Olympian's Blood 1x1

Maroe's eyes shifted from the woman to the Theo and back again. So, she was definitely a demi-god and she had been sent to find them. "You're right," Maroe said, "He's been nothing but a pain in the ass since I've met him. He's gotten me fired, attacked, and my Gramma..." Her voice waivered for a brief moment and she swallowed. "But I don't think he did what everyone thinks he did. Hell, the guy just called you 'miss' while trying to defend himself. How many polite serial killers do you know?"

Keeping her blade point firmly at the woman's throat, Maroe shifted in front of Theo. "If you guys can't see when the gods are clearly messing with you, I'm not sure how much protection and safety you can really offer. Theo's at least saved my life once...and even if he's behind on that tally...I trust him." She stood a bit taller than Theresa, and dared her to the challenge if she insisted on hurting him. "That being said, if you're S wants to meet and actually get to the bottom of whats going on without harming Theo then I would go with you. That's my condition."

"Oh, we wouldn't dream of it. After all, we are seeking a prize from the gods. Oh, and another thing... I wouldn't bad mouth S. He has a rather short temper... Just so you know." She said, before glancing at the sword for a moment.

"Are you going to let me by, or do you want to watch me undress again...?" She asked, pulling a hood over her head, pushing her hair out of the way. She took the bloody tissue out of her nose, and tossed it in a small waste basket in the dark corner of the room.

"Hey, what are we going to do about the mortal on the floor? Can't she squeal about all the crap we were talking about?" He asked curiously, glancing at the woman on the ground. Theresa furrowed her eyebrows at Theo, obviously annoyed with his question...

"S will probably have something... Maybe we can visit the river Lethe..." She sighed, her gaze returning to Maroe...

"I'm sure I can manage," Maroe retorted. She didn't trust Theresa at all but they needed answers and it wasn't like Theo was coming up with any ideas. "Fine." Stepping to the side, she let the woman pass. At mention of the poor stewardess, Maroe rolled her eyes and then knelt next to the woman. There was more than one way to deal with mortals and not all of it involved magic. Looking into the terrified woman's eyes with her bright green ones, she put a hand on her shoulder. "Now, are you going to go out there and tell your boss that two women and a man tied you up and held a sword to your neck all while talking about magic? Because, I've got to say, that's going to sound a little crazy. You wouldn't be the first person they've tossed in the loony bin for talking like that and probably won't be the last, hm? So, you're going to stay nice and quiet about all of this."

Patting the woman gently, she reached back and untied her. "Now, you sit in that corner and don't come out until the next stop. It should be any time now. If you give us any trouble, I'll let the especially crazy one-" she jabbed her thumb at Theresa- "Melt your eyeballs trying to erase your memory, got it."

Satisfied, Maroe stood and sheathed her sword. "Let's go."

"Well the 'especially crazy one' thinks we should stay on this train, and head to Queens to speak with S." Theresa spoke up, a slight smirk of satisfaction on her face.

"You want to go back to where 3 crazy demi-gods are trying to kill the guy?" she replied, ignoring the smug look on the woman's face. Maroe shot Theo a look to see if he had anything at all to say about his own future or if he was going to stand there and let two women bicker over what to do with him.

"Simon and the others? They won't kill you if they're with me. They live with S. Could've sworn S sent them to Manhattan though..." Theresa said, slipping out of the door. The mortal stayed in the corner, considering the train was still moving, and Theo looked at Maroe, with a look of discontent on his face...

"Maroe... This might be the chance we were looking for. Maybe this 'S' knows about the camp... maybe he can give us more information on what I did..." Theo muttered, biting his lip, almost preemptively flinching...

"It's your life Theo," Maroe replied, "You have to make the decisions on what to do with it. Stop running, if we have a lead."

Sheathing her sword, she reached over and opened the door to find the other steward coming around the corner with tools. Flashing him an apologetic smile, she slipped out of the door. "We got it unstuck. Thanks for coming to help though. We just came to find something to clean up a little coffee spill and it closed on us. Do you mind showing me which way our cabin is? We got moved and I'm a little turned around now."

He stared at the three of them for a moment and then backed away. "S-sure."

"Thanks!" Maroe said cheerily, as the two of them followed her. She shut the door firmly behind them and then followed the steward back to their cabin.

To go back to Queens meant they would be getting off at the next stop and catching the next train back to where they came. She was positive she could get a refund on her more expensive tickets. She marched back to her room and grabbed her bag, stuffing it full of the freebie snacks hidden under the bar. All the while ignoring the other two. She had an uneasy feeling about Theresa and would be on her guard from now on with every move. The next stop was announced over the intercom. and she could feel the train come to a slow stop, with a squeak of the metal wheels. With her jacket, hat, and gloves on, Maroe hitched her backpack over her shoulders and walked down the hallway to the stairs where the platform waited. They had to hurry before that poor woman decided to come out of the closet. Luckily, they stepped off just in time and watched as the train swept away in a swirl of snow, bound for the next stop. a large hole still in its roof from the monster attack.

Maroe let out a cool puff of air, steam billowing from her lips as she marched over to the ticket office. Theresa was by her side and curiosity got the better of her. "So, you're a demi-god. Who claimed you?" It was blunt delivery, but she got the impression Theresa didn't like B.S.

Theo scratched the back of his neck, before falling in line, behind Maroe, trudging behind her, falling silent as he stared at the ground. He didn't give the steward any attention, and followed Maroe to the cabin. He gathered his things, his torn shirt, and a bag of peanuts...? He never remembered eating anything... He shrugged it off, and shoved the bag of peanuts in his backpack, slinging it over his shoulder, under the least damaged hoodie he could find... He trudged into the bathroom to see if there was anything he could loot, and took a stick of deodorant and a tube of toothpaste, along with a toothbrush, and a tube of body cream... the feel of shea was nice...

However, Theresa was in the bathroom, brushing her teeth with the second toothbrush. She spat into the sink, and hissed a few hushed words at Theo, the sharp words standing out in the quiet room, but not loud enough to be comprehensible. A few seconds later, before Maroe could lurk any closer, Theo emerged, nervously rubbing his neck. He wore only the hooded sweater, but it was much better than no protection at all. Theresa had emerged from the closet with a blue had fit snug on her head, and a thin scarf around her neck, despite the fact that the tiny thing wouldn't keep her very warm.

They followed Maroe to the office, and Maroe leaned against the wall outside of the office, looking at Maroe, raising an eyebrow at what she said.

"Who claimed me? I guess Mr. S, but I wouldn't call me his." She mentioned, obviously misunderstanding the question.

As she exchanged the tickets, Maroe gave Theresa a baleful look, unable to figure out if the woman was being coy or that blonde colored hair had made her live up to the old jokes of obliviousness. In the interest of peace for the remainder of the trip back to Queens, she opted to believe the latter of the two assumptions and let out a sigh. "Not quite what I meant," she said, "I mean, do you know who your..um...godly parent is? And...better yet why does this Mr. S take in demi-gods? We're nothing but trouble." Maroe wanted to learn as much as they could about what they were walking into.

With the tickets exchanged, she grabbed them up and set out toward the kerosene heater at the end of the platform as the snow had started to fall heavily. "And for the record..no..I don't know who dear old mum is. My father...wherever he's at is very much human."

Theresa rolled her eyes after Maroe gave her the look. She kept close to Maroe as not to raise her voice to be heard, or have to crane her neck to hear. However, the longer she was with Theresa, the more she realized Theresa was sizing her up, carefully responding the correct way, looking her up and down, noticing anything and everything about her appearance.
"I'd guess Athena... I've been halfway decent at test taking, and puzzles seem fun for me... I don't really have any powers, yet I attract as many monsters as any other daughter of the Olympians," She responded, gazing at Maroe. "As for Mr. S, he takes in demigods for power. If he houses them, he asks for a favor. Then more favors. Suddenly he is sitting on a heap of drugs, alcohol, and women, and you're exhausted... but it's not like there's really any other option for demigods. It's either work, or be killed out on the streets." She said, rolling a few locks of her messy hair between her pale fingers...

Theo lagged behind, focusing to listen to the talking women, but to no avail, and trudges after them as he watches the powdery snow fall...

(The longer she was with Maroe she realized Maroe was sizing her up?)*

Maroe came to a stop at the heater and held out her hands, trying to warm up her fingers. The snow and cold was never something she enjoyed, but living in New York, the wide variety of smells and the coolness of the air in a fair portion of the year kept her exotic blood from being discerned by more monsters than other places. She didn't like the sound of this Mr. S. More so, Theresa seemed to think there was no other option. That sort of though, drew Maroe's pale brow into a frown. "There was one...Camp Kennedy? Was that not better than this racket, Mr. S has going?"

She glanced back to see if Theo had any reaction to what she said, and noticed he was puttering around behind them, not anywhere near the warmth, though he had less on than they did. "C'mere." Snagging him by his sleeve, she pulled him toward the heater beside her.

Theresa walked to the heater, imitating Maroe as she held her hands over the heater, looking over at Maroe,

"What's that?" She asked, rubbing her hands together as the warm air, warmed her cold fingers. Her hair not tied back, it was blowing along with the currents of the wind, wild and messy. Theo approached, nearly yelping when Maroe snagged his sleeve, and stood near the heater. He rubbed his arm as his eyebrows furrowed, but he almost began smiling over how good it felt to feel warm air against his body again, and he pulled his hood over his head to protect his ears from the bitter wind biting at them.

Was Theresa being purposely obtuse? The thought struck her again, and Maroe shifted from foot to foot uneasily. This woman had been sent to find Theo by Mr. S and it had been Mr.S that gave the quest to the other 3 demi-gods. It made no sense that Theresa wouldn't know what sort of quest she was on. Either that or Mr. S was playing games. Or both. It made her all the more cautious about going back to meet the guy.

"It was a camp for demi-gods, I think," she replied, "Beyond that, I don't know. I've never met another one before Theo and that was only yesterday." Switching topics, Maroe tilted her head and looked to Theresa curiously. "What exactly did Mr. S say he wanted with Theo. He sent those other 3 after Theo. What makes you different, daughter of Athena?"

"A camp...? I suppose that could be safe, but I've never heard of such thing... All S said about Theo was he is a killer of demigods, and he must be brought forth to the gods. There are several demigods out scouting for Theo as we speak, and hopefully they're back at home... " She muttered, staring at the heater... She looked at Maroe.

"Wait, why would you want to know?" She asked Maroe, looking over at her...

"Well, if you were stepping into a situation where someone wanted to kill another, wouldn't you want to learn as much as you could?"

A train horn blared as headlights flashed around the bend. Maroe glanced up to check the train and then back to Theresa. "Besides, do you really think this guy is a mass murderer?" She said, nodding to Theo. "Because I've met a alot of monsters and he's not one of them."

They boarded their train, this time in a shared car of rowed seats. Their seats were all side by side on one row, but there was no one in the car and Maroe didn't feel like sitting behind the tiny seats. Her long legs were jammed into the seat in front of her and it just wasnt comfortable. After about an hour, she couldn't take it anymore and stood up. "I'm going to the dining car," she grumbled, to Theo,"You're more than welcome to join."

She hoped he might, considering she didn't trust Theresa, particularly knowing what they were walking into. If he didnt, that was his choice though.

"Maroe... None of us are going to kill Theo. We need to give him to the gods, so they can decide what to do to him..." She said, watching the train as it pulled in...

They boarded their train, this time in a shared car of rowed seats. Theresa sat at one side of Theo, and Maroe sat on the other. Theo began drifting off to the soothing rocking of the train. When Maroe got up, Theresa jumped up.

"I will... maybe I can clear a few things up..." Theresa announced, stepping closer to Maroe as she clutched her purse...

Maroe gave Theresa a once over and then nodded. If she wanted to explain herself, she was more than welcome to try. Shuffling to the end of the row, Maroe pulled off her hat and then walked toward the dining car, glad to stretch her legs a bit before plopping into the nearest booth. A steward passed by and she waved him down.

"Hey, you guys have anything sweet?"

The steward looked to both of them and raised his brow, more interested that two pretty women had come in to break up the nights monotony. "Oh...uh...I think we ran out at the last stop, but I might be able to find you some of the deluxe cheesecake."

Maroe gave him a winning smile. "Add some root beers to that and it would be perfect."

The steward turned pink and scuttled off to go find their requested food, while Maroe turned her attention to Theresa. "I hope you like cheesecake and rootbeer, though I think our waiter would find you just about anything you want if you bat your eyelashes a bit." Shifting so she could stretch out her legs, Maroe pulled the flower from the vase, a daisy, and began plucking it bald petal by petal. "I'm all ears."

Theresa would follow Maroe to the dining car, staying close as to not get in anyone else's way. She sat close to Maroe in the booth, glancing up at the steward as Maroe talked to him. She giggled in his direction, smiling at him before he left, her eyes trained on him, before they drifted back to Maroe, and her cheeks flushed a peculiar color of pink...

"Rootbeer sounds great..." Theresa said, a slight grin escaping her lips, perhaps the first time she truly smiled since they've met... She tilted her head to Maroe...

"All ears for what...?" She asked, before shaking her head, coming back to reality. "Ah... yes... S... He is a powerful man, knows just about anyone in New York..." She said, looking at the table. A grin crept across her face as her eyes flicked up to Maroe.

"I'm sure he could tell you just about anything you want if you bat your eyelashes a bit." She giggled, her hand gripping something behind her, although Maroe couldn't quite see...

"Ah I see," Maroe replied, her eyes narrowing, "And a powerful man who knows everyone needs demi-gods kids to do his dirty work. Doesn't seem so powerful as it does lazy." Theresa was grinning like a cat who just found a bowl of cream and it was unsettling. Not only that, but she was sitting up sort of funny, like she was playing at something behind her back.

"I'm sure he could tell me anything I wanted, but I'm not interested in what I want to hear. I want the truth," she added. As if in response to her uneasiness the flowers on the tables and begin to grow simultaneously. Even the plucked daisy was beginning to sprout in her hands, and Maroe's fingers curled around the stem, attempting to cover the affect.

Theresa became uneasy, shifting her weight and moving her hand, the grin dashing quickly.

"I... I know he's not... an amazing person... but he houses a few dozen kids, and I don't think a demigod couldn't work a nine-to-five to pay for room and board for so many people..." She muttered, her clutched hand surfacing on the table... it turned out, it was just a sugar packet she'd been clutching... Once she noticed it, she dropped it, almost looking embarrassed, the pink hue in her cheeks becoming more prominent.

"Hell, he even took me in..." She sighed, her gaze unable to meet Maroe's...

Back