Non-Canon On a Cold Neverwinter Day IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

The guard looked as the two discussed and perked up at Fjord's statement. He offered a salute.

"You're here to relieve me of duty? Thank Bahamut." He said with a sigh. He pushed his way through the crowd, and ran down the street towards the large building.

One of the wizards would look over. "There's been a murder." He said, calling the group into the Gazebo, though due to space restrictions and the fact that the crowd was closing in, one would need to stand where the guard was.

"As you can tell, this is..." He paused and gestured t the crowd with the hand not holding the staff. "Not a common occurrence in this part of Sigil."​

c848c28fd81f8519be57d88e214fee487249d146.jpg

'He was a bit too quick to leave his post...' Arslan thought to himself with a shake of his head as he followed the rest into the gazebo while Scorpia took the young knight's place.

Realizing why the guard had stood where he did Scorpia took it upon herself to take over his spot, albeit with her back turned to the ever inclosing crowd. "Whoa that's...that's kind of heavy," Scorpia remarked solemnly. "Do you guys know what happened?"

@Raynar Saassin @Lucky @Minerva

9d169016f9955177a40d18d54fa351bfd80166bb.jpg

"And do you happen to know if anyone saw or heard anything?" He asked, wanting to try and help in some way.

@Minerva @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @Lady's Ward

The guard looked as the two discussed and perked up at Fjord's statement. He offered a salute.

"You're here to relieve me of duty? Thank Bahamut." He said with a sigh. He pushed his way through the crowd, and ran down the street towards the large building.

One of the wizards would look over. "There's been a murder." He said, calling the group into the Gazebo, though due to space restrictions and the fact that the crowd was closing in, one would need to stand where the guard was.

"As you can tell, this is..." He paused and gestured t the crowd with the hand not holding the staff. "Not a common occurrence in this part of Sigil."

"I see. Well something must be going on if an uncommon murder occurred in this heaven of a place."

Freya exclaimed as she pushed past Scorpia who took the guards spot, taking a look around the Lady's Ward.

"And do you happen to know if anyone saw or heard anything?" He asked, wanting to try and help in some way.

"They may have some enemies that wanted them dead and took action. I definitely know from experience that people would kill for someone who's downright gorgeous."

@Takumi @Minerva @Jeremi @Lucky @TheLady'sWard​

Fjord

" Of course I work for the guard. You must have forgotten about that.. I know as a guard that I should know this. But who died in this area and where did this murder happen? "
He asked.

@Raynar Saassin @Minerva @Takumi @Lady's Ward

View attachment 4512

"..."

Kazuma said nothing to Wendy, conveniently deciding that she just didn't know what she was talking about. Then he wondered if part of that was the reason why no one really liked him back home... or for that matter, real home. Then he perished such a thought. He had enough self-respect and dignity to hold himself higher than Aqua, Megumin, Darkness, and Merlin.

It wasn't a lot of dignity, but it was enough. More than Merlin, if nothing else, and that was the important part.

With that said, they were on their way toward the Hive. Kazuma grimaced slightly at the sight of the barker who so graciously welcomed them here, doing little to hide his disgust. Oh, this was a hive alright. A hive of scum and villainy.

Man, if there was something he didn't miss from his actual home as a shut-in NEET, it was being compelled to get into troglodytes on the Internet about Space Fighters.

When Shulk appeared before them, Kazuma looked toward him and Merlin in an unimpressed -- but at this point, not surprised -- demeanor, but it did prompt him to think about it; do they happen to have toilets in this world? Did this world happen to be specifically more advanced in technology than Axel Town to have toilets? Or were they gonna have to shit in the woods?

He almost felt bad that Merlin seemed to be taking the reigns of their trek; it was like if they let Darkness be the leader. He wouldn't stand for this sex barbarian steering the conversation.

"Yes, I'd like to see your finest items and wares! Quickly now, I say!" Kazuma said, essentially repeating what Merlin said, but louder, as though to undermine him. Unholy creatures like him thrived off attention. Just look at Aqua.

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @RyuKeiko @amwexia @Hida Tomonatsu @Kaykay @TheHive

"I see. Well something must be going on if an uncommon murder occurred in this heaven of a place."

Freya exclaimed as she pushed past Scorpia who took the guards spot, taking a look around the Lady's Ward.

"They may have some enemies that wanted them dead and took action. I definitely know from experience that people would kill for someone who's downright gorgeous."

@Takumi @Minerva @Jeremi @Lucky @TheLady'sWard​

"I suppose in the case of jealousy or something similar that could lead to this." Arslan responded as he looked to their new companion briefly. The young Prince wasn't quite sure what to make of her, really.

@Minerva @Lucky @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Lady's Ward

Fjord

" Of course I work for the guard. You must have forgotten about that.. I know as a guard that I should know this. But who died in this area and where did this murder happen? "
He asked.

@Raynar Saassin @Minerva @Takumi @Lady's Ward

Still with her back to the group as she tried to hold the people out. "Huh...I must've! Gosh, there are so many things I need to remember here about everyone. That's okay though! I'm usually pretty good at it!"

@Raynar Saassin @Minerva @Takumi @Lucky @Lady's Ward

Fjord

" It's an easy thing to forget. Sometimes I even don't remember,"
he replied. He couldn't tell if Scorpia was acting or was confused, but it worked better for his guard alibi either way. He would explain it to her after the murder was solved and not while they were in vicinity of people.

@Raynar Saassin @Minerva @Takumi @Jeremi @Lady's Ward

The Market

maxresdefault.jpg

Despite it being night, the market was still busy. You entered the Grand Bazaar, which was much larger than even the Night Market. It was also a much more legitimate place than the Night Market. Children played in the street, a woman sold apples. It seemed to be festive and loud, even at late hours in a slight drizzle while the city was paranoid.

The blonde wizard would step into a small antiquities shop labelled Tivvum’s Antiquities. Nearby, boisterous laughter could be heard from a tavern. Meanwhile, market stalls and stores all lined the street.​

Clarisse steps into the bustling markets, looking around to see who had what. Tivvum's Antiquities stood out the most, so Clarisse decides to step towards it.

"Oh, what's this?"

@Minerva

As Taric finally arrived at the Clerk's Ward, he found himself once again on his own. But that was quite all right with him; as much as he did enjoy meeting new people, he had grown accustomed to working on his own even back home. Though everyone seemed quite tired after what must be a long day of work...he wouldn't bother them, then. Best to let them rest. Instead, he made his way to this Festhall. How peculiar, all these people in masks. Surely, it couldn't be anything sinister. But after his encounter with those orcs, he refused to take any chances.

@Minerva

As Taric would approach, he would find couples laughing, walking, and wearing finely feathered masks. "Oh, I do hope they show 'The Mad King's Parable' tonight." A woman said behind a fan. "I do love that show.

Another woman responded. "Please dear. don't embarrass yourself with common tripe. They're playing 'Lovers and Gods.'"

The two women would continue walking and laughing. The crowd got bigger as several bureaucrats made their way out and joined the group.

Sneaking around back, Taric would find several workmen.

"And if we can't find 'im, we can't start the show!" One shouted to the other. "If that don't happen, well that'll be another riot on our hands." He grumbled.

@Clerk's Ward

Realizing why the guard had stood where he did Scorpia took it upon herself to take over his spot, albeit with her back turned to the ever inclosing crowd. "Whoa that's...that's kind of heavy," Scorpia remarked solemnly. "Do you guys know what happened?"

c848c28fd81f8519be57d88e214fee487249d146.jpg

'He was a bit too quick to leave his post...' Arslan thought to himself with a shake of his head as he followed the rest into the gazebo while Scorpia took the young knight's place.

@Minerva @Lucky @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @Lady's Ward

@Takumi @Minerva @Jeremi @Lucky @TheLady'sWard

Fjord

He asked.

@Takumi @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @Lucky @Lady's Ward

The wizard shrugged. "The woman was was the one who found him, and the elf saw the victim alive last."

"You're free to investigate the body. Dunno what you'll find though. It's been pretty well picked clean. Nothing taken, though. This seemed like the killer had a non-robbery motive." The second wizard shrugged. Referring to Fjord, he gestured towards an area between two houses. "Dragged over from there, apparently." He shrugged. "I can't make heads or tails of it."

Clarisse steps into the bustling markets, looking around to see who had what. Tivvum's Antiquities stood out the most, so Clarisse decides to step towards it.

"Oh, what's this?"

@Minerva

The shop was small and quiet. In the back, the blonde mage was talking to an older Tiefling woman behind a counter. She looked at a sheet of paper, lifted her glasses and moved to the back of the store. Meanwhile, there were aisles of magical books, artifacts, and potions all neatly arranged. One or two other customers browsed the aisles, looking up and down.

@Market Ward

upload_2020-1-2_12-40-57.png

"..."

Kazuma said nothing to Wendy, conveniently deciding that she just didn't know what she was talking about. Then he wondered if part of that was the reason why no one really liked him back home... or for that matter, real home. Then he perished such a thought. He had enough self-respect and dignity to hold himself higher than Aqua, Megumin, Darkness, and Merlin.

It wasn't a lot of dignity, but it was enough. More than Merlin, if nothing else, and that was the important part.

With that said, they were on their way toward the Hive. Kazuma grimaced slightly at the sight of the barker who so graciously welcomed them here, doing little to hide his disgust. Oh, this was a hive alright. A hive of scum and villainy.

Man, if there was something he didn't miss from his actual home as a shut-in NEET, it was being compelled to get into troglodytes on the Internet about Space Fighters.

When Shulk appeared before them, Kazuma looked toward him and Merlin in an unimpressed -- but at this point, not surprised -- demeanor, but it did prompt him to think about it; do they happen to have toilets in this world? Did this world happen to be specifically more advanced in technology than Axel Town to have toilets? Or were they gonna have to shit in the woods?

He almost felt bad that Merlin seemed to be taking the reigns of their trek; it was like if they let Darkness be the leader. He wouldn't stand for this sex barbarian steering the conversation.

"Yes, I'd like to see your finest items and wares! Quickly now, I say!" Kazuma said, essentially repeating what Merlin said, but louder, as though to undermine him. Unholy creatures like him thrived off attention. Just look at Aqua.

@amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Hida Tomonatsu @Kaykay @RyuKeiko @The Hive

To the bathroom question, the shopkeeper would point behind him to a door where smoke, a bright light, and laughter was coming out of. A woman with a tail and horns smoked from a long pipe and smiled at the group.

This clearly was not the safest part of town.

The man at the stand would smile towards the buyers. "Perusin' huh? Well, I got any kinda... illegal magic ya could ever want. I got secrets on gods, demons. Whaddya want? Information? Magic?" He said with a toothless belly laugh.​

As Taric would approach, he would find couples laughing, walking, and wearing finely feathered masks. "Oh, I do hope they show 'The Mad King's Parable' tonight." A woman said behind a fan. "I do love that show.

Another woman responded. "Please dear. don't embarrass yourself with common tripe. They're playing 'Lovers and Gods.'"

The two women would continue walking and laughing. The crowd got bigger as several bureaucrats made their way out and joined the group.

Sneaking around back, Taric would find several workmen.

"And if we can't find 'im, we can't start the show!" One shouted to the other. "If that don't happen, well that'll be another riot on our hands." He grumbled.

@Clerk's Ward

The wizard shrugged. "The woman was was the one who found him, and the elf saw the victim alive last."

"You're free to investigate the body. Dunno what you'll find though. It's been pretty well picked clean. Nothing taken, though. This seemed like the killer had a non-robbery motive." The second wizard shrugged. Referring to Fjord, he gestured towards an area between two houses. "Dragged over from there, apparently." He shrugged. "I can't make heads or tails of it."

The shop was small and quiet. In the back, the blonde mage was talking to an older Tiefling woman behind a counter. She looked at a sheet of paper, lifted her glasses and moved to the back of the store. Meanwhile, there were aisles of magical books, artifacts, and potions all neatly arranged. One or two other customers browsed the aisles, looking up and down.

@Market Ward

@amwexia @Gummi Bunnies @Ver @Hida Tomonatsu @Kaykay @RyuKeiko @The Hive

To the bathroom question, the shopkeeper would point behind him to a door where smoke, a bright light, and laughter was coming out of. A woman with a tail and horns smoked from a long pipe and smiled at the group.

This clearly was not the safest part of town.

The man at the stand would smile towards the buyers. "Perusin' huh? Well, I got any kinda... illegal magic ya could ever want. I got secrets on gods, demons. Whaddya want? Information? Magic?" He said with a toothless belly laugh.​

Scorpia gave the body a critical look over. “Yep,” She replied with a heavy nod. “They look pretty dead alright.” She then turned her attention towards the elf. “What’s the story? Did you know this person? Or *gasp* did you do it?? Also sorry for your loss.” She placed a heavy claw on the elf’s shoulder before going into a hug. “Let it all out just tell me everything you remember.”

Another missing person? Two in one day... Taric's choice was clearly made for him. "Pardon me," he said, stepping out to the workmen. "I couldn't help but overhear your plight. Is something wrong? Who is it it you're looking for?"

@Minerva

Fjord

" I think that we might want to check out where the person was dragged from. There might be some more clues there..... though,"
he replied, looking over to see if there was anything he could make out from his vantage point.

@Minerva @Takumi @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Lady's Ward

Fjord

" I think that we might want to check out where the person was dragged from. There might be some more clues there..... though,"
he replied, looking over to see if there was anything he could make out from his vantage point.

@Minerva @Takumi @Jeremi @Raynar Saassin @Lady's Ward
From a distance, he could see what looked like claw marks. However, he would need to actually get closer to the crime scene to examine the evidence.

Scorpia gave the body a critical look over. “Yep,” She replied with a heavy nod. “They look pretty dead alright.” She then turned her attention towards the elf. “What’s the story? Did you know this person? Or *gasp* did you do it?? Also sorry for your loss.” She placed a heavy claw on the elf’s shoulder before going into a hug. “Let it all out just tell me everything you remember.”

The elf pushed her away. "I may have magic but not even I know what happened." He said in a slightly annoyed tone of voice. "All i know is that I saw a claw strike him down, and when I called out, something with black scales running deeper into the alley." He bit the inside of his lip. "This doesn't happen in this side of town. That kind of shit is usually relegated to the Slags."

@Takumi @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @Lucky @Lady Ward

Another missing person? Two in one day... Taric's choice was clearly made for him. "Pardon me," he said, stepping out to the workmen. "I couldn't help but overhear your plight. Is something wrong? Who is it it you're looking for?"

@Minerva

One of the workmen looked over. "Hmm? Yeah, lead actor of tonight's show went missin'. Pretty weird all things considered." He shrugged and casually stretched. "No skin off my back. Probably got drunk and passed out after a night out with a lady again."

The others laughed, and a second looked Taric up and down. "Say, how well do you think you could sing?" He asked, leaning on a bunch of plank wood. "Put ya in some armor, doubt the audience would know the difference.

...sing? Surely they didn't expect him to be an actor in this show! He wasn't even from this place! But if it would prevent a riot... "Well, I have sung a few times in taverns...though I fear my talents lie elsewhere. Is the show all that difficult to learn in such a short time?"

@Minerva

From a distance, he could see what looked like claw marks. However, he would need to actually get closer to the crime scene to examine the evidence.

The elf pushed her away. "I may have magic but not even I know what happened." He said in a slightly annoyed tone of voice. "All i know is that I saw a claw strike him down, and when I called out, something with black scales running deeper into the alley." He bit the inside of his lip. "This doesn't happen in this side of town. That kind of shit is usually relegated to the Slags."

One of the workmen looked over. "Hmm? Yeah, lead actor of tonight's show went missin'. Pretty weird all things considered." He shrugged and casually stretched. "No skin off my back. Probably got drunk and passed out after a night out with a lady again."

The others laughed, and a second looked Taric up and down. "Say, how well do you think you could sing?" He asked, leaning on a bunch of plank wood. "Put ya in some armor, doubt the audience would know the difference.

"I see, I see..." But did she really? "So we're hunting after something big and scaly that has claws...that doesn't really narrow it down huh? A lot of things are scary and scaley."

@Minerva @Takumi @Raynar Saassin @Jeremi @Lucky @Lady Ward

Fjord

" Well, if it's big and scaley and has claws that can kill someone, it sounds like a dragon to me. Dragons are big and scaley and got claws to kill people."

@Minerva @Takumi @Jeremi @Lady Ward

"Did he say anything to you before he was cut down? Or just anything at all beforehand?" Arslan asked as Scorpia and Fjord started talking about the culprit being a dragon. He wasn't so sure, but that could be worried about later.

He wanted to look at the place the person died before he was dragged to his current place, but that would come after they got their answers.

@Minerva @Lucky @Jeremi @Lady's Ward

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back