Non-Canon On a Cold Neverwinter Day IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The skritch skritch sound would end, and all of a sudden there would be a large smashing sound as the wall crashed in, and...

Out popped Fjord's head, and several screaming rats, who had bolts and arrows in their backs, and were also crushed. This was followed by several more rats, and then by Boward who looked confused.

Meanwhile the female wizard would gesture to Merlin's stockings. "Give those to me and guard the door. I think I have a way of getting us out of here."

"YOUR BLOOD WILL SPILL, HUMAN!" the orc shouted. "GRUUMSH WILL NOT FALL!" The line of orcs just kept coming, one after the other. Tooth and nail flew, the stench of blood permeated the field. The orcs dying for Grrumsh in an attempt to satiate his bloodlust.

Meanwhile, the Neverwinter soldiers would be healed. They picked up spears and swords and shields.

"Regroup!" A wounded soldier said, pikcing up his sword. "We must retake the district!" They shouted. The soldiers began gathering into a formation and clashing blades against the orcs’.

“For Lady Marvell and Lord Neverember!” They shouted, praising their lord and savior.

The Orc laughed as the mace hit him. “Grummsh will be grateful!” He shouted, raising his sword once again.

There was a soft thunk sound as Xalliana had hit the ground. She twirled a dagger and positioned herself behind the Orc...​

As the wall crashed in Arslan made a sound of surprise and held up his short sword, before pure confusion showed on his features at the sight of Fjord and Boward.

View attachment 4046

"Well it's not my fault everything went downhill! You can put all the blame you want on that garbage goblin there, but as usual, I had nothing to do with it!" Kazuma exclaimed, pointing an accusatory finger toward Merlin as he spoke. The boy was truly ready to crush Merlin like a tin can, considering his calm and lackadaisical manner, about to throw him in the trash where he belonged.

Still, they had little time to even bemoan their situation. Indeed, they needed to devise a plan, and very soon.

Jumping back, startled greatly as the wall was crashed in, the boy practically hid in a craven manner behind the female wizard, eyes wide in alarm. "And just what are you going to do with those?! I'm not sure you should even be touching them! You might already have herpes if he's been wearing them!!" He said in regards to Merlin's stockings, his mind barely able to focus on his magic enough to defend himself if absolutely needed be, not that he could probably do much.

Heck, if Megumin were even able to cast Explosion here, she may as well just murder both parties while she was at it, the entire place could come down on them! They were really between a rock and a hard place here.

@Kaykay @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York

Fjord

Fjord would take some time to struggle a bit to get out of the wall. " Sorry to crash in on your moment.... but could someone like explain what happen that caused everyone to be yelling? I was trying to get the crown back.... but got a little too fancy for my own good, also, hi, I'm Fjord," he replied to them. For the briefest of seconds, Fjord accent had slid from Texan to British before switching back.

@Minerva @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York @Kaykay

"I'm, Arslan. Prince Arslan, pleased to meet you?" Arslan muttered, still somewhat confused on why they suddenly came from a rather faulty fire place.

Clearing his throat softly he motioned to the others and answered Fjord with, "Right now we're looking for a way to escape, and currently some of our members are worked up." He answered, mostly speaking of Kazuma and his anger towards Merlin and likely the mages and such trying to get into the room from the (currently) only entrance and exit to said room.

@Minerva @Lucky @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York @Kaykay

Last edited:
Fjord

Fjord would take some time to struggle a bit to get out of the wall. " Sorry to crash in on your moment.... but could someone like explain what happen that caused everyone to be yelling? I was trying to get the crown back.... but got a little too fancy for my own good, also, hi, I'm Fjord," he replied to them. For the briefest of seconds, Fjord accent had slid from Texan to British before switching back.

If he hadn't already gotten out he'd find some tug him rather forcefully out of the wall. "You alright? Sorry I guess I didn't throw you right." Scorpia replied dusting off some debris from his shoulders.

Fjord

Fjord looked over at Arslan with a smile. " I can honestly say that you're the first prince that I have met, nice to meet you Prince Arslan," he replied.

Fjord looked over at him and wondered how they had gotten themselves in their predictment. " Well, the hole we made does actually lead to another place, so that's a way out of this place to be honest. So, maybe it was a good thing I crashed in here on you guys. How did you guys get trapped in this room in the first place?" He asked, looking over at him with a smile.

He would continue to struggle and offered a smile, as she would dust a bit of the debris off his shoulder. " Nah, it was my fault, I got all fancy with my Falchion after you threw me, didn't think of what would happen." His accent shifted between Texan and British for every other three words in the sentence.'

@Jeremi @Minerva @Takumi @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York @Kaykay

Fjord

Fjord looked over at Arslan with a smile. " I can honestly say that you're the first prince that I have met, nice to meet you Prince Arslan," he replied.

Fjord looked over at him and wondered how they had gotten themselves in their predictment. " Well, the hole we made does actually lead to another place, so that's a way out of this place to be honest. So, maybe it was a good thing I crashed in here on you guys. How did you guys get trapped in this room in the first place?" He asked, looking over at him with a smile.

He would continue to struggle and offered a smile, as she would dust a bit of the debris off his shoulder. " Nah, it was my fault, I got all fancy with my Falchion after you threw me, didn't think of what would happen." His accent shifted between Texan and British for every other three words in the sentence.'

"If you wish, then simply Arslan would be fine." The young Parsian replied. When asked about how they ended up in their current situation, he frowned.

"We were under cover as one of the members of the cult here, but our cover ended up being blown." He explained, before looking to the hole the Fjord created with his crash landing.

"With how easily the wall collapsed I'm not sure how well that'd work, but it may be worth a try I suppose..." He was a bit unsure on if it'd work, but the group didn't have many options as it was. The Wizard that Kazuma his behind seemed to have some idea of what to do next to get them to safety, so that left another option.

@Minerva @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York

Last edited:
Fjord

Fjord offered a smile. " It's nice to meet you simy Arslan," he replied back to him, he wondered why he was frowning. He wondered how many people from their group that he hadn't met.

" Covers are often something that are dfifcult to keep. I will be the first to admit that my friends and I back home are also not good at keeping cover amongst themselves," he replied back to him.

He considered the fact that the wall had collapsed so easily to be a plus, but he could see the problem when people were worried that they had gotten buried. He had to wonder if the other man was annoying the wizard. He knew that his teammate was also someone who liked it to be quiet when he was casting spells.

@Takumi @Minerva @Lucky @Jeremi @Kaykay @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York

Taric would do what he could to draw as little attention to Xalianna as possible, luring the orc's focus as much on him instead. He smiled, bringing his shield up to block the attack, going completely on the defensive now. "Yes...I'm sure he will be."

@Minerva

The orc would finally raise his sword, before a stabbing sound was heard, and the orc wavered a bit on his legs, swinging.

"May Gruumsh...damn you... to the Nine..." He roared as he collapsed to the ground. Behind him, Xalliana stood, blade in hand, positioned. She bowed gracefully.

"Thank you for your help." She said, tucking the dagger back into its sheath.

View attachment 4046

"Well it's not my fault everything went downhill! You can put all the blame you want on that garbage goblin there, but as usual, I had nothing to do with it!" Kazuma exclaimed, pointing an accusatory finger toward Merlin as he spoke. The boy was truly ready to crush Merlin like a tin can, considering his calm and lackadaisical manner, about to throw him in the trash where he belonged.

Still, they had little time to even bemoan their situation. Indeed, they needed to devise a plan, and very soon.

Jumping back, startled greatly as the wall was crashed in, the boy practically hid in a craven manner behind the female wizard, eyes wide in alarm. "And just what are you going to do with those?! I'm not sure you should even be touching them! You might already have herpes if he's been wearing them!!" He said in regards to Merlin's stockings, his mind barely able to focus on his magic enough to defend himself if absolutely needed be, not that he could probably do much.

Heck, if Megumin were even able to cast Explosion here, she may as well just murder both parties while she was at it, the entire place could come down on them! They were really between a rock and a hard place here.

@Kaykay @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York
Fjord

As the wall crashed in Arslan made a sound of surprise and held up his short sword, before pure confusion showed on his features at the sight of Fjord and Boward.

"I'm, Arslan. Prince Arslan, pleased to meet you?" Arslan muttered, still somewhat confused confused on why they suddenly came from a rather faulty fire place.

Clearing his throat softly he motioned to the others and answered Fjord with, "Right now we're looking for a way to escape, and currently some of our members are worked up." He answered, mostly speaking of Kazuma and his anger towards Merlin and likely the mages and such trying to get into the room from the (currently) only entrance and exit to said room.

@Minerva @Lucky @Ver @Gummi Bunnies @York @Kaykay
Fjord

The mage would snap a glance back at Kazuma. "I'm trying to get us out of here, but I needed a physical component." She said, accusatorily. "I would like to focus on the spell so that we can survive."

There would be a large flash of light, like that of a flashbang, and all of the multiversal travelers would disappear from Toril with a pop.

Chapter 3: Of Doors and Cages

When you came to, you would find yourself in a crowded city square. However, something was different about this one. Instead of the sky stretching out endlessly, the city curved around, forming a ceiling. Buildings towered around you, with the room of one directly above you, red tiled.

Despite the oddity of appearing in the center of a square, no one paid you any heed. They kept to themselves, engrossed in their conversations or sales at stalls. The air felt crisp and cool, and the lighting made it look like evening. The market was lively and filled with people, talking with themselves.

latest

However, something about the area felt... off. There was a haze that permeated the area. One of paranoia and anxiety. While the square was crowded, people spoke in hushed tones and kept to themselves.

Soldiers wandered the streets, nervous eyes watching, their hands on steel. It was a ragtag group, consisting of all races wearing armor with different sigils on it. They marched in formation, jaded looks in their eyes. Several archers and crossbowmen stood on roofs, keeping watch over the streets below.

A man whispered to a girl. "I keep expecting The Lady to show up, but no one has seen her, thank the gods." he rubbed his arm. "Can't imagine what the state of the city would be like if she was here now." The woman agreed.

The blonde mage sighed. “Let’s see if we can’t find a way out of here.” She said, clutching her staff. “I’ll go look at market stalls, see what I can find.

You could remain in the Market Ward, but signs pointed to The Hive, the Lady’s Ward and The Clerk’s Ward.

Welcome to Sigil, the City Of Doors.

latest

@Alex Azure as Alucard (Castlevania)

Yours Truly as Aqua (Konosuba) and Lucina (Fire Emblem)

@Takumi as Arslan (Arslan Senki/Heroic Legend of Arslan)

@Crow as Clarisse (Granblue Fantasy)

@dark as Dante Aligheri (Dante's Inferno)

@Hida Tomonatsu as Diarmuid Saber (Fate/Grand Order)

@York as Elizia (Runescape)

@Lucky as Fjord (Critical Role)

@Ver as Kazuma Satou (Konosuba)

@Kaykay as Megumin (Konosuba)

@Gummi Bunnies as Merlin (Fate Series)

@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Richter Belmont (Castlevania)

@Ottonomous Ghost as Ryze (League of Legends)

@Jeremi as Scorpia (She-Ra)

@Sark as Stephen Strange (Marvel)

@Yun Lee as Taric (League of Legends)

@RyuKeiko as Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)​

Fjord

Fjord looked around, not sure what to make of the situation. " Well, it looks like we don't have to worry about escaping the other place now. It seems they are talking about some Lady's ward, maybe, she would have some news on where we are," he replied

@Minerva @Takumi @Lady's Ward

The orc would finally raise his sword, before a stabbing sound was heard, and the orc wavered a bit on his legs, swinging.

"May Gruumsh...damn you... to the Nine..." He roared as he collapsed to the ground. Behind him, Xalliana stood, blade in hand, positioned. She bowed gracefully.

The mage would snap a glance back at Kazuma. "I'm trying to get us out of here, but I needed a physical component." She said, accusatorily. "I would like to focus on the spell so that we can survive."

There would be a large flash of light, like that of a flashbang, and all of the multiversal travelers would disappear from Toril with a pop.

When you came to, you would find yourself in a crowded city square. However, something was different about this one. Instead of the sky stretching out endlessly, the city curved around, forming a ceiling. Buildings towered around you, with the room of one directly above you, red tiled.

Despite the oddity of appearing in the center of a square, no one paid you any heed. They kept to themselves, engrossed in their conversations or sales at stalls. The air felt crisp and cool, and the lighting made it look like evening. The market was lively and filled with people, talking with themselves.

latest

However, something about the area felt... off. There was a haze that permeated the area. One of paranoia and anxiety. While the square was crowded, people spoke in hushed tones and kept to themselves.

Soldiers wandered the streets, nervous eyes watching, their hands on steel. It was a ragtag group, consisting of all races wearing armor with different sigils on it. They marched in formation, jaded looks in their eyes. Several archers and crossbowmen stood on roofs, keeping watch over the streets below.

A man whispered to a girl. "I keep expecting The Lady to show up, but no one has seen her, thank the gods." he rubbed his arm. "Can't imagine what the state of the city would be like if she was here now." The woman agreed.

The blonde mage sighed. “Let’s see if we can’t find a way out of here.” She said, clutching her staff. “I’ll go look at market stalls, see what I can find.

You could remain in the Market Ward, but signs pointed to The Hive, the Lady’s Ward and The Clerk’s Ward.

latest

Arslan wasn't as surprised at suddenly being transported somewhere as he probably should be, but he took a look at their surroundings with some slight concern. Something seemed to have happened given the nervous air about those in the market. Though he wondered who this 'Lady' was? Perhaps a noblewoman of some sort?

Fjord

Fjord looked around, not sure what to make of the situation. " Well, it looks like we don't have to worry about escaping the other place now. It seems they are talking about some Lady's ward, maybe, she would have some news on where we are," he replied

@Minerva @Takumi @Lady's Ward

"They seem to be afraid of her, if I'm not mistaken." He spoke up, glancing around curiosly.

"Perhaps a tyrant of some sort?" He pondered aloud, though within earshot of group members. Something didn't sit right with him about it all,that much was certain.

@Minerva @Lucky @Everyone

latest

latest

Scorpia looked around in excitement at the new area not really noticing the ill wind in the air. "Whoa this place is huge! Look at the houses!" She started to wander off to check more of the Market Ward. If she had actually heard anything what the people around her had been saying then she was hiding it pretty well.

@Minerva

Before Taric could even say a single thing to Xallianna, he found himself somewhere completely new yet again. This place was rather different, the fear here being almost tangible. Was this, too, another world in need of aid? Of protection? If so, he would extend to them the same services he had in Neverwinter. Until Valoran called him home, he would protect this new world, these new people within.

But in order to do so effectively, he needed information. Taric looked over the signs around him, believing the market wouldn't provide him any good context due to the tension. Fjord had mentioned the Lady's Ward? "I, too, overheard talk of The Lady," Taric responded with a nod. "I am sure if we are to learn anything, it will be there."

@Minerva @Lucky @Takumi

Before Taric could even say a single thing to Xallianna, he found himself somewhere completely new yet again. This place was rather different, the fear here being almost tangible. Was this, too, another world in need of aid? Of protection? If so, he would extend to them the same services he had in Neverwinter. Until Valoran called him home, he would protect this new world, these new people within.

But in order to do so effectively, he needed information. Taric looked over the signs around him, believing the market wouldn't provide him any good context due to the tension. Fjord had mentioned the Lady's Ward? "I, too, overheard talk of The Lady," Taric responded with a nod. "I am sure if we are to learn anything, it will be there."

@Minerva @Lucky @Takumi

"Oh wait you guys are heading somewhere?"
Scorpia sauntered up to the trio. "The Lady sounds kind neat. What is she the lady of, is that her title or is her name Lady?" She chuckled. "Talk about a mystery." She slapped Taric and Fjord on their shoulders. "Yeah, count me in!"

@Minerva @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi

@Minerva @Lucky @Takumi

"Oh wait you guys are heading somewhere?" Scorpia sauntered up to the trio. "The Lady sounds kind neat. What is she the lady of, is that her title or is her name Lady?" She chuckled. "Talk about a mystery." She slapped Taric and Fjord on their shoulders. "Yeah, count me in!"

@Minerva @Lucky @Yun Lee @Takumi

"It might be a title, since she has her own ward. She may just keep her name a secret." Arslan spoke up.

"Either way, we should be careful regardless while we try to make sense of our situation." He suggested on the way to the Lady's Ward.

@Minerva @Lucky @Yun Lee @Jeremi

Fjord

" All of the more reason to go and find out more about her, if we learn her name, we won't have to refer to her as the Lady,"
he replied, looking at the group. He was happy that he wasn't the only one who wanted to meet the lady. " I think that it is very important to meet the people in power."

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi

View attachment 4083
"We're forgetting that we're outsiders..." Stephen Strange muttered, breathing in the city's cool air. It was far cleaner than the kind he was familiar. Almost delectable. He breathed out another puff of air and stretched out his fingers, slipping into another old habit. "I'm all for leaping into the belly of the beast, but by Vishanti, prudence must be our watchword; I doubt this illusive fascist will be thrilled to find a troop of heavily armed strangers on her doorstep, regardless of our excuses..."

Fjord

" All of the more reason to go and find out more about her, if we learn her name, we won't have to refer to her as the Lady,"
he replied, looking at the group. He was happy that he wasn't the only one who wanted to meet the lady. " I think that it is very important to meet the people in power."

f15933547eb5f90531b72681d734e7eeba6f5199.jpg

"While that may be the case, that man seemed to be afraid of her being in the area. She may turn us away or she may be holed up in her own home." Arslan reasoned, thoughtful.

View attachment 4083
"We're forgetting that we're outsiders..." Stephen Strange muttered, breathing in the city's cool air. It was far cleaner than the kind he was familiar. Almost delectable. He breathed out another puff of air and stretched out his fingers, slipping into another old habit. "I'm all for leaping into the belly of the beast, but by Vishanti, prudence must be our watchword; I doubt this illusive fascist will be thrilled to find a troop of heavily armed strangers on her doorstep, regardless of our excuses..."

126953ce877457fb9c92e8e59c0bc4de205f00c3.jpg

"Perhaps there are people in her ward we'd have an easier time speaking to?" Arslan suggested, open to ideas from the others. If she had a whole ward then perhaps it was like the Market in a way?

@Minerva @Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Jeremi

Fjord

" Maybe it might be a good idea to talk to the people. We can probably learn a lot about the lady through the others. It's the best way to learn about others after all,"
he replied.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sark @Jeremi @Takumi
"Perhaps there are people in her ward we'd have an easier time speaking to?" Arslan suggested, open to ideas from the others. If she had a whole ward then perhaps it was like the Market in a way?

@Minerva @Lucky @Yun Lee @Sark @Jeremi
View attachment 4093
"Unless she surrounds herself with zealots, or, worse yet, citizens more terrified than those we find down here..." Steven closed his eyes and bowed his head, losing himself in this thoughts for a moment. A moments later, he was back in the land of the living. His eyes remained pensive and tired. "I'll stay here on the streets. If you wish to visit the Lady, I bid you good luck. I'm only a signal away."

Doctor Strange thus made his away into the heart of the market, keeping his senses open to any mention of the Lady.

@Minerva @Lucky @Yun Lee @Marketplace​

Fjord

" Wait- WHAT's the signal we need to use to get in contact with you?"
He asked, not understanding what the man was talking about. He would look over at the rest of them and offer a smile to Arslan, Taric and Scorpia. " Looks like it is just the four of us who will be visiting the Lady's Ward. I think we should stick together, it seemed that we always find trouble alone. I'm Fjord by the way, as I don't remember if I ever gave a proper introduction to all of you," he replied, running his hand through his light goatee.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva

Taric listened to what the others had to say, weighing the options. This newcomer, he had a good point. Perhaps a large group going after The Lady, especially considering all this tension, was a dangerous plan of action. Even worse, it could harm the civilians here, which was the last thing Taric wanted to do. So, he made a decision: he would go off to another area of the city.

Smiling warmly at Fjord, he nodded. "Yes, I remember you from our first day here. You as well, Scorpia. And Arslan and I relit the flame together. I've enjoyed working with you all, but I believe today I will leave you to visit The Lady's Ward so that we can get all the information from everywhere we are able." Nodding a farewell, Taric left for the Clerk's Ward.

@Minerva @Lucky @Jeremi @Takumi

Fjord

" Wait- WHAT's the signal we need to use to get in contact with you?"
He asked, not understanding what the man was talking about. He would look over at the rest of them and offer a smile to Arslan, Taric and Scorpia. " Looks like it is just the four of us who will be visiting the Lady's Ward. I think we should stick together, it seemed that we always find trouble alone. I'm Fjord by the way, as I don't remember if I ever gave a proper introduction to all of you," he replied, running his hand through his light goatee.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva

"Don't worry! I remember you!" Scorpia assured him. "You're the guy I threw at those rats!"

@Yun Lee @Lucky @Takumi @Minerva[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back