Olympian's Blood 1x1

It took more time for the trembling under the snow to fade away than it did for the water to slosh to the ground. It was closer than she liked. Wind made her teeth chatter as she stooped low, picking up her whip with a crack.

Oddly enough, the water began beading up on her jacket, and everyone else's clothes, making them glitter briefly before dropping away. She was totally dry, even her hair, which laid down neatly as if freshly washed. "Huh."

With a tight grip on her whip handle, Maroe's green eyes met Lila's. "Alright, Lila. That answers one question. I'm Maroe. Now, were even. Want to try for that second question?"

"I've been waiting for Theo. I want to question him..." She said, fishing her hand inside of her cloak, and turning to Theo, shoving something into his chest... It was... a baseball... "What are you doing here, Maroe?" She asked, her brows narrowing as she turned to Maroe.

Her answer was basically stating the obvious and Maroe gave an equally suspicious look back to the woman. "You have interesting ways of asking questions," she said, walking around toward Theo, "I'm looking for answers. More specifically, I want to know what Camp Kennedy is, what happened to it, and why everyone thinks Theo is some half crazed murderer. Care to enlighten me?"

"Certainly looks like it. I was on a quest for two measly weeks, and find the camp smoldering. The only home I've ever known." She said, her voice full of venom. "Now I find Theo alive, the only one who I've seen at the camp. Everyone else was dead, or that I knew of." She retorted angrily, gripping her scythe...

Lila had an odd way of avoiding answers and it annoyed Maroe. Stepping closer to Theo, she looked over the attacker trying to sort out what she knew so far. This girl was acting as if all of this just happened yesterday when it clearly hadn't. Anyone could see that by seeing the ruins. Had this really happened 50 years ago? Maybe, but would make this girl at least in her 70's if that was the case.

"Okay..." Maroe sighed, as her eyes flicked between the two of the. "You say you've been gone for two weeks and you come back to nothing and he.." She jabbed her thumb at Theo, "Doesn't remember the place at all. But clearly something did happen here. A very long time ago, maybe even 50 years ago, which is obviously not possibly because you two would be old fogies by now. So, would anyone like to start me at square one and tell me what exactly Camp Kennedy was?"

"You have no part of this! You're obviously not included, and not aware of the mythological world around you! Are you even a demigod?" The woman snapped, her voice soft, but sharp. Theo held his stomach, obviously not being judo flipped in a while... or ever... Aron was standing around like a sheep that's lost it's shepherd, scratching her head...

Maroe's fists clenched tightly, her control teetering on the edge of oblivion. Marching up to Lila until she was standing over she glared down with a near murderous glint in her blackened eyes. "Want to find out?" It was a dead serious challenge delivered with a steely cold voice.

"Get out of my face, hot head. You're not going to get information out of me threatening me." The said softly, smirking at her angry face. "Why do you want to know? You don't look like you're from Camp Kennedy." She spat, glaring at Maroe, even though she had a good five inches on the woman.

Maroe didn't budge, her blackened eyes wild with the challenge. "I've already asked nicely what I wanted to know," she retorted in the same cold voice, "And you clearly just said I was obviously not from your dumb camp. I'm not and I don't want to be."

"And you don't listen very well." The woman retorted, stepping closer, her brows furrowed as they both radiated negativity. "I asked why. I'm not going to give my information to a lousy barnacle attached to my catch. I met him first, so I get to question him first." She spat, pursing her lips, clutching her fists. She highly doubted Maroe has been around during Camp Kennedy's operations...

An incredulous look came over Maroe as the other woman bowed up, talking about Theo as if he was hers. Lila was so worked up over something so...funny. Not only did Theo have no interest in herself, but he had no real memory. Breaking out into a chuckle, Maroe calmed, her reach into the earth retreating as she stepped aside and invited her over. "Be my guest."

The woman sighed, stepping over to Theo, her expression hardening, like he couldn't keep a sassy smirk on with him.

"Now, Theo... Where the hell have you been?" She asked, clenching her fists once again.

"Um... I went to a restaurant... with Maroe..." He replied, his face red, for he couldn't answer the questions in a fulfilling manner.

"I mean for the past sixty years. Are you immortal now, you're not old..." She replied, looking at him up and down.

"Maybe... Wait... I know you..." Theo said, as if a light bulb went off in his head.

"Of course you know me! Now focus!"

"No, I really know you! Like, I've seen you before."

"I know you know me, I know you, too!" The woman responded, getting sick of his lack of information.

"Then who are you?" He replied.

"I thought you knew me!?!" The woman replied incredulously.

"I do! I just don't know you too well..."

"..." The woman didn't reply... She turned to Maroe. "Is this kid retarded? Is this your doing?" She asked. Accusing Maroe for something she didn't do...

Intrigued at learning about Theo being at camp Kennedy 60 years ago, Maroe watched the interplay with growing amusement. Then Lila turned on her with an accusing glare. "What makes you think I did it?"

A moment of silence passed between them, and Maroe rolled her eyes. "Of course, I didn't do it. I've been trying to help him, thank you very much. You do look like someone I had a dream about though, I think. Jaina? Jackie? Something like that."

"DON'T call me that." Jaina snapped, "You lost that privilege whenever you butted your fat head into our lives," She snapped, turning to Theo, before turning back to Maroe...

"What did you see?" She asked...

"I'm so hurt over losing that privilege," Maroe whined sarcastically. Glancing at the young Aron, and then Theo, before looking to 'Lila' with knowing eyes. "Enough to know Theo is in satisfactory hands now."

"That's... a total invasion of privacy..." Jaina muttered, turning to Theo, and back to Maroe... "Fine... Long story short, we got screwed. Short story long, Camp Kennedy was a camp made to aid in Vietnam. It didn't get enough funding or members to actually make a difference, but we tried. It was just a safe haven for demigods then... I went on a quest, and I told Theo..." She stopped, her voice wavering... "I told him we could run away together... Next thing I know, camp is in ruins, and Theo leaves me for sixty years..."

"Trust me, it wasn't voluntary," Maroe scoffed. From the sound of it, the government knew there were demigods? Were they trying to use them for war? She didn't like the sound of it and it gave her a few chills to think someone else was watching them on top of the gods. "So, you two were involved with the government? Any ideas what happened? And why haven't you aged? You should be making a transition back into diapers there, Jaina."

"Maybe I can borrow some of yours." She retorted, rolling her eyes. "I was turned immortal by ambrosia. Old Ambrosia. Straight from Amaltheia's horns, and not some cheap medicine made by her children." Her scythe collapsed into a black and purple bracelet, that she slipped onto her wrist. She pulled out a switchblade, which caused Theo to grip his sword, but she simply pricked her finger with the tip of the blade... Gold... No blood flowed to the cut, for her veins didn't run with blood... They ran with liquid gold...

Ignoring the diaper comment, Maroe stared in horror at the golden blood dripping down her finger and took an instinctive step back, as flashes of the same dream came to her mind in all it's sickening sounds with it.

Swallowing hard, she tried to focus on something else. "Um..ambrosia...you mean the stuff that Theo has? The medicine squares?....and even if your immortal...Theo's blood is red. So, how has he not aged if it does that to your blood to be immortal?"

"Yeah. But, we don't know about Theo. He never told me anything back at camp. He always claimed he... didn't remember... He still looks the same as when I met him... but... what if he's immortal by some other means...?" Lila asked, before turning to Theo... She turned back to Maroe, realizing it was a lost cause.

"But... How can you be so sure that Theo didn't do it? He's alive now, if it was something else, wouldn't he be killed, too?" She asked Maroe, wiping the blood away from her finger...

Back