else it was free stuff. No matter how they got their hands on it...

@Jeremi

"I can tag along," Tifa replied smiling. "You and Kronya can take care of this can't you?" She looked over to Sodom and then to Kronya.

"Oh! I uh...I suppose..." Sodom looked over to Kronya who just shrugged.

"Fine, whatever you maggots. I'll help him."

"Great! See you both later!" With that Tifa took Alex along to check out the neighborhood. There was a lot of building on the waterside but it was hard to tell what was resident housing and what could potentially be a place of business. Soon enough though they found a house that seemed to have a lot of people inside. It looked like a tavern of some sort but perhaps they sold rooms as well?

@Yun Lee

Pretty nice spot, if not lacking in stuff to do. No wonder that arena seemed so popular... "Let's check that place out, yeah?" Alex nodded over towards the crowded building. "All that dough we made today may get us somethin' at least."

@Jeremi

"If they rent rooms they can't have that high prices, right?" Tifa asked as they entered the tavern. As it looked from the outside the place was rather lively with patrons sitting at tables and drinking or having a friendly chat.

The bartender was a burly sort with a mustache who was wiping down the bar desk acting like he was busy.

@Yun Lee

Alex patted his pockets, looking for some spare cash. A few of those red gem things he'd gotten from when he helped some folks fight off a weird lion-horse thing he put on the bar. Hopefully gems were valuable enough to get this guy's attention.

@Jeremi

The man's hand stopped cleaning as his eyes noticed the gems placed on the bar His eyes widened when he realized what they were and looked up to who had placed them. He'd be met by Alex and Tifa giving him a friendly smile. "Hi! We're travelers and we were wondering if you'd have four beds for us for the night?"

The barkeep looked at them, down at the gems and back up to them. "If that is your payment I would offer you the entire upper floor!" He exclaimed jovially looking to Alex if he could take the gems. "Travelers, huh? We don't have many of those here...not since the Gods punished us."

@Yun Lee

Cool! Alex would have to remember to find more of those things when he had the chance. But then the bartender mentioned a punishment. Oh boy...this had better not be something he'd regret furthering. "Yeah, the Melding seemed to screw all of us up. But business looks like it's boomin' here, even without travelers."

@Jeremi

"Life always goes on, praise Sobek!" The tavern owner replied in a more jovial tone. "We have adapted, but there are still fields to plow, gods to worship, spectacles in the arena! The people of Egypt are strong and we will persevere!"

@Yun Lee

Egypt? Holy crap. He was in ancient Egypt! "Amen to that, brother!" Alex said, glad to see things were perking up. "Now uh, about those rooms...we got four folks with us."

@Jeremi

"That will be no trouble!" He exclaimed. "We have two rooms with two beds for you! For your payment, It will pay for three nights of room and board."

"Sounds perfect," Tifa remarked. "I and Kronya can take one while you and Sodom take the other."

"So," The barkeep asked with a smile. "Do we have a deal?"

@Yun Lee

"Sounds good to me," Alex said. Rooming with Sodom didn't sound too bad at all since they each got a bed of their own...Lord knows they probably wouldn't both be able to fit in one together. "Three days sounds like enough time to make some dough in the arena, too."

@Jeremi

"Excellent!" The barkeep pocketed the rubies he had received and motioned them to follow him up the stairs next to the bar. As they gut up the stairs they'd find two rooms to the left and two to the right. There didn't seem to be any doors, only fabric that was sealing off the spaces. "You'll get the two on the left here, if ya want to fight for which room you want then keep me out of it."

"Don't worry, we'll sort it out without any fighting," Tifa assured him with a smile. As the barkeep returned back to his place at the bar Tifa turned to face Alex. "So what do you want to do? We need to go and tell Sodom and Kronya. Do you want to go together? I'm okay if you want to stay behind and check the place out."

@Yun Lee

"I'll keep an eye out in here," Alex said. He had a feeling Tifa could handle herself just fine. Besides, he wanted to make sure no one tried anything funny in their rooms. Cities were cities were cities. You never knew when some mugger was gonna rear their ugly mug.

@Jeremi

"Alright! See you soon!" Tifa waved and made her way down the stairs and out of the building to share the news with Sodom and Kronya. The rooms were really nothing more than a bed and a nightstand that had a candle on top of it, but it would do as a resting place for a few days. Not that they were tourists who were going to be in their room the entire time.

Suddenly Alex could hear shouting coming from bellow. It was muffled enough that he couldn't quite tell what it was about but he did hear something break shortly afterward.

@Yun Lee

The room was fine. Alex really couldn't care less as long as there was a bed to sleep on. Not like he did much in his room when there was a whole world out there to take on. And speaking of...sounded like something needed to be taken on right now. Alex left the room to peer down below. Did he need to get involved?

...the answer was probably yes.

@Jeremi

"Go out and deal with your business!" Alex heard the voice of the bartender shouting as he came down the steps. "I've told you and your ilk multiple times that we pray to Sobek. There is no need to harass my clients!"

The little merriment there had been in the tavern had stopped as most of the patrons looked quietly on as a group of four men dressed in the scales of the crocodile was arguing with the proprietor. Not only that but all four of them seemed to be armed with swords that were hanging on their side. The broken chair at one of the tables seemed to have been the source of the crash. "Sobek only wishes for you to embrace him and his teachings. Our duty is to spread his word."

The man behind the counter scoffed. "Sobek? Yes we pray to Sobek as one should but yo-"

One of the men clutched the sword. "Tread very carefully to what you are about to say next, old man. To blaspheme in front of the Sons of Sobek is to incur death!"

"Even so!" The barkeep replied pointing the finger towards the door. "Even someone like you should understand that when I say out I mean to get out!" The situation didn't seem to diffuse and in fact, the four men seemed even more agitated. Something would have to be done.

@Yun Lee

Aw, great. More religious fighting. As if he didn't get enough of that crap back home with that Society or whatever he'd been hearing about... "Woah, woah, woah, hold on." Hands up as a sign of deferrence, Alex decided to play the face for now, but he was ready to switch to heel if needed. "Guy says he worships Sobek, yeah? He ain't gonna blaspheme if he does."

@Jeremi

Back