Olympian's Blood 1x1

Maroe studied Theo for a moment, uncertain what to make of such a sight. Blissfully ignorant as usual and she couldn't understand how he wanted to stay that way, especially with his own life on the line. Still..apparently this was the only way to get to the bottom of what was really happening.

Sighing, she started into the row when his head turned and he demanded she stop. She had no idea if he was awake or asleep, but she paused and tilted her head. "Uh. What?"

"You're not leaving without a spanking..." He muttered with a silly cadence, turning his head the other direction, grumbling other suggestive phrases in his sleep...

The guy was having a romp in his sleep while she was in there trying to save his life. She briefly wondered if it was the other girl from her dream. Not that it mattered, but it was still a bit annoying and amusing all at the same time.

Sitting down beside him, Maroe let him mutter on about his kinky little dreams, a few of the comments earning him surorised looks, before she decided play time was over. Picking up one of the pillows, she measured its weight and then reared back, smacking him in the head with it.

He almost slipped out of his seat, but then was jolted back to reality when she smacked his head with the pillow. He jumped, nearly hitting the ceiling. Before he could punch his assailant's teeth out, he saw it was Maroe. He looked a bit sheepish, crossing his arms. He cleared his throat, barely meeting Maroe's gaze.

"Hey... you..." He said, at an utter loss of words...

"Having fun?" Maroe said, totally unapologetic at scaring him.

Sh tucked the pillow behind her head, but het green eyes were cut over to Theo. "I just had a long chit chat with Theresa and were heading into what will probably turn into a shit storm. Oh, and you and I are dating now apparently, so there's that. Try not to get any wild ideas."

With that, she relaxed back into the seat.

"Shit storm? Dating? What happened?" He asked, utterly confused. "I didn't consent to dating you. What happened?" He repeated, his eyes opened and fully awakened. He held his head and groaned, still tired, despite the influx of sleep he's gotten recently.

He leaned forward, grabbing his bag that had been wedged between him and the seat, and set it on his lap, and began rummaging through it haphazardly, causing his things fall out of the bag.

Maroe scowled and crossed her arms. "Well, she works for this guy Mr. S who takes in demi-gods in exchange for favors....favors like finding wanted demi-gods like you so he can cash them in for wishes from the gods. He uses the demi-gods in sort of I dont know...almost like a cult...and is a demi-god himself."

A packet of peanuts ejected from his bag and landed on her lap. She quickly picked it up and tossed it back at him. "And Theresa took the fact that I called you my boyfriend a little too seriously and now thinks we're dating. It looked favorable on you so I let it slide. I wasn't aware you'd find the prospect of me so unappealing. Humph."

"What? No, I didn't mean it like that!" He explained hastily. "I think you're beautiful. But not too beautiful. I wouldn't ever dream about you. Moderately beautiful!" Maybe a little too hastily.

Maroe stared at him after his little outburst, unconvinced. "Uhuh. Well, you're stuck with this ...uh...moderately beautiful demi-god for awhile. At least you'll have good dreams about more beautiful women."

More stuff piled out his bag and she sighed. "What are you looking for?"

"L-let's not... talk about my dream..." He stuttered, his cheeks turning a hue of red...

"I'm looking for a journal. I found it at the hotel, and it was empty when I found it. Maybe this will help with my memory." He sighed, taking out a pocket sized journal.

She was half tempted to tell him that they should in fact talk about his dream...but she got distracted when he mentioned a hotel and a journal. "Wait, what hotel and what journal? Why would an empty journal be helpful?"

"It's nothing... just me and a few old friends. We were living in an old apartment in Pennsylvania.... Then shit went down..." Theo explained somberly, almost nostalgically, as his eyes becoming wistful as he stared at the blank journal,opening it to the first page, before promptly shoving it back in. His eyes were misty, and he was staring at the backpack as if it were dangerous...

Maroe's usual look of aloofness softened some as she looked over at Theo. "So you do remember some. Something good maybe. You should write what you remember down. It could help."

"Yeah... Maybe..." He said, hesitating before he grabbed the empty journal back. "Hey, didn't Theresa leave with you?" He asked, grabbing the peanuts, and other items that had fallen from his bag, and his peanuts into the bag, zipping it up, before looking over at Maroe, rubbing any residual tears from his eyes, and tucked the journal beside him, the black palm-sized leather-back book seemed to make Theo uneasy.

"Yeah, I left her in the dining car," Maroe replied, trying not to sound irritated, "I'm not so sure about her. She doesn't seem bad, but I think she's kind of wrapped around Mr. S' finger. Like she's almost too afraid to tell him no. Apparently there are alot of demi-gods in the same way. Like those three chasing you, Simon..blondie and the short stack."

"He's just a demigod... Dunno why he's so spectacular..." Theo muttered, rolling his eyes as she explained the trio in the belittling manner. "We need to talk to this guy, sort out my innocence. When we get to Queens, Theresa will take us to this Mr. S... Hopefully he can do something other than turn me in..." He said softly, just as he sighed.

"I hate waiting... I want to speak with this Mr. S guy now." He scoffed. frowning as he turned his gaze out of the window...

"Yeah, I don't really get it either but I did talk to him," Maroe shrugged, "Theresa put him on the phone for me. He's a condescending jerk that called me of all things..doll...and is pretty intent on turning you in from what I gathered. Unless you can offer him something better than a wish from the gods."

"What could homeless orphan possibly offer that't better than something from the ever powerful gods?" He wondered, biting his lip for his efforts were futile.

"And the rich white man is bound to be rude. 'Power corrupts', I guess is the saying..." He muttered, slipping a small ballpoint pen out of his bag, and uncapping the point, staring down at the journal, before finally picking it up, and opening it, pen in hand...

"Um... I'm not sure where to start... It's all so fuzzy..." He muttered, the tip of the pen a fraction of an inch away from the paper...

Maroe yawned a little, her exhaustion starting to sink in, but she was determined to stay awake. Shifting in the small seat to curl up on her side, it squeaked under her weight, making her wince. "Well, why don't you start with something recent? Like when you ran into the lamia? Or when you ended up in the Red Dragon? Might get your memory flowing," she suggested.

"Um... Alright..." Theo muttered, writing the date in top left corner of the page, and he began writing about what has happened to him...

After half of a paragraph of writing, Theo drew a blank on what to draw... He sat there wondering, and before long, he was fast asleep again, lulled to sleep by the soft rocking of the train car... It was silent, and in a few hours, they'd be in Queens, facing the most influential demigod in New York.

Back