Non-Canon On a Cold Neverwinter Day IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scorpia had appreciated the meal, it had been awhile she had eaten something this good! The Fright Zone rations weren't something you ate to feel good, it was just something to fill you up. As she was making her way to bed Scorpia realized that new folks had dropped in, most of them looking kind of out there. So that probably meant she, that muscle guy and the other one weren't the only ones.

Huh.

Well nothing she could do about that right now so she went to bed. The problem was still going to be there in the morning after all. As the next day arrived Scorpia and the rest were summoned to the marked. She let out a loud yawn as she waited for this Knox person to speak. And there, well...

9RswJ7E.png

"I guess I could help out..."
Not like she had anything else to do. Maybe if she helped they'd figure out a way to get her back home! But what should she pick... "I'll uh...oh three choices is too much! What if one is more exciting than the other! But I'll guess I'll go with...the Hall of Justice sounds pretty cool so sign me up for that!"

@Minerva @Anyone @Hall of Justice

Lucina, once again under her 'Marth' persona, had thought long and hard about General Knox's choices.

Valindra sounded like a real terror, but Knox knew a lot more about this world and she would gain more knowledge from joining his team. The Quartermaster was another choice, but Lucina needed to know more about this world and how she came to be here. While it was rather sad that the Quartermaster was missing, Lucina would have to forego his plight for now and join General Knox.

"I will join your team, General. I have some questions that need answers."

@Minerva @Anyone @Plauge Tower

Last edited:
And so passed a night of merriment, though even with his new companions, Taric couldn't truly be happy. Indulging himself while Valoran was worlds away...it felt wrong. And he knew full well why it felt so to him...

Still, once he was able to put his thought at ease enough for rest, he slept rather soundly that night, readying for the tasks whivh awaited him in the morning. He had noticed what appeared to be a Yordle here, but hadn't gotten a good enough look to be sure. Either way, the desire to go home and learn the truth overwhelmed him, but...

"If there is danger, I will shield Neverwinter from it," Taric declared. Indeed, he was a protector, above all else. The people of this city had shown him kindness, and were imperiled. How could he turn a blind eye to their plight? So, Taric readied for the fight at Dragon's Bridge. No lives would be lost to this Valindra...not if he could help it.

@Minerva

Richter cherished the luxury of spending the night in the warmth and solitude of an inn, as opposed to camping out within the crypts of some old castle or trudging through undead-infested courtyards with a whip and cross clutched in his hands. As the morning sun vanquished the horrors of the night, Richter Belmont had already joined the others in the marketplace at the heed of Knox, gearing himself for the fight that lies ahead.

"Plague Tower... not exactly a subtle name, is it?" Richter mused with a cheeky grin as he stepped forward from his fellow companions, fastening a brown leather gauntlet around his main wrist. "It is no doubt crawling with evil if that lich is involved. I'll join you, Knox.

"As much as I'd like to take on this monster personally, I'm certain she has something in that tower. Those going to this Dragon Bridge should do well to keep Valindra distracted before she diverts any of her minions to the other teams."

With the final strap on his gauntlet tightened, the vampire hunter nodded to Knox and those joining his team. He was visibly armed to the teeth with an arsenal of various weapons and doo-dads, sheathed and stored around his striking blue garb. Knives, axes, cross-shaped chakrams, and what appeared to be small bottles of crystal-clear water with small crosses floating within them were all visible on his person.

Richter prayed (perhaps literally) that God's light was still capable of smiting the real evils of the night, even in such a strange and distant reality as this. There was only one way to find out.

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva

Indeed, it was rather nice to sleep in an inn. Much better than sleeping in a barn, especially with a roommate like Aqua. Of course, there was the mansion, but he'd come under threat of being evicted from it so often, he could never know for how long he could have it. After all, he could barely pay the rent with such shitty low-level quests like the ones that ever presented themselves to him!

When the day had passed and come again and everyone had regrouped within the marketplace (a bit noisier than Kazuma personally would have liked for such a big meeting with some of the supposed officials of the kingdom) where they discussed their next move. Hmm, a pressing battle elsewhere, a search and recover quest, or the tower? Well, of course he'd take the one most reminiscent of a dungeon! What was a good RPG without a good dungeon?! That's right, none! Any otherwise answer was just a delusion!

Then again, he did have to consider the needs of others. Well, not Aqua's. But the last time he went in one, he did have to leave Megumin behind for fear that she'd just bring the whole place down, though... a tower is pretty different from a literal dungeon, considering he was using the term... metaphorically, was the word? What was he gonna do? Just plop her at the bridge, let her cast an Explosion, and then run off somewhere else? Actually, now that he thought about it, if the lich herself is there, Aqua might actually not be completely useless in this regard too.

Gaaaah, so many choices! Whatever! This one seems more pressing anyway.

So then, after a lot of intellectual discussion with himself, Kazuma cleared his throat, making the rational and logical decision. And not because he cared about Megumin's explosion needs.

"So then," Kazuma said, turning toward both Aqua and Megumin, "We should probably head over to the Bridge then! If this Valindra lich is really here, then we could just cast Turn Undead on her, and then an Explosion for good measure for anyone else! What do you two say? I just hope we don't happen to bump into Darkness there... I'm starting to think she's just back home."

@Kaykay @Minerva @Yun Lee @Bridge

Liset would smile. “Very well! Let us eat, then!” She said, leaving the room. She would be gone a few minutes before coming in with plates of food. It was a veritable feast, with meat and vegetables and fruit! She then brought in alcohol for everyone, all on the house.

When it was done, she smiled, said “Thank you” and sent everyone off to find Sergeant Knox for more information.

Chapter One: Of Fire and Flame

"The hardest part about fighting a necromancer is that the more of your troops that you lose, the more soldiers they gain, and some of those soldiers have the faces of those you once knew as friends."
- Captain Robin Carter, A Guardsman's Lament

Knox would clear up the scene with the help of the guards and the Mintarns. He paid for everyone to stay the night at an inn and for all their food. It was a quiet night, with people watching and whispering about the strangers from the shadows. They were oddities for sure, with their strange ways and clothes.

The next morning, Knox would call everyone together into the market. There was no evidence of the chaos from the previous .day. He began to speak. “Now, we have some work we need to do today. Quartermaster Otus has gone missing in the vaults below the Hall of Justice. He was supposed to fetch the Crown of Neverwinter, but we think something happened to him. Someone needs to investigate it. Some suspicious activity has been located in the Plague Tower. I think it may have something to do with your situation. I will personally lead a team to investigate. Who volunteers?”

Suddenly, a guard dressed in Mintarn armor would run in, an arrow in his shoulder. "Sir, Valindra's at Dragon Bridge. Sabine's calling for more aid. They can’t hold the wall much longer.” He winced in pain.

"What? It's only been a... Alright, those of you who wish to aid Sabine, go to Dragon Bridge. Those who wish to get the crown, head to the Hall of Justice, tell the guards that I sent you. Those who wish to figure out exactly what’s going on, follow me.” Sergeant Knox said, picking up his axe.

Where would you go?

@Alex Azure as Alucard (Castlevania)

Yours Truly as Aqua (Konosuba)

@Takumi as Arslan (Arslan Senki/Heroic Legend of Arslan)

@Crow as Clarisse (Granblue Fantasy)

@dark as Dante Aligheri (Dante's Inferno)

@York as Elizia (Runescape)

@Lucky as Fjord (Critical Role)

@Hahli Nuva as Lucina (Fire Emblem)

@Ver as Kazuma Satou (Konosuba)

@Kaykay as Megumin (Konosuba)

@Gummi Bunnies as Merlin (Fate Series)

@Bark as Nino (Fire Emblem)

@Archmage Jeremiah as Poppy (League of Legends)

@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Richter Belmont (Castlevania)

@Ottonomous Ghost as Ryze (League of Legends)

@Yun Lee as Taric (League of Legends)

@Jeremi as Scorpia (She-Ra)​
And so passed a night of merriment, though even with his new companions, Taric couldn't truly be happy. Indulging himself while Valoran was worlds away...it felt wrong. And he knew full well why it felt so to him...

Still, once he was able to put his thought at ease enough for rest, he slept rather soundly that night, readying for the tasks whivh awaited him in the morning. He had noticed what appeared to be a Yordle here, but hadn't gotten a good enough look to be sure. Either way, the desire to go home and learn the truth overwhelmed him, but...

"If there is danger, I will shield Neverwinter from it," Taric declared. Indeed, he was a protector, above all else. The people of this city had shown him kindness, and were imperiled. How could he turn a blind eye to their plight? So, Taric readied for the fight at Dragon's Bridge. No lives would be lost to this Valindra...not if he could help it.

@Minerva

"Let's go fight that Primal Beast, everyone!" Clarisse exclaims, running towards Dragon's Bridge.

"I'll judge how strong Valindra is by how many explosions she can take!"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Ver @Kaykay

At the question, Poppy took a deep breath out, and every bit of her sunk; her body and spirit tired and sullen. "Nope..." she answered, "and every time I think I've found the hero, they end up trampled by crag beasts, gored by tuskvores, or incinerated by uppity mages," Poppy huffed, "then it's back on the road, just me and the hammer," Poppy puffed her chest back out, and shrugged - the light in her eyes and the pep in her step completely renewed in an instant.

"Unfortunate," the nomad said. "But if you've gone this far, then perhaps that says something about your own strength." He had a lingering suspicion that she might be the true wielder of the hammer, but that conclusion could only be drawn after seeing her in combat. Until then, he'd give it no more thought. As the conversation dried up, he figured it was time to get a move-on and find an exit from this world. He scolded himself for sparing time for conversation, but it could hardly be helped given the unusual circumstances.

"The hardest part about fighting a necromancer is that the more of your troops that you lose, the more soldiers they gain, and some of those soldiers have the faces of those you once knew as friends."

Knox would clear up the scene with the help of the guards and the Mintarns. He paid for everyone to stay the night at an inn and for all their food. It was a quiet night, with people watching and whispering about the strangers from the shadows. They were oddities for sure, with their strange ways and clothes.

The next morning, Knox would call everyone together into the market. There was no evidence of the chaos from the previous .day. He began to speak. “Now, we have some work we need to do today. Quartermaster Otus has gone missing in the vaults below the Hall of Justice. He was supposed to fetch the Crown of Neverwinter, but we think something happened to him. Someone needs to investigate it. Some suspicious activity has been located in the Plague Tower. I think it may have something to do with your situation. I will personally lead a team to investigate. Who volunteers?”

Suddenly, a guard dressed in Mintarn armor would run in, an arrow in his shoulder. "Sir, Valindra's at Dragon Bridge. Sabine's calling for more aid. They can’t hold the wall much longer.” He winced in pain.

"What? It's only been a... Alright, those of you who wish to aid Sabine, go to Dragon Bridge. Those who wish to get the crown, head to the Hall of Justice, tell the guards that I sent you. Those who wish to figure out exactly what’s going on, follow me.” Sergeant Knox said, picking up his axe.

Where would you go?
While normally Ryze wouldn't end the day so quickly, he figured going along with the city government and fellow displaced people would lead him to the quickest clue on how to leave this world. The guardsmen have eyes all over the city, after all.

As Knox gave the report, Ryze made his decision. He would have liked to lend a helping hand and defend Neverwinter directly, but there was a more important place that was relevant to his mission: Plague Tower.

He glanced toward the yordle, figuring that because she had the spirit of a Demacian, she would most likely go help out the city before pursuing the most relevant path out of here. "I have things to do on Runeterra, so I can't afford to waste anymore time here. If the forces at Plague Tower might be responsible for the displacement spell, then I'm on my way."

Just then, Ryze caught a glimpse of a dazzling figure. A man glowing with Targonian energies stood not too far from him. He never expected that an Aspect, of all things, could be taken from Runeterra. Just how powerful was the caster of the spell? No time, he thought to himself, suppressing his impulse to speak to Taric. The Aspect had decided to go to Dragon's Bridge, so they'd have to part ways for now.​

Liset would smile. “Very well! Let us eat, then!” She said, leaving the room. She would be gone a few minutes before coming in with plates of food. It was a veritable feast, with meat and vegetables and fruit! She then brought in alcohol for everyone, all on the house.

When it was done, she smiled, said “Thank you” and sent everyone off to find Sergeant Knox for more information.

Where would you go?

Staying in an inn and being treated rather well, Arslan enjoyed it while he could. He wasn't sure if he would see such luxuries for a while once he returned to the time and world he was from.

He had a bit of trouble sleeping that night, too many things on his mind and almost too many things to recount and process at once.

heroic-legend-of-arslan-season1-part1-screenshot4.jpg

As morning came, the Parsian Prince remained quiet and almost deep in thought. Once given their options, he weighed them all for a moment. Well...if Sabine really needed the aid, and it would keep needless bloodshed at bay, then he knew his choice.

"I'll head to the bridge as well." He spoke up.

@Minerva @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Kaykay

Last edited:
"Let's go fight that Primal Beast, everyone!" Clarisse exclaims, running towards Dragon's Bridge.

"I'll judge how strong Valindra is by how many explosions she can take!"

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Ver @Kaykay
Indeed, it was rather nice to sleep in an inn. Much better than sleeping in a barn, especially with a roommate like Aqua. Of course, there was the mansion, but he'd come under threat of being evicted from it so often, he could never know for how long he could have it. After all, he could barely pay the rent with such shitty low-level quests like the ones that ever presented themselves to him!

When the day had passed and come again and everyone had regrouped within the marketplace (a bit noisier than Kazuma personally would have liked for such a big meeting with some of the supposed officials of the kingdom) where they discussed their next move. Hmm, a pressing battle elsewhere, a search and recover quest, or the tower? Well, of course he'd take the one most reminiscent of a dungeon! What was a good RPG without a good dungeon?! That's right, none! Any otherwise answer was just a delusion!

Then again, he did have to consider the needs of others. Well, not Aqua's. But the last time he went in one, he did have to leave Megumin behind for fear that she'd just bring the whole place down, though... a tower is pretty different from a literal dungeon, considering he was using the term... metaphorically, was the word? What was he gonna do? Just plop her at the bridge, let her cast an Explosion, and then run off somewhere else? Actually, now that he thought about it, if the lich herself is there, Aqua might actually not be completely useless in this regard too.

Gaaaah, so many choices! Whatever! This one seems more pressing anyway.

So then, after a lot of intellectual discussion with himself, Kazuma cleared his throat, making the rational and logical decision. And not because he cared about Megumin's explosion needs.

"So then," Kazuma said, turning toward both Aqua and Megumin, "We should probably head over to the Bridge then! If this Valindra lich is really here, then we could just cast Turn Undead on her, and then an Explosion for good measure for anyone else! What do you two say? I just hope we don't happen to bump into Darkness there... I'm starting to think she's just back home."

@Kaykay @Minerva @Yun Lee @Bridge

@Minerva
Staying in an inn and being treated rather well, Arslan enjoyed it while he could. He wasn't sure if he would see such luxuries for a while once he returned to the time and world he was from.

He had a bit of trouble sleeping that night, too many things on hsis mind and almost too many things to recount and process at once.

heroic-legend-of-arslan-season1-part1-screenshot4.jpg

As morning came, the Parsian Prince remained quiet and almost deep in thought. Once given their options, he weighed them all for a moment. Well...if Sabine really needed the aid, and it would keep needless bloodshed at bay, then he knew his choice.

"I'll head to the bridge as well." He spoke up.

@Minerva @Ver @Yun Lee @Crow @Kaykay

The ride to the wall over the bridge was long and slow. People in the enclave stared as you went past with the Mintarns and guards. There were more whispers, children were held back by their parents. People would quietly turn away as if it was a funeral caravan rather than a military unit.

You arrived at the bridge. There was a building in front of the large. expansive wall that separated the city from the fields outside. General Sabine stood outside, motioning towards the new soldiers. She stepped forward. "Ah, you all are here. We're stretched thin, we cant suffer any more losses, and morale has gone down. It's a full-on siege here. This is even worse than yesterday, so I'm glad you came when you did." She said, putting her hand on her blade.

@Bridge

Ryze
@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @PlagueTowerTeam
@Archmage Jeremiah
@Yun Lee

proxy.php

"Unfortunate," the nomad said. "But if you've gone this far, then perhaps that says something about your own strength." He had a lingering suspicion that she might be the true wielder of the hammer, but that conclusion could only be drawn after seeing her in combat. Until then, he'd give it no more thought. As the conversation dried up, he figured it was time to get a move-on and find an exit from this world. He scolded himself for sparing time for conversation, but it could hardly be helped given the unusual circumstances.

While normally Ryze wouldn't end the day so quickly, he figured going along with the city government and fellow displaced people would lead him to the quickest clue on how to leave this world. The guardsmen have eyes all over the city, after all.

As Knox gave the report, Ryze made his decision. He would have liked to lend a helping hand and defend Neverwinter directly, but there was a more important place that was relevant to his mission: Plague Tower.

He glanced toward the yordle, figuring that because she had the spirit of a Demacian, she would most likely go help out the city before pursuing the most relevant path out of here. "I have things to do on Runeterra, so I can't afford to waste anymore time here. If the forces at Plague Tower might be responsible for the displacement spell, then I'm on my way."

Just then, Ryze caught a glimpse of a dazzling figure. A man glowing with Targonian energies stood not too far from him. He never expected that an Aspect, of all things, could be taken from Runeterra. Just how powerful was the caster of the spell? No time, he thought to himself, suppressing his impulse to speak to Taric. The Aspect had decided to go to Dragon's Bridge, so they'd have to part ways for now.
Richter cherished the luxury of spending the night in the warmth and solitude of an inn, as opposed to camping out within the crypts of some old castle or trudging through undead-infested courtyards with a whip and cross clutched in his hands. As the morning sun vanquished the horrors of the night, Richter Belmont had already joined the others in the marketplace at the heed of Knox, gearing himself for the fight that lies ahead.

"Plague Tower... not exactly a subtle name, is it?" Richter mused with a cheeky grin as he stepped forward from his fellow companions, fastening a brown leather gauntlet around his main wrist. "It is no doubt crawling with evil if that lich is involved. I'll join you, Knox.

"As much as I'd like to take on this monster personally, I'm certain she has something in that tower. Those going to this Dragon Bridge should do well to keep Valindra distracted before she diverts any of her minions to the other teams."

With the final strap on his gauntlet tightened, the vampire hunter nodded to Knox and those joining his team. He was visibly armed to the teeth with an arsenal of various weapons and doo-dads, sheathed and stored around his striking blue garb. Knives, axes, cross-shaped chakrams, and what appeared to be small bottles of crystal-clear water with small crosses floating within them were all visible on his person.

Richter prayed (perhaps literally) that God's light was still capable of smiting the real evils of the night, even in such a strange and distant reality as this. There was only one way to find out.

@Minerva @Hahli Nuva
Lucina, once again under her 'Marth' persona, had thought long and hard about General Knox's choices.

Valindra sounded like a real terror, but Knox knew a lot more about this world and she would gain more knowledge from joining his team. The Quartermaster was another choice, but Lucina needed to know more about this world and how she came to be here. While it was rather sad that the Quartermaster was missing, Lucina would have to forego his plight for now and join General Knox.

"I will join your team, General. I have some questions that need answers."

@Minerva @Anyone @Plauge Tower

"Sergeant, actually. " He said in response to Lucina. "Sabine's the general and commander of the Mintarns." He picked up the march and they went out a gate in the Enclave. There was a long walk through damaged parts of the city that were partially singed or glowed with magical energy. Soon, you would arrive at the Plague Tower.

Day8-Plague+Tower.jpg

It was clearly magical, with the blue glow and the bricks floating. Several guards had gathered at the gate leading up to it. Several civilians in front of the gate came out of their homes to ask what was happening before being sent back by one of the Neverwinter guards.

"Alright, we need to catch that Wizard Rhazzad and see what he knows. He's been illegally studying the Spellplague and believe he might have something to do with the recent... planar crisis." Knox said to the men. "Rhazzad is an incredibly skilled wizard who dabbled in forces he can't control." He looked at the gathered crowd. "Are you all ready?"

@Plague Tower

Scorpia had appreciated the meal, it had been awhile she had eaten something this good! The Fright Zone rations weren't something you ate to feel good, it was just something to fill you up. As she was making her way to bed Scorpia realized that new folks had dropped in, most of them looking kind of out there. So that probably meant she, that muscle guy and the other one weren't the only ones.

Huh.

Well nothing she could do about that right now so she went to bed. The problem was still going to be there in the morning after all. As the next day arrived Scorpia and the rest were summoned to the marked. She let out a loud yawn as she waited for this Knox person to speak. And there, well...

9RswJ7E.png

"I guess I could help out..."
Not like she had anything else to do. Maybe if she helped they'd figure out a way to get her back home! But what should she pick... "I'll uh...oh three choices is too much! What if one is more exciting than the other! But I'll guess I'll go with...the Hall of Justice sounds pretty cool so sign me up for that!"

@Minerva @Anyone @Hall of Justice

The Hall of Justice was one of the busiest places in Neverwinter. Nobles milled about, lounging on fountains. A priest stood in front of a statue, preaching about their god, children chased each other. You made your way into what looked like a throne room, where several guards stood. As you approached the large door, a guard stepped forward.

"Halt, what is your business here?"

@Hall of Justice

A wizard controlling forces he didn't understand?

Was this Rhazzad or Validar? Lucina watched as the tower grew larger during their approach. She then thought about coming to face the wizard with her friends, who she missed dearly. For now though, Lucina didn't feel any imminent danger from Richter or Ryze at the moment. Maybe she could shed her disguise a litle early then.

The princess of Ylisse narowed her eyes under the black mask she wore. She didn't like the look or feel of this place, but if it could stop whatever hell this Lich being had wrought, it would bring her all the more closer to returning home.

"You've dealt with this man before? How often has he tried this?"

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Plague Tower

The ride to the wall over the bridge was long and slow. People in the enclave stared as you went past with the Mintarns and guards. There were more whispers, children were held back by their parents. People would quietly turn away as if it was a funeral caravan rather than a military unit.

You arrived at the bridge. There was a building in front of the large. expansive wall that separated the city from the fields outside. General Sabine stood outside, motioning towards the new soldiers. She stepped forward. "Ah, you all are here. We're stretched thin, we cant suffer any more losses, and morale has gone down. It's a full-on siege here. This is even worse than yesterday, so I'm glad you came when you did." She said, putting her hand on her blade.

@Bridge​

9o7rPp4.png

"Your morale will always be high when I'm here~. Now, just show me where the Lich is and she'll be booming home to her mommy!" Clarisse confidently says.

As Clarisse's presence motivates friends and allies alike, they would get a 5% boost to debuff success rates as long as she stood strong.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Ver @Kaykay @Crow @Takumi

"Sergeant, actually. " He said in response to Lucina. "Sabine's the general and commander of the Mintarns." He picked up the march and they went out a gate in the Enclave. There was a long walk through damaged parts of the city that were partially singed or glowed with magical energy. Soon, you would arrive at the Plague Tower.

It was clearly magical, with the blue glow and the bricks floating. Several guards had gathered at the gate leading up to it. Several civilians in front of the gate came out of their homes to ask what was happening before being sent back by one of the Neverwinter guards.

"Alright, we need to catch that Wizard Rhazzad and see what he knows. He's been illegally studying the Spellplague and believe he might have something to do with the recent... planar crisis." Knox said to the men. "Rhazzad is an incredibly skilled wizard who dabbled in forces he can't control." He looked at the gathered crowd. "Are you all ready?"

@Plague Tower
The Rune Mage could feel the powerful energies surrounding the tower, and it filled him with a familiar sense of foreboding. It was not unlike the feeling of approaching someone coveting a World Rune. "As I thought... Why is it that no matter where I go, there's always some idiot playing with powers they don't understand? Humanity never learns," he exclaimed, visibly angry. "We'll see how skilled this Rhazzad really is."

The runic tattoos on his chest began to glow slightly as he prepared his body to be a vessel of magic. "Let's go. We don't have time to dawdle. Hopefully you all know how to fight against a mage," he continued, looking at Richter particularly. He wondered if the hunter had any anti-magic techniques.​

Last edited:
❝ Ah, I hope that this is not a staggering issue, my good sir. We were requested by Sergeant Knox to check upon the vaults below for Quartermaster Otus, for he has turned up missing. ❞ Merlin figured that he would go check around the Hall of Justice for this missing person. Anyone that was important being missing in action was certainly not something they all needed. So he might as well go and resolve that issue right away, plus it was supposedly a way to avoid any big chances to get involved in fights.

@Jeremi @Minerva
@HallOfJustice

@Bridge

Day8-Plague+Tower.jpg

@Plague Tower

The Hall of Justice was one of the busiest places in Neverwinter. Nobles milled about, lounging on fountains. A priest stood in front of a statue, preaching about their god, children chased each other. You made your way into what looked like a throne room, where several guards stood. As you approached the large door, a guard stepped forward.

@Hall of Justice

Scorpia was about to speak when she stopped for a moment. Why were they here again?

❝ Ah, I hope that this is not a staggering issue, my good sir. We were requested by Sergeant Knox to check upon the vaults below for Quartermaster Otus, for he has turned up missing. ❞ Merlin figured that he would go check around the Hall of Justice for this missing person. Anyone that was important being missing in action was certainly not something they all needed. So he might as well go and resolve that issue right away, plus it was supposedly a way to avoid any big chances to get involved in fights.

@Jeremi @Minerva
@HallOfJustice

Oh! That's right! As Merlin spoke Scorpia gave him a look over. If she hadn't known better she could have sworn he could've been part of the Rebellion. Good thing he wasn't, cause then Scorpia would have to fight him, and not be able to say this. "Oh wow, I really like your earrings!" She poked at one of them with her claw. "So pink and big..."

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @HallOfJustice

@Bridge

Day8-Plague+Tower.jpg

@Plague Tower

@Hall of Justice

"If it's to keep anymore unnecessary blood from being spilled, then you have my blade." Arslan said. He wasn't as confident as Clarisse, but he was determined to try and help to his best abilities.

@Minerva @Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Bridge

Wait. Had he heard right? As Taric boarded for the trip, he could've sworn he heard a man say Runeterra. He caught a glimpse of a violet-hued man headed for another location, and remembered a story he'd heard many years ago, of a powerful sorceror with the same coloring who had been wandering Runeterra in order to find and hide every rune before another war broke out. Could it be...? And with a Yordle here as well, maybe when there was a moment of rest, he could seek them out. But for now, there was a job to do.

The stench of war and death was strong in this place, and it made Taric cringe in disgust. His heart went out to the people of this city; rather than choose to go off into war, they were trying to protect what they held dear and were being slaughtered for it. That only served to reaffirm his desire to aid them in this seemingly unwinnable battle. Perhaps with him by their side, it would not be so unwinnable, after all?

"No more losses shall be had here," the Aspect declared. "Not if I can help it." He looked at those who had ridden here with him. "Are any of you willing to join me on the frontlines? One of our first priorities is to heal everyone, and my spells will work faster if I have someone by my side."

@Minerva @Ver @Kaykay @Takumi @Crow @Bridge​

A wizard controlling forces he didn't understand?

Was this Rhazzad or Validar? Lucina watched as the tower grew larger during their approach. She then thought about coming to face the wizard with her friends, who she missed dearly. For now though, Lucina didn't feel any imminent danger from Richter or Ryze at the moment. Maybe she could shed her disguise a litle early then.

The princess of Ylisse narowed her eyes under the black mask she wore. She didn't like the look or feel of this place, but if it could stop whatever hell this Lich being had wrought, it would bring her all the more closer to returning home.

"You've dealt with this man before? How often has he tried this?"

@Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Plague Tower
Ryze
@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Minerva @PlagueTowerTeam
proxy.php

The Rune Mage could feel the powerful energies surrounding the tower, and it filled him with a familiar sense of foreboding. It was not unlike the feeling of approaching someone coveting a World Rune. "As I thought. Why is it that no matter where I go, there's always some idiot playing with powers they don't understand? They never learn," he exclaimed, visibly angry. "We'll see how skilled this Rhazzad really is."

The runic tattoos on his chest began to glow slightly as he prepared his body to be a vessel of magic. "Let's go. We don't have time to dawdle. Hopefully you all know how to fight against a mage," he continued, looking at Richter particularly.

He’s been a thorn in our sides several times, mostly for illegal treatment of Spellplague victims. We never thought he’d take it this far.” Knox said. “Everyone stand back.” He hit the gate with his axe, causing it to unlock.

Once inside, several zombies that appeared to radiate the blue energy milled around the property. When they noticed the group, they began to charge.

We need to secure the area and keep them out of the civilian populace!” Knox shouted.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Hahli Nuva

9o7rPp4.png

"Your morale will always be high when I'm here~. Now, just show me where the Lich is and she'll be booming home to her mommy!" Clarisse confidently says.

As Clarisse's presence motivates friends and allies alike, they would get a 5% boost to debuff success rates as long as she stood strong.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Ver @Kaykay @Crow @Takumi
"If it's to keep anymore unnecessary blood from being spilled, then you have my blade." Arslan said. He wasn't as confident as Clarisse, but he was determined to try and help to his best abilities.

@Minerva @Ver @Crow @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Bridge
Wait. Had he heard right? As Taric boarded for the trip, he could've sworn he heard a man say Runeterra. He caught a glimpse of a violet-hued man headed for another location, and remembered a story he'd heard many years ago, of a powerful sorceror with the same coloring who had been wandering Runeterra in order to find and hide every rune before another war broke out. Could it be...? And with a Yordle here as well, maybe when there was a moment of rest, he could seek them out. But for now, there was a job to do.

The stench of war and death was strong in this place, and it made Taric cringe in disgust. His heart went out to the people of this city; rather than choose to go off into war, they were trying to protect what they held dear and were being slaughtered for it. That only served to reaffirm his desire to aid them in this seemingly unwinnable battle. Perhaps with him by their side, it would not be so unwinnable, after all?

"No more losses shall be had here," the Aspect declared. "Not if I can help it." He looked at those who had ridden here with him. "Are any of you willing to join me on the frontlines? One of our first priorities is to heal everyone, and my spells will work faster if I have someone by my side."

@Minerva @Ver @Kaykay @Takumi @Crow @Bridge

Sabine would nod and lead the group up a ladder. Once up on the wall, it was clear that a full on siege was in effect. Large skeleton armies stood at the base, attacking the wall or climbing up it. A young captain stood up on the tower. Sabine turned to him. "What's going on?" She asked, sword in hand.

The Captain would turn towards her. "Eastern Tower's bonfire has gone out, we think something may have happened, Western Tower is facing a siege machine, and we're about to face a breach here at the gate." He was speaking quickly. "You'll have to fight your way, whichever way you go, though. They've started pouring over the walls."

Sabine nodded. "I'll stay here, keep them from getting over."

@Ver @Kaykay @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Bridge

Scorpia was about to speak when she stopped for a moment. Why were they here again?

Oh! That's right! As Merlin spoke Scorpia gave him a look over. If she hadn't known better she could have sworn he could've been part of the Rebellion. Good thing he wasn't, cause then Scorpia would have to fight him, and not be able to say this. "Oh wow, I really like your earrings!" She poked at one of them with her claw. "So pink and big..."

@Jeremi @Minerva
@HallOfJustice

The guard would nod. "I... See. Be careful down there, then. We think something's going on, if Otus hasn't returned."

He stepped out of the way and opened the doors. Inside, it was an opulent red and gold staircase, leading down to a small area with a weapon rack and a satchel tied to it. A holy rune was etched in the floor.

@Jeremi @York @Gummi Bunnies @HallofJustice​

He’s been a thorn in our sides several times, mostly for illegal treatment of Spellplague victims. We never thought he’d take it this far.” Knox said. “Everyone stand back.” He hit the gate with his axe, causing it to unlock.

Once inside, several zombies that appeared to radiate the blue energy milled around the property. When they noticed the group, they began to charge.

We need to secure the area and keep them out of the civilian populace!” Knox shouted.

Sabine would nod and lead the group up a ladder. Once up on the wall, it was clear that a full on siege was in effect. Large skeleton armies stood at the base, attacking the wall or climbing up it. A young captain stood up on the tower. Sabine turned to him. "What's going on?" She asked, sword in hand.

The Captain would turn towards her. "Eastern Tower's bonfire has gone out, we think something may have happened, Western Tower is facing a siege machine, and we're about to face a breach here at the gate." He was speaking quickly. "You'll have to fight your way, whichever way you go, though. They've started pouring over the walls."

The guard would nod. "I... See. Be careful down there, then. We think something's going on, if Otus hasn't returned."

He stepped out of the way and opened the doors. Inside, it was an opulent red and gold staircase, leading down to a small area with a weapon rack and a satchel tied to it. A holy rune was etched in the floor.

Scorpia gave the soldier a friendly smiled as she strolled in. "Neat!" She exclaimed once she had reached the bottom and took a look around. Noticing the rune Scorpia pointed it out. "That looks kind of important don't you think?" Scorpia couldn't really say that they were looking for but everything looked cool in here.

@Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @HallofJustice

@Ver @Kaykay @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Bridge​

"I'll take the gate!" Clarisse declares, her hands lit with embers as she takes a big leap, jumping down into the skeleton armada that attacked the gates.

"Take this!"

The embers were tossed into two areas of the armada, creating two huge explosions that overlapped, the impact scattering their bones, and if they bothered to regenerate, the flames making them more brittle. This very same explosion served to reduce Clarisse's speed as she descended, making her landing a smooth one.

"Kaboom! Ahahaha, this is terrific! Who's next?"

@Minerva @Ver @Kaykay @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Bridge​

❝ Such fortunate timing, another has arrived to lend their hand in our efforts against this lich! ❞ Merlin didn't waste time to notice that another person happened to stumble into their bustling party and expressed the same goal to fight against Valindra. From the looks of it, this new face was an adventurer of sorts, and had the same confused feeling much like everyone else. While not entirely the same, this Elizia gave a similar presence that reminded him of that lone king of knights. He couldn't help but smile at that thought, on how he couldn't go on without thinking about such a thing.

❝ On the off chance, dearest adventurer Elizia of Ashdale, do note that this humble mage will lend a helping hand whenever possible. Sometimes without you knowing~ ❞ The mage of flowers flashes a quick wink over at Elizia.

@Kaykay @Ver @Minerva @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ottonomous Ghost @Crow @Hahli Nuva @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @dark @York
@Crowd

@Jeremi @Minerva
@HallOfJustice

Scorpia gave the soldier a friendly smiled as she strolled in. "Neat!" She exclaimed once she had reached the bottom and took a look around. Noticing the rune Scorpia pointed it out. "That looks kind of important don't you think?" Scorpia couldn't really say that they were looking for but everything looked cool in here.

@Minerva @York @Gummi Bunnies @HallofJustice
Elizia
@Jeremi @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies
@HallOfJustice

The strange, white haired magus near her seemed to take an interest in her... And in turn, Elizia was a little intrigued by his little comment. Though normally she never accepted help from others, preferring to do things herself, the way he had worded his apparent will to help, coupled with the situation she found herself in caused her to rethink this mentality, if only for a brief moment.

Perhaps this 'humble mage' had secrets that she could do with knowing, or maybe... She could learn a thing or two from him about magic; it was an ever expanding field for her, and in fact most of Gielinor. Something that most across Gielinor used runes as a crutch for ever since the rediscovery of magic.

If this mage could help her without her knowing, perhaps he had a different way of casting spells.

In either case, her innermost thoughts aside, she decided to take this eccentric Magus' words as a challenge.

"Hah! Let's see if you can keep up with the likes of me~!" She said smiling gleefully.

Despite being in a world unfamiliar to the likes of her, she felt very much at home. It seemed her tendency to revel in the thrills of the moment, and make good out of what she had to work with was still ever present with her.

After the night at the Inn (and a little stuborn-ness on Elizia's part, as she really wanted to pay for her stay with the gold coins she had), she was roused to news that everyone was gathering at the market.

Quickly grabbing her gear she had left by her bedside, she rushed out, gathering alongside others as they were given a briefing of the situation. Well, three situations they could choose to tend to.

All of them had their merits, but in the end... As she had recently done a few rounds of dungeoneering, exploring the depths of Daemonheim, alongside a bit of thieving to boot, she decided to head to the Hall of Justice.

"A Crown in a tower, eh? And a missing Quartermaster to top it all of? Sounds like an adventure! Count me in!" She said.

And with that, the decision was made.

Elizia would accompany the other two as she entered the doors to the vaults, only nodding at the guard's warning.

"I'll see to it that we find this 'Otus'." She said, a more determined look crossing her face now.

While in most of her quests she had undertaken, those who had not returned from places like this usually turned out fine... She couldn't help but fear for their lives each and every time. This was no different.

Though for the moment, it seemed they were up against some kind of puzzle.

Eyeing the rune on the ground, she frowned as she looked between that, the satchel, and the weapon rack thoughtfully. Was this a puzzle that would test her skills with magic, prayer, or runecrafting? Maybe smithing? Hard to say...

She decided to look around the room to see if she could find some clues.

If not, she had to wing it. For the moment, she forgot that she had at least two others down here with her, which meant that things might go a little faster. Perhaps Elizia was still far too used to working alone.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back