Non-Canon On a Cold Neverwinter Day IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arslan.%28Arslan.Senki%29.full.1926220.jpg

"Whether we're from here or not shouldn't matter! You wield that sword to protect others, do you not? This whole place needs to be protected, so please don't stop fighting!" Arslan spoke heatedly, becoming rather passionate in the moment and, for a moment, looked down at the lit torch. They had to light a bonfire, then? It was a bit odd, but from the looks of it the bonfire might have something to do with everyone's morale.

"Light the Eastern Bonfire...alright." Arslan repeated as he took the torch. "I pray that you find the will to pick up your sword and fight on." He added, before turning to Wendy as she approached, not having heard when she first addressed him and Taric.

f84e49292a00e7c93fd194ffac02afcb.jpg

"Your help would be greatly appreciated." The prince spoke, glad at the idea of another potential ally.

@Minerva @RyuKeiko @Yun Lee

The Nasher would fall back into the group of Nashers, causing several of them to fall. Meanwhile, the skeletons in Neverwinter armor would continue their assault on both the group and the Nashers, who were now fighting from on the ground.

@York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

The soldier sighed. He put his face in his free hand. "Thank you..." He said to Arslan. He held forward the torch. "It's a long way there..."

Wendy smiled at the kind Prince's words, and nodded, putting on her best face of fierceness. She would do her best to help, despite how much she disliked fighting. Carla would have been proud of her for taking on this much initiative! Looking on towards the soldier who was to lead the way, she awaited for everyone to begin moving.

@Minerva @Takumi @Yun Lee

Well, what a doozy this has turned out to be. It wasn't like he could do much to turn the tide of battle on a whim. But what else could Merlin do? Surely they wouldn't be able to progress their search for Otus by standing around and watching this fight go on.

❝ What to do... what to do... ❞ The mage repeats to himself, tapping the end of his staff on the ground a few times. Something to keep him occupied as he tried to think of something. Magic wouldn't be so great at this time, there were all grouped up in battle, and friendly fire wouldn't be so great when they were trying to pass themselves as Nashers. But that's when an idea hit him.

❝ Ah... it's far faster to swing a sword than to cast magic. ❞ Merlin says as he held out his other hand, casually summoning a grand sword.

Excalibur2.jpg

Seemingly warping himself closer to these skeletons that bore familiar armor, the mage swung the radiant sword at one skeleton.

@York @Lucky @Jeremi @Minerva
@HallOfJustice
Elizia
@Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @Jeremi @Minerva
@HallOfJustice

Elizia growled under her breath when she realized the woman she was talking to was either ignoring her... Or just completely unaware of the kind of situation they were in. Shaking her head, she slowly turned her attention to tne ensuing battle, her eyes bulging in surprise when she noticed that the mage who had offered to help her was holding a familiar sword.

Was that... Is that... The excalibur?! It looked alot more potent than the one she had seen during her brief venture into Camelot castle.

With a sigh, she too decided to get involved.

"Nasher or not, don't get in my way... And I won't get in yours." She muttered.

Then, Elizia left the woman in green alone for the time being, drawing both of her emerald colored scimitars as she lunged into battle, aiming for the skeletons as she let out a war cry.

She had some other equipment with her, but much like Merlin, she figured swinging a sword was the most direct approach. Though in hindsight, she realized she should have brought some hammers with her instead of scimitars, considering the fact that they were dealing with skeletons...

So far at least, she hadn't blown their 'cover' as Nashers, yet.
"Sorry!" Scorpia exclaimed as the guards were sent tumbling to the ground. Instead of focusing much on it Scorpia's focus went to the skeletons slapping one of them with her tail towards some other skeletons nearby.

@Minerva @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

The clatter of bones and armor was heard as the skeletons hit the ground. Looking around the room, you would see the tombs open on the far edges. The Nashers stood for a second, confused as they looked around the area before one held up his sword. "RETREAT!" He shouted, running around the statue and deeper into the vaults.

The woman jumped off the statue

Souls_6e2071_5880067.jpg

"This world is not like my own..." She said in a calm, soft tone of voice. "It feels more alive, but, there are some things that never change." She said, glancing at the skeletons. "My name is Shanalotte, I am not with these self-proclaimed Nashers, I am like you, because I do not know how I found myself here."

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @Jeremi @HallofJustice

Face down on the ground, Megumin slowly raised her arm to give Kazuma a thumbs up. Yup, she wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

But when she looked up a bit while laying on the ground, Aqua was knocked away. Not that she could really help her. She couldn't even help herself in her current state. So she fell back on the only plan she knew.

"Kazuma, I think it would be best if you swiftly made use of Chunchunmaru to thin out those skeletal dragons' numbers. Ah, and if you have time, it'd be great if you covered me. Aqua's already been attacked, and since I can't move I believe I'm in very imminent danger. I'll leave it to you."

With the implementation of her plan complete, Megumin continued doing what she did best after every Explosion. Absolutely nothing.

@Ver @Minerva
View attachment 3583

"Grnngh! Stupid useless goddess!" Kazuma saw, feeling little actual remorse for Aqua's predicament, but knew that this probably meant he shouldn't underestimate the monsters. To that end, gritting his teeth, the young adventurer did his best to yank the sword out of the beast's maw and then give another swing with the intent of lopping its head right off!

"There's only so much I can do at once, you know!" He exclaimed toward Megumin all the while, "You know, you wouldn't have to depend on me so much if you'd just learn some other kind of magic besides Explosion, but noooo, it's the greatest type of magic ever, huuuuh?!" He said sarcastically in a heated manner, before taking his chance to go after the next creature, deciding to also try and lop its head off!

@Kaykay @Minerva @WestWatchtower

37918aaaeea4ced35f2410dee12adbeb.jpg

A figure would appear in Megumin’s vision. She wore a breastplate with a crescent moon on it, and pulled her away. She would do the same with Aqua before saying a small prayer over the both of them in attempt to bring them out of their stupor. The Paladin proceeded to jam her spear down the throat of the Bone Dragon, and Kazuma would be able to pull Chunchunmaru out. The dragon stood on its hind legs in an attempt to scratch kazuma with its claws.

@Kaykay @Ver

While mid-air, Clarisse spun her body like a top to ease the impact, allowing her to gently land her feet on the floor. She panted heavily as she stretches her muscles.

"It's not over... RADIOACTIVE MODE!"

Assuming the glow from before, Clarisse took a big leap, an explosion below hee boosting her jump. Climbing the ledge of the wall, she helped herself back onto it.

"ALPHA DECAY! BETA DECAY!"

She reduced the offensive and defensive power of her prior assailant. After that, she raised a single palm up, a sphere of whitish-golden energy charging up upon it.

TQWdXK2.png

"Sabine! Friends! Focus on the entrance!"

As she panted and her health was sapped away, the sphere served to become larger over time...

"Neutron..."

@Minerva @Gate

The Skeleton would open its gaping maw in shock. It began to disintegrate. Sabine would grab her own sword and take a swing at the skeleton grabbing Clarisse. She swung at its legs, knocking it to the ground. It finally fell and corroded into dust.

Meanwhile, the other one swung wildly around.​

The clatter of bones and armor was heard as the skeletons hit the ground. Looking around the room, you would see the tombs open on the far edges. The Nashers stood for a second, confused as they looked around the area before one held up his sword. "RETREAT!" He shouted, running around the statue and deeper into the vaults.

Souls_6e2071_5880067.jpg

"This world is not like my own..." She said in a calm, soft tone of voice. "It feels more alive, but, there are some things that never change." She said, glancing at the skeletons. "My name is Shanalotte, I am not with these self-proclaimed Nashers, I am like you, because I do not know how I found myself here."

A figure would appear in Megumin’s vision. She wore a breastplate with a crescent moon on it, and pulled her away. She would do the same with Aqua before saying a small prayer over the both of them in attempt to bring them out of their stupor. The Paladin proceeded to jam her spear down the throat of the Bone Dragon, and Kazuma would be able to pull Chunchunmaru out. The dragon stood on its hind legs in an attempt to scratch kazuma with its claws.

@Kaykay @Ver

The Skeleton would open its gaping maw in shock. It began to disintegrate. Sabine would grab her own sword and take a swing at the skeleton grabbing Clarisse. She swung at its legs, knocking it to the ground. It finally fell and corroded into dust.

Oh hey another person like them Scorpia gave her a friendly wave when she remembered what they were facing. "Uuh, should we follow the Nashers? They seemed to be in a real hurry." And you know the murderous skeletons and all that.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @Minerva @HallofJustice

Dk8hc1b.png

"... STAR!"

Clarisse's charged attack was sent flying, descending upon the ground. It ate the soil and the skeletal forces that stood upon it with its sheer, scorching power. Its very first victim in its path was the other bone golem that wildly thrashed, and it was far from the last. Bordering on the path of an awakening power, it flickered between the elemental properties of fire and light, both incinerating and purifying the foe at the same time. During this process, Clarisse's body would heat with great intensity, repelling the skeleton warriors that grabbed her.

Soon, the sphere erupted into a wide-range explosion, taking a humungous chunk of the skeletal army with it after singing a wide path through them. The explosion was so huge, the pillar of light and inferno could be seen by all in the area.

And at last, Clarisse stood, panting and ready to fall.

@Minerva @Gate​

As Ryze trudged into the enemy sorcerer's domain, he became more disgusted, and the look on his face looked the part. Just what were these people all doing here? In any case, he didn't want to let this magic run amuck and potentially cause him trouble later. "Why are you all just standing there? You can leave now," he questioned the infected, pointing toward the entryway.​

Arriving inside the tower after hammering through a couple more undead, Poppy's pace slowed to a cautious canter as she looked upon the devastation the sorcerer had wrought. Innocent faces marred by magic was a sight painfully familiar to Poppy, yet her resolve remained indomitable. If anything, it just made things personal.

"We're here with Sergeant Knox!" Poppy explained to the victims, "Anyone who can walk, help those who can't get to the front gate - Knox is holding the line there!" the stout yordle barked, her voice shockingly commanding for her stature.

He then turned to Poppy, curious to witness Durand's craft firsthand. "Think you can use that hammer to destroy the source of that magic?"

Turning towards Ryze, Poppy readied her greathammer in both hands.
"Is water wet?" she replied with a grin. The yordle then reared her mana-hungry weapon back, before striding forward to deliver a haymaker of a swing; the massive head of her hammer pounding against the column of power with the force of a battering ram.

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Minerva @Plague Tower

Dk8hc1b.png

"... STAR!"

Clarisse's charged attack was sent flying, descending upon the ground. It ate the soil and the skeletal forces that stood upon it with its sheer, scorching power. Its very first victim in its path was the other bone golem that wildly thrashed, and it was far from the last. Bordering on the path of an awakening power, it flickered between the elemental properties of fire and light, both incinerating and purifying the foe at the same time. During this process, Clarisse's body would heat with great intensity, repelling the skeleton warriors that grabbed her.

Soon, the sphere erupted into a wide-range explosion, taking a humungous chunk of the skeletal army with it after singing a wide path through them. The explosion was so huge, the pillar of light and inferno could be seen by all in the area.

And at last, Clarisse stood, panting and ready to fall.

@Minerva @Gate

The explosion WOULD wipe out the invading skeletons and zombies, completely vaporizing them. In the distance, Valindra could be seen watching. However, that was not all it did. There would be the sound of stone cracking, then sliding. A large bridge in the shape of a dragon could be seen collapsing. Several surviving Bone Golems could be seen falling down. Soldiers stood up from their fights to witness the carnage.

Dragon Bridge had collapsed.

Sabine would stand up from her spot. A soldier looked shocked. "That's..."

"The safest way in and out of the city? Yes." Sabine responded. "Neverember's not gonna like this."

One of the Mintarns drew a dagger and ran towards the wounded girl, picking her up by the collar. "TRAITOR! YOU'RE A GODS DAMNED TRAITOR! YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL US! YOU'RE TRYING TO DESTROY THE CITY!"

Arriving inside the tower after hammering through a couple more undead, Poppy's pace slowed to a cautious canter as she looked upon the devastation the sorcerer had wrought. Innocent faces marred by magic was a sight painfully familiar to Poppy, yet her resolve remained indomitable. If anything, it just made things personal.

"We're here with Sergeant Knox!" Poppy explained to the victims, "Anyone who can walk, help those who can't get to the front gate - Knox is holding the line there!" the stout yordle barked, her voice shockingly commanding for her stature.

"Is water wet?" she replied with a grin. The yordle then reared her mana-hungry weapon back, before striding forward to deliver a haymaker of a swing; the massive head of her hammer pounding against the column of power with the force of a battering ram.

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

The people would look confused for a second before stumbling out of the tower's entry hall. The large pillar of energy would freeze up and shatter into glass.

Before immediately reforming. There was a rumbling sound beneath you, and the ground shook a bit, but you didn't seem to be the epicenter. However, it seemed like the magic was natural, not produced by Rhazzad

Three more zombies ran from the left staircase.

The explosion WOULD wipe out the invading skeletons and zombies, completely vaporizing them. In the distance, Valindra could be seen watching. However, that was not all it did. There would be the sound of stone cracking, then sliding. A large bridge in the shape of a dragon could be seen collapsing. Several surviving Bone Golems could be seen falling down. Soldiers stood up from their fights to witness the carnage.

"The safest way in and out of the city? Yes." Sabine responded. "Neverember's not gonna like this."

One of the Mintarns drew a dagger and ran towards the wounded girl, picking her up by the collar. "TRAITOR! YOU'RE A GODS DAMNED TRAITOR! YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL US! YOU'RE TRYING TO DESTROY THE CITY!"​

e0J8HyZ.png

"Wha- what?"

Clarisse looks upon the bridge's collapse.

"I didn't mean for that... I was only trying to help... against the invasion..."

She looks towards the Mintarn, almost in tears.

"But traitor or no traitor, I... I guess I did something bad, something I can't fix... not with an apology, or my abilities...

... what would Master Cags do in a situation like this... how does she make it so easy... "

@Minerva

"Sorry!" Scorpia exclaimed as the guards were sent tumbling to the ground. Instead of focusing much on it Scorpia's focus went to the skeletons slapping one of them with her tail towards some other skeletons nearby.

@Minerva @York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

Souls_6e2071_5880067.jpg

@Kaykay @Ver

Oh hey another person like them Scorpia gave her a friendly wave when she remembered what they were facing. "Uuh, should we follow the Nashers? They seemed to be in a real hurry." And you know the murderous skeletons and all that.

@Gummi Bunnies @York @Lucky @Minerva @HallofJustice
Elizia
@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Jeremi
@HallofJustice

After the battle was over, Elizia had half a mind to pursue the Nashers, and capture them. She was sick of pretending to be one of them, sick of hiding their true purpose for coming here, and fortunately... The woman in green seemed not to be with them. In fact, they were also someone from outside this world. An 'outerlander' as some might call it.

This brought a confident smile to Elizia's face as she spoke.

"Then, let's kick some Nasher butt!" She said, then she froze, remembering something when Scorpia spoke up about following them.

"But first, let's find this 'Otus' we came down here for. The Nashers can wait." She said, shaking her head, as she sheathed her scimitars.

"Miss Shanalotte, do you have any idea where he is?" She asked, turning to the woman in green once more.

It was a better alternative than searching around blindly after all, especially now that she knew Nashers were here.

The people would look confused for a second before stumbling out of the tower's entry hall. The large pillar of energy would freeze up and shatter into glass.

Before immediately reforming. There was a rumbling sound beneath you, and the ground shook a bit, but you didn't seem to be the epicenter. However, it seemed like the magic was natural, not produced by Rhazzad

The mage smiled at the yordle, mildly humored by the confident remark. As she approached the column and attempted to destroy it, he watched the magic stoically resist. He was genuinely surprised that it was able to keep the Durand hammer at bay, but he had been slightly skeptical ever since asking the seemingly obvious question of 'will a petricite mace absorb magic.' It seems that even petricite has its limits.

"Well, that was disappointing," he eventually said, walking closer to the column. As he did, he noticed that the power was similar to the energies of the World Runes, filling him with some unease. It seemed natural and very abundant, but at the same time, it just didn't feel right.

"I suppose this is a good learning experience to be had about petricite. You're gonna need a lot of it if you want to stop such a large source of power," he mused. "... Just what kind of wizard are we dealing with here if he has such a stock of it?"

Then, Ryze noticed the rumbling and saw a brief flash of light in the sky. The carefree face of Clarisse popped into his mind. "That better not have been that stupid girl!" he complained before noticing some zombies rush at him from the left staircase.

"In any case, we better hurry and meet Rhazzad."

He charged some magic in his right arm, but one of the zombies lunged at him. As the runes on his right arm pulsed with light, he thrust his hand forth, grabbing hold of the zombie's neck. After doing so, he blasted magic point-blank, violently pushing the zombie back toward his friends, who then fell after being knocked off-balance. He left the two writhing zombies for the Demacian yordle to handle, deciding to save some mana for the duel with the rival mage. He ran toward the left staircase, figuring that place to be near his domain.​

One of the Mintarns drew a dagger and ran towards the wounded girl, picking her up by the collar. "TRAITOR! YOU'RE A GODS DAMNED TRAITOR! YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL US! YOU'RE TRYING TO DESTROY THE CITY!"

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

Lucina chose to take the left staircase, leaping over Ryze as he began to climb. She drew Falchion as she ran, cutting through any forces that would hope to impede her.

She didn't even know if she was going the right way, but all Lucina could think about was going home. Nothing would stop her from returning, certianly not some old geezer hiding in a tower.

"This force cannot stand! We must hurry!" Lucina called out to her comerades.

Wendy smiled at the kind Prince's words, and nodded, putting on her best face of fierceness. She would do her best to help, despite how much she disliked fighting. Carla would have been proud of her for taking on this much initiative! Looking on towards the soldier who was to lead the way, she awaited for everyone to begin moving.

@Minerva @Takumi @Yun Lee

The Nasher would fall back into the group of Nashers, causing several of them to fall. Meanwhile, the skeletons in Neverwinter armor would continue their assault on both the group and the Nashers, who were now fighting from on the ground.

@York @Lucky @Gummi Bunnies

The soldier sighed. He put his face in his free hand. "Thank you..." He said to Arslan. He held forward the torch. "It's a long way there..."

His sword would get caught in the throat of one of the bone dragons, who would proceed to thrash its head around, bit it did appear that he had done some damage. Several of the guards and the Paladin

Suddenly, another figure appeared. "I am Aqua! The Goddess who rules water, worshipped by the Religious Order of Axis! Renounce yourself, Lich!" It shouted. And, Aqua would appear in the light of the large roaring fire on top of the tower. "TURN UNDEAD!" She would shout towards the large dragon skeletons.

But the spell failed.

65f7cb47e099312d51565316fa89c84c.JPG

Aqua looked surprised, and then there was a dragon bone tail, knocking her into a stone wall.

@Kaykay @Western Tower

Arslan nodded upon taking the torch from the soldier.

"I have faith that my allies and I can make it." Arslan reassured. It would be easier said than done to keep the torch lit and himself safe, but without another word he quickly headed for the Eastern Tower.

Ah, so this is what the fire represented. Hope. Absolutely he was going to aid those in need here. And with this young man, Arslan as he called himself, leading the charge, Taric wasn't going to let anything harm him. Or this young girl, Wendy, that had joined them. "My name is Taric," he introduced himself. "It is an honor to work with the two of you to keep this kingdom sa-"

BOOM!

The bridge that he had been standing on just minutes prior had suffered a hit. That was a very bad omen. "We have no time to waste. I will protect you both on our way to the tower. Let us hurry!" And with that, Taric followed Arslan, keeping Wendy in his sights, as well.

@Minerva @Takumi @RyuKeiko

"I have faith that my allies and I can make it." Arslan reassured. It would be easier said than done to keep the torch lit and himself safe, but without another word he quickly headed for the Eastern Tower.

Ah, so this is what the fire represented. Hope. Absolutely he was going to aid those in need here. And with this young man, Arslan as he called himself, leading the charge, Taric wasn't going to let anything harm him. Or this young girl, Wendy, that had joined them. "My name is Taric," he introduced himself. "It is an honor to work with the two of you to keep this kingdom sa-"

BOOM!

The bridge that he had been standing on just minutes prior had suffered a hit. That was a very bad omen. "We have no time to waste. I will protect you both on our way to the tower. Let us hurry!" And with that, Taric followed Arslan, keeping Wendy in his sights, as well.

Wendy nodded in agreement with Arslan and smiled towards the solider. "We definitely will get the job done!" she said with a gleam in her eyes. With Taric introducing himself, she finally knew both companions name. "Nice to meet you Tar-" she was cut short by the sudden explosion of the bridge, causing her to stumble a bit before she caught herself. That didn't sound good... but no need to panic! She told herself. As she steadied herself, she ran after Taric and Arslan.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Takumi

image.png

"Tch!"

As soon as Kazuma was able to pull his short sword out, he hopped away as soon as he could, narrowly evading the counterattack that came his way. Who could say if it was just a bad swing on the creature's part, or if it was Kazuma's Luck stat in action? No time to mull over it right now at least!

Once he saw his opportunity, presented to him like a silver platter from the Darkness-looking woman, Kazuma dove forward, still clutching Chunchunmaru tightly. "C'mon, just die already!! It's not like you're any tougher than a giant frog!" He exclaimed, letting out a battle cry as he went in to attack again, thrusting his blade straight forward in an attempt to stab it.

@Kaykay @Minerva

"BEGONE!"

Ryze and Lucina may have received a sudden instinct to duck, as the air whistled with the sound of slicing blades just behind their heads. A cerulean chakram fashioned into the shape of a cross suddenly soared into battle, tearing into one of the Plague Zombies that the Ryze had knocked back by cleanly separating its upper half from it's lower half.

The cross, if given enough space in the cramped stairway, would soar upward and the back towards the way it came much like a boomerang. Richter Belmont deftly caught the throwing weapon with his free hand and stowed it away in one of his bags, flashing a supportive grin to his allies.

"Apologies for not acting sooner, friends! It took me a while to find that specific weapon. I am pleased to see that it still works as it should," he mused, rushing to the left staircase and looking upward towards the ascending darkness of the stairwell. With a more determined face, the hunter uncoiled the whip fastened to his waist, allowing the full length of the chain to lash freely in the air for a moment before gripping it with his other hand and holding it out in front of himself.

ecc12881e21b76879ea8e266577e368b.png

"Let's not keep this 'Rhazzad' waiting, then. It's time!"

With that, the Belmont began his ascent up the darkened stairs alongside his allies.

@Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Hahli Nuva @PlagueTowerTeam​

BOOM!

Wendy nodded in agreement with Arslan and smiled towards the solider. "We definitely will get the job done!" she said with a gleam in her eyes. With Taric introducing himself, she finally knew both companions name. "Nice to meet you Tar-" she was cut short by the sudden explosion of the bridge, causing her to stumble a bit before she caught herself. That didn't sound good... but no need to panic! She told herself. As she steadied herself, she ran after Taric and Arslan.

superthumb.jpg

"Since we're introducing ourselves for the moment, I am Prince Arslan of Pars, though I doubt such titles matter in such a foreign land, you may call me Arslan if you wish, however." Arslan introduced, before blue eyes widened at the sound of the explosion.

"Yes!" He nodded to Taric's urgency and quickened his pace, keeping the torch in a firm grip with a determined look on his face.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko

e0J8HyZ.png

"Wha- what?"

Clarisse looks upon the bridge's collapse.

"I didn't mean for that... I was only trying to help... against the invasion..."

She looks towards the Mintarn, almost in tears.

"But traitor or no traitor, I... I guess I did something bad, something I can't fix... not with an apology, or my abilities...

... what would Master Cags do in a situation like this... how does she make it so easy... "

@Minerva

The soldier put his dagger down, but continued grabbing her. “You’ve doomed the entire city is what you did. We might not die from Valindra, but we’ll sure as hell starve to death!”

Sabine would pull him off the girl. “Not now, Lieutenant.” She said to him firmly. “This is NOT the time to turn on each other. You will be reprimanded when we return." There was another roaring sound above her. "We need to prepare."

Elizia
@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @Lucky @Jeremi
@HallofJustice

After the battle was over, Elizia had half a mind to pursue the Nashers, and capture them. She was sick of pretending to be one of them, sick of hiding their true purpose for coming here, and fortunately... The woman in green seemed not to be with them. In fact, they were also someone from outside this world. An 'outerlander' as some might call it.

This brought a confident smile to Elizia's face as she spoke.

"Then, let's kick some Nasher butt!" She said, then she froze, remembering something when Scorpia spoke up about following them.

"But first, let's find this 'Otus' we came down here for. The Nashers can wait." She said, shaking her head, as she sheathed her scimitars.

"Miss Shanalotte, do you have any idea where he is?" She asked, turning to the woman in green once more.

It was a better alternative than searching around blindly after all, especially now that she knew Nashers were here.

"I can not say...[/COLOR=Red]" She said. "However, I saw a man run by, deeper inside, earlier, being followed by Nashers.[/COLOR=Red]" She gestured to the exit behind the statue.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

Ryze
@Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Hahli Nuva @PlagueTowerTeam

@Crow

proxy.php

The mage smiled at the yordle, mildly humored by the confident remark. As she approached the column and attempted to destroy it, he watched the magic stoically resist. He was genuinely surprised that it was able to keep the Durand hammer at bay, but he had been slightly skeptical ever since asking the seemingly obvious question of 'will a petricite mace absorb magic.' It seems that even petricite has its limits.

"Well, that was disappointing," he eventually said, walking closer to the column. As he did, he noticed that the power was similar to the energies of the World Runes, filling him with some unease. It seemed natural and very abundant, but at the same time, it just didn't feel right.

"I suppose this is a good learning experience to be had about petricite. You're gonna need a lot of it if you want to stop such a large source of power," he mused. "... Just what kind of wizard are we dealing with here if he has such a stock of it?"

Then, Ryze noticed the rumbling and saw a brief flash of light in the sky. The carefree face of Clarisse popped into his mind. "That better not have been that stupid girl!" he complained before noticing some zombies rush at him from the left staircase.

"In any case, we better hurry and meet Rhazzad."

He charged some magic in his right arm, but one of the zombies lunged at him. As the runes on his right arm pulsed with light, he thrust his hand forth, grabbing hold of the zombie's neck. After doing so, he blasted magic point-blank, violently pushing the zombie back toward his friends, who then fell after being knocked off-balance. He left the two writhing zombies for the Demacian yordle to handle, deciding to save some mana for the duel with the rival mage. He ran toward the left staircase, figuring that place to be near his domain.
Lucina chose to take the left staircase, leaping over Ryze as he began to climb. She drew Falchion as she ran, cutting through any forces that would hope to impede her.

She didn't even know if she was going the right way, but all Lucina could think about was going home. Nothing would stop her from returning, certianly not some old geezer hiding in a tower.

"This force cannot stand! We must hurry!" Lucina called out to her comerades.
"BEGONE!"

Ryze and Lucina may have received a sudden instinct to duck, as the air whistled with the sound of slicing blades just behind their heads. A cerulean chakram fashioned into the shape of a cross suddenly soared into battle, tearing into one of the Plague Zombies that the Ryze had knocked back by cleanly separating its upper half from it's lower half.

The cross, if given enough space in the cramped stairway, would soar upward and the back towards the way it came much like a boomerang. Richter Belmont deftly caught the throwing weapon with his free hand and stowed it away in one of his bags, flashing a supportive grin to his allies.

"Apologies for not acting sooner, friends! It took me a while to find that specific weapon. I am pleased to see that it still works as it should," he mused, rushing to the left staircase and looking upward towards the ascending darkness of the stairwell. With a more determined face, the hunter uncoiled the whip fastened to his waist, allowing the full length of the chain to lash freely in the air for a moment before gripping it with his other hand and holding it out in front of himself.

ecc12881e21b76879ea8e266577e368b.png

"Let's not keep this 'Rhazzad' waiting, then. It's time!"

With that, the Belmont began his ascent up the darkened stairs alongside his allies.

@Minerva @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Hahli Nuva @PlagueTowerTeam
The zombies would scream in pain.

When you reached the upstairs, they would find a room filled with magic tomes. It completely surrounded the pillar of magic. A dark elf with white hair would look annoyed at everyone as they went upstairs.

latest

"What is it? Why are you disturbing my work?" The Dark elf asked, turning from his books. "How important is it that you needed to destroy my livelihood and work in saving these people?"

@Ottonomous Ghost @Archmage Jeremiah @Hahli Nuva @PlagueTowerTeam

BOOM!

superthumb.jpg

"Since we're introducing ourselves for the moment, I am Prince Arslan of Pars, though I doubt such titles matter in such a foreign land, you may call me Arslan if you wish, however." Arslan introduced, before blue eyes widened at the sound of the explosion.

"Yes!" He nodded to Taric's urgency and quickened his pace, keeping the torch in a firm grip with a determined look on his face.

As you would start running, several soldiers would perk up. "WE HAVE LIGHT!" One of them shouted. Several picked up their swords. "COME ON, MEN! LET'S FIGHT!" A commander shouted to several Mintarns as you passed.

Meanwhile, several monsters would attempt to block the way to the bonfire. A skeletal dragon roared and a Bone Golem raised their giant sword in an attempt to hit Arslan.

image.png

"Tch!"

As soon as Kazuma was able to pull his short sword out, he hopped away as soon as he could, narrowly evading the counterattack that came his way. Who could say if it was just a bad swing on the creature's part, or if it was Kazuma's Luck stat in action? No time to mull over it right now at least!

Once he saw his opportunity, presented to him like a silver platter from the Darkness-looking woman, Kazuma dove forward, still clutching Chunchunmaru tightly. "C'mon, just die already!! It's not like you're any tougher than a giant frog!" He exclaimed, letting out a battle cry as he went in to attack again, thrusting his blade straight forward in an attempt to stab it.

@Kaykay @Minerva

The skeletal dragon would scream in Kazuma's face before collapsing into bones. The other soldiers had the second dragon cornered, however, it was folding out its wings in an attempt to fly away.

@Kaykay

The Aspect couldn't help but smile, seeing the good this flame was bringing. Morale and confidence were boosted now, and it was clear that once the bonfire was lit, it would ignite the hearts of all around. Therefore, this flame needed to be guarded at all costs. And as these monsters came to assault it, it was now time to act.

"You vile creatures...I'll stop you dead in your tracks!" Darting in front of Arslan, Taric lifted his shield, Bastion, and attempted to block the attack. Offense would happen next, but he needed to defend Arslan first.

The soldier put his dagger down, but continued grabbing her. “You’ve doomed the entire city is what you did. We might not die from Valindra, but we’ll sure as hell starve to death!”

Sabine would pull him off the girl. “Not now, Lieutenant.” She said to him firmly. “This is NOT the time to turn on each other. You will be reprimanded when we return." There was another roaring sound above her. "We need to prepare."

"I can not say...[/COLOR=Red]" She said. "However, I saw a man run by, deeper inside, earlier, being followed by Nashers.[/COLOR=Red]" She gestured to the exit behind the statue.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

When you reached the upstairs, they would find a room filled with magic tomes. It completely surrounded the pillar of magic. A dark elf with white hair would look annoyed at everyone as they went upstairs.

latest

"What is it? Why are you disturbing my work?" The Dark elf asked, turning from his books. "How important is it that you needed to destroy my livelihood and work in saving these people?"

As you would start running, several soldiers would perk up. "WE HAVE LIGHT!" One of them shouted. Several picked up their swords. "COME ON, MEN! LET'S FIGHT!" A commander shouted to several Mintarns as you passed.

Meanwhile, several monsters would attempt to block the way to the bonfire. A skeletal dragon roared and a Bone Golem raised their giant sword in an attempt to hit Arslan.

The skeletal dragon would scream in Kazuma's face before collapsing into bones. The other soldiers had the second dragon cornered, however, it was folding out its wings in an attempt to fly away.

@Kaykay

"Hey! We were supposed to come and look for someone in here!"
Scorpia exclaimed. "Maybe that's our guy?" If the mission was to rescue the guy then by golly he was going to be rescued. "Thanks for the help!" Scorpia waved and headed down towards the way that had been pointed out. "Come on guys! You gonna stand there all day?" She shouted after to her companions.

@Gummi Bunnies @Minerva @York @Lucky

superthumb.jpg

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

latest

@Kaykay
The Aspect couldn't help but smile, seeing the good this flame was bringing. Morale and confidence were boosted now, and it was clear that once the bonfire was lit, it would ignite the hearts of all around. Therefore, this flame needed to be guarded at all costs. And as these monsters came to assault it, it was now time to act.

"You vile creatures...I'll stop you dead in your tracks!" Darting in front of Arslan, Taric lifted his shield, Bastion, and attempted to block the attack. Offense would happen next, but he needed to defend Arslan first.

Wendy smiled as the soldiers cheered and felt the general morale of the group seem to grow and improve. We really have to do this. She thought to herself. These people really need our help or els- Her mind was snapped back to the scene in front of her, as the roar of the skeletal dragon caught her off guard. It shook her to her core, before she balled her little fist together, and stared at the dragon and golem that went to attack Arslan, who held the torch we needed to protect with our lives. She saw Taric move quickly to defend him, holding up a shield he carried to deflect the blow. In that instant, she could practically hear Carla chiding her from above. Wendy! You are a Dragonslayer! This beast is what you were meant to fight! GO!

She moved quickly, rushing to Taric's side and standing as tall as her small frame would allow. "I can help! I can fight a beast like this!" She shouted out as she seem to inhale air around her. Her hair and clothing lifted and flowed around her, as if the wind specifically targeted her and blow them around, before she pursed her lips together, as if holding it all in. Beforelong, she balled her fist even tighter, before she tilted back and...
sky_dragons_roar_fairy_tail

View attachment 3588

"Sky Dragon... Roar!!!"
She shouted out, a blast of bellowing wind rushing from her mouth as it rocketed towards the skeletal dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back