[OOC] Nomadium - Sign-Ups and Character Sheets

Thanks Luna~~
I like the character a lot! I think she is the cutest thing ever as well c: However, we do already have a plant-based manipulator. Is this a super vital aspect of your character, in your opinion?

Name: Bartender (real name unknown)
Age: A gentleman never tells, but most assume mid to late thirties
Class: Bartender/Merchant
Appearance: Judging you

Personality:
The Nomad's favorite serviceman is as much a scholar as he is a mystery. Nobody is sure who exactly the bartender is, but it isn't like he's one for telling. Instead, he prefers knowing. If you ask the bartender for a little bit of help, he might be persuaded to give it to you. Whether its a rumor about a quest, or a secret that will help you befriend another hero, the Bartender knows secrets that not even the gods can hear. Supposedly.

Other than that, the Bartender is a refined man of great taste. He'll be willing to discuss most any matter with you, provided you want company and he's around. Be mindful though: He isn't a softie. If you mess up his bar, you will feel his wrath.

Magic Item or Ability:
Does he have one?
Weaknesses: Can't refuse to serve a drink, always in service to Nomads, doesn't fight
Bio: The Bartender is a mystery. He's been around as long as Tyner, perhaps even longer. Nobody knows who he is, where he's from, or where he goes when the bar closes.

@Southpaw : I just realized a bit ago, no it isn't super vital, I was just trying to add something a little bit more to her character, do you have any suggestions?

Hmm... the way I see it @Rae, Marigold is an element manipulator, kind of like Cato (my character), the only difference is that Cato manipulates wind while she manipulates earth. Although plants would make sense, we do already have a plant manipulator... I'm honestly out of original ideas. :p

If you want to go look into it though, you might find some ideas for your character here:
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Manipulation

Hmm... the way I see it @Rae, Marigold is an element manipulator, kind of like Cato (my character), the only difference is that Cato manipulates wind while she manipulates earth. Although plants would make sense, we do already have a plant manipulator... I'm honestly out of original ideas. :p

If you want to go look into it though, you might find some ideas for your character here:
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Earth_Manipulation
What about literal earth? Soil, sand, dust, small quantities of stone, etc.

Name: Daniel Shumaker
Class: Enchanter
Appearance: 5 feet 8 inches, pale skinned, rounded face, eyes that change color with his mood (normally blue), Thick brown shaggy hair that goes down to mid neck, and a thin goatee. He is slim built, and doesn't not have many physical aptitudes. He has high cheekbones, and if he would take off his shirt you could see his ribs (not super skinny just skinny enough to where you can see them). He has large hands and feet for his size, and has little body hair except for a small chin strap beard.
Personality: Daniel is an intelligent person, who tries to outsmart an opponent, because due to his physical characteristics, he would not win many battles of strength or endurance. Daniel is kind to others, and when he was younger he tried to see the best in others, which has unfortunately hurt him both physically and psychologically. Daniel does not trust people, and is paranoid of people, especially those who do not use magic.
Magic Item or Ability: Daniel's abilities allow him to enchant items that either help him increase battle potential, like turning a cotton shirt into a tough armor, or allows him to stay hidden (turning a cloak into an invisibility cloak) He can bolster an item to become almost anything, however he can not change the shape of the object, or use any elemental effects, like fire, ice, etc. He can also make boots be able to make the wearer jump hugher or run faster, which has come in handy, alot.
Weaknesses: Daniel is not physically apt, if he was ambushed, he might not have the time to protect himself with an enchantment, or to defend himself in any means, therefore even though he mistrusts people, he likes to travel with at least one other person.
Bio: At the age of fourteen Daniel received his power, he was walking though a nearby forest, he saw a weird glow on an old boot and being curious he touched it, soon after he was able to start enchanting objects, accidentally of course, (He made a glass mug bounce like a bouncy ball across the room by just touching it. When the mug fell over it bounced) However his father did not approve and would lock him away for months if he displayed any kind of magic. At 16 he ran away from home, He had to steal to eat, and he tried to fit in but could not, he was often beaten by boys his age he would run across, at 17 two boys nearly stoned him to death, luckily the town's mage that lived there saved his life, and took him in as an apprentice, unfortunately the Mage wanted Daniel to use his powers to hurt innocent people, so that the mages could live out in the open, but Daniel would not stand for that so at age 19 he was out on his own again. He walked into Calary just recently, and decided maybe he might fit it finally with other mages, maybe they weren't like his mentor, at least he hoped.
Additional info: N/A (at this time)

Last edited:
I think I might need to clarify a few things for the new people, as there seem to be a misconception. Mages do not discover their power, unless something has happened in their pre-natal stage, while they're in their mother's womb. No human is born with magic, because it is known that magic isn't meant for humans and it's rumored to be meant for the gods, and that's why it eats at their bodies and shortens their lifespan. There has to be a trigger, an event when your character made contact with a magic item, whether accidentally or intentionally, for them to develop magical abilities. At least, that's how I understand this universe.

I would like to give emphasis to this, as this is one aspect of Nomadium that can easily be ignored. The establishment of Magic as cancer and the threat it gives to humans is what makes this rp different from other fantasy guild rps, and to be frank, more interesting.

I hope I explained that properly. I'm not trying to be mean or anything okay, just clarifying stuff. And I know it may not be my place to say these stuff as I'm not the GM, but as a writer who is in love with this rp, I want to preserve its background. :D

Last edited:
@Revelree : Oh lordy, I mis-interpeted that in the story! I can edit again if that helps..

Ehehehe... whether you edit it or not, it's not my place to approve you, so... just sharing my insights! :D

@Southpaw, tagging you just in case you missed it, but we have two character sheets waiting for approval right here. :)

Appreciated, Rev!! Rae is accepted!

Casper, I like the app, but the power is currently pretty much being used already. Do you have any other ideas?

Name: Misha Ethis
Class: Artifact user? Infiltrator
Appearance: Unknown (She's perpetually invisible)

Magic Item or Ability: Invisibility Ring
Weaknesses: Physical battles, too many people

Bio: Misha grew up on a farm and learned at a young age to work hard and only ask good questions. She had a good childhood with loving parents and siblings, though they lived in constant fear of the mages. They lived in a secluded area, talking with other people just long enough to trade supplies.
When she was 14, a trusted peddler came up her road. Misha, while checking out his wares saw a beautiful necklace with a glowing gem that she absolutely had to have. After giving her entire life savings to him (a few gold coins) she attained the necklace.

The moment it dropped onto her neck, she was turned invisible and only the clothes she wore bore witness to her existence. No matter what she tried, the necklace refused to come off. Terrified she'd spread this curse to her precious family, she ran away, spending the next two years on the streets of various cities, searching for a way to get necklace off and restore her appearance. Rumors of Nomad's Rest has drawn her to its doors. She hopes to find a wizard here who can help her and not make things worse.

Personality: Misha is a hard-working lass, loyal to people she considers friends but typically nervous and wary around strangers. She's not afraid to stand up for herself or people she cares for, but avoids physical conflicts if she can help it. Before the incident with the necklace she obeyed all the rules and always did what she was told. But desperate times called for desperate measures and she often found herself resorting to stealing what she need. After all, who was going to help an invisible girl?

Additional info: Would Love to partner Misha with a Mentor/father/mother figure. Pm me if interested!

@Love2write Oh my, what if you're the ghost in Tyvin's current quest? That would be interesting. :D

I just imagine this character walking into the tavern and Cato being like: "Wait a second. Someone came in. Just now." And getting all weirded out.
Hmmmmmmm... Cato already has the younger kids around him, (speaking of which the younger characters are getting many, he would have more reason to be quite pissed, Tyner. xD) I would have loved to be your character's mentor. I think with his abilities, he might even "see" your character by judging at how the wind displaces around her. Cato is naturally fond of younger mages, though, so he might as well be every character below eighteen's older brother figure.

I hope you get accepted soon, and I'll look forward to seeing your posts. :)

I just imagine this character walking into the tavern and Cato being like: "Wait a second. Someone came in. Just now." And getting all weirded out.
Hmmmmmmm... Cato already has the younger kids around him, (speaking of which the younger characters are getting many, he would have more reason to be quite pissed, Tyner. xD) I would have loved to be your character's mentor. I think with his abilities, he might even "see" your character by judging at how the wind displaces around her. Cato is naturally fond of younger mages, though, so he might as well be every character below eighteen's older brother figure.

Tyvin would probably be the person to suggest putting a ghost costume on her (A.K.A a table cloth).

@Love2write Oh my, what if you're the ghost in Tyvin's current quest? That would be interesting. :D

I like it. From what i've read of Tyvin's character he seems really fun. I'm debating about what to do with the clothes situation and I'd love everyone's opinion. Should what she wear and touch disappear with her? Or should just her body be invisible (aka her clothes are visible but not her)? I know I wrote in her bio that her clothes were visible but I can easily change that. What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Back