Non-Canon On a Cold Neverwinter Day IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fjord

" I would feel mighty bad as well if we leave him behind. I don't got much strength, but if I get some help, I could carry him," he said, finally speaking up after just being silent and well getting lost in the floors craftsman ship.

@Jeremi @York @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies

The skeleton dragon would clatter to the ground, and the Bone Golem fall to its knees. However, as it fell, it tossed its large sword towards Arslan letting out a large shout as it did so.

@Takumi

A large roar could be heard from behind where the enemy lines were located. In the distance, a female figure could be seen, barely hidden by the smoke and fog in the area. It gestured its arms, and raised a staff. Another ground rumbling could be felt.

Sabine only said one word.

"Dracolich."

"And you as well, Elizia." She said.

Shanalotte would follow behind you all, staying back, however. When you entered the next room, it was much of the same. Suits of Armor stood at the edge of this room, and an altar stood in the center. The Nashers who ran this way were nowhere to be seen, however, there was a young man in Neverwinter guard armor clutching a wound on his shoulder and his chest slumped against the altar.

He looked up as everyone entered the room. "The Nashers, they have the crown." He gestured and shouted. He winced in pain.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

The mage sighed. "You're right, I can't," He said. He picked up a book on the table and held it up. "Right here is everything I have on the Spellplague and Planar Travel." He would then gesture his arm, throwing it into the portal of magical energy. "No mortal can stop my ascent to Godhood! Can't you see?! I'm on the verge here!" His clothes would begin to tear and his speech became slurred. "DO YOU NOT SEE?!" He soon turned into a giant blue monster.

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT@Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

The Dragon would collapse into dust, and the Paladin would look at you all. "You did very well. Thank you for the assistance." She said with a serious nod. "It seems the invasion has stopped for now."​

Arslan heard the scream and glanced back over his shoulder, before quickly trying to doge to the side and out of the way. If the blade came at him horizontally, he'd drop to the ground and keep the torch safe. He saw it as his responsibility as well as a means of testing himself. He just hoped he'd live through the experience and return home in one piece.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko @eastertower

"I'll be fine." He said, wincing in pain. He moved his arm slightly to cover it up. He nodded towards Merlin. "Indeed." He said cringing. "Wish we could've met under better circumstances."

@York @Lucky

Rhazzad screamed in pain as he was slammed against the wall and hit with a magic ball. "Y-YOU FOOLS!" He said. "I'm.... INVINCIBLE!" His face started morphing, becoming less human (Well, for an elf) and angrier. He started growing in strength as tentacles came out of him. His robes began to age and tear, and his form looked different.

latest

He began counterspelling towards Rhazzad, sending a large burst of energy towards him.

Meanwhile several of the zombies from earlier would crawl in through the window.

@Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT

The cleric of Corellon would nod as she was mentioned. The soldiers around proceeded to calm down as it seemed the onslaught was over.

The paladin would walk over to the group, including Aqua, who was collapsed on the ground muttering "Good nice dragon..."

"Thank you for the assistance." She said. "I need to make a report to General Sabine."​
Richter's heavy footfalls echoed through the darkened chamber as he suddenly broke his stillness and silence, making a bold approach towards the deformed, gibbering mound of flesh that was once Rhazzad.

"Hmph, just what I was waiting for."

"I always have the honor to hold my strikes until I'm certain of what they'll slay, but I knew your true nature would surface when it became CONVENIENT!" The vampire hunter's voice rose sharply as his main hand lashed forward, sweeping the full length of the chain whip along the floor in front of himself, directly into the group of zombies that stumbled in from the window.

The consecrated steel hummed with divine light as it made contact with the baleful reanimated flesh of Rhazzad's minions, cleanly searing through their legs like butter and knocking them down. Richter didn't break his powerful stride as he dug his leather boot into the rotting skull of one of the floored zombies, continuing towards Rhazzad.

"Now there's no doubt about it - you're nothing but a spiteful monster. On my blood, I will wipe your filth clean from this tower! TAKE THIS!"

Following up with Lucina's sword strike into the monster's abdomen, Richter broke into a full dash. Provided that the falchion-wielder was capable of holding the aberration in place with her blade, Richter moved a hand to his arsenal and grasped a roundish object, yanking it free from his belt and flinging it towards Rhazzad with a swift underhanded toss.

latest

FWOOOSH!

The object in question was a small glass container of sparkling blue water, capped off by a small golden cross. The glass shattered against the ground in front of Rhazzad, immediately igniting with a sharp hiss into a rising plume of bright, azure flame. The flames billowed and grew in intensity, surrounding the aberration and scalding its strange flesh with divine fury. Richter skirted away from Rhazzad, holding up his whip defensively and allowing the flames of the holy water to cook Rhazzad for as long as they could.

@Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

The skeleton dragon would clatter to the ground, and the Bone Golem fall to its knees. However, as it fell, it tossed its large sword towards Arslan letting out a large shout as it did so.

@Takumi

A large roar could be heard from behind where the enemy lines were located. In the distance, a female figure could be seen, barely hidden by the smoke and fog in the area. It gestured its arms, and raised a staff. Another ground rumbling could be felt.

Sabine only said one word.

"Dracolich."

"And you as well, Elizia." She said.

Shanalotte would follow behind you all, staying back, however. When you entered the next room, it was much of the same. Suits of Armor stood at the edge of this room, and an altar stood in the center. The Nashers who ran this way were nowhere to be seen, however, there was a young man in Neverwinter guard armor clutching a wound on his shoulder and his chest slumped against the altar.

He looked up as everyone entered the room. "The Nashers, they have the crown." He gestured and shouted. He winced in pain.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

The mage sighed. "You're right, I can't," He said. He picked up a book on the table and held it up. "Right here is everything I have on the Spellplague and Planar Travel." He would then gesture his arm, throwing it into the portal of magical energy. "No mortal can stop my ascent to Godhood! Can't you see?! I'm on the verge here!" His clothes would begin to tear and his speech became slurred. "DO YOU NOT SEE?!" He soon turned into a giant blue monster.

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT@Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

The Dragon would collapse into dust, and the Paladin would look at you all. "You did very well. Thank you for the assistance." She said with a serious nod. "It seems the invasion has stopped for now."​
"Oh you're hurt pretty bad..." Scorpia leaned down and gave the guard a look over. "I guess them having the crown is a bad thing? Do you want us to go after them or..." She motioned to the wound on his shoulder. "Help you?" This all seemed very time sensitive so Scorpia figured it was at least polite to ask if he needed help.

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @York
❝ Oh no, that's truly terrible! Such vile fiends, they will know the wrongs of their crimes. ❞ Merlin expressed shock at the development. Well, that's no good at all. But hey, it was a plus that they've found the person they were sent to search for, but it was bad that he was fairly wounded nonetheless.

❝ It's decided then, we'll make haste after the Crown thieves that the Nashers are making themselves to be! Come now, I'll dig into my magecraft-filled head and whip up a healing spell for you, Otus I presume? ❞ Despite the whole situation, Merlin declared this with a cheery smile, generating some magical energy into his staff. That was, unless someone wanted to save Merlin the trouble of healing.

@Minerva @Jeremi @Lucky @York

"I'll be fine." He said, wincing in pain. He moved his arm slightly to cover it up. He nodded towards Merlin. "Indeed." He said cringing. "Wish we could've met under better circumstances."

@York @Lucky

Rhazzad screamed in pain as he was slammed against the wall and hit with a magic ball. "Y-YOU FOOLS!" He said. "I'm.... INVINCIBLE!" His face started morphing, becoming less human (Well, for an elf) and angrier. He started growing in strength as tentacles came out of him. His robes began to age and tear, and his form looked different.

latest

He began counterspelling towards Rhazzad, sending a large burst of energy towards him.

Meanwhile several of the zombies from earlier would crawl in through the window.

@Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT

The cleric of Corellon would nod as she was mentioned. The soldiers around proceeded to calm down as it seemed the onslaught was over.

The paladin would walk over to the group, including Aqua, who was collapsed on the ground muttering "Good nice dragon..."

"Thank you for the assistance." She said. "I need to make a report to General Sabine."​
"No, you really do not look okay," Scorpia had an eye for that sort of thing. "Hey, didn't we grab some bottles earlier? Maybe they can help? I'd feel pretty bad leaving this fella behind when we go looking for the crown."

Fjord

" I would feel mighty bad as well if we leave him behind. I don't got much strength, but if I get some help, I could carry him," he said, finally speaking up after just being silent and well getting lost in the floors craftsman ship.

Elizia
@Minerva @Jeremi @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies
@Hall of Justice

Stumbling to a halt, Elizia quickly assessed the situation, able to piece things together based off of what Otus told them.

"They do, huh... ... Guess we'll just have to take it back!" She said, though she hesitated, realizing she might have a solution to the guard's injury.

Merlin seemed... Keen on doing something himself, but she decided to take the initiative, especially after the rest of the party seemed keen on helping the Guard, to which she nodded a little, remember the strange potions she had grabbed earlier. Though she didn't know what they did, she figured it was close enough to food to help.

Quickly fishing one out of the satchel she picked up, she handed it to the guard.

"Here, try this. Not exactly food, but it's close enough I guess."

It was such an odd thing to say casually, almost as if this was a normal thing to say where she came from (which it was... Oddly enough).​

"Geh..." Kazuma could only utter as Megumin innocently suggested that she would personally blow him up into little pieces if he tried anything funny again, but was able to roll with it, returning her smile with his own forced demure smile. "Worry not, Megumin. I only have your best interests at heart!"

To the paladin, Kazuma blinked. "Ahh, right. Be sure to tell them how much I helped! That's Kazuma Satou, by the way! Just so you know!" He said to the woman, saying his name as though it would be fortuitous of him, the idealized reward still fresh in his mind, "In the meantime, I need to... uh, tend to my party here. As you can see, they've exerted all their energy into maintaining this place!" Kazuma exclaimed, intent on showing off exaggerating the efforts of him and the others.

With that being said, he gently tapped Aqua on the ground with his foot, a notch below an actual kick. "Oi, Aqua! Get up!"

View attachment 3590

"... Hmm."

Kazuma thought through how to get Aqua to instantly recover and reclaim her senses, as much as she had anyway, so she wouldn't keep making him look bad like this, before an idea lit itself in his head.

"Oh, is that some booze I see over there?" Kazuma suddenly said loudly deliberately, as though to get Aqua's attention, "Guess a soldier just brought it along on the battlefield and then left it behind. Well, I'm sure he won't miss it if I have a sip from that expensive looking bottle. Love me some... uh... Yebisu."

He remembered Yebisu was not a thing here.

@Minerva @Kaykay

He began counterspelling towards Ryze, sending a large burst of energy towards him.

As Rhazzad's surge of magic rocketed toward him, Ryze jumped back to give himself a split second more time to charge up one of his runes.

yjYpMvf.png

He put his arms out in front of him as a protective sphere surrounded him, which would absorb the impact of the blast and then shatter afterward. The archmage grunted a little from the pressure. "That all you can do?" he scoffed.

fZOqFoO.png

Capitalizing on his allies' attacks, particularly Richter's, the ancient man concentrated and then released volatile energies which would converge into yet another Rune Prison, hopefully rooting the monster in place so that the flames could better consume it.​

"No, you really do not look okay," Scorpia had an eye for that sort of thing. "Hey, didn't we grab some bottles earlier? Maybe they can help? I'd feel pretty bad leaving this fella behind when we go looking for the crown."

Fjord

Elizia
@Hall of Justice

Stumbling to a halt, Elizia quickly assessed the situation, able to piece things together based off of what Otus told them.

"They do, huh... ... Guess we'll just have to take it back!" She said, though she hesitated, realizing she might have a solution to the guard's injury.

Merlin seemed... Keen on doing something himself, but she decided to take the initiative, especially after the rest of the party seemed keen on helping the Guard, to which she nodded a little, remember the strange potions she had grabbed earlier. Though she didn't know what they did, she figured it was close enough to food to help.

Quickly fishing one out of the satchel she picked up, she handed it to the guard.

"Here, try this. Not exactly food, but it's close enough I guess."

It was such an odd thing to say casually, almost as if this was a normal thing to say where she came from (which it was... Oddly enough).

He would once again adjust his arm. "I'm fine. You'd just be handicapping yourself." He said towards Fjord. When the potion was offered, however, he would grab it and drink it. Almost instantly, his wounds would begin healing and his pale face would start having color return to it. He shakily began to stand up and limp his way towards the entrance where you all came in.

"Thank you. I should warn you, however, they have a powerful spellcaster."

@Gummi Bunnies @HallofJustice

Lucina wasn't shocked by the mage's transformation. Monsters in her world were a usual occurence. She kicked the nearest zombie back out the window and focused her attention on Rhazzad, Falchion gleaming in the light.

This beast would not surive fo rlong with a well aimed Critical Hit.

Lucina drew her arm back and launched herself forwards, channeling her energy into a single strike aimed right for the creature's midsection. If it connected, surely the beast would suffer immense damage and be slashed in two.

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Plauge Tower Team

Richter's heavy footfalls echoed through the darkened chamber as he suddenly broke his stillness and silence, making a bold approach towards the deformed, gibbering mound of flesh that was once Rhazzad.

"Hmph, just what I was waiting for."

"I always have the honor to hold my strikes until I'm certain of what they'll slay, but I knew your true nature would surface when it became CONVENIENT!" The vampire hunter's voice rose sharply as his main hand lashed forward, sweeping the full length of the chain whip along the floor in front of himself, directly into the group of zombies that stumbled in from the window.

The consecrated steel hummed with divine light as it made contact with the baleful reanimated flesh of Rhazzad's minions, cleanly searing through their legs like butter and knocking them down. Richter didn't break his powerful stride as he dug his leather boot into the rotting skull of one of the floored zombies, continuing towards Rhazzad.

"Now there's no doubt about it - you're nothing but a spiteful monster. On my blood, I will wipe your filth clean from this tower! TAKE THIS!"

Following up with Lucina's sword strike into the monster's abdomen, Richter broke into a full dash. Provided that the falchion-wielder was capable of holding the aberration in place with her blade, Richter moved a hand to his arsenal and grasped a roundish object, yanking it free from his belt and flinging it towards Rhazzad with a swift underhanded toss.

latest

FWOOOSH!

The object in question was a small glass container of sparkling blue water, capped off by a small golden cross. The glass shattered against the ground in front of Rhazzad, immediately igniting with a sharp hiss into a rising plume of bright, azure flame. The flames billowed and grew in intensity, surrounding the aberration and scalding its strange flesh with divine fury. Richter skirted away from Rhazzad, holding up his whip defensively and allowing the flames of the holy water to cook Rhazzad for as long as they could.

@Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower
Ryze
proxy.php

As Rhazzad's surge of magic rocketed toward him, Ryze jumped back to give himself a split second more time to charge up one of his runes.

yjYpMvf.png

He put his arms out in front of him as a protective sphere surrounded him, which would absorb the impact of the blast and then shatter afterward. The archmage grunted a little from the pressure. "That all you can do?" he scoffed.

fZOqFoO.png

Capitalizing on his allies' attacks, particularly Richter's, the ancient man concentrated and then released volatile energies which would converge into yet another Rune Prison, hopefully rooting the monster in place so that the flames could better consume it.

There would be a screech as the monster that was once Rhazzad was hit by a powerful sword strike. Several tentacles flew off and part of his cloak with them, and the magic stopped flying at Ryze. When he was caught in the flame, more screeching could be heard, and a pungent smell filled the room. However, from the cloud, more tentacles could be seen, shooting forth and wrapping themselves around Richter's wrist and attempted to not only disarm him, but also pull him towards his own holy fire.

@Archmage Jeremiah @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

Arslan heard the scream and glanced back over his shoulder, before quickly trying to doge to the side and out of the way. If the blade came at him horizontally, he'd drop to the ground and keep the torch safe. He saw it as his responsibility as well as a means of testing himself. He just hoped he'd live through the experience and return home in one piece.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko @eastertower

The sword would fly past and...

implant itself into the dragon. Meanwhile, the soldiers by your side picked up their blades and charged towards both enemies as well as the smaller human sized zombies climbing up. An older looking man in military garb pointed and shouted to three younger soldiers. "Those are TRUE heroes!" He said confidently. "Pick up your blades and support them!"

After what felt like a long time, you finally reached the tower. In front of you was the smoldering remains of a fire.

@Yun Lee @RyuKeiko

Fjord

Fjord didn't think too much about why he wouldn't want his help, but the potion seemed to do his job and he managed to be fine. He would pause, looking around to see if there was any more of those potions around. It seemed it would be helpful to the whole party he was in and even within his own group whenever he would get home. He ran his hand through his hair.

" How powerful of a spell caster are we talking about? Because I've dealt with a few powerful ones and came out alive."

@Minerva @York @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

He would once again adjust his arm. "I'm fine. You'd just be handicapping yourself." He said towards Fjord. When the potion was offered, however, he would grab it and drink it. Almost instantly, his wounds would begin healing and his pale face would start having color return to it. He shakily began to stand up and limp his way towards the entrance where you all came in.

There would be a screech as the monster that was once Rhazzad was hit by a powerful sword strike. Several tentacles flew off and part of his cloak with them, and the magic stopped flying at Ryze. When he was caught in the flame, more screeching could be heard, and a pungent smell filled the room. However, from the cloud, more tentacles could be seen, shooting forth and wrapping themselves around Richter's wrist and attempted to not only disarm him, but also pull him towards his own holy fire.

implant itself into the dragon. Meanwhile, the soldiers by your side picked up their blades and charged towards both enemies as well as the smaller human sized zombies climbing up. An older looking man in military garb pointed and shouted to three younger soldiers. "Those are TRUE heroes!" He said confidently. "Pick up your blades and support them!"

After what felt like a long time, you finally reached the tower. In front of you was the smoldering remains of a fire.

@Yun Lee @RyuKeiko

jgHJ1Jt.png

"Oh don't worry about us, we're all trained professionals here."
Scorpia looked around. "Right?" Actually she didn't really know what all of them were so she just quickly moved on. "Anyway, if you're okay and we need to get that crown, we better get a move on."

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky

"Just die, will you?!" the Rune Mage bellowed, frustrated at the beast's resilience. Each second more fighting Rhazzad meant that it was a second longer toward reaching the knowledge of 'Planar Travel.' Before casting any more spells, Ryze oriented his right hand to a form similar to a karate chop. The runes on the arm lit up once more as he performed a slicing motion, shooting out thinner bolts of searing magic intending to cut off some of the emerging tentacles at the root.​

@Yun Lee @RyuKeiko

Covered in dust and sore from running, Arslan perked up at the sight of what eas left of the flames from before and lowered the torch to light the remains. He almost just let it drop from his hand unceremoniously for a split second.

The dirt covered prince gave a small relieved sigh, at least pleased that morale was up with the soldiers at least.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko

"Just die, will you?!" the Rune Mage bellowed, frustrated at the beast's resilience. Each second more fighting Rhazzad meant that it was a second longer toward reaching the knowledge of 'Planar Travel.' Before casting any more spells, Ryze oriented his right hand to a form similar to a karate chop. The runes on the arm lit up once more as he performed a slicing motion, shooting out thinner bolts of searing magic intending to cut off some of the emerging tentacles at the root.​

@Yun Lee @RyuKeiko
Richter stood fast against the whipping tentacles, his eyes tracking their movements carefully as they snaked towards him with the intent to scald him in God's flame. Richter made no movements in the face of Rhazzad's desperate grapple, as Ryze descended upon the tentacles with a runic chop, hopefully cleanly slicing through the twitching appendages before they could make any serious effort to drag their target forward.

"Thank you, Ryze! Let's finish this goon off!"

Richter broke into another graceful sprint, allowing the entire length of his whip to come loose of his wrist and snake through the air behind himself. The hunter cast his main hand backward as far he could, allowing the momentum of himself and heavy flail on end his whip to carry the length back, before swinging forth with a vicious crack of the whip.

"DIE, MONSTER!"

The whip's flail surged forward, unmolested by the flames as it smashed into the center of Rhazzad's mass - the consecrated metal digging deep and further scalding his aberrant flesh to the very core. If the accursed mage was still standing after this, then the Belmont had no qualms with demonstrating the full extent of his bloodline's tenacity.

For being out of practice for a few years, the rush of combat and danger wasn't foreign at all for Richter. It felt kind of refreshing, which wasn't something he expected himself to think in this scenario.

He probably shouldn't feel so refreshed.

@Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower​

❝ Ah, in that case, I do hope I can match with this spellcaster that you speak of. You know what they say, fight fire with fire! ❞ Merlin really did hope that he could be of use here. Either that or he wasn't going to be so helpful when they do run into this spellcaster that Otus was bringing up.

Covered in dust and sore from running, Arslan perked up at the sight of what eas left of the flames from before and lowered the torch to light the remains. He almost just let it drop from his hand unceremoniously for a split second.

The dirt covered prince gave a small relieved sigh, at least pleased that morale was up with the soldiers at least.

The bonfire would ignite. As it roared to life, soldiers who had been huddled around the smoldering fires raised their blades to finish off the oncoming horde. They cheered as they did so. The sound of steel clashing against steel rose around you, soldiers standing firm to fight off the last of Valindra's horde.

Everyone's walk back to the main gate would be quiet. When you arrived, Sabine could be seen ordering troops into a formation. "HOLD STEADY!" She shouted. "AND BRACE FOR IMPACT!" She gestured to all the recently arrived soldiers. "Get ready, everyone." she said.

As she spoke, a large flap of wings could be heard and a large skeletal creature perched on a watchtower. It roared towards everyone.

latest

Sabine would mutter one word as she ducked behind her shield.

"Dracolich."

@Crow @Ver @Kaykay @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko @Takumi

Ryze
proxy.php

"Just die, will you?!" the Rune Mage bellowed, frustrated at the beast's resilience. Each second more fighting Rhazzad meant that it was a second longer toward reaching the knowledge of 'Planar Travel.' Before casting any more spells, Ryze oriented his right hand to a form similar to a karate chop. The runes on the arm lit up once more as he performed a slicing motion, shooting out thinner bolts of searing magic intending to cut off some of the emerging tentacles at the root.
Richter stood fast against the whipping tentacles, his eyes tracking their movements carefully as they snaked towards him with the intent to scald him in God's flame. Richter made no movements in the face of Rhazzad's desperate grapple, as Ryze descended upon the tentacles with a runic chop, hopefully cleanly slicing through the twitching appendages before they could make any serious effort to drag their target forward.

"Thank you, Ryze! Let's finish this goon off!"

Richter broke into another graceful sprint, allowing the entire length of his whip to come loose of his wrist and snake through the air behind himself. The hunter cast his main hand backward as far he could, allowing the momentum of himself and heavy flail on end his whip to carry the length back, before swinging forth with a vicious crack of the whip.

"DIE, MONSTER!"

The whip's flail surged forward, unmolested by the flames as it smashed into the center of Rhazzad's mass - the consecrated metal digging deep and further scalding his aberrant flesh to the very core. If the accursed mage was still standing after this, then the Belmont had no qualms with demonstrating the full extent of his bloodline's tenacity.

For being out of practice for a few years, the rush of combat and danger wasn't foreign at all for Richter. It felt kind of refreshing, which wasn't something he expected himself to think in this scenario.

He probably shouldn't feel so refreshed.

The tentacles would break out and Rhazzad would let out another harsh scream. The whip would tear into him. Before collapsing did one last move. It threw a green torch towards Ryze, hoping to catch him in a magical blaze. The tentacled illusion would collapse leaving nothing but a cloak wrapped around a second journal.

The room was quiet, save for the sounds of the giant energy pillar. Research papers and alchemical equipment were strewn about.

@Hahli Nuva @Archmage Jeremiah @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Fjord

Fjord didn't think too much about why he wouldn't want his help, but the potion seemed to do his job and he managed to be fine. He would pause, looking around to see if there was any more of those potions around. It seemed it would be helpful to the whole party he was in and even within his own group whenever he would get home. He ran his hand through his hair.

" How powerful of a spell caster are we talking about? Because I've dealt with a few powerful ones and came out alive."

jgHJ1Jt.png

"Oh don't worry about us, we're all trained professionals here."
Scorpia looked around. "Right?" Actually she didn't really know what all of them were so she just quickly moved on. "Anyway, if you're okay and we need to get that crown, we better get a move on."

❝ Ah, in that case, I do hope I can match with this spellcaster that you speak of. You know what they say, fight fire with fire! ❞ Merlin really did hope that he could be of use here. Either that or he wasn't going to be so helpful when they do run into this spellcaster that Otus was bringing up.

"I'm sorry, I don't know much of her power..." He said.

As the group went deeper into the tunnels they’d hear voices. “They’re following us!” And “Grab the crown!”

When you entered, you saw a group of Nashers jumping through what appeared to be a portal. One dressed in a cloak with a symbol on it would face the group. It would be the same assassin Elizia had tackled the previous day.

The symbol stuck out among the various Nashers:

latest

"SHIT!"

As soon as she saw the group, she grabbed the crown and jumped through the portal. It would close behind her, leaving two Nasher soldiers in there. Another rumbling could be felt and a large armored automaton of a knight in the center of the room would come to life. It swung the giant sword at the group as the two Nashers ran towards them.​

The bonfire would ignite. As it roared to life, soldiers who had been huddled around the smoldering fires raised their blades to finish off the oncoming horde. They cheered as they did so. The sound of steel clashing against steel rose around you, soldiers standing firm to fight off the last of Valindra's horde.

Everyone's walk back to the main gate would be quiet. When you arrived, Sabine could be seen ordering troops into a formation. "HOLD STEADY!" She shouted. "AND BRACE FOR IMPACT!" She gestured to all the recently arrived soldiers. "Get ready, everyone." she said.

As she spoke, a large flap of wings could be heard and a large skeletal creature perched on a watchtower. It roared towards everyone.

latest

"Dracolich."

"Let's start."

Clarisse begins her assault.

Ability_ArmorBreak_4.png

"Nano Analyze!"

Applied to the Dracolich, this strike would reduce its defense by 25%, and reduce its resistance to fire by 15%. This drop in defensive capability would give all a better fighting chance!

Clarisse followed it up by one of her basic fiery explosions in front of the beast's face.

@Crow @Ver @Kaykay @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko @Takumi @Minerva

Fjord

Fjord's first instinct was to dodge out of the way of the sword. He had so many options, but the very first thing that came to mind. " ELDRITCH BLAST," he shouted using his controlled beams, aiming one at one Nash soldier and one at another. He looked over at the others. " Well, these Nashers ain't going to beat themselves."

@Yun Lee @RyuKeiko
Fjord

jgHJ1Jt.png

latest

"Dracolich."

The tentacles would break out and Rhazzad would let out another harsh scream. The whip would tear into him. Before collapsing did one last move. It threw a green torch towards Ryze, hoping to catch him in a magical blaze. The tentacled illusion would collapse leaving nothing but a cloak wrapped around a second journal.

The room was quiet, save for the sounds of the giant energy pillar. Research papers and alchemical equipment were strewn about.

@Hahli Nuva @Archmage Jeremiah @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT

"I'm sorry, I don't know much of her power..." He said.

As the group went deeper into the tunnels they’d hear voices. “They’re following us!” And “Grab the crown!”

When you entered, you saw a group of Nashers jumping through what appeared to be a portal. One dressed in a cloak with a symbol on it would face the group. It would be the same assassin Elizia had tackled the previous day.

The symbol stuck out among the various Nashers:

latest

"SHIT!"

As soon as she saw the group, she grabbed the crown and jumped through the portal. It would close behind her, leaving two Nasher soldiers in there. Another rumbling could be felt and a large armored automaton of a knight in the center of the room would come to life. It swung the giant sword at the group as the two Nashers ran towards them.​

"Oh don't worry about us, we're all trained professionals here." Scorpia looked around. "Right?" Actually she didn't really know what all of them were so she just quickly moved on. "Anyway, if you're okay and we need to get that crown, we better get a move on."

Elizia

Elizia was a little surprised seeing the man recover so much just from drinking a potion, but pleasantly so. It seemed these potions were just as good as a lobster or two in a pinch, perhaps even better. She'd have to look into brewing some herself, but for now, that wasn't really her main focus.

No, right at this moment, there was someone about to steal a prized possession from this very vault; the Crown they had been tasked to protect. Though, the abilities the thief possessed intrigued her, and made her rethink her strategy for recovering this crown.

"A Spellcaster, huh? ... I guess I'll be at a disadvantage..." She said thoughtfully.

After all, melee was weak to magic last she checked, and she didn't have the time nor runes to outcompete a mage with her own magical abilities, nor arrows to overcome such a foe through taking advantage of the combat triangle. No, she had to... Improvise.

Quickly, she sheathed her scimitars, and took off what looked to be some kind of backpack on her, stuffing the sheathed weapons in there, and taking out what looked to be a spear and a shield, both made of some green, durable metal. The same stuff her scimitars were made out of.

Her usual combat gear after all, included two sets for each side of the combat triangle; one for fighting offensively, one for a more... Defensive approach.

The latter of which she would be needing right about now.

As they ventured deeper into the tunnels, Elizia couldn't help but be reminded of a more recent venture of hers; traveling to the desolate Crandor Island to slay Elvarg, the dragon that had burnt it to the ground.

Although, instead of a dragon, once they reached the end of the tunnels, where the Crown was held... She found not only the fleeing Spellcaster who had just taken the Crown, but a group of Nashers jumping through a portal.

While she was prepared to utter some rehearsed words of monologue, something about one of them caught her eye; the Assassin from yesterday. She memorized the symbol she saw on that Cloaked Nasher, feeling like it was going to be important, but unfortunately, this gave the enemy a golden opportunity to vacate the premises for the most part, save for two... And an Automated knight ontop of that.

Though the latter was likely security, Elizia saw it as an enemy as well, but unlike the Nashers, perhaps there was a different way to deal with it...

But that would have to wait a little.

As the Automaton swung down with its sword, Elizia quickly rushed forwards in an attempt to block its blow with her shield. She had her Hasta prepared, incase she needed to strike in retaliation, or more likely... Fend off the attacking Nashers too.

"If you are this vault's guardian... Stand down! We are not your enemy!" She shouted towards the Automaton.

Although, she was fully prepared to take it down as well if it was unable to be reasoned with. The Nashers were a well established threat, but she wasn't entirely sure what this machine was attacking them for if it was indeed her to guard the vault.

The thought didn't occur to her yet, that the Automaton may have been... Tampered with.​

image.png

"EEEEEEEHHHHHHH?! How am I supposed to compete against that?!" Kazuma exclaimed in shock as the monster made itself visible to the group, still clutching Megumin on his back. Certainly, he doubted most of his low-level magics would have much effect on it, and he didn't really want to risk attacking it head-on with his sword, but what then could he do here? With Megumin down for the day, having already used up her one Explosion, there wasn't much he could do, unless...!

With one Explosion-crazed girl on his back, Kazuma hopped over to the other, Clarisse, looking to her intently. "Hey, other Explosion girl! Do you mind lending some of your energy to transfer? This damn useless mage here already burned herself out in just one spell, so I have to fill her up again!" He exclaimed, irritably nudging Megumin on his back.

@Crow @Kaykay @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko @Minerva @Takumi @Everybody

latest

"Dracolich."

"Let's start."

Clarisse begins her assault.

Ability_ArmorBreak_4.png

"Nano Analyze!"

Applied to the Dracolich, this strike would reduce its defense by 25%, and reduce its resistance to fire by 15%. This drop in defensive capability would give all a better fighting chance!

Clarisse followed it up by one of her basic fiery explosions in front of the beast's face.

@Crow @Ver @Kaykay @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko @Takumi @Minerva

image.png

"EEEEEEEHHHHHHH?! How am I supposed to compete against that?!" Kazuma exclaimed in shock as the monster made itself visible to the group, still clutching Megumin on his back. Certainly, he doubted most of his low-level magics would have much effect on it, and he didn't really want to risk attacking it head-on with his sword, but what then could he do here? With Megumin down for the day, having already used up her one Explosion, there wasn't much he could do, unless...!

With one Explosion-crazed girl on his back, Kazuma hopped over to the other, Clarisse, looking to her intently. "Hey, other Explosion girl! Do you mind lending some of your energy to transfer? This damn useless mage here already burned herself out in just one spell, so I have to fill her up again!" He exclaimed, irritably nudging Megumin on his back.

Wendy smiled, watching the flames bellow, before she noticed Arslan was a looking a bit tired. "Hold on!" She excalimed as she rushed over to him. When she got to his side, she placed her hands upon his side and smiles up at him. A gentle wind seems to build around her as she closes her eyes. Her hand cool to touch rested upon Arslan's back as she attempted to use Sky Dragonslayer magic to relax his body and at least restore some stamina.

---

Before long, the roar of what seemed to be another dragon appeared. With her sensitive ears, she heard the name Dracolich being muttered, but that didn't matter. Shaking slightly, she backed away from the dragon, somewhat intimated. Could she be of help in this fight? She wasn't much a fighter, but... i-it's a dragon... I should be able to handle this... She thought, her mind racing from the adrenaline and fear. The mage within the group seemed to cast spells to begin this battle. She looked over at Arslan and the others, wondering how they were taking all this in. What would Natsu do at a time like this....? She thought.

After a brief moment, Wendy stopped backing away and stood her ground as she balled her fist again. The wind began to bellow around her as she looked up towards the dragon, and began to make her way forward to stand near Clarisse, reading to fight alongside the group and help in anyway she could. As she moved, features began to shift. Her hair, normally blue as the sky above started to shift to a more pinkish hue, her eyes following suit. Around her wrist, feathers could be seen, as well as around her ankles. Think like Natsu... What would he say? What would he do?

The wind seem to blow and shift around her, as if bending to her will alone. She stopped slightly behind Clarisse, and gave her best 'Natsu' smile of bravery.

View attachment 3602

"Now I've got a fire in MY belly!" She shouted out, trying to be as tough as she could.

@Crow @Minerva @Takumi @Kaykay @Yun Lee @Ver @everyone<3

image.png

57vgcUI.png

"Hmmm? Alright, if she's all worn out, you can go ahead and transfer some of my Charge Bar to her," Clarisse says, "I'll just recharge it again~."

Clarisse reaches a hand to Kazuma, waiting for him to drain the very gague she would need to use her Ultimate Attack should it hit a hundred percent. Right now, it was at the lower pecentages, but it would do.

@Crow @Kaykay @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko @Ver @Takumi @Minerva @Everybody

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back