Olympian's Blood 1x1

A strange couple had walked into the Red Dragon

It was comprised of two totally different people. One was a short teen, around 17, about 5'5, and a slender stature underneath a baggy hoodie and faded grey jeans. His face was dirty and his long black hair was very disheveled, his bags under his eyes indicated night after night without sleep. Then there was an older woman clinging to him, kissing his neck... She was much taller, and wealthier, jewelry draped around her neck and a tight crimson dress that clung to her body, with a very low v-neck and a high skirt...
"Table for two..." He muttered, almost inaudible. The female giggled softly, and continued kissing him, although the boy seemed a bit annoyed...

The hostess gave them an odd look as she slowly reached for their menus under the seating pit. "Uhuh...um. Welcome to the Red Dragon...right this way." The boy looked way too young to have an older woman hanging off of him like that. It was creepy.

Showing them to a table with a crisp white table cloth and a red Chinese later in the middle, she offered them the seats, placing their menus in front of them. "Your server will be right with you." Then she scuttled away to go spy from the paper dividing wall in the front.

As promised a moment later a taller girl, maybe about 16, with calming green eyes and honey colored hair down her back walked over in a red kimono top, a white apron over lapping it. A name tag pinned crookedly at the top of her apron read MAROE.

Marie's eyes flicked from the woman who was cooing awkwardly at the young man sitting across from her. He looked exhausted, and as if he had been in a fight or living on the streets. What he was doing with an older woman like that? Something didn't seem right, almost as if it were instinct.

It took her a moment to realize she was staring at him and she blinked a few times, before her cheeks turned pink from the embarrassment of having spaced out. "Hi, uh...I'm Maroe and I'll be your server. Can I start you two off with something to drink? Maybe some...coffee?"

"Coffee, yes." They said in unison, looking at the waitress. The female looked through her menu, her leg stroking his calf under the table... The male raised an eyebrow, as if he were used to it. She obviously was ignoring his gestures of discomfort, and the male began perusing over his menu for a few moments. He glanced up at the staring eyes, sighing, and rolling his eyes, seemingly less uncomfortable and more so annoyed...

Last edited:
The two answered in unison which would have seemed funny if the couple wasn't so down right odd. Maroe stared at the man again for a moment, trying to figure out why it was he seemed so strange in underneath his haggard veneer. He seemed highly annoyed but thats probably because his ...date? Was all over him. She would have been annoyed too.

Maroe started to write the order down on a ticket but they were the only two people left in her section so she stopped. It was late at night and most folks had gone home, though the food at the Red Dragon was said to be heavenly.

"I'll get that started for you," she said with a small nod, before walking away.

5 minutes later, she emerged with a fresh pot of coffee, a pitcher of cream and a small basket filled to the brim with fluffy bits of fried dough rolled in sugar. They were still piping hot and perfect for a cold night.

Putting the items on the table, she cast them both a timid smile. "Here's your coffee and the doughnuts are on the house. Have you decided on what you would like?"

At that moment, the front door opened and a single man appeared asking for a table for which the hostest obliged. He was tall and broad, but kept his eyes mostly shielded by a big cap.

Last edited:
"I think we'll need a bit more time..." The woman said smoothly, and looked at the waitress. Her eye twitched a bit as her brows furrowed...
"Have we met before?" She asked, shifting uncomfortably. It'd been as if she was suddenly aware of herself. The boy's eyes flicked between the two, suddenly less aloof and more engaged...
"When did you two meet?" He asked quickly, looking at Maroe expectantly.

The man was simply looking for a meal, and asked the waiter for a table for one.

For the first time, the woman turned her attention from the man, looking almost confused. Then the question of if they had met before came up with the man growing suddenly interested. A trickle of fear started to work its way in behind her eyes and Maroe shifted on her feet.

"I've never seen either of you before, I'm sorry. Let me give you another minute."

Walking as calmly as she could to the back of the kitchen, she untied her apron quickly and pulled a go-bag from.under the shelf. Whoever they were, they were trouble. She'd worked successfully at the Red Dragon for 2 years, and it seemed trouble had found her. It always found her!

Cursing, she pulled the strap over her shoulder and slipped out.the back, checking the alley before starting her jog into to night with no set destination in mind.

The boy clenched his teeth, staring the woman down... The woman stared him down, licking her lips... They stared at each other for a moment longer, before he suddenly overturned the table, causing the woman to shriek, darting after the waitress... He had to find her. He entered the kitchen, the woman following close behind. The boy scanned the room quickly, before exiting from the back, looking up and down the alley to find her. The woman cursed under her breath and followed the boy, disregarding his rude gesture.

Maroe heard the shriek from inside the restaurant, only confirming what she thought. People and things always came looking eventually and she had stayed in one place too long. Why they came, and chased she never knew but it never ended well. There were footsteps pounding on the pavement behind her and as much as she didn't want to look back, she had to know how close they were. Tossing a glance over her shoulder, she saw the young man's figure in the orange lamp light. "Leave me alone!"

As she looked back, her foot hit a patch of ice on the sidewalk and she skidded into the brick wall of the opposite building, knocking over the trash can as she went. "Uhg!"

The dirty boy sprinted after her, the woman not far behind. He leaped over the knocked over trash can, scattered trash blowing over the ice. Everything was tinted blue from the soft moonlight. He ran after her, trying to catch her, breathing heavily as he chased her.
"Wait!" He yelled breathlessly...

She recovered her footing and kept running top speed until dodging down another alley. It was divided by a tall, chain link gate with barbed wire at the top...and was usually open. This time the gate was shut and locked. Growling, Maroe dove for the small hole in the fence near the bottom, only to find her back pack was hung on the wires. She pulled and thrashed, but was thoroughly stuck. The boy came barreling into the alley and a whole new wave of fear washed over her. "I don't know what you want, but I don't have it!"

"I want your help! Kill her!" He yelled like a maniac, the lady right behind him... However, where the lady's legs should've been was the huge crimson trunk of a terrifying snake, that seemed to meld with her dress... She drew a sword, a sword of a dark iron hue, which had hung from her waist from a sheath. The boy did the same, backing against the chain link fence, shivering as they held his bronze sword up... Their eyes locked, their swords nearly touching, they were so close...

"I knew I smelled two of you... I can smell a meal from a mile away... although you won't make much of a meal..." She said, smirking at the boy backed against the fence, giving no regard to the girl in the fence...

She looked back at the boy who had turned toward the woman...who was not actually a woman but a giant snake?! It was another one of the monsters! It would have been best to run but the guy was standing his ground with a sword of all things. If she slid out of her backpack, she could clear the fence and keep running. Disappearing would be far better, right? The first clang of the swords met her ears, making her jump and a spark of anger flared. No.

Rather than unhooking her pack, she scrambled backwards the way she came and up to her feet. Whoever the boy was, he knew about the monsters too and she wouldn't leave him alone. She only had a knife with her, but the monsters never died when they were scratched or stabbed. It always took more than she really wanted to show. Popping to her feet, Maroe curled her fists and did what came as instinct. With a flick of her wrist the earth beneath the pavement cracked and a large hunk of rock skewered the snakes tail.

The lamia screeched,thrown into a frenzy. Her tail's movements were erratic and spasmodic, green blood coating the rock. In a last-ditch effort, she grabbed the boy by the wrist, and pulled him close, opening her maw, with fangs like a snake, and sank her teeth into the boy's neck, a sickening sound of flesh ripping could be heard by Maroe. He jumped, whimpering, and ran his sword through her chest... Finally doing enough damage, the lamia's body crumbled, chunks of her chest and tail falling off as they turned to sand, until there was nothing left but a sword under a pile of sand...

Maroe swallowed hard as she blinked at the boy. Blood was gushing from the wound on his neck and she hated the sight and smell of it. Still, the scene was more than she could stand. Walking over with shaking knees, she pulled her pack off her back and rummaged through it until her hands landed on the First Aid Kit. How the boy could see the monsters too, she didn't know, but she couldn't leave him. He stumbled to the side, against the chain link fence and she grabbed up his shoulder, pressing a gauze pad to the bite. "I don't know who you are, but if you can see them too, you'll know that more will come at the smell."

He flinched at she pressed the gauze against his wound, nearly punching her lights out, out of sheer instinct... His face was white, and he didn't want to look at the bite... He knew if he did, he would collapse or vomit... He just leaned against the fence, panting heavily... He shuddered, feeling a bit cold, but the bite was warm and wet, his shoulder minced meat... As she pressed with more pressure, he groaned, slapping her hand away... Pain exploded in his arm, for one of the lamia's fangs was embedded in his arm. He shuddered, looking nauseous, staring at the ground...

The guy was obviously in pain, but there was very little she could do about it in the middle of an alley way. When he swiped at her hand, she shot him a warning look and then pulled the fang out of his arm in one decent tug. "C'mon we can't stay here. We have to move. Can you walk?"

The fang was roughly the size of her index finger, gleaming milky white, and progressivly gets black towards the tip, blood dripping from it. The boy stood there a moment, before vomiting, and collapsing, the pain too overwhelming. His breathing was labored and he looked very sickly...

"I'll take that as a no," Maroe grimaced as vomit splattered her shoes. And I thought I was squimish. Tossing the fang to the side, she bent down and snuck an arm around his shoulders, hauling his limp form up. She grandmother's place was only a few blocks away. Maybe she could carry him that far.

Taking the alley ways, she hauled him toward her grandmothers apartment, each step harder than the last. By the time she made it to the back door of the sub level apartment, sweat trickled down her temples and her shirt was soaked in blood. Her grandmother cried out when she hauled the boy in and half flopped him on the bed. "Gramma, He's hurt. One of the demons attacked."

Her grandmother pushed her aside and started working on the wound, having done so many times for her granddaughter.

His bite began turning a purple hue, spreading out across his shoulder... His face was green as he groaned, slightly moving his head... He didn't process where he was, but managed to mutter something about ambrosia in his pocket... His breathing kept getting shakier, his eyes closing for longer and longer as the light became harsher on his eyes... His head was pounding as he looked up at the unfamiliar face, but he was too weak to struggle...

Back