"One Piece | Redux Romance" (What-If/AU Idea(s)) (HELP NEEDED)

Squidward Uchiha

Squid Style: Clarinet Jutsu
I've been battling some writer's block for a bit and that's because I'm trying to think up a fanfiction based One Piece RP called "Redux Romance" and although I do have some ideas going in my head, none of them link up to form a concrete premise.

What I mean is, as the title implies, I am trying to make a One Piece RP that takes place in a what-if/AU scenario and I'm been trying to rattle around the finer details of how everything makes sense after the point in time where the what-if/AU takes place in the original series. I've been trying to seek out fellow One Piece fans to converse, both on and off this forum, but I haven't found much luck.

So without further ado, let me just gather my ramblings and present them to you in text. I'll put them in spoiler tags to save on length as well as not ruin the story for any of the uninitiated to the OP franchise:

During the Battle of Marineford, Monkey D. Luffy and his team invade in order to save Portgas D. Ace from being executed. The usual events of the battle occur... except right near the end where instead of Admiral Akainu killing Ace after he tries to protect Luffy, the roles are reversed. Luffy dies, Ace lives, Whitebeard still dies, the Straw Hats are left without a captain, and the rest of the OP world is left to deal with the results of these changes. From here, the story would also revolve around another pirate crew i.e. me and a set of players in order to fill Luffy's place in the story with the other characters still actively participating as well.

Set way way back before the series begins, Garp's influence on Luffy becomes so strong that the yougn boy actually does become goaded into becoming a Marine like Garp wanted, while Ace is still left to become a pirate and Sabo's fate is also unchanged, leading him to become a revolutionary, spinning into a tale about three brothers in three different major factions of the OP world and how they will all co-exist with one another. I especially wanted to see how Luffy becoming a Marine would affect the fate of the Straw Hats as well as all the exploits they caused or got involved with would change as well.

So if you're a One Piece fan out there and anything I wrote made sense to you, please feel free to speak up. I could use the help. xD

Last edited:
Back