Non-Canon On a Cold Neverwinter Day IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liset would smile. “Very well! Let us eat, then!” She said, leaving the room. She would be gone a few minutes before coming in with plates of food. It was a veritable feast, with meat and vegetables and fruit! She then brought in alcohol for everyone, all on the house.

When it was done, she smiled, said “Thank you” and sent everyone off to find Sergeant Knox for more information.

Chapter One: Of Fire and Flame

"The hardest part about fighting a necromancer is that the more of your troops that you lose, the more soldiers they gain, and some of those soldiers have the faces of those you once knew as friends."
- Captain Robin Carter, A Guardsman's Lament

Knox would clear up the scene with the help of the guards and the Mintarns. He paid for everyone to stay the night at an inn and for all their food. It was a quiet night, with people watching and whispering about the strangers from the shadows. They were oddities for sure, with their strange ways and clothes.

The next morning, Knox would call everyone together into the market. There was no evidence of the chaos from the previous .day. He began to speak. “Now, we have some work we need to do today. Quartermaster Otus has gone missing in the vaults below the Hall of Justice. He was supposed to fetch the Crown of Neverwinter, but we think something happened to him. Someone needs to investigate it. Some suspicious activity has been located in the Plague Tower. I think it may have something to do with your situation. I will personally lead a team to investigate. Who volunteers?”

Suddenly, a guard dressed in Mintarn armor would run in, an arrow in his shoulder. "Sir, Valindra's at Dragon Bridge. Sabine's calling for more aid. They can’t hold the wall much longer.” He winced in pain.

"What? It's only been a... Alright, those of you who wish to aid Sabine, go to Dragon Bridge. Those who wish to get the crown, head to the Hall of Justice, tell the guards that I sent you. Those who wish to figure out exactly what’s going on, follow me.” Sergeant Knox said, picking up his axe.

Where would you go?

@Alex Azure as Alucard (Castlevania)

Yours Truly as Aqua (Konosuba)

@Takumi as Arslan (Arslan Senki/Heroic Legend of Arslan)

@Crow as Clarisse (Granblue Fantasy)

@dark as Dante Aligheri (Dante's Inferno)

@York as Elizia (Runescape)

@Lucky as Fjord (Critical Role)

@Hahli Nuva as Lucina (Fire Emblem)

@Ver as Kazuma Satou (Konosuba)

@Kaykay as Megumin (Konosuba)

@Gummi Bunnies as Merlin (Fate Series)

@Bark as Nino (Fire Emblem)

@Archmage Jeremiah as Poppy (League of Legends)

@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Richter Belmont (Castlevania)

@Ottonomous Ghost as Ryze (League of Legends)

@Yun Lee as Taric (League of Legends)

@Jeremi as Scorpia (She-Ra)​

Poppy blinked and tilted her head. "...Suspicious activity in the Plague Tower?" the yordle tittered, "Next you'll tell me water is wet," she quipped, following Sergeant Knox's lead. Arriving at the location, Poppy did a double-take at the residence as their march came to a halt. "Hold on, this is the Plague Tower? Inside the city?" Poppy rhetorically asked, peering through the gates at the shambling undead present not a stone's throw away from the rest of Neverwinter. Lifting her weapon off her shoulder, she gripped her greathammer by the neck in one hand, and her buckler ready in the other.

Ryze
@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Minerva @PlagueTowerTeam
proxy.php

The Rune Mage could feel the powerful energies surrounding the tower, and it filled him with a familiar sense of foreboding. It was not unlike the feeling of approaching someone coveting a World Rune. "As I thought... Why is it that no matter where I go, there's always some idiot playing with powers they don't understand? Humanity never learns," he exclaimed, visibly angry. "We'll see how skilled this Rhazzad really is."

The runic tattoos on his chest began to glow slightly as he prepared his body to be a vessel of magic. "Let's go. We don't have time to dawdle. Hopefully you all know how to fight against a mage," he continued, looking at Richter particularly. He wondered if the hunter had any anti-magic techniques.​

"I'm Demacian, remember?" Poppy commented, all of a sudden exuding an air of confidence as battle drew near, "Rogue mages are our area of expertise!" she exclaimed, digging her heels into the dirt as Knox gave the ready call. "Been awhile since I've faced a necromancer though..." Poppy added, her voice hinting at her excitement, and her stout form absolutely tingling with it. As Knox tore the gate down and the undead charged, Poppy eagerly sprang into action, whipping her buckler at the nearest target.

@Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

"If I get to cast Explosion magic then there's no time to lose! Let's go, Kazuma!"

Agreeing with Kazuma's suggestion thanks to the tempting notion of getting to use her Explosion magic today, Megumin decided to head towards the bridge. This place might not have been Axel, but a quest was a quest, even if it might not have really been officially called one, so it was time to go complete it.

"Sorry, but as you can see I'm an archwizard, so..." she replied to Taric before listening to what the Captain had to say. So many places to go, but which one would be best? If she had to choose...she'd just leave it to Kazuma.

"Kazuma, Kazuma, where do you think we should go? My dear explosive friend seems to have run off to the gate, though."

@Minerva @Ver @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Bridge​

"Kazuma, Kazuma!"

"I'm Kazuma."

"Where do you think we should go? My dear explosive friend seems to have run off to the gate, though."

Kazuma took a moment to consider his choices seriously, seeing that the situation seemed to be more dire than what he was used to. Things were seriously heating up! He couldn't help but be just a little excited by it all!

"Well, from the sound of it, the troops are spread out pretty thin! That crazy woman seems to be able to use Explosion at her leisure whenever she wants, but at the same time, they don't seem to be as strong as yours. I guess it's like a trade-off, so logically, we should cover one of the other bases," Kazuma said, speaking only partially truthfully. While it was true that he did believe it would be better to split up if there were other places they needed to focus their attention, Kazuma just didn't want to spend any more time surrounded by two explosion freaks when one was enough.

Suddenly, in an intrepid manner, Kazuma grabbed Megumin by her wrist and began sauntering over to the Western Tower. "The captain said something about a siege machine, right? We should blow it to pieces before they can break into the stronghold! C'mon!"

@Kaykay @Minerva

@Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Bridge

"If I get to cast Explosion magic then there's no time to lose! Let's go, Kazuma!"

Agreeing with Kazuma's suggestion thanks to the tempting notion of getting to use her Explosion magic today, Megumin decided to head towards the bridge. This place might not have been Axel, but a quest was a quest, even if it might not have really been officially called one, so it was time to go complete it.

"Sorry, but as you can see I'm an archwizard, so..." she replied to Taric before listening to what the Captain had to say. So many places to go, but which one would be best? If she had to choose...she'd just leave it to Kazuma.

"Kazuma, Kazuma, where do you think we should go? My dear explosive friend seems to have run off to the gate, though."

@Minerva @Ver @Takumi @Yun Lee @Crow @Bridge
"Kazuma, Kazuma!"

"I'm Kazuma."

"Where do you think we should go? My dear explosive friend seems to have run off to the gate, though."

Kazuma took a moment to consider his choices seriously, seeing that the situation seemed to be more dire than what he was used to. Things were seriously heating up! He couldn't help but be just a little excited by it all!

"Well, from the sound of it, the troops are spread out pretty thin! That crazy woman seems to be able to use Explosion at her leisure whenever she wants, but at the same time, they don't seem to be as strong as yours. I guess it's like a trade-off, so logically, we should cover one of the other bases," Kazuma said, speaking only partially truthfully. While it was true that he did believe it would be better to split up if there were other places they needed to focus their attention, Kazuma just didn't want to spend any more time surrounded by two explosion freaks when one was enough.

Suddenly, in an intrepid manner, Kazuma grabbed Megumin by her wrist and began sauntering over to the Western Tower. "The captain said something about a siege machine, right? We should blow it to pieces before they can break into the stronghold! C'mon!"

@Kaykay @Minerva

@Crow @Yun Lee @Takumi @Bridge

On the Western Approach, they would see a group of spearmen, and above them all was a tall blonde paladin in armor. She had an air of nobility and confidence, and was taking command of the soldiers.

latest

As she ordered the line to form a shield wall, a large figure would climb up the wall. It was a Bone golem made out of the pieces of smashed skeletons. It let out an ear piercing scream. The soldiers scattered, knocked back and scattered.

bone_golem_by_willobrien_dcopen7-pre.jpg

"Götz von Berlichingen with the power of the star of dawn let loose the arrows that defeat evil!”she shouted, causing a large burst of energy to form. The energy then tore through the skeleton, tearing it apart.

The woman would turn towards the newly arrived heroes. “Get ready. We’re about to face a large group.” she gestured towards a Siege Tower slowly being pushed towards the wall.

@Jeremi @York @Gummi Bunnies @HallofJustice

Inside the satchel were four healing potions and a Harper Pin. Continuing forward and down a large set of stairs, there was a large room. A statue stood in the center of it, and chests of treasure and paintings hung on the walls of the cavernous room. Otus was nowhere to be found, however, there were two Sons of Alagondar sitting around eating.

“Where did that witch go?” One said, taking a bite out of his food.

“She’s with the captain further in looking for the crown.” The other said,

You could Try and sneak past them or directly confront them

@Crow @gate

Several skeletons and zombies would jump on the wall and be repelled off by the soldiers. However, the sound of rattling bones would be heard. Two more bone golems showed themselves climbing up. They wore armor made of scrap metal, and it was mismatched. One swept away a small group of soldiers who prepared to attack, knocking them to the ground. The other One raised their axe towards Clarisse!​

On the Western Approach, they would see a group of spearmen, and above them all was a tall blonde paladin in armor. She had an air of nobility and confidence, and was taking command of the soldiers.

latest

As she ordered the line to form a shield wall, a large figure would climb up the wall. It was a Bone golem made out of the pieces of smashed skeletons. It let out an ear piercing scream. The soldiers scattered, knocked back and scattered.

"Götz von Berlichingen with the power of the star of dawn let loose the arrows that defeat evil!”she shouted, causing a large burst of energy to form. The energy then tore through the skeleton, tearing it apart.

The woman would turn towards the newly arrived heroes. “Get ready. We’re about to face a large group.” she gestured towards a Siege Tower slowly being pushed towards the wall.

Inside the satchel were four healing potions and a Harper Pin. Continuing forward and down a large set of stairs, there was a large room. A statue stood in the center of it, and chests of treasure and paintings hung on the walls of the cavernous room. Otus was nowhere to be found, however, there were two Sons of Alagondar sitting around eating.

@Crow @gate

Several skeletons and zombies would jump on the wall and be repelled off by the soldiers. However, the sound of rattling bones would be heard. Two more bone golems showed themselves climbing up. They wore armor made of scrap metal, and it was mismatched. One swept away a small group of soldiers who prepared to attack, knocking them to the ground. The other One raised their axe towards Clarisse!​

Scorpia let Elizia handle the satchel, could be something useful in there. Probably. As they continued on the group spotted two people sitting and eating. Weird place to do that but there was only one thing to do. "Hiya!" Walk up and introduce yourself. "We're searching for a fella called Otus. I don't suppose either of you know where he is?" She smiled a friendly smile their way, no need to be rude with strangers after all.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Minerva @HallofJustice

❝ Why thank you for this compliment, miss. Well... I suppose that these can be called earrings in a way. ❞ The mage didn't see a reason to correct Scorpia on the compliment on his "ears." Not when they had a Quartermaster to find! Plus with Elizia joining them, there was enough people to ensure a successful search mission.

Leaving the matter of the satchel to Elizia, Merlin joined Scorpia in greeting the two others that were in the vault.

❝ Yes, would you two have any tips to give us on our important search? In exchange... I see that I can lend a helping hand with this crown that you speak of. ❞ Merlin flashed a quick wink once he said that last sentence. He overheard something about these other people searching for a crown, which was something that Otus went missing looking for in the vaults anyways... How strange.

@Jeremi @York @Minerva
@HallofJustice

"I'm Demacian, remember?" Poppy commented, all of a sudden exuding an air of confidence as battle drew near, "Rogue mages are our area of expertise!" she exclaimed, digging her heels into the dirt as Knox gave the ready call. "Been awhile since I've faced a necromancer though..." Poppy added, her voice hinting at her excitement, and her stout form absolutely tingling with it. As Knox tore the gate down and the undead charged, Poppy eagerly sprang into action, whipping her buckler at the nearest target.

"Right. It still surprises me how a yordle can be Demacian," the mage replied.​

He’s been a thorn in our sides several times, mostly for illegal treatment of Spellplague victims. We never thought he’d take it this far.” Knox said. “Everyone stand back.” He hit the gate with his axe, causing it to unlock.

Once inside, several zombies that appeared to radiate the blue energy milled around the property. When they noticed the group, they began to charge.

We need to secure the area and keep them out of the civilian populace!” Knox shouted.

"Such a primitive and vile magic," Ryze remarked. "I'll never forgive him for this." He concentrated on his breathing as the runic tattoos on his body glowed bright blue, conducting energy.

xUvwR09.png

"This is for your own good!" he shouted at the zombies, creating an orb of magic in his right hand and hurling it at one of them. Upon impact, it didn't do much damage, but it flashed bright and expanded, searing into its flesh and giving it a glowing aura. Meanwhile, Ryze prepared another Spell Flux on his left hand, which he promptly threw at the original zombie, causing the magical aura to overflow and spread out to a batch of zombies near the target.

Pp5JMiw.png

"There!" He thrust his arms forward, a missile of power erupting from his fingertips. Upon impact, it would violently react with the afflicted targets, setting off a chain-explosion among them.​

Last edited:

latest

@Crow @gate

❝ Why thank you for this compliment, miss. Well... I suppose that these can be called earrings in a way. ❞ The mage didn't see a reason to correct Scorpia on the compliment on his "ears." Not when they had a Quartermaster to find! Plus with Elizia joining them, there was enough people to ensure a successful search mission.

Leaving the matter of the satchel to Elizia, Merlin joined Scorpia in greeting the two others that were in the vault.

❝ Yes, would you two have any tips to give us on our important search? In exchange... I see that I can lend a helping hand with this crown that you speak of. ❞ Merlin flashed a quick wink once he said that last sentence. He overheard something about these other people searching for a crown, which was something that Otus went missing looking for in the vaults anyways... How strange.

@Jeremi @York @Minerva
@HallofJustice
Elizia
@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva
@HallofJustice

Elizia carefully put the pin on, figuring it was some kind of trinket that would enhance her abilities somehow. She wasn't completely sure how it worked, but she had a feeling it was magical in nature. Only time would tell what kind of effects it might have on her, but she figured every bit helped.

Taking note of the potions in the satchel, she couldn't recognize them as anything that could boost her abilities, though they seemed to have some kind of magical effect themselves. It never occurred to her they were healing potions, as she was used to eating food or drinking certain drinks to heal herself, but at the same time... She figured in a pinch, she could try drinking one and see what happens.

However, noticing the Mage begin to talk to the pair of people who were apparently also searching for that crown... She remembered she wasn't doing this alone, as much as she was used to it.

Shaking her head, she figured she'd hold onto the potions for now, if anyone needed them, she wasn't too concerned with parting with them, but for now... There were more important things to take care of. For instance, the two people who she realized might be of use to them; the Mage had the right idea after all, they might know a thing or two about either where Otus was.

Deciding to interject into the conversation without another thought, she cleared her throat and spoke.

"You wouldn't happen to know where someone called 'Otus' went, would you?" She asked.

If this was like any of the previous quests she went on, they were bound to give her at least a clue as to the situation... Right?​

@Crow @gate

80px-Ability_Amorphous.png

"Amorphous! Radioactive Mode!"

Clarisse began to glow a vibrant golden-white aura around her as two orbs of similiar hue circled her, increasing her physical power and speed, thus allowing her to swiftly evade the axe before it could hit her.

This state - Radioactive Mode - had a drawback. If she used it for longer than a heartbeat, it would slowly seep her health away. Unfortunately, she doesn't know how to turn it off until a certain time, which is not a heartbeat.

Her explosions were evidently much stronger and precise than before as well, as she generated an explosion that started from a small but noticeable gap in her assailant's armour, but then expanded to knock him out.

While the assailant was recovering, he observed the other bone golem that just attacked the soldiers.

Ability_ArmorBreak_4.png

"Take this! Nano-Analyze!"

With a wink, light cracks, indicating the bone golem's weak spots, would appear around the golem and its scrap meral armour. It would get a
25px-Status_DefenseDown.png
25% Defense Down and to stack upon that, a
25px-Status_FireResDown.png
15% Defense Down to fire-based attacks.

e7rZfWr.png

"I weakened the enemy for you, so please weaken the enemy for me too~" Clarisse speaks to the now-rising fallen soldiers. "There's nothing a crew can't overcome together, as long as a genius alchemist like me is a part of it~!"

She swiftly turns her attention back to the bone golem that initially attacked her.

"Now where were we?"

@Minerva @GateInvasion​

@Jeremi @York @Minerva
@HallofJustice
Scorpia let Elizia handle the satchel, could be something useful in there. Probably. As they continued on the group spotted two people sitting and eating. Weird place to do that but there was only one thing to do. "Hiya!" Walk up and introduce yourself. "We're searching for a fella called Otus. I don't suppose either of you know where he is?" She smiled a friendly smile their way, no need to be rude with strangers after all.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Minerva @HallofJustice
Elizia
@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva
@HallofJustice

Elizia carefully put the pin on, figuring it was some kind of trinket that would enhance her abilities somehow. She wasn't completely sure how it worked, but she had a feeling it was magical in nature. Only time would tell what kind of effects it might have on her, but she figured every bit helped.

Taking note of the potions in the satchel, she couldn't recognize them as anything that could boost her abilities, though they seemed to have some kind of magical effect themselves. It never occurred to her they were healing potions, as she was used to eating food or drinking certain drinks to heal herself, but at the same time... She figured in a pinch, she could try drinking one and see what happens.

However, noticing the Mage begin to talk to the pair of people who were apparently also searching for that crown... She remembered she wasn't doing this alone, as much as she was used to it.

Shaking her head, she figured she'd hold onto the potions for now, if anyone needed them, she wasn't too concerned with parting with them, but for now... There were more important things to take care of. For instance, the two people who she realized might be of use to them; the Mage had the right idea after all, they might know a thing or two about either where Otus was.

Deciding to interject into the conversation without another thought, she cleared her throat and spoke.

"You wouldn't happen to know where someone called 'Otus' went, would you?" She asked.

If this was like any of the previous quests she went on, they were bound to give her at least a clue as to the situation... Right?

The two guards looked up. "Hmm? Otus? We don't know an Otus, sorry." The first one said. "But no, we were told to guard the entrance. Are you all from the Nashers?"

The second one looked at his food. "You aren't Nashers, are you..." He put his hand on his hilt, waiting for an answer.

@York @HallofJustice

Ryze
@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @PlagueTowerTeam
proxy.php

"Right. It still surprises me how a yordle can be Demacian," the mage replied.

"Such a primitive and vile magic," Ryze remarked. "I'll never forgive him for this." He concentrated on his breathing as the runic tattoos on his body glowed bright blue, conducting energy.

xUvwR09.png

"This is for your own good!" he shouted at the zombies, creating an orb of magic in his right hand and hurling it at one of them. Upon impact, it didn't do much damage, but it flashed bright and expanded, searing into its flesh and giving it a glowing aura. Meanwhile, Ryze prepared another Spell Flux on his left hand, which he promptly threw at the original zombie, causing the magical aura to overflow and spread out to a batch of zombies near the target.

Pp5JMiw.png

"There!" He thrust his arms forward, a missile of power erupting from his fingertips. Upon impact, it would violently react with the afflicted targets, setting off a chain-explosion among them.

Poppy blinked and tilted her head. "...Suspicious activity in the Plague Tower?" the yordle tittered, "Next you'll tell me water is wet," she quipped, following Sergeant Knox's lead. Arriving at the location, Poppy did a double-take at the residence as their march came to a halt. "Hold on, this is the Plague Tower? Inside the city?" Poppy rhetorically asked, peering through the gates at the shambling undead present not a stone's throw away from the rest of Neverwinter. Lifting her weapon off her shoulder, she gripped her greathammer by the neck in one hand, and her buckler ready in the other.

@Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

The zombies would be struck, keeling over and screaming. Several more would run towards the group and Knox and his guards would raise their weapons.

"Go! To the tower! We'll secure the area!" He shouted.​

The two guards looked up. "Hmm? Otus? We don't know an Otus, sorry." The first one said. "But no, we were told to guard the entrance. Are you all from the Nashers?"

The second one looked at his food. "You aren't Nashers, are you..." He put his hand on his hilt, waiting for an answer.

@York @HallofJustice

The zombies would be struck, keeling over and screaming. Several more would run towards the group and Knox and his guards would raise their weapons.

"Go! To the tower! We'll secure the area!" He shouted.​

"Well that's a shame and uuuh..."

K9DO85u.png

"I don't think we are, sorry."

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York

"

"Huuuuweh? D-Darkness?!" Kazuma exclaimed on instinct as he saw the woman from a distance, finding that she had a striking resemblance to his dear old companion back where he came from. "Megumin, do you see it?! She looks just like--!"

Then he saw that the woman was actually able to hit the enemy that appeared before her.

"Ah, never mind. That couldn't possibly be Darkness," he flatly said.

As the woman in question took sight of them and gestured toward a mobile tower being propelled forward by a large army, Kazuma almost felt intimidated by their large numbers, but lucky for everyone, he had a tank buster ready for this occasion! "Stay back, ma'am! I know how to make short work of them!"

Putting his hands on Megumin's shoulders, he pushed her forward, giving her a clear view of what was going on beyond. "Alright, Megumin, now's your time to shine! Show them the real power of Explosion!"

@Minerva @Kaykay

Fjord

Fjord would gingerly put his hand on Scorpia's shoulder. " My friend is obviously joking with you. Of course, we are from the Nashers. We were sent to relieve you of your guard duty to these tombs. Did that messenger get a long the way again? I guess I will have to a talk with the other Nashers on getting a better messenger."

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Hall of Justice

Having caught herself up to the situation at hand, dear little Wendy had a choice to make. Where was she to go? She had a pretty good feeling on where she would be able to help best..

"I'd be much more help at the Dragon Bridge!" She exclaimed, mainly to herself. "My magic is centered more around stamina rebuilding and defense anyway, to an extent, but I'm also able to fight!"

After making that call, the young Fairy Tail wizard made her way towards said location, doing her best to keep on track and not get lost.

@bridge @Minerva

"Yeah. That's impossible," Megumin replied just as flatly as the blonde paladin managed to actually hit something.

With the approaching siege tower and at Kazuma's prodding however, Megumin's eyes glew red as she stepped forward and raised her staff into the air. Just using one shot to blow up something huge was pretty much all she was good at, but more importantly, that was pretty much all she wanted to do anyway.

"All right! Everyone, feast your eyes on the power of Explosion magic!"

Swirls of black energy began to surround the archwizard, being pulled towards and centering around the jewel on her staff.

"Darkness blacker than black and darker than dark," Megumin began a chant for her spell, orange magical circles appearing above her target as well as on her staff and the ground she stood upon. "I beseech thee, combine with my deep crimson. The time of awakening cometh. Justice, fallen upon the infallible boundary, appear now as an intangible distortion!"

"Dance, Dance, Dance!"

"I desire for my torrent of power a destructive force: a destructive force without equal! Return all creation to cinders, and come from the abyss!
This is the mightiest means of attack known to man, the ultimate attack magic!"

"EXPLOSION!"

With her chant complete, Megumin finally casted her Explosion magic, creating a huge explosion directly on top of the siege tower!

"Explosion magic...really is...the best..."

And she collapsed after that single spell, completely out of magical energy.

@Minerva @Ver

"Well that's a shame and uuuh..."

K9DO85u.png

"I don't think we are, sorry."

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York

"
Fjord

Fjord would gingerly put his hand on Scorpia's shoulder. " My friend is obviously joking with you. Of course, we are from the Nashers. We were sent to relieve you of your guard duty to these tombs. Did that messenger get a long the way again? I guess I will have to a talk with the other Nashers on getting a better messenger."

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Hall of Justice

The two guards looked incredibly confused for a moment. "I..." He shut his mouth and bit the inside of his lip. "Go on ahead, I guess."

The other one narrowed his eyes. "Alright, fine, whatever." He finally conceded. "Just... go on ahead."

@HallofJustice

"Huuuuweh? D-Darkness?!" Kazuma exclaimed on instinct as he saw the woman from a distance, finding that she had a striking resemblance to his dear old companion back where he came from. "Megumin, do you see it?! She looks just like--!"

Then he saw that the woman was actually able to hit the enemy that appeared before her.

"Ah, never mind. That couldn't possibly be Darkness," he flatly said.

As the woman in question took sight of them and gestured toward a mobile tower being propelled forward by a large army, Kazuma almost felt intimidated by their large numbers, but lucky for everyone, he had a tank buster ready for this occasion! "Stay back, ma'am! I know how to make short work of them!"

Putting his hands on Megumin's shoulders, he pushed her forward, giving her a clear view of what was going on beyond. "Alright, Megumin, now's your time to shine! Show them the real power of Explosion!"

@Minerva @Kaykay
"Yeah. That's impossible," Megumin replied just as flatly as the blonde paladin managed to actually hit something.

With the approaching siege tower and at Kazuma's prodding however, Megumin's eyes glew red as she stepped forward and raised her staff into the air. Just using one shot to blow up something huge was pretty much all she was good at, but more importantly, that was pretty much all she wanted to do anyway.

"All right! Everyone, feast your eyes on the power of Explosion magic!"

Swirls of black energy began to surround the archwizard, being pulled towards and centering around the jewel on her staff.

"Darkness blacker than black and darker than dark," Megumin began a chant for her spell, orange magical circles appearing above her target as well as on her staff and the ground she stood upon. "I beseech thee, combine with my deep crimson. The time of awakening cometh. Justice, fallen upon the infallible boundary, appear now as an intangible distortion!"

"Dance, Dance, Dance!"

"I desire for my torrent of power a destructive force: a destructive force without equal! Return all creation to cinders, and come from the abyss!
This is the mightiest means of attack known to man, the ultimate attack magic!"

"EXPLOSION!"

With her chant complete, Megumin finally casted her Explosion magic, creating a huge explosion directly on top of the siege tower!

"Explosion magic...really is...the best..."

And she collapsed after that single spell, completely out of magical energy.

@Minerva @Ver

The explosion knocked several spear men back. The paladin would hold her stance. Groups of enemies, some of which were on fire, would make leaps off of the now ruined siege tower and fall to the ground. Several of the bone creatures from earlier would fall off as well. Suddenly, a claw appeared on the edge and two creatures would crawl up.

alpha-gamboa-bone-dragon.jpg

@Western Watchtower

Having caught herself up to the situation at hand, dear little Wendy had a choice to make. Where was she to go? She had a pretty good feeling on where she would be able to help best..

"I'd be much more help at the Dragon Bridge!" She exclaimed, mainly to herself. "My magic is centered more around stamina rebuilding and defense anyway, to an extent, but I'm also able to fight!"

After making that call, the young Fairy Tail wizard made her way towards said location, doing her best to keep on track and not get lost.

@bridge @Minerva

Wendy would be directed by a soldier to one of three places:The Gate, the Western Watchtower, or the Eastern Watchtower.

80px-Ability_Amorphous.png

"Amorphous! Radioactive Mode!"

Clarisse began to glow a vibrant golden-white aura around her as two orbs of similiar hue circled her, increasing her physical power and speed, thus allowing her to swiftly evade the axe before it could hit her.

This state - Radioactive Mode - had a drawback. If she used it for longer than a heartbeat, it would slowly seep her health away. Unfortunately, she doesn't know how to turn it off until a certain time, which is not a heartbeat.

Her explosions were evidently much stronger and precise than before as well, as she generated an explosion that started from a small but noticeable gap in her assailant's armour, but then expanded to knock him out.

While the assailant was recovering, he observed the other bone golem that just attacked the soldiers.

Ability_ArmorBreak_4.png

"Take this! Nano-Analyze!"

With a wink, light cracks, indicating the bone golem's weak spots, would appear around the golem and its scrap meral armour. It would get a
25px-Status_DefenseDown.png
25% Defense Down and to stack upon that, a
25px-Status_FireResDown.png
15% Defense Down to fire-based attacks.

e7rZfWr.png

"I weakened the enemy for you, so please weaken the enemy for me too~" Clarisse speaks to the now-rising fallen soldiers. "There's nothing a crew can't overcome together, as long as a genius alchemist like me is a part of it~!"

She swiftly turns her attention back to the bone golem that initially attacked her.

"Now where were we?"

@Minerva @GateInvasion

The soldiers, and Sabine herself, would lunge towards the giant. It seemed startled at the humans attacking it, and started manically swinging again. To no avail, it was knocked on the ground.

The other one would pick up its sword in an attempt to bring it down onto Clarisse.

A distant roar could be heard, and then Sabine could be heard muttering. "By Mystra, no..."

@Gate​

Last edited:
Three places, all in the need of aid, but even as an Aspect, Taric was only one man. He couldn't go everywhere, but he was truly grateful for his fellow wanderers for lending their hand to the Gate and Western Tower. But there was one place left undefended, and that was where Taric would defend first and foremost. He had said there would be no more losses, and he meant it. So, the Eastern Tower was where he would go.

@Minerva

Fjord

Fjord was kind of surprised that it worked, but he wasn't going to do anything to put the mission in a state of making it become harder for them.
He gestured for the others to follow him and he looked over at them and also was up ahead, waiting to get out of range of the Nashers " I'm honestly surprised that worked," he lowly told the group.

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @York @Jeremi @Hall of Justice

The two guards looked incredibly confused for a moment. "I..." He shut his mouth and bit the inside of his lip. "Go on ahead, I guess."

The other one narrowed his eyes. "Alright, fine, whatever." He finally conceded. "Just... go on ahead."

@HallofJustice

The explosion knocked several spear men back. The paladin would hold her stance. Groups of enemies, some of which were on fire, would make leaps off of the now ruined siege tower and fall to the ground. Several of the bone creatures from earlier would fall off as well. Suddenly, a claw appeared on the edge and two creatures would crawl up.

alpha-gamboa-bone-dragon.jpg

@Western Watchtower

Wendy would be directed by a soldier to one of three places:The Gate, the Western Watchtower, or the Eastern Watchtower.

The soldiers, and Sabine herself, would lunge towards the giant. It seemed startled at the humans attacking it, and started manically swinging again. To no avail, it was knocked on the ground.

The other one would pick up its sword in an attempt to bring it down onto Clarisse.

A distant roar could be heard, and then Sabine could be heard muttering. "By Mystra, no..."

@Gate​

Three places, all in the need of aid, but even as an Aspect, Taric was only one man. He couldn't go everywhere, but he was truly grateful for his fellow wanderers for lending their hand to the Gate and Western Tower. But there was one place left undefended, and that was where Taric would defend first and foremost. He had said there would be no more losses, and he meant it. So, the Eastern Tower was where he would go.

@Minerva

Taric wouldn't be alone, for Arslan would just happen to follow him to the Eastern Tower.

"I might not be much help, but I'll help all I can." He spoke up, blade already drawn. He wouldn't let all of Vahriz's training go to waste, and he certainly wouldn't stand by as people were slaughtered needlessly!

@Minerva @Yun Lee @EastTower @Others

Last edited:

"Go! To the tower! We'll secure the area!" He shouted.

The mage winced as the loud screams invaded his ears, but he ignored it, keeping his mission in mind. Those people were already as good as dead; all he did was put them out of their misery.

Ryze nodded at the commander, motioning for his allies to follow his lead as he ran ahead.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back