[OOC] Side Story and 1x1 Plotting and Coordination

Atomic Knight

Bear With Me
The Convergence Series GM
If you want to start up some kind of RP in the Convergence universe but aren't sure who to ask or where to start, toss your idea into this thread so others can see and pitch in. Think of it almost as an Interest Check thread.

After the world as everyone knew ended, a new one began. Slowly but surely civilizations, while far from perfect, took form. People adapted to a world filled with the remnants of a society destroyed by war, be it by mutations, by banding together, or anything else imaginable really. Life changed and simply went on.

Below the surface of the ruined earth life went on in a different form, Vaults. The descendents of those who could afford these double edged swords survived just as well as those above, usually at least.

Sometimes though, there were others.

Groups of people who didn’t count on the mercy of capitalism to get in the Vaults, or on the fickle goddess known as luck to let them wake up one more day. These people made their own story.

One such group was a Japanese organization, funded by the Japanese government and given partial permission for their actions, these people saw the oncoming annihilation of the world and moved their headquarters to America, the northern east coast exactly. Their headquarters became a bunker, underground to protect it against storms and in a relatively tectonically stable location, this bunker became the home of scientists, guards, officials, and the group’s prized possession. A girl.

This girl was considered by those within this organization to be the Queen of a new species of humans. She was the “patient zero” of a virus that was planned to have been spread around the world. The organization's founder’s paranoia of nuclear war triggered the moving of the Queen to this bunker and, mere weeks after her situation in a new prison, days before Halloween, the bombs fell.

With a collapsed civilization, the idea of spreading the virus that was designed to collapse a society, not infect an already collapsed one was put on hold. Instead, work went into modifying the virus and the results of the virus to make it as potent as possible when finally introduced to society.

The virus worked by infected a human man, any children he would conceive would be carriers and transmitters of the virus and female. The virus would modify the girls in the womb by giving them unnatural hair and eye colors, a pair of small horns, and devastating telekinetic abilities. Known as Diclonii, the girls were named after a two horned dinosaur.

There was a problem though, when a Diclonius girl born of an infected father (known as a Silpelit) turned three, she developed a highly dangerous temper and near sadistic tendencies towards humans. Experimentation with Silpelits in a smaller space was dangerous, and after only a few years, it was decided to terminate all Silpelits and prevent infected men from reproducing.
The Queen herself was too valuable to be terminated as the entire bunker was built to house her, instead it was decided that she would be placed in cryogenic stasis, to be awoken every year or so to undergo a mental and physical exam before being frozen again. Eventually it was planned that once the radiation of the outside world faded enough, she would be made to bear children and spread the virus that way, as Silpelits were sterile.

The process worked for a long time, fitted with a collar that limited her own telekinetic abilities that were stronger than any Silpelit the Queen would be awoken for roughly a day giving her time to exercise a little and undergo limited therapy (she was unwilling for all of this and incredibly aggressive). After about two hundred years though, the Queen snapped completely and managed to escape her containment unit. She had never caused problems for the current personnel's ancestors and so security around her slowly waned. She stole a guard's uniform as she was only provided with a hospital gown, took a kitchen knife from the canteen, and, by threatening to cut her own throat, was able to walk out of the bunker into fresh air for the first time in two centuries.

Needless to say, the old young Queen known as Lucy wasn’t aware of what happened to the world. She is in for a big surprise.

So yeah… Fallout and Elfen Lied! Yaaaaay… I’ve only played Fallout 4 and so forgive me for bad lore. This isn’t lore friendly to either series but I wanted to do it so bad!

Originally I wanted to do a Resident Evil Elfen Lied crossover because that would make more sense but then I saw a mod that turned Liberty Prime into The Iron Giant and was like “Youtube as spoken! I need to have this prompt be for Fallout!”

Anyway, in this I would of course be playing as Lucy (or Kaede, in this she wouldn’t have had her head injury so I suppose she would identify with her birth name) who was abducted at a young age (about 11 or 12) by the Diclonius Research Facility. Since in this she would have started going into cryo sleep around 20 most of her clear memories would be within either her original facility or the bunker that she escaped from. This would mean that she really doesn’t have any social skills or common knowledge as an individual like, the Sole Survivor for instance, would have from just living in a normal society.

Lucy also is only really aggressive towards humans. She’d probably have some problems fighting any animal in the wasteland. That includes you know what’s. Somebody help this damaged child. She’d probably be confused with synths but get along with them and maybe be alright with ghouls or mutants, as long as she can convince the voice in her head that they aren’t fully human anymore.

For you I’d love for you to play as a canon Fallout 4 character who would be willing to try to help Lucy learn how to survive. Keep in mind what I said about humans, you’d probably want to go with someone who isn’t if you want them to keep their heads once she figures out how to remove her limiter collar. Maybe like Nick or Hancock?

Someone help this traumatized (the events with Aiko and the puppy still occurred in this timeline), skittish, deadly, easily impressed mutant with a first grade formal education tho pls. She really needs it.

@Okami I have actually played both The Lone Wanderer and the Sole Survivor. So, if you want anything for that, just let me know.

For the Record

44d631d99e24067c29af41882c99eac9.jpg

Originally a 1x1 plan with @Atomic Knight

The city of Kerberos is one of the largest cities on Ash. Built up from the ground, Kerberos became Ash's largest trade hub. It was ruled as a pultocracy by The Triumvirate, a group of three megacorporations who ruthlessly controlled industry, trade, and energy.

The city was split into three districts, each reflecting the nature of a Triumvirate corporation. Each person in the city does their jobs, and everything is peaceful. This makes Ash a thriving Multiversal hub, and Kerberos in particular a center of commerce for Ash. Beyond its stock floor, corporate headquarters, port with Icebreaker ships, and factories, it has Thermal Generators underground that provide power to the city as well as to the surrounding areas. Thus, Kerberos is a thriving hub of Ash, rivaling Kronos itself.

However, agents of The Archdemon have infiltrated Ash. Seeing its usefulness as a Forward Operating Base for the Coalition as well as its wealth and prosperity. They aim to see Ash destroyed.

And Kerberos is the perfect place to start.

"For the Record" explores how Ash came to be what it is in Ragnarok, several of the people responsible, and what influence that had on the rest of the multiverse.

Dramatis Personae:

Agent Mahiru Koizumi of the Cloak, chosen by the Coalition for her skill with a camera and ability to get the job done.

latest

The Board Member is a Cerberus Corporation contact who has brought the party together to perform jobs for him at the behest of an unknown sponsor of Cerberus.

male-silhouette-as-avatar-profile-picture-picture-id519078727

Whoever else is played

Inspirations:

Mirror's Edge
Shadowrun
Several other various things

Notes:

It would be easier on me if this remained a 1x1 rather than a full-on group Roleplay.

It will be in a frame narrative of a Coalition-UN Committee reviewing the files that have been recovered.

Any questions or want to try this, just ask me!​

Last edited:
Tomorrow Never Lies

A side-story that follows the events of Civil War, and the ramifications of its events for the UN.

"There's no news... like bad news!"

The Secretariat is about to explode.

Justice was never a black and white concept to her. But regardless, she'd always fought for what she believed to be right, even if everyone was against her, even if it wasn't the easiest thing to do. Justice, liberty, they were all ideals she wanted to strive toward, because she believed in a better humanity, a better tomorrow, for all.

She was the perfect idealist to crush using the weight of her own guilt.

TMLPremise.png

After the events of Civil War, which ended in the reveal of the presence of undercover Revanchist members within organizations such as the Coalition, the state of the United Universes has been put into disarray. With the Revanchist having leaked their own infiltration of multiversal organizations, as well as the darker details of the Coalition Civil War, public distrust of the Multiversal United Nations across the world of the Secretariat, as well as other in-the-know worlds such as Avalon and Wolfgorge, is at an all-time high, and it has fallen on the shoulders of Deputy Secretary-General Akane Tsunemori to provide assuage the done damage, especially after the resignation of her predecessor, Ritsuko Akagi, alongside her most trusted aides, Nobuchika Ginoza and Carth Onasi.

When a media mogul residing within the world in which the UN Headquarters is based, known as Elliot Carver, organizes campaigns gathering supporters at an alarming rate that advocates for the impeachment of the Office of the Secretary-General, Akane, along with a select group of other members of the UN, is forced to step in and confront Carver, but when they do, they find themselves entangled in a mysterious web of conspiracy darker than they'd imagined, and it is up to them to unmask the evil beneath the surface for the greater good, even if that greater good has forsaken them.

TNLNotes.png

So yeah, essentially, I intend for this to be a small group RP (ideally no more than 5, but we'll see how many people are interested, can also be a 1x1 if that's what I have to do). Preferably, all of the characters would be members of the United Nations in some form or other, and the intent for the narrative is to be a self-contained story. Feels weird to do a side story that isn't just foreshadowing for a future event, but essentially, this side story had been on my mind for a good year now, and I figured that I may as well finally put it up, especially since I figured we may as well explore the deeper consequences of Civil War ever since lore games have sort of taken a backseat for a bit.

If you have any questions concerning getting in on this, please feel free to ask away! I probably missed a bunch of details about what I wanted to say about this, so go ahead.​

Tomorrow Never Lies

A side-story that follows the events of Civil War, and the ramifications of its events for the UN.

Justice was never a black and white concept to her. But regardless, she'd always fought for what she believed to be right, even if everyone was against her, even if it wasn't the easiest thing to do. Justice, liberty, they were all ideals she wanted to strive toward, because she believed in a better humanity, a better tomorrow, for all.

TMLPremise.png

After the events of Civil War, which ended in the reveal of the presence of undercover Revanchist members within organizations such as the Coalition, the state of the United Universes has been put into disarray. With the Revanchist having leaked their own infiltration of multiversal organizations, as well as the darker details of the Coalition Civil War, public distrust of the Multiversal United Nations across the world of the Secretariat, as well as other in-the-know worlds such as Avalon and Wolfgorge, is at an all-time high, and it has fallen on the shoulders of Deputy Secretary-General Akane Tsunemori to provide assuage the done damage, especially after the resignation of her predecessor, Ritsuko Akagi, alongside her most trusted aides, Nobuchika Ginoza and Carth Onasi.

When a media mogul residing within the world in which the UN Headquarters is based, known as Elliot Carver, organizes campaigns gathering supporters at an alarming rate that advocates for the impeachment of the Office of the Secretary-General, Akane, along with a select group of other members of the UN, is forced to step in and confront Carver, but when they do, they find themselves entangled in a mysterious web of conspiracy darker than they'd imagined, and it is up to them to unmask the evil beneath the surface for the greater good, even if that greater good has forsaken them.

TNLNotes.png

So yeah, essentially, I intend for this to be a small group RP (ideally no more than 5, but we'll see how many people are interested, can also be a 1x1 if that's what I have to do). Preferably, all of the characters would be members of the United Nations in some form or other, and the intent for the narrative is to be a self-contained story. Feels weird to do a side story that isn't just foreshadowing for a future event, but essentially, this side story had been on my mind for a good year now, and I figured that I may as well finally put it up, especially since I figured we may as well explore the deeper consequences of Civil War ever since lore games have sort of taken a backseat for a bit.

If you have any questions concerning getting in on this, please feel free to ask away! I probably missed a bunch of details about what I wanted to say about this, so go ahead.​
I want in and if we do this, I'll play Harper in it lol

Tomorrow Never Lies

TMLPremise.png

TNLNotes.png

I'll also join, sure

Tomorrow Never Lies

TMLPremise.png

TNLNotes.png

Interested

Tomorrow Never Lies

TMLPremise.png

TNLNotes.png

ALSO, may I PM you some stuff before this starts? Because I've had some notes I've needed to get to you, and now would be the perfect time, since it involves some stuff like this.

Sort of a mg idea but untested so far. Any ideas how i can improve to make this better for you guys?

You are home… enjoying your day… staring in the sky like nothing ever happened. Then it happens…

Multiple missiles are in the sky for no reason. Before you could scream, however you are pulled away by a stranger in green fatigues.

T0ODyJe87dN4Hb-FypxMSohTt4bsnbH6SZuU8XSZrzzNWfLjs2F_kYkVfLUs90zJ-hhblmsU48jUE7dFVJKAUjK35O1hKEQ1JaPQXbrwPE85cjJepRAfm-7aZHRbWZ9dQbWl3p8U

Not knowing where the hell you are and what happened to your world, several people are standing near this man in fatigues.

“My name is General John Connor.”

“What you experienced on your world was called “Judgement Day” here in our world.

“Welcome to our world, 2032.”

Premise
This is a war rp that takes place in multiple times and a small group of unrelated individuals must be at least the level of a terminator and/or human.

Influences:
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Terminator: Salvation/Final Battle

ALSO, may I PM you some stuff before this starts? Because I've had some notes I've needed to get to you, and now would be the perfect time, since it involves some stuff like this.
That's fine, sure.
Sort of a mg idea but untested so far. Any ideas how i can improve to make this better for you guys?

You are home… enjoying your day… staring in the sky like nothing ever happened. Then it happens…

Multiple missiles are in the sky for no reason. Before you could scream, however you are pulled away by a stranger in green fatigues.

T0ODyJe87dN4Hb-FypxMSohTt4bsnbH6SZuU8XSZrzzNWfLjs2F_kYkVfLUs90zJ-hhblmsU48jUE7dFVJKAUjK35O1hKEQ1JaPQXbrwPE85cjJepRAfm-7aZHRbWZ9dQbWl3p8U

Not knowing where the hell you are and what happened to your world, several people are standing near this man in fatigues.

“My name is General John Connor.”

“What you experienced on your world was called “Judgement Day” here in our world.

“Welcome to our world, 2032.”

Premise
This is a war rp that takes place in multiple times and a small group of unrelated individuals must be at least the level of a terminator and/or human.

Influences:
Terminator: Dawn of Fate
Terminator: Salvation/Final Battle
Do note that this thread is for plotting side stories; you'd want to put this post in the main events thread if you want to pitch this as a Main Event.

https://www.storytellerscircle.com/threads/main-event-general-roleplay-ideas.4795/

Tomorrow Never Lies

TMLPremise.png

TNLNotes.png

I'd be interested! Is there any character requirements?

None I can think of at the immediate moment; just really that every character has to be affiliated with the UN.

Alright cool I might have something planned for it then.

Fortune's Odyssey

Leave the world in a better state than you arrived in. Perhaps that has always been your goal in life, to work endlessly for the greater good. Helping others, making people happy...isn't that all you want?

Maybe...or maybe you're someone who enjoys adventure above all else. The thrill of exploring new lands, finding sights no others have ever seen before...that fuels you unlike anything else.

Or even still...maybe you just need some money. Or looking for something to do. Or you have your own agenda. No matter the case, you find yourself here. Where is here, exactly? On some sort of airship manned by a very eccentric young girl.

latest

This girl, Angie, tells you she works for a group called the Coalition, but above all, for Atua (whoever THAT is), and that a planet she had been stationed on, Ash, had just gotten rid of a crime boss named Bowser. However, while scouring his lair for blood sacrifices (it may be for the best not to ask), Angie happened upon an airship, containing what she refers to as "holy relics." In reality, they seem to just be artifacts, but considering how much she's offering to pay you, you're really not going to argue what they're called. Through some more investigating, Angie was able to find that these "holy relics" were treasures from kingdoms in Bowser's home world, treasures that meant a lot to the people they were taken from. And Atua would want nothing more than to bring holy relics back to those who cherish them, so she has decided to take the airship and bring everything back that Bowser stole.

But a problem arises. Even with the strength of Atua on her side, Angie is only one person. And she isn't much of a fighter. But that's okay! Using some of the money from Bowser's stash, she's put out requests for crew members for this expedition in the hopes of getting a good crew. So here you are, aboard her ship, ready to get this mission done as soon as possible. With the promise of good pay and a good group of people, there's nothing that could go wrong!

...right?

Premise

Basically, this is a side-story based on Mario Odyssey. A small crew on an airship hired to return stolen artifacts to their rightful homes. I want this to be a pretty small group, somewhere between 3-6 people, ten at the very most. I won't be able to start this until December most likely, but I think it would be a fun little side-story and a nice spiritual sequel to Trouble in Paradise.​

Fortune's Odyssey

Leave the world in a better state than you arrived in. Perhaps that has always been your goal in life, to work endlessly for the greater good. Helping others, making people happy...isn't that all you want?

Maybe...or maybe you're someone who enjoys adventure above all else. The thrill of exploring new lands, finding sights no others have ever seen before...that fuels you unlike anything else.

Or even still...maybe you just need some money. Or looking for something to do. Or you have your own agenda. No matter the case, you find yourself here. Where is here, exactly? On some sort of airship manned by a very eccentric young girl.

latest

This girl, Angie, tells you she works for a group called the Coalition, but above all, for Atua (whoever THAT is), and that a planet she had been stationed on, Ash, had just gotten rid of a crime boss named Bowser. However, while scouring his lair for blood sacrifices (it may be for the best not to ask), Angie happened upon an airship, containing what she refers to as "holy relics." In reality, they seem to just be artifacts, but considering how much she's offering to pay you, you're really not going to argue what they're called. Through some more investigating, Angie was able to find that these "holy relics" were treasures from kingdoms in Bowser's home world, treasures that meant a lot to the people they were taken from. And Atua would want nothing more than to bring holy relics back to those who cherish them, so she has decided to take the airship and bring everything back that Bowser stole.

But a problem arises. Even with the strength of Atua on her side, Angie is only one person. And she isn't much of a fighter. But that's okay! Using some of the money from Bowser's stash, she's put out requests for crew members for this expedition in the hopes of getting a good crew. So here you are, aboard her ship, ready to get this mission done as soon as possible. With the promise of good pay and a good group of people, there's nothing that could go wrong!

...right?

Premise

Basically, this is a side-story based on Mario Odyssey. A small crew on an airship hired to return stolen artifacts to their rightful homes. I want this to be a pretty small group, somewhere between 3-6 people, ten at the very most. I won't be able to start this until December most likely, but I think it would be a fun little side-story and a nice spiritual sequel to Trouble in Paradise.​

For everyone interested in Tomorrow Never Lies, I should note that most likely, I won't get around to booting it up until January 2018 at the earliest, due to November being a very busy month for me, and December having me preoccupied with hosting the upcoming event, just to let you all know in case you may lose interest or so by then, so we'll see.

@Crow @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Minerva

Back