OOC: General info

N0X

"Slavering, bloodthirsty hordes of infested humans almost took over the world. But the pandemic that once threatened to consume humanity whole has been halted, with the source of the infection found and a cure created. However, humanity remains on its knees as the cure became patented and privatized by the elite. Thus, recovering and rebuilding has been a painstakingly slow process for survivors, many of which were left stranded, locked down in towns and cities declared too doomed to save. But when there's a will, there's a way. Other nations have come together to create their own cures, with zombies developing complications as they were experimented on. It was too little too late, as the mutation went unrecognized by scientists, and the vaccines were sent out. There have been reports of new, small outbreaks of metazombies with unnatural abilities and superpowers within the vaccinated, with 1% of "cured" humans retaining some of these abilities for themselves, as well."

Hey, guys! This is just a random idea I came up with, today. Some of you expressed interest in this on the chat, so I wanted to go ahead and see where it goes. Thoughts, questions, comments, or smart remarks are welcome. If anyone's interested in partnering up to run this, that would be awesome! NOTE: SURVIVORS WANTED

TIMELINE:
SETTING: No Man’s Land (EX-USA)
META:
  1. A Metahuman is a “human” zombie that retain their personality and intelligence.
  2. A Metazombie is any zombie with supernatural abilities.
ZOMBIE TYPES:
  • Walker: Generic Zombie.
  • Runner: Zombies with the ability to run at full sprint, but with less durability than the generic zombie.
  • Crawlers: Zombies disabled in their lower bodies and cannot walk or run. They’re harder to spot due to their low profile.
  • Ghoul: Surviving Zombies of an attempted annihilation by a nuclear blast. They spread nuclear radiation.
  • Screamers: Zombies with an ear-piercing wail that can attract the attention of other nearby zombies. The scream can easily stun survivors and leave their ears ringing.
  • Bonies: What a zombie becomes when most of the flesh has rotted from the initial corpse.
  • Pukers: Zombies that puke toxic and caustic liquid. The range of the vomit depends on the type of zombie, from just being able to vomit off a roof below to a massive range. Vomit tends not to do any damage, it's primary function is to infect if it is not dealt with quickly.
  • Stalkers: A very feral quadrupedal zombie that are hard to hit, as they are almost as fast as Runners.
  • Bombers: Zombies that can either willingly explode on their target or explode when shot or attacked with a melee weapon.
  • Brutes: Zombies strong enough to throw cars and even rip chunks of concrete out of the ground to kill survivors.
FACTIONS:ORGANIZATIONS:

• Survivors/Civilians
  • Scientists
  • Politicians
  • Military
  • Mercenaries
  • Vagabonds
  • OTHER
  • US Military
    • Army, Navy, Airforce
  • Homeland Security
  • Texas Military Forces
    • Texas Army National Guard
    • Texas Air National Guard
    • Texas State Guard
  • The Patriots (Militia)
  • Bad Wolves (Militia)
  • M.A.R.S. (Mercenaries, Assassins, & Renegades Squad)
  • (OTHER)

Last edited:
Here's a list of top cities best suited to surviving a zombie apocalypse. Your characters don't have to be from these cities, but most likely will have escaped to one of these or traveled between them and vice versa for whatever reason.

1. Boston
  2. Salt Lake City
  3. Columbus
  4. Baltimore
  5. Virginia Beach, Virginia
  6. Seattle
  7. San Diego
  8. Kansas City, Missouri
  9. Denver
  10. Indianapolis
  11. Washington, D.C.
  12. Grand Rapids, Michigan
  13. Sacramento, California
  14. Richmond, Virginia
  15. Houston
These cities are the best defended via military or private contractors and therefore have the lowest levels of death by zombie (DBZ).
  1. Virginia Beach
  2. Atlanta
  3. Baltimore
  4. Washington, D.C.
  5. Kansas City
These cities had the best and biggest food bank/supply in the country prior to the pandemic. All other cities rely on them for the bulk of their food supply.
  1. Grand Rapids
  2. Columbus, Ohio
  3. Rochester, New York
  4. Memphis, Tennessee
  5. Buffalo, New York
Due to the fact that these cities had the vaccines and begun human trials first, they are most likely to have the most metahumans and metazombies.
  1. Boston
  2. San Francisco
  3. San Diego
  4. Indianapolis
  5. Baltimore
Sparsely populated metro areas with high construction are best suited for containment and therefore these cities are the most dangerous for civilians and survivors due to the high concentration of zombies. Note that these cities are most likely to have mild nuclear fallout.
  1. Denver, Colorado
  2. Houston, Texas
  3. Salt Lake City, Utah
  4. Seattle, Washington
  5. Detroit, Michigan

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzLzI0OGU0YmM5OTNlYTQ3OGYzZl9VU19IaWdod2F5XzUwX3dlc3Rib3VuZCxfV2VzdF9vZl9FdXJla2EsX05WLmpwZyJdLFsicCIsInRodW1iIiwiMTIwMHg-Il0sWyJwIiwiY29udmVydCIsIi1xdWFsaXR5IDgxIC1hdXRvLW9yaWVudCJdXQ

There are eleven cross-country routes across No Man's Land (USA). These are the roads that survivors used to flee and find safety wherever they could, as they were the most protected and defended by the military and connected the cities which would one day become the quarantine zones for future No Man's Landers. All other roads proved to be far too lethal to trek across, as they were plagued by throngs of infected people which would eventually transform into zombies.

Running coast-to-coast through the heart of America on a 3,200-mile odyssey from sea to shining sea, The Loneliest Road (US-50) passes through a dozen different states and four state capitals, as well as the nation’s capital, Washington DC, the most secure Quarantine Zone in No Man's Land. This road is the most well-traveled of them all due to its direct connection between each of the Quarantine Zones and is one of the few out of the main crossroads left which is still regulated by the military, although they are continuing to expand. This barren stretch of road offers almost nothing but sky and open fields, creating a true feeling of being isolated among the expanse. However, this loneliest road could also be considered the most serene, or tranquil, depending on perspective.

One would have to travel north from San Diego, California (QZ) six-hundred miles where the trail begins in San Francisco; only those foolish enough to attempt to take highway 15 to cut through Las Vegas will find a city swarming with undead. Along the route is the Sierra Nevada and the Appalachian and the Rocky Mountains, the endless farmlands of the Great Plains, and the desiccated deserts near Salt Lake City, Utah (QZ), Nevada, and Denver, Colorado (QZ). US-50 passes through hundreds of timeworn small towns, the great majority of which have survived despite the modern onslaught of zombies, although many of them are primarily run by mercenaries and vagabonds that would literally steal the very clothes off a survivor's back.

After bisecting Missouri from Kansas City (QZ) to St. Louis, US-50 crosses the Mississippi River through the deserted and barren agricultural heartlands of Illinois, Indianapolis, Indiana, (QZ), and Columbus, Ohio (QZ). After climbing into the Appalachian backwoods of West Virginia, US-50 emerges suddenly into downtown Washington DC (QZ) before passing through Baltimore (QZ) near Maryland’s Eastern Shore, then Northeast into Boston, Massachusets (QZ).

xx-l-20190519025958.jpg

Santangelo's is the safest and most popular trading post and rest stop for passersby on the Lonely Road.

From the entrance, Santangelo's opens to the Lounge Room with tables and chairs. The business is clean, as it is kept and maintained by Sandander's wife and daughter, who also serve the patrons. Anyone could tell it was once a truly fine establishment. Entering the Lounge Room, to the right is a Small Stage where there are often performances given by Santangelo's Angels, patrons, and anyone who asks. The piano is horribly out of tune. To the left of the entrance opens to the Main Bar, behind which Santangelo himself can be found selling alcohol, among other items. Behind the bar, is a door through which there is a Small Kitchen & Storage section with a refrigerator, stove, sink, and counter. Through the small kitchen & storage, there's a door that leads to the outside patio area.

Next to the door outside, is a staircase leading down into the establishment's Basement, which not only acts as storage but also as a clubhouse for Sandanter's Loyalists. To the left of the Main Bar, you can find a Hallway where there are Bathrooms that are kept running by Sandangelo's handyman sons to the left, and to the right, the door to a locked Private Room. To the right of the Main Bar, there is an open Staircase next which leads to the Second Floor, with a dozen rooms full of bunk beds for travelers and loyal patrons, with one of the rooms saved for "Santangelo's Angels".

As it is a Neutral Zone, the building is occupied by those from all walks of life; survivors, vagabonds, even the odd metahuman, but largely militiamen from well-known organizations such as the Patriots, Bad Wolves, and M.A.R.S. (Mercenaries, Assassins, & Renegades Squad). There may sometimes be found the wayward caravaneer. Guards can be found by the entrance and exits, and Scouts can be seen in an overlook on the roof, some of which are Sandander's relatives. No one is unarmed, and there are rules established for combat. Anyone who breaks the rules is at the mercy of Santander himself; nobody wants to be in that position.

The bar is a hot spot for raiders, which are frowned upon by all manner of civil organization. It is possible to get caught in a crossfire between the raiders and Santander's Loyalists. Fortunately, not many actual zombies can be seen in or around the area, as it is purposely kept zombie-free by Santander's men. There may be a stray metazombies or two near the area, however, as they are the only ones powerful enough to bypass Sandanter's men.
View attachment 11414
View attachment 11426METAHUMAN BAR LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.
METAHUMAN SAFE ZONE LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA.

Last edited:
Are we picking positions in "The Lonely Road" now or are you holding out until you have more threads set up?

Reactions: N0X
Are we picking positions in "The Lonely Road" now or are you holding out until you have more threads set up?
You're welcome to open a dialogue, it's more or less an open thread for you guys to start in.

The thread I made could be used for everyone's starters until their character ends up on US-50 which would then change the place you responded to the "The Lonely Road" thread. I hope that this is okay !! @The Speaker

There was stuff here about wondering how to get started. Removed it since it didn't actually seem helpful being here!

Last edited:
@AkiraDawn The Road to a Fresh Start it where you can post your characters on their journey to US-50 which is the road that'll take them to the QZ, but if your characters start in a QZ then you can make threads labeled "City Name QZ". The city names from QZ are in The Lonely Road which is where I assume our characters will interact.

All that being said, I am not in charge of this rp at all, and I don't know how @The Speaker plans to get things going. However, from the few questions I asked it seems we need to start ourselves.

There was stuff here about wondering how to get started. Removed it since it didn't actually seem helpful being here!
Apologies for the delay! I've been pre-occupied with job hunting and helping my parents move. Busy, busy!
But, yes, as @nico said, this thread is specifically for the purpose of plotting with each other. Starting an open thread as nico did or jump into an already existing one is a good way to start. I will be guiding the plot through different encounters aimed at guiding your characters to the Lonely Road. From the Lonely Road, the characters will be experiencing a series of obstacles. I think one of the key things here is to befriend or interact with each other first to establish our cast. Since Nico began an open thread, I'll probably be joining his, too. :)

I have recently been considering leaving the site, so if you would like me to remove my IC posts in order to not create holes in the story let me know!!

I have recently been considering leaving the site, so if you would like me to remove my IC posts in order to not create holes in the story let me know!!
Sorry to hear that! Really enjoyed your writing. Yeah, avoiding holes in the story would be good. I was just about to post on your thread, myself. o_O If you ever plan on coming back, you're welcome to jump back in, anytime!

I can leave the thread up and my reply since I haven't really interacted with anyone if thats okay? If not I'll delete the post (:) (if it'll let me)

I can leave the thread up and my reply since I haven't really interacted with anyone if thats okay? If not I'll delete the post :)) (if it'll let me)
If you don't mind, I think it's best to move or delete it so if new people decide to join they don't get confused.

It won't let me delete the thread or the post, so I will just replace the text with "--" if that's okay

I hope my reply works where I put it. I thought since you set up shop in Chicago and created action, it would be pointless to restart my thread.

• Love
Just to make sure -- is there a post order in the IC threads or is it just a rule of not eliminating someone's ability to reply by going back and forth 1x1 ?

Edit: I noticed you used the @ which seems like a good way to keep track of stuff. Maybe only a rule about replies if characters are interacting then?

For clarification: All the chacaracters, including Jade, are being rounded up. It’s up to each character to decide whether they want to fight, or they want to run, or be captured. There’s the possibility of escape so long as it’s within their means. If captured, you may work together to survive! @nico @Spiraea

Back