Non-Canon On a Cold Neverwinter Day IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It is the greatest attack magic known to man! And haven't I always said, I have no interest in other types of ma- wah!"

Megumin was cut off as she was suddenly pulled off by a woman, which might have been pretty dangerous if it was a hostile one. Fortunately she seemed to just be trying to help herself and Aqua, but Megumin wasn't actually injured or anything. Being dragged off was still probably helpful in the end since with her Explosion already cast today she was completely useless, but she felt bad for taking up the woman's time.

tumblr_p3qqqdc2YF1vzca51o3_250.png

"Ah, I appreciate the help, but I'm okay now that you've dragged me over here. I'm not hurt or anything, just out of magical power," she said to the armored woman.

@Minerva @Ver

The soldier put his dagger down, but continued grabbing her. “You’ve doomed the entire city is what you did. We might not die from Valindra, but we’ll sure as hell starve to death!”

Sabine would pull him off the girl. “Not now, Lieutenant.” She said to him firmly. “This is NOT the time to turn on each other. You will be reprimanded when we return." There was another roaring sound above her. "We need to prepare."

"Fix a problem, make another..."

Clarisse held a serious expression as Sabine simmered the matter. She then turned to Sabine as the great roar echoed.

"Prepare for what?"

@Minerva

The soldier put his dagger down, but continued grabbing her. “You’ve doomed the entire city is what you did. We might not die from Valindra, but we’ll sure as hell starve to death!”

Sabine would pull him off the girl. “Not now, Lieutenant.” She said to him firmly. “This is NOT the time to turn on each other. You will be reprimanded when we return." There was another roaring sound above her. "We need to prepare."

"I can not say...[/COLOR=Red]" She said. "However, I saw a man run by, deeper inside, earlier, being followed by Nashers.[/COLOR=Red]" She gestured to the exit behind the statue.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

The zombies would scream in pain.

When you reached the upstairs, they would find a room filled with magic tomes. It completely surrounded the pillar of magic. A dark elf with white hair would look annoyed at everyone as they went upstairs.

latest

"What is it? Why are you disturbing my work?" The Dark elf asked, turning from his books. "How important is it that you needed to destroy my livelihood and work in saving these people?"

@Ottonomous Ghost @Archmage Jeremiah @Hahli Nuva @PlagueTowerTeam

As you would start running, several soldiers would perk up. "WE HAVE LIGHT!" One of them shouted. Several picked up their swords. "COME ON, MEN! LET'S FIGHT!" A commander shouted to several Mintarns as you passed.

Meanwhile, several monsters would attempt to block the way to the bonfire. A skeletal dragon roared and a Bone Golem raised their giant sword in an attempt to hit Arslan.

The skeletal dragon would scream in Kazuma's face before collapsing into bones. The other soldiers had the second dragon cornered, however, it was folding out its wings in an attempt to fly away.

@Kaykay

"!!" Arslan gasped, and faltered a bit in an attempt to slow down. He doubted trying to block with his blade would do much.

The Aspect couldn't help but smile, seeing the good this flame was bringing. Morale and confidence were boosted now, and it was clear that once the bonfire was lit, it would ignite the hearts of all around. Therefore, this flame needed to be guarded at all costs. And as these monsters came to assault it, it was now time to act.

"You vile creatures...I'll stop you dead in your tracks!" Darting in front of Arslan, Taric lifted his shield, Bastion, and attempted to block the attack. Offense would happen next, but he needed to defend Arslan first.

@Minerva @Takumi @RyuKeiko

Arslan was glad he slowed, otherwise he might of run into Taric.

Wendy smiled as the soldiers cheered and felt the general morale of the group seem to grow and improve. We really have to do this. She thought to herself. These people really need our help or els- Her mind was snapped back to the scene in front of her, as the roar of the skeletal dragon caught her off guard. It shook her to her core, before she balled her little fist together, and stared at the dragon and golem that went to attack Arslan, who held the torch we needed to protect with our lives. She saw Taric move quickly to defend him, holding up a shield he carried to deflect the blow. In that instant, she could practically hear Carla chiding her from above. Wendy! You are a Dragonslayer! This beast is what you were meant to fight! GO!

She moved quickly, rushing to Taric's side and standing as tall as her small frame would allow. "I can help! I can fight a beast like this!" She shouted out as she seem to inhale air around her. Her hair and clothing lifted and flowed around her, as if the wind specifically targeted her and blow them around, before she pursed her lips together, as if holding it all in. Beforelong, she balled her fist even tighter, before she tilted back and...
sky_dragons_roar_fairy_tail

View attachment 3588

"Sky Dragon... Roar!!!"
She shouted out, a blast of bellowing wind rushing from her mouth as it rocketed towards the skeletal dragon.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Takumi

Arslan, having no powers to speak of, once again found himself relying on others, even so he was at least grateful.

"Thank you both." He spoke up, and hopefully with their enemies out of the way for now their path was cleared. With that in mind he'd keep moving forward, keeping an eye out for anymore foes while trying to keep an eye on his current protectors as well.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko

image.gif

"I'm not done yet!" Kazuma exclaimed heatedly as he caught sight of the other dragon looking like it was trying to make its escape, swapping out Chunchunmaru for his bow and arrow. Without hesitation, he pulled his arrow and let it rip, firing it straight at the enemy creature with a resounding FWOOSH. His aim wasn't exceptional or anything, nor was it particularly bad, but even so, Kazuma moreso relied on his Luck stat to get him a critical hit if such a thing was feasible against the creature.

Clenching his fist tightly, he looked back at Megumin's earlier position, a confident grin on his features. "Did you see that, Megumin?! Aren't I the cooles--Hey where'd you go?!" He exclaimed, before eventually spying her again somewhere else entirely, "There you are! Did you crawl away for safety?! I could have just carried you off myself once I was done, y'know!"

Though, after what Kazuma had revealed about where his mind was when he'd carry her around, maybe that wasn't the best idea.

@Kaykay @Minerva

When you reached the upstairs, they would find a room filled with magic tomes. It completely surrounded the pillar of magic. A dark elf with white hair would look annoyed at everyone as they went upstairs.

latest

"What is it? Why are you disturbing my work?" The Dark elf asked, turning from his books. "How important is it that you needed to destroy my livelihood and work in saving these people?"

Lucina pointed the sharp end of Falchion at the mage, glare hidden behind her mask.

Full_Attack_Marth_%28Masked%29.png

"That's enough lies from you! You are nothing more than a bane on this land and your crimes end here!"

Lucina wasn't sure what her allies were planning, but she knew she couldn't let the dark mage escape. Not this time.

For a moment, she was reminded of her old foe, Validar. He too used dark magic in an attempt to 'save' people when really he was just serving his so called god and himself.

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Plauge Tower Team

latest

Hustling up the stairs close behind everyone else, Poppy clobbered the leftover zombie here and there before finally meeting the man behind the madness. Lips pouted and eyes scowling, she stepped ahead of the pack. "Everyone, hold!" Poppy commanded with an arm outstretched, signalling the group to stay their weapons, "We're here with Sergeant Knox, and he has reason to believe you have valuable information," she began very sternly, keen on sticking to Demacian procedure, "Nobody needs to get hurt, and nothing needs to be destroyed if you come with us peacefully,"

@Minerva

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

Ryze gave Rhazzad a strange look as the elf described his actions as 'saving people.' Eventually, he scowled. "You know nothing of saving people," he muttered with contempt, and rightfully so. The Rune Mage had the entire world resting on his shoulders, and to him, this third-rate sorcerer was like a child dangerously playing with fire.

At least Rhazzad was reasonable enough to not attack right off the bat, though. That was the only ounce of respect he deserved right now. With luck, Ryze and his allies could settle this matter peacefully. That would be a pleasant change from the usual fight-to-the-death.
Hustling up the stairs close behind everyone else, Poppy clobbered the leftover zombie here and there before finally meeting the man behind the madness. Lips pouted and eyes scowling, she stepped ahead of the pack. "Everyone, hold!" Poppy commanded with an arm outstretched, signalling the group to stay their weapons, "We're here with Sergeant Knox, and he has reason to believe you have valuable information," she began very sternly, keen on sticking to Demacian procedure, "Nobody needs to get hurt, and nothing needs to be destroyed if you come with us peacefully,"

As Poppy lead the conversation and posed the all-too-familiar request of 'surrender, please,' Ryze kept magic flowing through his right arm in case anything happened. "I'm not here to have a debate on ethics, Rhazzad, but I will say this. Sometimes letting people die is the only solution. I know that better than anyone," he said, remembering the village he had forsaken in the frozen wastes of the Freljord.

"Just give it up. You won't win this."

"I can not say...[/COLOR=Red]" She said. "However, I saw a man run by, deeper inside, earlier, being followed by Nashers.[/COLOR=Red]" She gestured to the exit behind the statue.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies

latest

As you would start running, several soldiers would perk up. "WE HAVE LIGHT!" One of them shouted. Several picked up their swords. "COME ON, MEN! LET'S FIGHT!" A commander shouted to several Mintarns as you passed.

Meanwhile, several monsters would attempt to block the way to the bonfire. A skeletal dragon roared and a Bone Golem raised their giant sword in an attempt to hit Arslan.

The skeletal dragon would scream in Kazuma's face before collapsing into bones. The other soldiers had the second dragon cornered, however, it was folding out its wings in an attempt to fly away.

@Kaykay
Elizia
@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Minerva
@Hall of Justice

Elizia nodded a more serious expression on her face realizing that Otus might very well be in grave danger, since she doubted all of the Nashers had stayed behind to fight the skeletons lurking in this place.

"Then, let us make haste. I will not force you to join us... But I swore I would help bring Otus back, alive." She said.

Though, just before she turned to head off in the direction Shanalotte mentioned she had seen a man run; deeper into the vaults, she stopped for a moment, taking a few precious seconds to introduce herself.

"By the way. Call me Elizia... Just Elizia. It was nice meeting you, Shanalotte." She added, managing a friendly smile in spite of the circumstances.

And then, it was gone, with Elizia turning her attention back towards her quest at hand, preparing to head further down into the vault, her adamant scimitars drawn, as she prepared for what she perceived might be more enemies.​

The Aspect couldn't help but smile, seeing the good this flame was bringing. Morale and confidence were boosted now, and it was clear that once the bonfire was lit, it would ignite the hearts of all around. Therefore, this flame needed to be guarded at all costs. And as these monsters came to assault it, it was now time to act.

"You vile creatures...I'll stop you dead in your tracks!" Darting in front of Arslan, Taric lifted his shield, Bastion, and attempted to block the attack. Offense would happen next, but he needed to defend Arslan first.

@Minerva @Takumi @RyuKeiko
Wendy smiled as the soldiers cheered and felt the general morale of the group seem to grow and improve. We really have to do this. She thought to herself. These people really need our help or els- Her mind was snapped back to the scene in front of her, as the roar of the skeletal dragon caught her off guard. It shook her to her core, before she balled her little fist together, and stared at the dragon and golem that went to attack Arslan, who held the torch we needed to protect with our lives. She saw Taric move quickly to defend him, holding up a shield he carried to deflect the blow. In that instant, she could practically hear Carla chiding her from above. Wendy! You are a Dragonslayer! This beast is what you were meant to fight! GO!

She moved quickly, rushing to Taric's side and standing as tall as her small frame would allow. "I can help! I can fight a beast like this!" She shouted out as she seem to inhale air around her. Her hair and clothing lifted and flowed around her, as if the wind specifically targeted her and blow them around, before she pursed her lips together, as if holding it all in. Beforelong, she balled her fist even tighter, before she tilted back and...
sky_dragons_roar_fairy_tail

View attachment 3588

"Sky Dragon... Roar!!!"
She shouted out, a blast of bellowing wind rushing from her mouth as it rocketed towards the skeletal dragon.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @Takumi
"!!" Arslan gasped, and faltered a bit in an attempt to slow down. He doubted trying to block with his blade would do much.

Arslan was glad he slowed, otherwise he might of run into Taric.

Arslan, having no powers to speak of, once again found himself relying on others, even so he was at least grateful.

"Thank you both." He spoke up, and hopefully with their enemies out of the way for now their path was cleared. With that in mind he'd keep moving forward, keeping an eye out for anymore foes while trying to keep an eye on his current protectors as well.

@Minerva @Yun Lee @RyuKeiko

The skeleton dragon would clatter to the ground, and the Bone Golem fall to its knees. However, as it fell, it tossed its large sword towards Arslan letting out a large shout as it did so.

@Takumi

"Fix a problem, make another..."

Clarisse held a serious expression as Sabine simmered the matter. She then turned to Sabine as the great roar echoed.

"Prepare for what?"

@Minerva

A large roar could be heard from behind where the enemy lines were located. In the distance, a female figure could be seen, barely hidden by the smoke and fog in the area. It gestured its arms, and raised a staff. Another ground rumbling could be felt.

Sabine only said one word.

"Dracolich."

Elizia
@Gummi Bunnies @Jeremi @Minerva
@Hall of Justice

Elizia nodded a more serious expression on her face realizing that Otus might very well be in grave danger, since she doubted all of the Nashers had stayed behind to fight the skeletons lurking in this place.

"Then, let us make haste. I will not force you to join us... But I swore I would help bring Otus back, alive." She said.

Though, just before she turned to head off in the direction Shanalotte mentioned she had seen a man run; deeper into the vaults, she stopped for a moment, taking a few precious seconds to introduce herself.

"By the way. Call me Elizia... Just Elizia. It was nice meeting you, Shanalotte." She added, managing a friendly smile in spite of the circumstances.

And then, it was gone, with Elizia turning her attention back towards her quest at hand, preparing to head further down into the vault, her adamant scimitars drawn, as she prepared for what she perceived might be more enemies.

"And you as well, Elizia." She said.

Shanalotte would follow behind you all, staying back, however. When you entered the next room, it was much of the same. Suits of Armor stood at the edge of this room, and an altar stood in the center. The Nashers who ran this way were nowhere to be seen, however, there was a young man in Neverwinter guard armor clutching a wound on his shoulder and his chest slumped against the altar.

He looked up as everyone entered the room. "The Nashers, they have the crown." He gestured and shouted. He winced in pain.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

Lucina pointed the sharp end of Falchion at the mage, glare hidden behind her mask.

Full_Attack_Marth_%28Masked%29.png

"That's enough lies from you! You are nothing more than a bane on this land and your crimes end here!"

Lucina wasn't sure what her allies were planning, but she knew she couldn't let the dark mage escape. Not this time.

For a moment, she was reminded of her old foe, Validar. He too used dark magic in an attempt to 'save' people when really he was just serving his so called god and himself.

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Archmage Jeremiah @Plauge Tower Team

@Minerva

Ryze
proxy.php

@Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

Ryze gave Rhazzad a strange look as the elf described his actions as 'saving people.' Eventually, he scowled. "You know nothing of saving people," he muttered with contempt, and rightfully so. The Rune Mage had the entire world resting on his shoulders, and to him, this third-rate sorcerer was like a child dangerously playing with fire.

At least Rhazzad was reasonable enough to not attack right off the bat, though. That was the only ounce of respect he deserved right now. With luck, Ryze and his allies could settle this matter peacefully. That would be a pleasant change from the usual fight-to-the-death.

As Poppy lead the conversation and posed the all-too-familiar request of 'surrender, please,' Ryze kept magic flowing through his right arm in case anything happened. "I'm not here to have a debate on ethics, Rhazzad, but I will say this. Sometimes letting people die is the only solution. I know that better than anyone," he said, remembering the village he had forsaken in the frozen wastes of the Freljord.

"Just give it up. You won't win this."

The mage sighed. "You're right, I can't," He said. He picked up a book on the table and held it up. "Right here is everything I have on the Spellplague and Planar Travel." He would then gesture his arm, throwing it into the portal of magical energy. "No mortal can stop my ascent to Godhood! Can't you see?! I'm on the verge here!" His clothes would begin to tear and his speech became slurred. "DO YOU NOT SEE?!" He soon turned into a giant blue monster.

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT@Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

"It is the greatest attack magic known to man! And haven't I always said, I have no interest in other types of ma- wah!"

Megumin was cut off as she was suddenly pulled off by a woman, which might have been pretty dangerous if it was a hostile one. Fortunately she seemed to just be trying to help herself and Aqua, but Megumin wasn't actually injured or anything. Being dragged off was still probably helpful in the end since with her Explosion already cast today she was completely useless, but she felt bad for taking up the woman's time.

tumblr_p3qqqdc2YF1vzca51o3_250.png

"Ah, I appreciate the help, but I'm okay now that you've dragged me over here. I'm not hurt or anything, just out of magical power," she said to the armored woman.

@Minerva @Ver
image.gif

"I'm not done yet!" Kazuma exclaimed heatedly as he caught sight of the other dragon looking like it was trying to make its escape, swapping out Chunchunmaru for his bow and arrow. Without hesitation, he pulled his arrow and let it rip, firing it straight at the enemy creature with a resounding FWOOSH. His aim wasn't exceptional or anything, nor was it particularly bad, but even so, Kazuma moreso relied on his Luck stat to get him a critical hit if such a thing was feasible against the creature.

Clenching his fist tightly, he looked back at Megumin's earlier position, a confident grin on his features. "Did you see that, Megumin?! Aren't I the cooles--Hey where'd you go?!" He exclaimed, before eventually spying her again somewhere else entirely, "There you are! Did you crawl away for safety?! I could have just carried you off myself once I was done, y'know!"

Though, after what Kazuma had revealed about where his mind was when he'd carry her around, maybe that wasn't the best idea.

@Kaykay @Minerva

The Dragon would collapse into dust, and the Paladin would look at you all. "You did very well. Thank you for the assistance." She said with a serious nod. "It seems the invasion has stopped for now."​

The skeleton dragon would clatter to the ground, and the Bone Golem fall to its knees. However, as it fell, it tossed its large sword towards Arslan letting out a large shout as it did so.

@Takumi

A large roar could be heard from behind where the enemy lines were located. In the distance, a female figure could be seen, barely hidden by the smoke and fog in the area. It gestured its arms, and raised a staff. Another ground rumbling could be felt.

Sabine only said one word.

"Dracolich."

"And you as well, Elizia." She said.

Shanalotte would follow behind you all, staying back, however. When you entered the next room, it was much of the same. Suits of Armor stood at the edge of this room, and an altar stood in the center. The Nashers who ran this way were nowhere to be seen, however, there was a young man in Neverwinter guard armor clutching a wound on his shoulder and his chest slumped against the altar.

He looked up as everyone entered the room. "The Nashers, they have the crown." He gestured and shouted. He winced in pain.

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky

The mage sighed. "You're right, I can't," He said. He picked up a book on the table and held it up. "Right here is everything I have on the Spellplague and Planar Travel." He would then gesture his arm, throwing it into the portal of magical energy. "No mortal can stop my ascent to Godhood! Can't you see?! I'm on the verge here!" His clothes would begin to tear and his speech became slurred. "DO YOU NOT SEE?!" He soon turned into a giant blue monster.

The Dragon would collapse into dust, and the Paladin would look at you all. "You did very well. Thank you for the assistance." She said with a serious nod. "It seems the invasion has stopped for now."​

"Oh you're hurt pretty bad..."
Scorpia leaned down and gave the guard a look over. "I guess them having the crown is a bad thing? Do you want us to go after them or..." She motioned to the wound on his shoulder. "Help you?" This all seemed very time sensitive so Scorpia figured it was at least polite to ask if he needed help.

@Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Lucky @York

❝ Oh no, that's truly terrible! Such vile fiends, they will know the wrongs of their crimes. ❞ Merlin expressed shock at the development. Well, that's no good at all. But hey, it was a plus that they've found the person they were sent to search for, but it was bad that he was fairly wounded nonetheless.

❝ It's decided then, we'll make haste after the Crown thieves that the Nashers are making themselves to be! Come now, I'll dig into my magecraft-filled head and whip up a healing spell for you, Otus I presume? ❞ Despite the whole situation, Merlin declared this with a cheery smile, generating some magical energy into his staff. That was, unless someone wanted to save Merlin the trouble of healing.

@Minerva @Jeremi @Lucky @York

At the mere flick of Rhazzad's wrist, Poppy's eyes flung open and her ears shot up on high alert. Without another spoken word, the yordle shot into action, dauntlessly rushing Rhazzad head-on. Even as he grew in size and strength, Poppy remained unfazed in her blitz, body-checking Rhazzad into the shelves behind him with the full weight of her bulky armour behind the tackle, and subsequently bringing her hammer down to unleash a golden shockwave of righteous power upon him.

@Minerva

View attachment 3589

"All in a day's work, miss!" Kazuma exclaimed to the woman with a thumbs up and a cocky demeanor, as though pleased with things finally going his way for once. If things were just gonna be like this, why even carry Aqua around? Heck, he seemed to be doing fine with Darkness still nowhere in sight. But Megumin... Well, speaking of her.

"Oi, Megumin, get up! You're embarrassing me in front of the knight! Or... paladin?" He exclaimed, looking at the downed Crimson Demon and gingerly beginning to pick her up off the ground.

"You too, Aqua!"

He didn't do anything to help Aqua though.

@Minerva @Kaykay

LnvORyp.jpg

"Ka-Kazuma! You know I can't stand up after casting Explosion! Why are you in such a rush to look good in front of the paladin here anyway?! You don't try this hard with Darkness around!"

Megumin frantically protested Kazuma's hustling for her to get up, but accepted his help anyway as she slowly made her way up into a standing position. If resting pretty much her entire body weight on Kazuma counted as standing, anyway.

"And by the way, I didn't crawl over here myself. I couldn't do that anyway. The woman with the crescent moon armor pulled me over here," she added more calmly as she managed to at least be upright.

@Minerva @Ver

"I don't do it for Darkness because there's no point! Besides, I at least have enough dignity to not act so formal around a perverted maniac like her, even if that's what she'd prefer! For the people from around this place though, it's only basic etiquette! Especially if we're gonna be in a... y'know, mutually beneficial working relationship," Kazuma said to Megumin, clenching his free fist and rubbing his index finger against his thumb idly, thinking back to the potential reward of slaying the lich that was apparently terrorizing this land.

"In any case, I guess it's a good thing that they managed to pull you away then. My plan was actually just letting you cast Explosion and then I'd immediately run off with you on my back, but then those dragons got in the way."

"The offer to ride on my back is still open, by the way. I couldn't possibly imagine the challenges of being an Explosion caster, after all."

@Kaykay @Minerva

Last edited:

The Rune Mage was almost relieved after Rhazzad gave up, but he had a feeling that the man was hiding something, so he remained on guard. However, when he mentioned 'Planar Travel,' Ryze turned his gaze to the book. The key to getting out of here was just seconds away. If he could sprint fast enough, or maybe shoot it out of his hand--

"Damn it! Do you have any idea of what you've just done?" Ryze yelled out as the book was transported to an unknown location, his face wrinkling in anger. "I needed that! I've already wasted enough time here as it is!" Soon after, Rhazzad gave the same speech that Ryze had heard at least a thousand times before. This was no different from trying to take a World Rune away from somebody. "Fine. Let's have it, then!" he exclaimed, focusing his conserved mana for a longer time than usual. The runic tattoos all over his body illuminated brightly, and soon even his eyes emanated power.

giphy.gif

At the mere flick of Rhazzad's wrist, Poppy's eyes flung open and her ears shot up on high alert. Without another spoken word, the yordle shot into action, dauntlessly rushing Rhazzad head-on. Even as he grew in size and strength, Poppy remained unfazed in her blitz, body-checking Rhazzad into the shelves behind him with the full weight of her bulky armour behind the tackle, and subsequently bringing her hammer down to unleash a golden shockwave of righteous power upon him.

Despite Poppy's incredible action, Ryze was too busy focusing on his spell to really give it attention. In fact, right when he was about to cast it, he quickly shouted, "Brace!" in an attempt to give the yordle some warning before the explosion of energy. This was one of the reasons why he preferred to work alone.

ISKMWhq.png

"This may burn," The archmage deadpanned, releasing the harnessed magic toward Rhazzad with no regard to mercy.​

"Is that how it is? As expected of Kazuma, at least when it comes to trying to make money you do make some sense..."

Megumin replied with a thoughtful tone. As long as he was poor, he would definitely do what needed to be done to get the rewards from warding the onslaught off. Kazuma was pretty hardworking when trying to get what he wanted, surprisingly. But speaking of things he wanted...

"Fufufu, I am glad that you're finally recognizing my genius, and I am tired after using my Explosion magic, so I think I'll take you up on that offer."

She smiled serenely, but at the same time her crimson eyes began to glow.

"But you know, if I feel you do anything weird, I will cast my Explosion magic again as soon as I get my mana back."

@Ver @Minerva

"Oh you're hurt pretty bad..." Scorpia leaned down and gave the guard a look over. "I guess them having the crown is a bad thing? Do you want us to go after them or..." She motioned to the wound on his shoulder. "Help you?" This all seemed very time sensitive so Scorpia figured it was at least polite to ask if he needed help.

❝ Oh no, that's truly terrible! Such vile fiends, they will know the wrongs of their crimes. ❞ Merlin expressed shock at the development. Well, that's no good at all. But hey, it was a plus that they've found the person they were sent to search for, but it was bad that he was fairly wounded nonetheless.

❝ It's decided then, we'll make haste after the Crown thieves that the Nashers are making themselves to be! Come now, I'll dig into my magecraft-filled head and whip up a healing spell for you, Otus I presume? ❞ Despite the whole situation, Merlin declared this with a cheery smile, generating some magical energy into his staff. That was, unless someone wanted to save Merlin the trouble of healing.

@Minerva @Jeremi @Lucky @York

"I'll be fine." He said, wincing in pain. He moved his arm slightly to cover it up. He nodded towards Merlin. "Indeed." He said cringing. "Wish we could've met under better circumstances."

@York @Lucky

@Minerva

Ryze
proxy.php

@Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hahli Nuva @Plague Tower

The Rune Mage was almost relieved after Rhazzad gave up, but he had a feeling that the man was hiding something, so he remained on guard. However, when he mentioned 'Planar Travel,' Ryze turned his gaze to the book. The key to getting out of here was just seconds away. If he could sprint fast enough, or maybe shoot it out of his hand--

"Damn it! Do you have any idea of what you've just done?" Ryze yelled out as the book was transported to an unknown location, his face wrinkling in anger. "I needed that! I've already wasted enough time here as it is!" Soon after, Rhazzad gave the same speech that Ryze had heard at least a thousand times before. This was no different from trying to take a World Rune away from somebody. "Fine. Let's have it, then!" he exclaimed, focusing his conserved mana for a longer time than usual. The runic tattoos all over his body illuminated brightly, and soon even his eyes emanated power.

giphy.gif

Despite Poppy's incredible action, Ryze was too busy focusing on his spell to really give it attention. In fact, right when he was about to cast it, he quickly shouted, "Brace!" in an attempt to give the yordle some warning before the explosion of energy. This was one of the reasons why he preferred to work alone.

ISKMWhq.png

"This may burn," The archmage deadpanned, releasing the harnessed magic toward Rhazzad with no regard to mercy.

Rhazzad screamed in pain as he was slammed against the wall and hit with a magic ball. "Y-YOU FOOLS!" He said. "I'm.... INVINCIBLE!" His face started morphing, becoming less human (Well, for an elf) and angrier. He started growing in strength as tentacles came out of him. His robes began to age and tear, and his form looked different.

latest

He began counterspelling towards Rhazzad, sending a large burst of energy towards him.

Meanwhile several of the zombies from earlier would crawl in through the window.

@Hahli Nuva @CrunchyCHEEZIT

View attachment 3589

"All in a day's work, miss!" Kazuma exclaimed to the woman with a thumbs up and a cocky demeanor, as though pleased with things finally going his way for once. If things were just gonna be like this, why even carry Aqua around? Heck, he seemed to be doing fine with Darkness still nowhere in sight. But Megumin... Well, speaking of her.

"Oi, Megumin, get up! You're embarrassing me in front of the knight! Or... paladin?" He exclaimed, looking at the downed Crimson Demon and gingerly beginning to pick her up off the ground.

"You too, Aqua!"

He didn't do anything to help Aqua though.

@Minerva @Kaykay
LnvORyp.jpg

"Ka-Kazuma! You know I can't stand up after casting Explosion! Why are you in such a rush to look good in front of the paladin here anyway?! You don't try this hard with Darkness around!"

Megumin frantically protested Kazuma's hustling for her to get up, but accepted his help anyway as she slowly made her way up into a standing position. If resting pretty much her entire body weight on Kazuma counted as standing, anyway.

"And by the way, I didn't crawl over here myself. I couldn't do that anyway. The woman with the crescent moon armor pulled me over here," she added more calmly as she managed to at least be upright.

@Minerva @Ver
"I don't do it for Darkness because there's no point! Besides, I at least have enough dignity to not act so formal around a perverted maniac like her, even if that's what she'd prefer! For the people from around this place though, it's only basic etiquette! Especially if we're gonna be in a... y'know, mutually beneficial working relationship," Kazuma said to Megumin, clenching his free fist and rubbing his index finger against his thumb idly, thinking back to the potential reward of slaying the lich that was apparently terrorizing this land.

"In any case, I guess it's a good thing that they managed to pull you away then. My plan was actually just letting you cast Explosion and then I'd immediately run off with you on my back, but then those dragons got in the way."

"The offer to ride on my back is still open, by the way. I couldn't possibly imagine the challenges of being an Explosion caster, after all."

@Kaykay @Minerva
"Is that how it is? As expected of Kazuma, at least when it comes to trying to make money you do make some sense..."

Megumin replied with a thoughtful tone. As long as he was poor, he would definitely do what needed to be done to get the rewards from warding the onslaught off. Kazuma was pretty hardworking when trying to get what he wanted, surprisingly. But speaking of things he wanted...

"Fufufu, I am glad that you're finally recognizing my genius, and I am tired after using my Explosion magic, so I think I'll take you up on that offer."

She smiled serenely, but at the same time her crimson eyes began to glow.

"But you know, if I feel you do anything weird, I will cast my Explosion magic again as soon as I get my mana back."

@Ver @Minerva

The cleric of Corellon would nod as she was mentioned. The soldiers around proceeded to calm down as it seemed the onslaught was over.

The paladin would walk over to the group, including Aqua, who was collapsed on the ground muttering "Good nice dragon..."

"Thank you for the assistance." She said. "I need to make a report to General Sabine."​

"I'll be fine." He said, wincing in pain. He moved his arm slightly to cover it up. He nodded towards Merlin. "Indeed." He said cringing. "Wish we could've met under better circumstances."

@York @Lucky

Rhazzad screamed in pain as he was slammed against the wall and hit with a magic ball. "Y-YOU FOOLS!" He said. "I'm.... INVINCIBLE!" His face started morphing, becoming less human (Well, for an elf) and angrier. He started growing in strength as tentacles came out of him. His robes began to age and tear, and his form looked different.

latest

He began counterspelling towards Rhazzad, sending a large burst of energy towards him.

Meanwhile several of the zombies from earlier would crawl in through the window.

The cleric of Corellon would nod as she was mentioned. The soldiers around proceeded to calm down as it seemed the onslaught was over.

The paladin would walk over to the group, including Aqua, who was collapsed on the ground muttering "Good nice dragon..."

"Thank you for the assistance." She said. "I need to make a report to General Sabine."​

"No, you really do not look okay,"
Scorpia had an eye for that sort of thing. "Hey, didn't we grab some bottles earlier? Maybe they can help? I'd feel pretty bad leaving this fella behind when we go looking for the crown."

latest

Lucina wasn't shocked by the mage's transformation. Monsters in her world were a usual occurence. She kicked the nearest zombie back out the window and focused her attention on Rhazzad, Falchion gleaming in the light.

This beast would not surive fo rlong with a well aimed Critical Hit.

Lucina drew her arm back and launched herself forwards, channeling her energy into a single strike aimed right for the creature's midsection. If it connected, surely the beast would suffer immense damage and be slashed in two.

@Ottonomous Ghost @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Plauge Tower Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back