Akashic Arcana Open Book | Date Night

Lobelia didn't mind splitting the bill, in fact, she could've paid for it in full - Being the adopted daughter of a crime lord had its perks, even if it meant having money derived from the suffering of others. With time you grow desensitized from it, but Lobelia had just learned to live with it.

She laughed softly, "Honestly I'm fairly lame after you hang out with me too much," she said softly as she looked up at the full moon that lit up the night sky, "Y'know, back home I don't get to see the moon much, it's nice to remind myself it still exists."

Her blue eyes meeting his, a small blush expanding across her nose as a smile grew across her lips, "I do hope we get to meet again."

Looking into her eyes, he knew he had to take a chance. The mood was right, the feelings between them were blatant. His confidence was at an all time high. He leaned down, closer to her, taking her other hand in his, and gave a gentle kiss to her lips. It felt electric, sparks flying between the two, and when he pulled away, he had to fight the urge to dive back in again. "Sorry, I've been fighting the compulsion to do that all night and I couldn't hold back anymore. I really like you."

Lobelia's heart raced in her chest as he held on to her other hand, his lips finding their way to hers. Almost instinctively she held her breath as he kissed her, electricity running up her spine sending goosebumps along her soft skin.

Her knees felt like they were shaking right under her, hopefully it was but a feeling and not a visible thing. Her face felt hot like lava and her lips almost quivering as she smiled at him, "You're just the strangest boy I have crossed," she giggled, "and I mean that in the best way possible."

He scratched the back of his head. "Well thanks. Glad I could set the bar for you." He said, leading her to her car as he could feel the night dwindling to a close. "It's funny, I don't want this date to end. I'm having way too much fun." He admitted to her. His arm now wrapped around her shoulders. They looked like a true couple in the night air.

She giggled at his response before looking up at him as they walked towards her car, "Good things end, eventually so I guess it's just the way it has to be," she teased as she moved over just a couple inches closer.

The arm wrapped around her shoulders making her blush just enough that even under the dim moonlight it would be noticeable. Her heels clicked gently against the pavement, and her heart raced within her chest.

"...But I agree, I wish it wouldn't end."

He took a deep breath in, steeling his courage before looking back at her and asking his next question. "Lobelia, this night was amazing, and I want to have many more like it, so I'm just gonna come straight out and ask. Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, his eyes filled with longing for her as he anticipated her response. His nerves running wild throughout him, knowing that it was far too early to ask for that, but he felt like it was only natural for them.

She looked at him with overflowing joy in her eyes, a bright smile on her lips as she let out a soft little squeal from her lips, "Of course silly! I wouldn't think you'd ask so soon," she basically squeaked.

Her eyes glistened a sky blue as the moonlight hit her face almost perfectly, her soft features accentuated as she wrapped her arms around him in a rather gentle hug, her head gently resting on his chest.

He chuckled as he reciprocated the hug, wrapping his big strong arms around her form. "I didn't think you'd accept so soon either. You've made me a very happy man tonight, Love." He said as he kissed the top of her head, the biggest smile ever on his face.

When she pulled back, he gave her one final kiss before gesturing to her car. "Guess we should part ways for now before it gets too chilly. Don't worry though, I'll be texting you real soon. We'll be back together again before you know it." He said with a wink.

"I'm a box of all sorts of surprises," she smiled at him as she reached to poke at his cheek playfully as he kissed her just one last time. Her pearly white teeth displayed as she ginned up at him before she exaggerated a pout as he noted how late it was getting.

"You know that sounds more like a threat than anything else," she teased, "but I guess I don't have a jacket so I better go, darn me for not planning ahead."

With one final wave of her dainty hand, she walked around her car and ended the night. The uneventful drive back home soon followed by poor Uriel having to deal with his squealing sister for approximately an eternity.

"Not a threat, honey. A promise." He said before finally letting her go to her car. As Lobelia drove off into the night, Mago let out a huge sigh of relief, before fist-pumping to himself. A loud "WOOP!" of victory could be heard as he expressed his jubilation. "I cant believe it... she's the one, she's gotta be the one. I've never fallen this hard for anyone in my life, it has to be fate!" He mumbled to himself as he made his way back to his own car.

When he sat down in his drivers seat, an all too familiar voice came back to him. This will only end in tragedy, Mago. You're no gentle giant, you're an atom bomb waiting to explode. Force me out for these dates all you like, it wont change the truth. When we finally begin our conquest of the world, there will be no room for her.

"Shut up! You aren't going to win. This crusade of yours is nothing but the delusions of a warlord who died in his prime. The world's moved on without you, Shaka, and I will too." Mago... you cant resist my power forever. I will win, and when I do, she'll be hurt. I promise you that. Those words haunted the rest of Mago's night as he drove home, desperate for the moment he could see Lobelia again.

Back