Kin no Keifu

Genealogy of Gold
In which a lonely, large city is haunted during the night, within the dreams of many, and to leave the creatures there means death. In which a group of children are forced to fight them night after night. In which the death toll is exorbitantly high.

Aiuto, prego. A cry for help.

Basically, a bunch of kids are forced by an unknown higher magic to hunt down creatures of evil hiding in people's dreams every night. They can't stop, or anyone whose dreams haven't been cleansed will instantly die. Thing is, that's not something everyone should know yet.

Every dream, to them, would be a new world, a new level to explore with new monsters to beat every goddamn day. It'd also be a new horror, a new workplace. If you die in the Matrix, you don't come back out. That's how everything works. Again, no-one knows this without having had some time in the job. They can't grow up from whatever age they were and whoever knows without being a magical will end up with a sudden influx of monsters in dreams.

Whoever this higher magic is, they're an asshole.

Your goal is to survive for as long as you can. Roll a d100 for every monster you go to fight. If it's a 1, they can be killed by a stiff wind. If it's 100...

There will be at least two monsters per person every night. It's your choice how many as long as there's at least two. It's also your choice for when to stop fighting. However, someone will end up dying if you don't finish off their monster. Magicals can have monsters in their own dreams, but the only way they can sense them is by their magic and-or weapons weakening until they're dead. They can only visit their own heads if there's another magical there. A user can choose whether or not there's a monster in their dream.

Hunts for monsters end when the user decides to stop. However, hunts start at around 9 every night. A hunt for any monster above level 30 takes thirty minutes, approx. Any monster under that takes pretty much no time. Under 30? You can just skip the fight if you want. The monsters are all twisted versions or parts of their current dreamscape. You can join someone in fighting a monster- that is, if they let you. The person being asked to join gets a quick look at the other's name and appearance. They can lock them out temporarily or not.

Last edited:
CHARACTER SHEET:

Name:
Motivation to fight:
Weapon:
Dreamscape:
What they would do if blamed for something they didn't do:
What they would do if a loved one confronted them about it:
What they would do if made to harm an innocent:
Whether they'd prefer to be known as heroes or left unknown:
Description:

Last edited:
Name: Vittoria Brillare

Appearance:
bb14247e413db4c4945409e522c2d4fd.jpg

Motivation to fight:
Vittoria's failed once. She's not failing anyone else.

Weapon:
A colichemarde, a smallsword descended from the rapier. It burns with a white flame when the monster is a hard one to defeat.

Dreamscape: A neverending garden of clouds and stars. Every flower is a glowing, twinkling little ball of light, and the earth is made of white and pink clouds soft enough to fall asleep in. There are larger, humanoid light-balls wandering around- angels, she calls them, though they're probably not.

What they would do if blamed for something they didn't do:

"Why would you say that?" The brown-haired girl put a hand to her mouth, covering it in a swift movement. "W-What did I do? Whatever it is, I'll make up for it. Just- Just stop!" She could feel her eyes becoming wet.

What they would do if a loved one confronted them about it:

"Doesn't anyone believe me?" Through the tears already pricking through her eyes, Vittoria's usual smile fell. "I didn't do it! I didn't, I swear! Believe me!"

What they would do if made to harm an innocent:

Vittoria turned away from the terrified person in front of her. Her sword dissipated, and she glared at the other in the room, eyes colder than she'd ever let them become.
"No."

Whether they'd prefer to be known as heroes or left unknown: She doesn't want others to know of her without needing her help. They'd know what she's caused.

Description:
A girl who's been fighting for two years already. She was negligent with her efforts and so brought upon the city a rise in death. In horror, she fights harder and harder every night, whispering comfort to every mind. It was alright, she was there, and she wouldn't fail them again.

Last edited:
(im interested, do i just submit my character profile here or do i message u ?)

Back